If you're straight read this and you might understand.

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (40 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

A lot of straight people don't understand why gay people are gay, and why we are constantly fighting for our rights. If you take this simple test and think about it you might get it.
    It doesn't matter what your gender is, just have an open mind as you read further.

Lets say for example you are currently a man. Now clear your mind of everything you know, and you are now a female. (male if you are female.) Nothing has chnaged about you, you are still who you are, only your sex has changed.

If you are a man, now a woman. Are you going to have sex with a man and marry him and have his children. Or, are you going to continue to be sexually interested in women. If you say you will honor God's law and marry the man that would make you continue to be hetro...but, if you're only going to go after women that would make you a lesbian.

If you are a women that became a man, are you going to marry a woman and father her children as god intended? or are you going to date men because you are still attracted to them? If you continue to date men that would make you a homosexual.

Now imagaine someone telling your new identity that you can't love the person you might choose, and they are trying to pass laws to keep you from being able to be who you want to be. Even threaten you with jail time for being in love, or even death.

How would that make you feel. If you are saying you would obey the laws, and do gods will, we all know you are full of it, or, you would rather deny it, and live in the closet. Hello! You just discovered what it feels like to be a homosexual.

The funny thing is if you do role reversal on Gay people all gay people become straight. Isn't that funny.

Give it a thought and add comments. Please stay away from religeous crap. We have all heard it, and don't need to go there. Just go with the question and answer it.

If you are a man that is now a woman....choose male/female
    If you are a woman that is now a man....choose male/female

As a gay man now a woman. I choose male, making me straight.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that there is no way to stay away from the religious stuff?  That's the only possible avenue for arguments against homosexuality. There are no reasonable or logical arguments against letting people be who they are, and you can't just say, "Eww, it's gross" and expect your opinion to count as a valid reason.  So you have to use arguments based on grounds that don't require logic. Hence, religion will appear shortly.  You watch.

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ayup.  They will be here any minute :-)

Brimancandy, know that a lot of us "breeders" sympathise and will fight for your rights.  But it is a fight.

brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know. They just can't resist putting in their two cents. But, I always like to see what they have to say no matter how repetitive it is. My favorite is the phrase.

"God created Adam and Eve...not Adam and Steve."

Well, I guess if your name is Steve you don't exist, because god apparently didn't create you. So where the hell did you come from!
          Let me guess. You must have been the beast in the field that everyone at church keeps talking about. Oh wait, that was supposed to be Cain and Able's wifes, because they obviously didn't have sex with their mother.

Yet, according to the bible Cain and Able had children, and with only them and Eve the supposed only people on the planet earth. Dare we ask the question? I see incest, which is apparently also a sin.

So we know who sinned first, and it wasn't the gays honey! So there!

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It does not matter that I truly can understand you inside. Or care to make a choice on the questions asked.

What matters is I accept you as a person, and give you your space and the dignity you deserve.

I, as others, were put on earth for what ever purpose to live, not judge and or condem.

I guess the test was only intended for those people who don't understand.  There is also no prize for having the correct answer, and there is no correct answer!

The whole point of the question was to make you think. People seem to think there is a yes or no,,,right or wrong answer to everything. Nobody seems to think about anything outside of that.

The whole point of the question is how it makes you feel inside. If you are ok with yourself is what matters, and people should respect that. The problem is that there are people out there that don't respect anything other trhan what they believe in, and, will call you every name in the book to show how much they hate you, even though you know you have done nothing wrong.

That's what it feels like to be gay, in a world where hate is rampant.

3. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't help me to understand because I can't imagine being a man, even though I was a tomboy growing up.  Never was a 'girly girl', but that doesn't mean I can understand being gay.

4. the pink umbrella profile image73
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

heres the thing, i am completely straight...love those men, yes i do! But lets be honest here, i have, yes been turned on by attractive women, which is why i could never, ever see someone putting someone else down for their sexuality. Its not weird or perverted, and no, the next step is not your neighbor marrying his cat.  Consenting adults should have the right to bang, marry, whomever they choose. Let freedom be what it truely is...freedom.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Straight or not, I take people how I find em!

If I changed sex from being a straight male, I would choose being with another woman, so I guess that would make me gay. Cool! smile

Your inner girl and my inner girl should get together and go to lunch, followed by shoe shopping....and staring at boys.

Just Kidding! LOL!!

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile pretty right though! I def have an inner girl. smile

1. mega1 profile image79
          mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have an inner tomcat!  lol

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

You forgot about those greedy buggers who like to bat for both sides!

Lol! You're right!

