The Bible - Inerrant, Infallible, Inspired Word of God

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (177 posts)
  1. Pratonix profile image71
    Pratonixposted 13 years ago

Just wanted to know if there are any Christians here on HubPages. I mean those who believe 100% in the Bible (the canon of 66 books), and that it is the inerrant, infallible, inspired Word of God.

Only those who are born again of the Spirit of God will be able to say this: 'I believe and live by the Word of God.' Matt 4:4, Luke 4:4

Blessings, in Christ,

Pratonix

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do.  There are many people on here who try to tell us we are foolish.  They can think what they want to.  I know in my heart that Jesus was crucified for  our sins.  Then he rose again as the first fruits of God.  I can't say that 100% of the time I live by his word.  I can say that I try.  I'm not perfect, but none of us are.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know that Jesus was the Messiah that was foretold in the OT.
        And he fulfilled all the things that he was said to accomplish including dieing on the cross for mankind. And rising again.

1. mythbuster profile image72
          mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is there a possibility that these texts are meant to carry a set of long-term lessons - rather than be perceived literally?

I mean - I gain a lot of insight into certain human issues by reading Scriptures. I can honour that a number of cultures before my time had certain beliefs - however - when these "out-of-our-time" beliefs are pressed upon the modern world, there seem to be problems galore, fighting and mayhem between people and cultures today...

did that make any sense? lol

There has been fighting since the beginning of time.  That seems to be human nature.  The OT is full of wars.
            Jesus preached love and forgiveness.  If we would all treat others the way we want to be treated, the world would be a much better place.

Pratonixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus Christ is much more than you imagine. We talk about the Golden Rule, but man, because of sin, is utterly depraved. And there is no hope for him, unless God in His infinite mercy opens his eyes.

We cannot know the truth except by divine revelation. John 9 is a clear example.

I am sure none of us understands all about Jesus.  Read my hub, it is a true experience.  A person doesn't have to be a believer to live by the Golden Rule.  Being a non believer doesn't make some one a bad person.  They just haven't had the experiences that we have had so they don't understand things the way that we do. 
                If every one would treat others the way they want to be treated, yes, this world would be a much better place.

2. Jerami profile image58

As any civilization flourishes and expands many multitudes of new problems come to light that would not have occured had the success not been so extreme.

3. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't there fighting anyway. What are they all fighting about? Isn't there mayhem already and what is the mayhem about. I like my fighting and mayhem to be on the God side at least that way i know some good is being done smile Chances are the only fighting and mayhem that you are talking about are the ungodly trying desperately to prove they are godly enough and in the process getting all worked up and often times feeling like it is their sole responsibility in the world to pester christians. The only 'pressing' i can see the christian doing is purporting their belief on a hubpages and then fighting off all the wolves who come to dine on his/her flesh and maybe the odd pamphlet here and there, but really is christianity in the faces of the people so much that they feel threatened or harassed. I don't think so. The only time christianity becomes a problem to certain individuals is when they access their favorite christian forum and begin to name call, pick on, degrade, chide, and input silly ridiculous posts.

4. Pandoras Box profile image59
            Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think so. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't any wisdom in the Bible. There's also plenty of wisdom in other ancient -and not so ancient- religions. But yeah, I get what you're saying.

Some of it's good, and alot of it shouldn't be taken literally in today's world, despite how literally or not it was intended to be believed back when it was written. And alot of it is just bad, or false, or not worthy of respect and honor.

2. Pratonix profile image71

The main thing, Jerami, is whether you can say clearly and categorically that 'Christ lives in me!'  Romans 8:9b.

2. Liberate profile image57
        Liberateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Without A Question, You're Amazing. You Found The True love In Life, You'll Always Be Seen To Be Amazing, I Hope God Finds You And Cotinues To Bring You The Love You Deserve. Continue Your Faith, That's What God Begs You To Do.

If We Are Insane, it's worth it. Please don't let there words hurt you, we have a gift, that we have been blessed with

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, what about them missing books? hmm So much for the inspired word of a god. Cannot even complete a book properly. lol
      It's funny you pick two verses that are exactly the same. No wonder why Christians think they have everything covered. A little access and some research.... the two you quoted, one is copied from the other. lol lol Had you did your independent research instead of simply accepting, you might have found that out. lol lol

1. the pink umbrella profile image73
        the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ummm and why would god need a sacrafice, someone to die a horrible death to pay the price for other's sins? That sounds barbaric to me.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Yes my dear friend Pink. It most certainly would. Apparently, creditability is needed to be believable. lol lol

2. Liberate profile image57
          Liberateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because He Loves You. His Death For Our Love, That's The Price He Paid.

