Attention all Indian Hubbers: Important!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (33 posts)
  1. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

I don't know if this is the best place to post this or not, but here it is...

There is a site, http://www.nainlove.com/ that is copying all the Indian, Hindi, Bollywood Hubs here and reposting them.

I contacted HP about this, and they said
    "I wasn't able to find a Contact link on that website, so I suggest you file a separate DMCA complaint with Google for each instance of copying:"

So if you wanna get these articles taken down, I would suggest filing a DMCA

http://www.google.com/adsense_dmca.html

HP also told me the best bet was to file a separate complaint for each copied incident, which with me alone is somewhere around 40 Hubs.
    But they said that gets more notice.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No offense - but - most of these types of hubs stole these photos in the first place and do not own the copyright.

How are you going to file a complaint if you do not own the copyright?

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mark

OMG don't take my picture, I'm not ready yet, I swear I am filing a complaint, or do a Hub on just me, geez!

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

OK. I won't take your picture. wink

I am genuinely interested though. Seeing as none of the people that post these photos own the copyright - how can they file a DMCA complaint?

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
            Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol
            Painting yourself into a corner:
            FAIL.

Watching them do it:
            PRICELESS

2. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a good point.

3. waynet profile image70
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha...easily sorted!

4. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It would kind of be like reporting to the police that your drugs have been stolen.

sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well as I said, last week Bluehost evidently made them pull the posts.
          This week however, they are dragging their feet, as in "we have to wait till Monday or Tuesday to review it" etc. 
          I sent the info to the HP team as well, so maybe they can hurry them along.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm on it, dont have these hubs, but important this stops, and sorry but I think they are ridiculous anyways.  Photos, no captions with then, barely any copy, for what?  These types of hubs I dont  even look at, if I do, I scroooooooool down, sigh.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

The site locked up my computer and changed FF with additional tabs.  Had to restart computer, then shut down FF and reload it as it was still trying to go to the site.

3. sabrebIade profile image81

I didn't have any problem.
    Do you have anti-virus firewall etc?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I use Norton

4. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Thank you Sabreblade, but I have no hubs with regards to your post. smile Hope you are well. It was nice to see you about the forums. smile

5. sabrebIade profile image81

Part of the reason I posted this is that HP doesn't need to get a rep as "easy pickins".
    "Hey, we stole all their Bollywood Hubs and they did nothing, let's do more sites with Tech, autos, photography etc and steal all those articles too!"
    Kind of a "line in the sand".

6. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Copy karma

7. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

The site is hosted on Blue Host, that is were the domain nameservers point.

Contact them on the blue host contact forms bluehost.com/

thisisoli, you are great.

I did call them and BlueHost confirmed they hosted the site and said they would co-operate.
      Thank you so much for your help.

I also forwarded the info to the HP team so they would know who to contact.

BTW, I did notice that the site is branching out now and is coping other HP Hubs besides the evidently lowly Bollywood Hubs, like I figured they would.

Again, thank you for your help.

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done!

2. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tell them that the site not only hosts illegally cpied content, but that it also is hosting malware.

8. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Contacting the host as mentioned above is always the best bet. I had a very old picture I had copied way back when I was just starting my sites.

I got a DMCA notice AND they contacted my host, who in turn contacted me to take it down. Scared the hell out of me!

Nobody want's their host to shut down their site. So contacting the host is always the best bet. smile

9. sabrebIade profile image81

It looks like all of the Hubs copied on that site have been removed (the site is still up though).
    Thanks again thisisoli, you are indeed the Man.

But in just doing a few checks, I am seeing a lot of copied Hubs out there.
    I know HP can't get everyone out there, so I think the Hubbers themselves are going to have to be increasingly vigilant.
    I myself am going to file DMCAs, contact hosts and contact any Hubber whose work I see copied. 

BTW, I saw some copied Hubs that outranked the originals in Google search.
    Does that mean the duplicate content thing is bogus?

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have to take in account a possible fresh content bonus.

Duplicate content "penalties" are per domain - so anything that you may be referring to otherwise, is indeed bogus

2. thisisoli profile image72

It may mean that the Hubber copied the work.

For the most part nowadays I only occasionally rip through sites which copy my work.  I also keep a close eye for my work appearing on other article directories (Since when this happens it can be duplicated witin days across thousands of websites)

For the most part now I only really crack down on sites which have copied my work and are actively ranking against me for keywords.  I used to spend a lot of time fighting every website that copied my work, but only appeared when I searched for large blocks of exact text.

I also use copyscape to find articles which have taken my work and placed it through an article spinner.  The good thing about DMCA and international copyright laws is that they protect you from theft of work AND modification of work.

10. sabrebIade profile image81

http://www.nainlove.com/ is back at it again.
    New site (http://www.fashion4yngs.com/), and reused all the Hubs again.
    BUT, he used the same host as last time.
    So (thanks to Oli), I just gave them a call and sent another email, this time they had me send it to Legal instead of Abuse.
    I also alerted the HP team via e-mail and gave them the contact info.

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

any update on this yet!

1. waynet profile image70
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If the hubpages in question are all original content then it would have been swiftly taken down....the reason why they are dragging in time is it's not a high enough priority to deal with copied content in large amounts.

Both Hub Pages and Bluehost have told me to file DMCAs on everything.

It's funny that last week it was all taken down in 24 hours, and this week it's all up to me to file DMCAs on all the pages I see copied.

1. thisisoli profile image72

File a DMCA AND send them an email entitled cease and desist.  A cease and desist needs to show your original content, where it has been placed, and you need to threaten a legal action for stolen work.

Value your work at $20 per 100 words, state loss of earnings based on traffic at around $10 per thousand and make sure that you state that unless the content is pulled immediately you will be seeking compensation for the illegal content they are hosting.

Here is what you need to know

DMCA - is easy to do, the person who stole the content also has a right to respond though.

Cease and Desist - if the host believes they have sufficient evidence they can proceed with the removal of the content without authorization from the person who stole your work. You just have to be more thorough, get an email from hubpages confirming your publishing date, screenshot your stats page, and make sure there is no doubt left that the work is yours.

If your work is appearing on several sites in a few days though, copy a block of text and search for it in Google (make sure you encase it in "'s).  It may have been stolen and posted on an article directory.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

I suspect they discovered that you do not own the copyright. Not sure why Oli is giving you this advice. You cannot file a DMCA complaint if you are not the copyright holder.

Not rocket science. wink

1. BDazzler profile image78
              BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is ironic that those who are less than diligent about violating others' intellectual property are worried about their own.

It reminds me of a favorite line from The Princess Bride ... "You're trying to kidnap what I've rightfully stolen."

11. sabrebIade profile image81

Thanks Oli.
    You always have great ideas!

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did it work??

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)