I guess they would have to take the test twice! Either way, they come out on top....unless of course they are a bottom!  LOL!

4. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

I love all mankind, hairy, cross-eyed, little, big, male, female,straight, gay, bi, undecided,...... that's just me, treat other people the way I want to be treated I say.
    P.s Did I mention especially the male variety? Well love the women too just in a different way.

Your attitude to life is wonderful BP and the reason you have so many admirers on hubpages. I find being publicly open and friendly very endearing. smile

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Earnest one of the reasons you are so precious to me too.

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b426/DevineKat/SAYINGS/rose.gif

Thank you BP.
          A single long stemmed red rose for me?

Beautiful! smile

Yes for you dear Earnest. xo

2. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How did you know I was crosseyed and hairy.  No one was supposed to tell!  Dang it! smile

I peeked through your keyhole Logic I swear I did.

1. profile image60
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although, I really like it when you do that, you should have just come in!

5. ddsurfsca profile image68
    ddsurfscaposted 13 years ago

What I do not understand is why people always have to be right, and their way is the only way.  Why can't people just say to themselves, I am this and will always be this, and they are who they are and I will have to accept them as such.
    People for the most part cannot change who they are and how they feel.  Making how someone feels wrong, is wrong in itself.  Let me repeat that....
    MAKING HOW SOMEONE FEELS WRONG, IS WRONG IN ITSELF....
    What if some president in the future made it illegal to love the opposite sex, what would we do?  We are expecting the same thing from gay people...
    think about it.

6. Mom Kat profile image76
    Mom Katposted 13 years ago

People are people - I don't care who or what you love, as long as you are a good person with a good heart.
    Creeps come in all sizes, colors, genders, and sexual prefferences - just because you are "straight" or "proud to be gay" doesn't automatically make you a nice person or a "bad" person.

I take each individual for who they are, simple as that.  If you're nice - I like ya.

If you're an anoying person - I'll be irritated by you.

If you are funny - I will most likely laugh with you.

I don't understand why everyone is so uptight and deffensive over this subject.  It is nobody's business other than each individuals & thier partner.

Well stated. smile

2. the pink umbrella profile image73
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you know what i love? how when someone doesnt agree with someone else on one subject, all of a sudden they feel they have nothing in common. Come on, like we all dont love a huge slice of chocolate cake, or the smell of fresh cut grass. so your gay, so what, why do we have to focus on where we differ instead of where we mirror?

7. ddsurfsca profile image68
    ddsurfscaposted 13 years ago

an afterthought---if all those religious people are so worried that being gay is a sin, why not let God deal with those sinners themselves, and why do they feel so strongly that they are the ones that should right that wrong?  Who is responsible for letting them know about their sins, the gays?  Everyone needs to look inside to their own hearts and clean up their own lives and leave the neighbors alone.  Judge not lest you yourself be judge, or, in today's language---Mind your own business.

1. mega1 profile image79

that's exactly what I want to say to the religious who use it to dictate to others what they may or may not do.  Let their god decide - but no, they really feel they have to not only have an opinion about what people are "chosen" but they must ACT upon it - and that gets dangerous.  It seems to me that this civil rights issue will be changed and overcome just like racial issues were re-legislated and somewhat overcome - but I suppose their will always be those who will abide by the law, but not really believe in it - racists, bigots, homophobes will not go away just because we know that these behaviors are taught - and the teaching will still go on - just greatly diminished.  I do have some hope that in future their voices will not get the media attention they get now.

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...just want to add...not all those who have religious beliefs or who are followers are extreme in their beliefs....just some....and those are the ones we tend to 'hear'.

1. mega1 profile image79

so true!  like all vocal extremists - on every side of every issue - pushy and out of control and a blight on humanity.  We will get them all fixed, pronto!  smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...could run into some problems...

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/DragonDragon91/Funny%20Quotes/52.gif

9. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I always paste this story on threads like this because it's pretty relevant, imo.  Brimancandy, you might get some use out of it in your struggles. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Origin-of-F … irty-Boobs

If you do enjoy it, make sure to check out the Gay Proposal link at the bottom too.

10. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Think I understand the reasoning...

man changes to a woman (but still looks like a man?

woman changes to a man (but still looks like a woman?

So....

The partner/s they hook up with, were also opposites?

I mean, I can understand the man/woman switch leaving the man/woman willing to be screwed by a man, but is the man screwing him/her actually a woman/man, and if not where do the man/man partners originate from, if they were not women to start with?

Am I being too convoluted, or am I just confused?

Basically, do what you want, as long as it harms nobody.