3. profile image0

what was barbaric was that other nations were sacrificing their children by throwing them into fire. God said, "nope, cook your food on a fire and eat a portion afterward". Not so barbaric now is it.
          As far as jesus is concerned. Since the pattern was atonement for sin by bloodshed and since animal blood was being used, it seemed fitting to god to show humans the totality of their experience with him. That after life there is physical death and after physical death there is afterlife or a resurrection. hope this helped.

1. ladyt11 profile image61
            ladyt11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

excellent!

4. Pandoras Box profile image59

Love thy neighbor even as god loves you. If your neighbor offends thee, or trespasses against thee, kill some other, random person who was innocent in the matter, and then forgive your neighbor, for once you have taken a sacrifice, you and your neighbor shall be reconciled to one another. Demand justice, tit for tat, an eye for an eye, demand a ransom, a price to be paid, and then once you have meted out a suitably vindictive punishment on a handy-dandy scapegoat, then you might forgive and love thy neighbor again.

What kind of love is this, that demands tit for tat? What 'forgiveness' is this that must be bought and paid for? What mercy, compassion and understanding requires vengeance? What kind of superior and supposedly supreme being is it which demands our worship and devotion, and yet is inferior to ourselves in every meaningful way?

1. profile image50
            Anicholposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello Pandora
            I would like to bring your attention to the realities of life as we know it.
            If there is a god or not who knows? fact is man is the one responsible for where we find ourselves today so brow beating some christian lunatic makes no differences.
            Until society as a whole takes responsabilty for the woes we find ourselves in then nothing will change.

1. Pandoras Box profile image59

I am glad to hear that you don't buy into religious silliness and waste your time attempting to worship a psychotic god and his scapegoat son. The more people such as yourself who realize that indeed there is not a magic sky-daddy who's in charge, and that we are each responsible for own actions -for better or for worse- and collectively we are responsible for the state of the world around us- or in other words, people who realize -like yourself- that christianity and other such religions are pure bunk, the much much better the world will be.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Yes. We are all responsible. Which is why I will continue to put the ridiculous in its place. Mankind worshipping a fictitious, vindictive and ego-manaical god whose capacity for love, mercy and compassion is far inferior to our own is ridiculous.

Thanks for your concern, I'm sure, but I still think people need to be reminded of that. And the 'lunatic kind' as you put it are the most fun to 'browbeat'.

2. Pandoras Box profile image59

Besides which, I don't know what you're talking about. I wasn't browbeating anybody, merely agreeing (vehemently) with pink umbrella's insightful and concise assessment.

I point this out clearly to avoid needlessly offending anyone. By 'christian lunatic' I am certain that neither myself nor Anichol was referring to pink umbrella.

2. profile image0
    3. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah - You have started yet another thread with the express intention of telling other people what they should be doing. Interesting.

Odd that you cannot grasp that this will cause ill will, hatred and conflict. I presume you are just too lazy to read the bible - because it tells you quite clearly in there that this is not living by the word of god. I meet a lot of Christians like you - the "Do as I say, not as I do," variety that the bible warns against.  lol

May you be Touched By His Noodly Appendage.

RAmen

4. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You wouldn't want to hear from a born again that studied extensively and decided the whole experience is delusional then would you? smile

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Small minded way of spreading Christian hate.

Sickening at best.mad

2. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the canon of 66 books)- This is the Holy Number for Islam.

3. ladyt11 profile image61

@pratonix the bible is certainly real! The bible is accountable and reliable. scientists and archeologist are finding proof of the bible: Daniel, archeologist have found clay tablets with not only his name but the names of his secrataries and sisters! Tablets and inscriptions of Mary and Joseph reporting in jeruselem for tax time. Also evidence of sodom and gommarah.Also Joshua and even King David! The bible was written by a select group of people inspired by the word of God who were not contemporary but liveda at different times dating  over a period of 1500 years. These people had different occupations, kings, shephards, fishermen, tax collectors, doctors, lawyers,etc. They wrote about everything from creation, life death, heaven, hell, satan, god. Also blessings, prosperity, the gifts etc. everything we need to know! Taking this into consideration with the fact that there are no contradictions in the bible. There is a unity from genesis to revelation. The bible confirms itself over and over, meaning you will always find a scripture to back up another scripture because God confirms his word. It is prophetic in nature, everything that was prophesied is coming to pass, even in this age! Other things found have been the chariots and wheels of Pharoah who oppressed Moses and the israelites. There were over 500 people that saw jesus after he was crucified, apostles and the general population of that day! If you research scientists and archeological biblical finds you can see further findings.  The Bible is the oldest book, has stood the test of time, most purchased book and transferred into hundreds of languages. Theres so much more but not enough space. God bless you everybody!

