Google ads not showing AT ALL on my new hub!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (33 posts)
  1. bayoulady profile image69
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

Hi, I am participating in the hubmob on deaf awareness. Yesterday,when I previewed my new hub, I could  see adds, but after publishing, they are gone.  I previewed again today and saw the adds, but the actual post still has no adds. I worked very hard on this post, and expected adds of course.  Any idea what I did wrong??????? It is certainly not a forbidden topic, so I 'm shaking my head on this one.
    (I didn't post a link because I don't want to appear promotional)THANKS IN ADVANCE! Jackie

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jackie,

Just took a look at your latest hub and there is a big white area where an advert should be, but there is nothing there!

What a strange glitch. I'd recommend emailing team@hubpages.com

bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks wrylit!

1. thisisoli profile image70
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Look on your statistics page, is there a symbol next to the hub?

thanks! but there is no symbol next to it.I just double checked. No ad disabled symbol or any other...sigh.....

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My guess is that you may have failed to complete the Google Pin Process (the 4th bullet):

http://hubpages.com/faq/#adsense-does-not-appear

Wouldn't that only apply if Bayoulady had an adsense account without pin activated for six months? The HP account is two months old (although she may have had one before.)

I also refreshed the page quite  a few times and no adverts displayed. Shouldn't HP adverts appear at some stage? Or would not completing the pin process adversely affect HP adverts as well?

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
          pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The other possibility is that Google doesn't like something about the page (the third bullet).

Paul...not me,that ain't my bag......it is as clean as a white sheet..lol!

2. bayoulady profile image69

Thanks everyone. you are SO kind!
          I think wrylit is right. I've not yet received a PIN , and I've only been doing adsense for a few months.

Here is what I found from paul's link:

"You'll have 6 months from the initial issue date to enter your PIN. If you have not entered a PIN within 4 months, we will replace the paid advertisements on your site with unpaid Public Service Ads"

I feel so stupid, but can't figure this out!

I take it from Paul's reply that it may be an idea to contact google adsense directly?

2. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

For hte record this looks like a well put together thoughtful hub, I have no idea why the ads would not show, go in to edit hub and check the settings to make sure you have it as a commercial hub!

Thanks thisisoli, I spent almost 3 hours on the hub. I  checked..no symbols,no disabled notice, and it is checked commercial. When I preview it,the adds are there,but when i close the preview window...nuttin,nada....it's like it is backwards.

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I've also had hubs that showed nothing for a few days. Then suddenly the ads started showing and they were my best click producing hubs. Give it time.

Bill, I hope you are right. Wrylit suggested I email the hubpage team, and I did, so maybe they can look and tell me what's up.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

If I am not entirely mistaken, it may be possible to request a new pin from within the Adsense control panel.

Thanks, WE, I've only made less than 4 dollars and they have not sent me a pin at all yet. Plus, I don't need it yet.(see my copy and paste about it above.

I believe pins get sent out when you reach $10-$15 from memory.

Once it has been sent a note will appear in your adsense control panel.

Thanks wrylit. It has been over 24 hrs since it published and still no adds. i wrote the team as you suggested, but as of yet they haven't got back to me or done an override,which I assume they can.

By the look of it there is a space set there for for adverts but nothing is appearing (meaning it's adsense choosing not to display adverts.)

In the case of the team disabling adverts themselves, the white square would not show. (For an example of this see my adsense free hub, hint it has the words sex and pregnancy in the title.)

So I'd say that it's google adsense itself which is the reason. Might be best to contact them.

5. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I just looked at the hub and know what it is. If it's the one I think it is, the deafness hub, that is a subject hard for Google to find ads for.

I think Google adsense just does not have any ads for that subject. Or it's confused about what to put in there. It might take a week before ads show, and then not the right type.

It's just a subject that frankly does not do well with adsense. BTW I'm 90% deaf myself. smile

Hi Bill, you may be right but other people that have deafness hubmobs have google adds on them. I would think that hearing aids, alert vibrating clocks and etc. would do fine. Thanks for you input. The hub team never replied to my email, so I just sent it again.Must be because it is a weekend.

90% Deaf yourself..... I know you understand a family's pride of their deaf family member. I am sure your family is so proud of you.

6. profile image57
    PAIJOposted 13 years ago

changes the title :-)

anyway I already read your profile and you say you didn't like rude people right!!, I think Google assume your title is to rude lol :-) (My Sister is deaf!!)

just trying to help :-)

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you read the article? Apparently not, since that is what the article is about. Maybe you are trying to help, but I don't see how what you are saying would be very helpful.

1. profile image57
        PAIJOposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just Like I said !!  WEB exam I read the profiles Not the articles :-) lol

nice hubs WebExam!!  not bad for  a noobs :-) , lol

Why read the profile? My problem is about my hubmob.....and  about no  adds from google, and I doubt they read my profile and pull adds.

1. profile image0

From now on, let us leave PAIJO to his own devices. Just ignore him.

Thanks Web,Good idea..
              I jusa  eenore heim......lol! I will not respond to him again.

1. profile image0

Excellent.

2. bayoulady profile image69

Paijo, where in the world do you get the idea that saying a family member is Deaf? is rude....... and why the "lol"????/
      I don't see the humor............

7. bayoulady profile image69
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

Gotcha, Web! Thanks

1. profile image57
      PAIJOposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok Baoulady  your the experts I am just newbies from third world country,

enjoy the hubs stuff guys :-) thanks for the respond and personal attack :-)

8. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Nobody is attacking anybody. Newbies are welcome. Sometimes words are misunderstood, and there may also be some cultural or language problems. Let's just forget the whole thing, tomorrow is another day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)