That's a pagan statement, and basically it's saying 'my will not your will' and most folk agree with it.

The religious side would argue that the statement should read, as Christ stated; 'nevertheless (despite what I want to do) your will (Gods) not mine'

Your choice, but please 'straighten me out' about my obvious confusion to your test.

John

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

His "test" is not that complicated.

As a human possessed of a mind that works, you can either empathisize with the idea that some people are born with "programming" that doesn't match yours or you can't.

If you can't even imagine how it is possible for someone to be wired differently than you are, and therefore just write off anyone who makes a "choice" that doesn't match the "choice" you made--because you "chose" to think tits look good... you sat there one day and said, "You know, I have all these sexual options avaialable to me; I could like guys because they have weiners and hair all over, or then there is chicks with curves and soft and stuff, or then I can go for horses, goats or ostriches... hmmm, and, since I have no biological imperative working, I'll just 'decide' and, well, hmmm, I guess I'll go with boobs and ass," and then, after that choice YOU made, you can then judge everyone else for having selected other options.... ..... .....

Really, is it like that?  You really could have gone any way at all? There's NO biology at work.  You just chose boobs and curvy ass?  Do you really actually think that everyone is born exactly the same?  That we all start out exactly the same and then, for some random reason, some people just "choose" to go with a "behavior" that will get them ridiculed and persecuted and reduced to sub-human status?

Who the hell makes that decision?

1. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shades, all I'm applying is simple logic to his argument, I'm not looking to ridicule and persecuted and reduced to sub-human status, and besides, it seems to me that this would be a gross exaggeration.

Most of the homosexuals I have known (and I've worked in the film business, fashion and design, so it's a lot) have been highly gifted individuals who have made a good life for themselves and are generally well balanced folk with great taste and cultural aspects, plus they are great fun to be with, so please don't mistake me for a homophobic southern Baptist.

But the summation (as far as I can tell) is that by some genetic mistake (and that is derogatory to start with, that IS relegating homosexuals to a lower defective status) these homo guys are actually carrying girls sexuality, and these lesbo girls are carrying guys sexuality, so obviously they need to reciprocate their feelings with partners who happen to be the same sex as them, but presumably do NOT have a crossed gender 'problem', or surely they would be looking for their 'other half' in a reversed sexual orientation.

Are we understanding this so far?

So my question is.... if the accidentally genetically cross gendered homosexual or lesbian aspect is the reason why those folk are not attracted to the opposite sex (though in this argument they try to reason that they are attracted to the opposite sex, they are just accidentally cross gendered).... then why are those opposite (same) sex partners attracted to them, as to all intents and purposes they (being not accidentally cross gendered) would see a same sex person (male or female) before them.

Now in the case of guys, I guess a warm body is pretty much all many guys seek to penetrate, and as lust is just another form of abuse, where domination and control is more significant than a loving caring relationship, it matters little whether the 'other' person is male or female, as long as it is a warm body, it should suffice.

Certainly in prison situations heterosexual men have no qualms about using 'other' men as warm bodies, and would kill you for suggesting they were homosexual, they are simply sexual predators, who have no access to women.

Now to my sexuality.

First, you were not around when I was being sexually defined, and frankly I could have gone either way, and did consider the options, especially as my best mate was REALLY my best mate and soul partner, or at least I thought that at 14-16 years of age.

Girls were a subject unknown to me, with the exception that my 'mates' all used to frequent 'Nina' an easy 13 year old who would screw anyone, and was frequently screwed by many boys each night, and all for a pack of fags (sorry, cigarettes).

I found that whole aspect of my sexual education repulsive, still do, I hate the sort of 'dogs on a bitch' sort of immorality, but hey, those guys probably were born with a genetic defect that meant they needed to abuse women..... or are genetic variations only limited to homosexuality?

Come to that, my family seem to have a genetic disposition to killing folk, my father and grandfather did a whole lot of that in the last two world wars, and I seemed to have that proclivity when I was a young tearaway, but fortunately I realised that it was frowned on by the law and some members of society, so I curbed the desire to kill anyone who I disliked, and (despite my genetic proclivity to it) I have managed not to kill anyone, so there is hope for genetically ill defined folk to escape their genetic situation.

If they wanted to.

Most of my homosexual friends make no claim to be 'born that way' - they simply are happier mixing with same sex partners and have chosen to reject traditional (note I avoided using the word 'normal') opposite sex relationships, except with girls who like to hang out with homosexuals as they are non threatening and great fun.