1. profile image0

id like to add this as well:

You are here: God >> Bible Facts
          Bible Facts – The Books of the Bible
          The Old Testament has 17 Historical, 5 Poetical, and 17 Prophetic books in it.
              * The 17 Historical Books are: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther.
              * The 5 Poetical Books are: Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon,
              * The 17 Prophetic Books are: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.

The New Testament has 4 Gospels, Acts, 21 Epistles, and Revelation in it.
              * The 4 Gospels are: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John,
              * The 21 Epistles are: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, and Jude.

Bible Facts – Miscellaneous Facts
          The Bible contains 1189 chapters.
          The Old Testament has 929 chapters and the New Testament has 260 chapters.
          The longest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 119, and the shortest is Psalm 117.
          The longest verse is Esther 8:9, and the shortest is John 11:35.

The Bible was written:
              * over a 1500 year span (from 1400 B.C to A.D. 100)
              * over 40 generations
              * over 40 authors from many walks of life (kings, peasants, philosophers, fishermen, poets, statesmen, scholars)
              * in different places (wilderness, dungeon, palaces)
              * at different times (war, peace)
              * in different moods (heights of joy, depths of despair)
              * on three continents (Asia, Africa, and Europe)
              * in three languages (Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek)

and one spirit all to bind them. The more ya read, well, hmmm, except for some people i guess, the more the book speaks of authenticity. Sadly, not all people study well and then they get mean and bitter and then they try to sabotage others peoples beliefs to match their own, sad actually.

1. earnestshub profile image81

Writing in red should scare em off! lol lol lol

2. ladyt11 profile image61

@ brotheryochanan, what really puzzles me too is that people talk so authoratatively that the bible is a fake when there is so much proof that it isn't. The ones that try to sabotage it have no proof that it dosen't exist, just nasty comments. To say that nothing exists is like a double negative, if nothing exists and god is not real than why are we here, why does the earth exist, etc. you just came right back to god so you crossed out your own statement. I really like what you say about one spirit to bind them all!   another thing, why are they mad? thanks again brotheryochanan!

Not one single solitary piece of evidence for the invisible fairy.
              Not ever. No prayers answered, no miracles done. Nix, narda.
              smile

1. profile image0

you don't think that consistency over 1500 yrs from 3 different continents and by 40 different writers doesn't account for proof?
                There is a thing called 'biblical blindness' and the god of this world, yahweh, does this to people who are over the edge. Beware, lest one day a person hand you a sop  lol

2. profile image0
                Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Err, your spelling is about as good as your replies, dear Earnest.
                However, I would like to see imperial evidence --since you know Torah so well-- that is beyond your "har-har-I'm an ex-religionista now Jung"- that supports this claim. Do you have any idea that you have traded one ba`al for another, yet swear by the latter?

Although I am with you that this book called bible is fallible, you neglect the evidence beyond the book. Any rational human explores all options from all perspectives before making irrational claims to support their own dysfunctional past life "woopsy's"...

For example: "Try me on this. That I will not pour out a blessing so grand, not you nor your offspring can contain it."

My spelling is just fine as you know 21.

I make typos like others do, but not often.

Weak kneed response as usual! smile
                  How many months have you been waiting for a typo? lol

2. earnestshub profile image81

What a petty tiny minded outlook you offer to this conversation! smile
                  I corrected my mistake in believing in your no show invisible fairy, and the Torah is a pile! smile

3. earnestshub profile image81

Very amusing! What exactly is imperial evidence? lol
                  Take a look at your dictionary again. I think you meant to say empirical. lol An education would help! lol

1. profile image0
                    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, my friend, imperial was the word of choice not empirical.
                    And you again avoid a true/factual answer nor provide a shred of evidence to support it, outside of the "groupie" Ism.
                    That seems to be the only infallible proof. smile

3. aguasilver profile image69
                aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Balderdash Earnest, there have been many miracles, plenty of prayers answered, every day, you just cannot see them because of your blindness to God.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
                  Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would suspect that if there were so many miracles occurring and so many prayers answered every day, you could easily provide us with a list. And, could you also please tell us who was the authority on labeling them as such?  smile

4. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe the Bible and am a saved believer.

