Im totally confused!

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. ProFXBlog profile image58
    ProFXBlogposted 13 years ago

ok heres's the scenario...

i publish a hub that is very informative, it has 1 link in the body of the text directing to a website i have highlighted as being a great resource and in no way affiliated or beneficial to me.

At the very bottom of my hub after my name i place the link to my personal blog which i have done in all 5 of my hubs up until now.

The hub gets flagged as overpromotional so i send a e-mail to support

their reply is that i have 5 links all directing to my blogspot blog, the funniest thing being thats not even the link i have been placing at the bottom of my pages!

So im now playing e-mail tennis with the support team disputing this and they are adament i have 5 links directing to this blogspot blog.

Now i take another look at my hub and what seems like kontera ads are in fact all links to my blogspot blog!?!?

I dont understand how this as happened because i certainly didnt place them there, in fact i have never even written that URL into any of my hubs!

I do however run kontera ads there as well with obviously the same affiliate tag.

what do you guys think because i am sooo confused right now...

regards, lee

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i faced similar situation but then i stopped putting my links and wrote entirely different for hubs..

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

An easy solution would be to drop the kontera adds. The will not do anything for you until l you have a mass of hubs and loads of traffic. I would reckon you miss out on nothing in doing this and it may save you some time. smile

3. ProFXBlog profile image58
    ProFXBlogposted 13 years ago

but im still confused as to HOW this happened?

i now have a flagged hub with a very low score due to something completely out of my hands?

all 5 of my other hubs are displaying the ads correctly, this is the only hub i have had the issue with?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I have been here two years, and trust admin completely. Keep talking to the hubpages crew, they will find out how and why this has happened. smile
      Welcome to hubpages! I feel once you sort out this problem you will love it here. smile

1. ProFXBlog profile image58
        ProFXBlogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have only just realised the issue!

A very stupid mistake, i was in fact to blame for this error.

Normally i write my blog post in microsoft word and then will simply copy and paste it my blog, then my blogspot blog and then here in a hub whilst making slight changes to it and all works fine, no issues from the support team.

However on that particula occassion i had pasted it to my blogspot blog which then displayed kontera ads on it.

I then copied and pasted from my blogspot blog to hubpages and then made adjustments not realising what were on blogspot kontera ads have now just become a link directly to blogspot once i'd pasted it to hubpages!

I have deletd hub and will republish from microsoft word and hopefully this issue should not arise again!

thanks for the replies!

lee

1. J@ps profile image56
          J@psposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good to know, thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)