At one point in my life, 25 years ago, after a really bad experience with my long term female partner, I really did decide to try homosexuality, and hung out with some really hunky guys and was open to trying out the 'life', but maybe it was my inherent heterosexuality, or maybe they just did not fancy me? - but anyhow, nobody tried to partner me.... maybe they were alpha male homosexuals and realised that my inclination would have been to penetrate, rather than be penetrated, who knows, but the concept only took a short time to get discarded in favour of female company.

So let's just assume that it matters not one jot to me what someone's sexual behaviour is, excepting where it could affect me, and I have been affected by losing homosexual friends to AIDS and (when the AIDS 'epidemic' first surfaced) having to ask my homosexual cooks (we were location catering at the time) to tone down their 'behaviour' after the ignorance concerning AIDS made film crews (and the sparks and gaffers tend to be hetero's) wary that they may catch AIDS from our homosexual chefs handling the food.

All nonsense of course, but when your chef develops open sores and insists on talking loudly about how he was 'fisted' the night before, some folk seem to take offence.

Anyhow, I will not pursue the issue, and obviously nobody can explain the way that the theorem makes sense, so let's forget it.

All I can say about your post, is that it was very deep. Thanks for responding. It was very interesting, in a somewhat twisted way.

I was actually the opposite in many ways. I started out as a teenager dating girls, even thinking about having sex with them, and went as far as "Petting" with several. I didn't get interested in other guys until my mid teens. And, I had no idea that it meant I might be a homosexual, until a shrink told me I probably was. (But he wasn't sure...neither was I!!!)

As the years went on, I found myself more and more attracted to men.
          I had a couple years where I got tired of it, and tried dating women again, and actually had a girlfriend in my 20's. But, I found out the only reason she was dating me, was because she was BI, which took me right back into the gay bars and clubs in Lansing, Michigan. Which were full of beautiful college boys.

To make a long story short, I had the idea in my head that I might be BI, but after having several oppertunities to have sex with women, I just wasn't interested, and went back to happily dating men.

In relation to that, I was recently within arms reach of a totally naked beautiful woman, and, I thought, She is very pretty, and, I would probably want to have sex with her if I were straight. But, then I saw that part of her that straight men enjoy, the only thing that crossed my mind was a joke.

Don't get offended ladies, but, I thought, if I had some quarters, they would fit in there just like a slot machine. Pull her arm, and she lights up and sings "you're in the money." Like I'd hit the jackpot. But, knowing my luck, she would probably just make that dying Pac Man sound, and kick me in the nuts!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist! LOL!!!!

2. brimancandy profile image78

obviously I wasn't clear enough in the test. (But the mistake is mine)

Your body may have been altered slighty from male to female, or female to male, But you still have the same brain, and everything that you have learned, people you know, your family everthing in your life is the same, the only thing that has changed is your sex.

All of your senses are the same. The question is, how are you going to act in the shoes of a sex other than your own. Are you going to do what is expected of you by your peers? Or, are you going to be confused, yet do what you feel inside when it comes to falling in love.

Perhaps you are already in love with someone. Are you still going to love them as much, even though you are now either the same sex as them, or gay turned straight by the sexual change? And how are you going feel if someone tells you that you can or can't love that person, and try to pass a goverment law to forbid you from seeing that person. What are you going to do?

The sad thing is, there are people currently out there trying to pass laws to prohibit people of a certain sexual orientation from being together. We are talking back to the days of putting people in prison, denying couples rights to adopt, and on and on. These people could care less about anything other than their own agenda.

It's sad enough to hear this crap as a human being. It is even sadder to be one of the people that this new bunch of idiots is setting out to search and destroy. I just thought putting the shoe on the other foot, might add some insight to what we as Gays and Lesbians have to put up with.

Sorry, I wasn't more clear.

11. profile image0
    TransScribblerposted 13 years ago

Hi Brimancandy. Great post!
    Just thought I would throw transgenderism into the mix, as I was born female in a male body and am in the middle of treatment to make the outside match the inside.
    One friend who is very supportive of me is also very Christian, so we cannot say that all religious people are GLBTI-phobic.
    Gay, lesbian, bi, trans, intersex, straight, religious, atheist, we all have the right to be happy.
    TS

12. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I have had friends whom I love dearly that are gay. We talk about everything under the sun, however we do not see eye to eye on this subject.

I believe it is a choice. That is my opinion and I have a right to it just as you have a right to chose the partner you want in life!

It doesn't matter what I think, or anyone else for that matter. What really makes a difference is how you feel about yourself! If it makes you happy and you feel no shame or wrong in it...then it is your business!!

I love everyone! It doesnt mean I always agree with what they do or their decisions in life...but still I love everyone!

