I know I'm no hottie but really??

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (80 posts)
  1. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

I can't help but think it isn't quite a coinscedence(sp) that my hub score dropped four points since changing my avatar to a real picture of me.  I know it goes off averages, too and I did add a new hub but that was yesterday and the score dropped three days ago and hasn't come up.  Are people really that superficial? smile

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looking at you knew avatar, I'm pretty sure that you score went up 97 points and you are really t 193, but Hubpages isn't able to track 3 digit scores.

Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are too kind. {blushing} Normally I don't fret the score going up and down, it does that frequently but it hasn't been this low in some time and it certainly hasn't stayed low for more than a day, maybe two. I guess I'll just have to adjust or figure something out! LOL big_smile

1. Richieb799 profile image74
          Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry mine was at its highest a few days ago and dropped 5 points from 96-91, the lowest Ive had in a long time.. as long as it doesn't go below 90 I am happy for now

Exactly! Whew, I'm glad it's not just me then! smile

2. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not bad, I wouldn't mind helping you score.

{blushing}

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YES, I know, bummer, just hang with it, I mean look at me, I have no face!

4. Bimendra gun profile image61
      Bimendra gunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey there
      you looks very nice hubs gone wrong if so

5. the pink umbrella profile image75
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that happened when i changed mine from the pic you see here, to a different one in which my boobs werent involved. I wasnt sure if it was a coincidence or not, but i changed back because i like this picture. And guess what...my score went back up.

6. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean - everytime I go topless the score changes smile It will be winter soon so I will have to keep my top on

2. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

come off it Chaotic, your new pic is great, and has no relationship to your hub score altering. When ever i publish a new hub my score drops by 1/2or 3 points then after a few days works its way back- so stop getting paranoid we all love you.

yeah, plus.. you are bashing my new screen saver!

2. Chaotic Chica profile image60

Thank you guys!  I guess I did get a bit paranoid but it just seems odd that the score dropped before I added the new hub and then has stayed low.  I always feel that if my score dips too low for too long then I must be doing something wrong. sad

3. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

Looking at your real picture, I can't begin to imagine why it should have any negative effect ...

Besides, I used to have a horrible, passport-like photo of myself on my profile, and changing it made absolutely no difference to score etc..

I think the drop has to do with something else, but I wouldn't worry about it.

big_smile LOL "I think the drop has to do with something else, but I wouldn't worry about it."  That's exactly what I'm worried about!  big_smile

1. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay ... but whenever (often) I get a drop, I never know why, and it goes up again anyway.

Of course, I would worry if it kept going down ... and down ... and down ... Until that really starts happening (down to the late seventies?), don't worry smile

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey CC,

You worry too much. Profile pictures have little to do with anything really.

Besides, I like your picture and see nothing wrong with it. And, just because I do...I've enlarged it so show you better, in your own thread... lol lol

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3643826_f520.jpg

Don't fret over what other people think...it causes too much stress. wink big_smile

Cagsil, can you get that on a pillow for me?

It doesn't bother you that part of my husband's head is in the shot? big_smile LOL

nah, I'll superimpose it with my wife's tongue

LMAO!!! That won't bother her? wink

Well I can't take your pic off and replace it with mine. that would just be too homosexual for me!

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

ROLMAO!!!!!

2. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ditto smile))

3. Chaotic Chica profile image60

Wow! I'm not sure I've ever blown up my pic that big before! LOL Too self conscience! big_smile  Thank you for the vote of confidence, though!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. wink big_smile

4. readytoescape profile image60
      readytoescapeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its probably because of the guy in the Pic,

Aww-his ear's not THAT ugly! LOL big_smile

5. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are beautiful...

Still, I refuse to put a real picture of me...  If I only get 2 or 3 views a day now, can't imagine what would happen if I tried to advertise with my face! LOL

You know I used to not really put my pic up but recently felt 'why not'.  Thank you for the compliment! I'm sure you wouldn't have any difficulties. smile

5. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Avatar has nothing to do with traffic always, i hit 100 sometimes even with this anime pic big_smile

I used to believe that but this time around got me thinking! LOL

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Nah, CC - if hubscore had anything to do with avatar pic, I'd have about a 30! lol

Oh, Habee that's not true!! You're a great writer and your avatar shows that you are a fun loving person with an open personality.  Definately nothing wrong with your avatar! big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aww...thanks, CC. It's nice to see your face!

1. bayoulady profile image69
          bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second that. You are radiant habee!

1. habee profile image93

Thanks, Bayou - all due to my pool and the tanning bed!

7. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Scores are fully automated, they don't even know what our avatars show.

Hmmm~now THAT I did not know...... I thought the administrators had at least a little something to do with it.  Although potential viewers do see it and their opinion does affect the score by their viewing [or not] of one's hubs.  Good to know though-thanks!  big_smile

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sure viewers oponions matter.  That is why I dressed up for my avatar picture.

That's kind of what I think.  BTW~I love your avatar!!!! It was what first drew me to you and I have liked what you have had to say so, there you go, theory proved!! smile

8. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Your premise is absolute nonsense.  When I used this actual photo of myself as an avatar, I was consistently a 101.

<TOS violating image snipped>

I love it!! LOL big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

what nudity?  I didn't see any nudity!  did you see any nudity?  Naw  - cuz nudit is against the rules, right?  so nobody's nude around here.  Nosiree bob!

9. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I did a bunch of experimenting with avatar pics - I found that around Christmas I really got attention with a chesty gal in a santa costume - no face mainly focussed on her breasts!  But then I got so I felt kinda funny about that kind of thing and so I finally put the kitten on and I like it and now I know if my score goes down or up it ain't cuz of the pic.  But what I don't know is how to get my score to stay at 100!  I made it there twice in the past week but it only stays for about 1/2 a day and then it dives again.  I am working hard. 

I'm sure your avatar pic didn't make your score dive - I don't think that is included in the calculations for hubber score - your avatar pic is really nice now.  Keep it that way!  Its nice to see what people look at.  I don't have mine on because I don't like to see my face everytime I post something lol  its kinda of scary  but yours isn't

Mega~Your first paragraph kind of proves my point.  If people like what they see, they are more likely to look at more of your work and vice versa.

As far as seeing your face, I know what you mean.  I am my own worst critic and all I see is the excess weight I've gained.  I appreciate your compliment, though and I think I will keep it.  At least for a while! LOL

10. Richard Craig profile image59
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

What's not hot about a girl that likes engines?  And not crummy engines either.  I think the system has just developed a stutter. lol

big_smile Thank you! Nice to see a fellow gear head (or at least someone else that can appreciate a strong, well built, smooth running engine! ) big_smile big_smile

11. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

CC, it wasn't your picture, believe me, you are way too cute to think that!  My score and hub scores drop whenever I publish a new hub.  Don't worry it will come back up!

12. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

CC, your hot and attractive, so shoosh please. This should be enough to tell you to tell your husband "hey honey, someone from 18,000 miles away reckons your a lucky man and thinks your wife is hubba hubba"

Pffffffffffffffft, now me on the other hand, I dunno whats more appealing, my excuse for a face or a bucketful of wombats backsides lol

Now you're really making me blush! I haven't used the word hot to describe since, well, a long time! LOL  I'll certainly pass the message along, though! He agrees with you. smile Although he better! LOL big_smile
      As for you, my dear, there is nothing to excuse about your face. I rather like it and I think that, if we were on the same continent, we'd likely make good friends in the 'real world'! big_smile  Now I cannot testify to your backside as I haven't seen it but I doubt it's as bad as you claim! LOL

13. Gypsy48 profile image75
    Gypsy48posted 13 years ago

CC, nothing wrong with your avatar, keep smiling:)

14. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I will change my picture if someone joins me! Let's see what happens?! I would probably lose my two or three daily readers, but it's worth a try!

15. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Dr Watson I presume....
    I declare this case....the case of Envyitis....
    My prediction is your score will rise to 100 as blood pressures soar,
    What a beauty.
    Now away Tonto....away...
    Oh crikeys that was the lone-ranger............

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/CatBicycle.gif

1. profile image0

LOL

2. profile image0

Oh... c'mon Blondepoet... Let's change profile pics!  lol

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes just getting my cowgirl one ready.
        Hot Diggety Dog crack that whip Norman.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/CatTooFunny.gif

1. profile image0

LOL

I already took a picture of myself wearing my mermaid costume! LOL

1. blondepoet profile image67

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO sounds a bit fishy can't wait to see it....

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/CherokeeAngel81/Cherokees%20Projects/mermaid2.jpg

1. profile image0

Shoot!!! Must have been all those lobster specials! The tail is a little too tight...           

umph..            umph....     *with strenuous voice*   IT'S JUST NOT GOING UP!!!  hmm

1. profile image0

Ah! Much better!!! So here I am! A living, breathing, beautiful mermaid!!!

1. Richard Craig profile image59
                  Richard Craigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll go and get the fishing line, and I'll take to dinner. lol

1. profile image0

I am a bit confused, Richard. Are you planning to take me to dinner, or am I the dinner?! roll

2. blondepoet profile image67

Wow your mermaid costume looks so much like a seal. Wow that is super photography LMAO.

16. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Yes, my vase gets me an enormous amount of fans lol

No worries on the picture.

17. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Well, it is a lovely vase. smile

18. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

You got nothing to worry about Chica, you look mahvelous.

19. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

And people love snakes!

1. habee profile image93

Snakes are dark; wemmings are light.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, light-headed!  Hock?

20. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Hey CC, you're beautiful!  The avatar photo has nothing to do with your hubscore.  My hubscore was much higher (99) when it was my polar bear!  smile

Now that I have a hard time believing! YOU are beautiful, I cannot begin to compare.  I do wonder about those scores sometimes, though......

1. profile image0

Good news Chaotic Chica... the picture has nothing to do with the hubscore. I'm still a 93 even though I changed my profile picture. Although, I must say... with my looks and my figure I am not surprised at all.  I look 10 times better than any girl out there...

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx138/LIGHTENINGENTERATAINMENT/manatee.jpg

1. profile image0

In fact, it's been a complete success! I went from a 93 to a 96. Chaotic Chica... you need to put a sea cow on your profile pic. IT WORKS!!!

21. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

14 hours ago HubScore was 97, and oh my.....was still with THIS face too tongue

So being serious for a moment, I reckon beauty and.or ugliness with avatars have no bearing on Hubscore......its ALL ABOUT the content!!!!!!!!!

1. DarkDisOrder profile image60
      DarkDisOrderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Kangaroo_Jase here sexy chica, oops i mean Choatic chico, i mean look at my avatar face, and i only created this avatar a few days ago and my score keeps rising, i mean i'm no expert like those who rank in 95 and up, but judging by your pic, that can't be the problem. If I can ask, can I get a copy of that without of husband being in it, hahahahahaha...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)