5. puebloman profile image61
        pueblomanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is noone so puffed up with pride as a christian in full sail

6. profile image53
        freelance12posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Bible is not just a good book to read, but divine inspiration gave men the ability to pen the words that stirred up and awakened the dormant soul back to life again.  Why is this book still the best seller?  Because the truth does not change and is the same throughout generations, leaving a legacy for those who believe with the proclamation that 'this truth is self-evident.'  Truth does not need to be proven if it is truth...  It proves itself!

Yes truth does prove itself.
          Religion has never proved anything other than some humans will write crap to gain control over other humans and tell them what they must do.

Then other indoctrinated humans will do the same.

The truth is self evident, and the bible is anything but self evident.
          Self contradictory, ridiculous, hate filled, psychotic, but never self evident proof. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70

The only reason for it still on the best seller list is because the righteous leaders want to make sure that the ignorant followers continue to do as they are told to do. No other reason.

lol lol lol

1. pisean282311 profile image62
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lollollol

7. Lady LaShonda profile image74
        Lady LaShondaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a very interesting topic. For starters, I'd like to say, I am an apostle of the Lord's church and have an intimate relationship with God the Father, and love my big brother Jesus Christ who sits at his right hand. I am proud of my relationship with God and love him so much. I stand for his righteousness and truth in all things.

With this truth, recently, the discussion of the cannonized bible has been in the hearts of many of my collegues in the Gospel. We all believe, God wouldn't have us lacking this kind of knowledge. God said it in his word, that his people will perish because of that same lacking. Therefore, I will attempt to educate on this very subject.

I am coming as an instructor our faith beginning from the formation of our 66 books. We must find out exactly what defines or who defined our bible as we know it.

1- The Torah was out way befor our time as Christians. It is true that it is our Old Testament under the old covanent. However, through out the entire Torah, there have been prophecies concerning the coming of our Lord and Savior, the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Why didn't the Jews believe that Jesus Christ was in deed the messiah? To be strictly honest, quite a few did believe. They stop believing when Jesus Christ was crucified and had not brought forth a natural kingdom physically to earth as they expected. Naturally, they ruled out Jesus as their messiah although he fulfilled every prophecy concerning his first coming. He still has to fulfill his second coming, which I anxiously anticipate. Therefore, the New Testament was never included.

2- The New Testament represents a New Covanent which is in Christ Jesus. I could go further into this but thats for another hub or topic. I will say, Jesus came into this world not to condemn it, but through him, salvation. He has fulfilled the Law of Moses. He was the sacrifical lamb so we no longer have to slaughter animals, and be killed for sins we have committed.

So we see here, that our Bible is comprised of two parts, Old and New Testament....

Now back to the cannonization of scripture.

The word "canon" is derived from the Greek noun κανών "kanon" meaning "reed" or "cane," or also "rule" or "measure," which itself is derived from the Hebrew word קנה "kaneh" and is often used as a standard of measurement. If we use the Greek word for Canon, the bible is a governing book, that rules our faith as we believe it.

There are several conons of biblical scripture. I will list them and you all can study them for yourselves..

Jewish canon
        Samaritan canon
        Marcion's Canon
        Luther's canon

Full dogmatic articulations of the canons were not made until the Council of Trent of 1546 for Roman Catholicism,[30] the Thirty-Nine Articles of 1563 for the Church of England, the Westminster Confession of Faith of 1647 for British Calvinism, and the Synod of Jerusalem of 1672 for the Greek Orthodox. It was here that the the bible was complete.

My dispute is, there were just so many books that were excluded, that really could have helped us out alot in our Christian walk. There were at least 49 Old Testament books altogether. I believe that if we had the full story, many people wouldn't be so swift to claim contradictions of our bible.

Example..
        If you have the front page of the newspaper dated 4 years ago, and the middle section of the same article 2 years ago, and the last page dated today, you don't have the full story. What you have are bits and pieces of it. You would have to get all three of those newspapers and read every piece if the article before declaring it unfinished, contradictory, or finished.

This is what the these men did in this council and called it law. Not to mention, they mixed up and took out books trying to keep in choronicalogical order. Some of the books really had essential pertinent revelations we all should have been able to experience. Other books were excluded just because it didn't meet the the approval of these founding fathers of the faith. Some believed that a percentage of the missing books were just too apocolyptic to disclose.

I say, who were they to do this to our bible? They were not God to exclude anything that God inspired these men and women to write. And yes, our bible is the actual word of the Lord, that shoudn't have been tampered with by mankind.

But these are just some things to think about  and study...

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did Jesus say that Torah was under a Covenant which has become useless or obsolete and hence he is cancelling it and he is introducing a New Covenant.