I am not going to go on and on about what the Bible says about this or that! I'm sure that has been done many times in here and doesnt go over very well!

As long as you are not harming anyone or forcing your lifestyle on anyone else...then what is it harming me? We all stand before God for right or wrong decisions in life. I believe it is well known that "he who is without sin should cast the first stone"!

Love and peace! That is what we should all be pushing!

13. Azar Mendoza profile image56
    Azar Mendozaposted 7 years ago

So, if sexual orientation is a “choice” as those oppose claim, then it follows that heterosexuality is a choice too. Why should one "choice" be favored over another? Incidentally, a person's religion is certainly a choice, yet we firmly protect that as a person's right.
    Then Homosexuality is just a behavior! Behaviors don't have associated rights. Well, like "Homosexuality is a choice”. And again, although religion is just a behavior, these people would be quick to defend their religious freedom and rights. Moreover, if homosexuality is "just" a behavior, then it follows that heterosexuality is "just" a behavior as well. So, would heterosexuals say that they're only heterosexual during the act of copulation or lust, and that throughout the whole remainder of their postpubescent lives, they're asexual? If not, then why would they make such a claim about homosexuals? Like it or not, human sexuality is as much an integral part of who we are as our personalities, our intelligence and our beliefs.
    Well, Homosexuality is just unnatural. Sorry but that which occurs in nature is, by definition, natural. (Research shows that homosexual orientation exists in countless species other than human beings.) It can also be said that "if everyone were male, mankind would die out," but you don't see many people trying to argue that being male is unnatural. It's also a fact that not everyone is gay, so conjecture about what could or would happen if everyone were gay is both silly and pointless. This argument also makes the flawed assumption that homosexuality exists solely to facilitate sexual reproduction.
    Well gays are promiscuous and spread diseases, Surely if promiscuity and diseases were concerns, providing the structure of heterosexuality would tend to discourage that behavior. Also, it is not homosexuality that causes the spread of disease, but promiscuity of any sexual orientation. The fact of a person being homosexual does not in itself cause anyone to contract any disease or disorder. Promiscuous heterosexuals are just as prone to contracting sexually-transmitted diseases; in addition, they're far more likely to cause unwanted pregnancies (and by implication, more abortions!).
    Well the bible says, therefore God hates fags.  The Bible is not the law of the land. Period. The bible says a lot of things. The bible condemns everything from eating shellfish to wearing clothing of blended fibers to touching a woman during her menstrual period to allowing women to speak at church.  If God hates fags, then how can any one person defy such a greatness of mind, thus “God Almighty.’ That’s impossible, the height of arrogance is the height of control, of those who create God in their own image. If the bible was the word of God, then why contradict itself. In other words, the bible does not agree with itself and most of what is says. There are many perspectives written which do not agree with another. In fact, the problem with the bible is, whomever wrote it were not concerned with the details but focused more upon its message. Perhaps, Propaganda was not a government creation, it was the church’s. Just like those people preaching against homosexuality from the Bible just take a verse or two out of context, cherry picking what they need to justify their prejudices, while ignoring other "condemned" things entirely is a contradiction. One thing is certain the Bible is a book, has various versions, old testament, the new testament, man has regulated various renditions and updated texts, so does this make the argument that man is now God?
    Fear is what drives these antics, they are afraid that they won’t fit in this brave new world of equality But of course fear is irrational, because the world will not look any different. One thing is certain, these people who are homophobic live in a world that keeps us divided, wedged by the indifference of politics, laws, and faith (apart from religion), religion should not be in the conversation. The First Amendment to the US Constitution, regardless of whether you like it, forbids entanglement of religion with the state. That is why it admonishes that Congress cannot make laws respecting the establishment of religion [emph. added]. Laws must have a secular purpose. Laws may not cause excessive entanglement with religion. Clearly limiting marriage to heterosexuals for the sake of something the Bible says would breach the limitations laid out in the First Amendment. Incidentally, the Fourteenth Amendment explicitly applies the limitations set forth in the Constitution to the states. Stop using religion as an excuse to elude bigotry, it is insult to you and own your homophobia. Our society is homophobic, it is marinated in homophobia, infused with homophobia and when your 38 years and you have been absorbing all those little things you just get tired of it. I am fed up with those snipering remarks that usually get me into fights, I am tired. You get fed up listening to people or peers describe you as intrinsically disordered people who don’t even know you even from their own with blind faith, you get fed with being called a fag, you get fed up with the rhetoric and you get fed up with people wasting their time and energy to campaign against you being treated like every other citizen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)