Please elaborate it for our benefit.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

Jesus says whatever you want him to say, the guy is hardly gonna contradict you, if he ever lived he has been dead for 2,000 years!
            smile

8. Troy C. profile image60
        Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes the Bible is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth

So help you god! lol lol lol

All my very  best wishes to ya Earnest

So help me God.

smile Hi Jerami! smile

Hi Earnest....

I'm Mostly sittin back and watching tonight, 
                When I'm not naping.   Speaking of,, I Think I'm going to bed 

See ya later.

Well, when you decide to go have a great nights rest. smile

5. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 13 years ago

You might want to try peddling those goods down by the river.

Thank you. I presume you know more about peddling than I do.

But I appreciate your remark about 'down by the river'. It is very Biblical. 'There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God.' Psalm 46:4.

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
          Teresa McGurkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate your remark about a river. It is very Shakespearean.

Rain added to a river that is rank
          Perforce will force it overflow the bank.
          Venus and Adonis, 91-2.

2. pylos26 profile image70
          pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not the peddling i'm concerned about...its the goods. Thats a real good start...missing the point entirely.

Whatever you may say, be honest and sincere in seeking the truth. The truth is a Person. He is the Lord Jesus Christ. He has 'the goods' or whatever you are seeking.

So long as you remain in yourself, you remain in the 'old Adam', and Adam is doomed to perish utterly. This old creation is finished. Your only escape is to seek refuge in Christ. That means you must ask God to open your eyes and reveal Himself to you. God hears the cry of the humble.

May God break you and bless you. That is the only way to come to Christ.

1. pylos26 profile image70
              pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I can see where this is going…I shouldn’t expect anything more than additional gibberish and non-sense from one who engages life blindfolded.

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image59
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for saying that! There is so much discrimination in the religious field with all their judgments! And ignorance towards true spiritual knowledge.

sad Sad! When one knows . . . Love is heart centered. smile

6. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

No, the bible is rumour, conjecture, retold stories going back to the sun god and lies told by a few sexist stupid old goat herders in Afghanistan. smile

1. C.V.Rajan profile image59
        C.V.Rajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know pretty well your longstanding stand on this subject! I am not a Christian. But after 20 years from now, I am reasonably sure that you will eat back most of your words; at that time I believe you would have seen enough of life and acquired a conducive mindset to read, appreciate and also grasp the essence of bible.

You obviously don't know much about me, and your conclusions are quite wrong. smile

as of today!

Learnt more yet CV?

2. pisean282311 profile image62

how do u know earnest has not seen enough of life?...

From his young looks in the photo!

2. profile image0

the only word that i liked lol

3. Pandoras Box profile image59

Well put!

7. Pratonix profile image71

'live by the Word of God.' Matt 4:4, Luke 4:4

It so happens that those are the two verses that confirm that statement that 'man shall live by every word of God'.

They are based on Deut 8:3, where the Israelites who spent 40 years in the wilderness were told by Moses: 'God humbled you..and fed you with manna...that He might make you know that man does not live by bread only, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'

It's a pity that people are too lazy to read the Bible and find out the truth. Or perhaps, they are afraid to know the truth. Because the truth would condemn them. And they do not want to repent of their sinful lifestyle which leads them all the way to hell (Gehenna, the lake of fire).

Very little can be done with a hardened heart, or as Heb 3:13 says a heart that is 'hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.'

Try again. lol lol

Why don't YOU try walking in doctrine and then get back to me on it. lol lol

Just for the record, you don't  'walk' in doctrine. You walk in the light of the Lord, in the light of His word and His Spirit. Isaiah 2:5. You walk in the Spirit, or according to the Spirit, Gal 5:16.  And there are many other references to 'walk' in the Bible.

But you don't 'walk in doctrine'.

I can see you know nothing about your religion. How nice for you? hmm

Walking in doctrine? - Selfless, Oppress desires and belief in god is what is meant.

If you're going to battle a witless person, shouldn't you realize that the person is witless before you attempt to battle with them?

Not too bright. Try living in the words you claim to read, and YES I said 'claim' to read. You quote scripture, as though it has some sort of meaning, when you cannot grasp the damn thing yourself. Therefore, since I recognize witlessness within you, I refuse to try to get you to understand that you actually know nothing about the book you supposedly read.

I just thought I should tell you that you don't 'oppress desires'. Unless, of course, in your language, 'oppress' means 'suppress'.

I don't know what you mean by battling a 'witless person'. Why would you want to battle with witless persons? Unless you lack wit.

The Bible tells us to answer a fool according to his folly. You can try reading the Book of Proverbs. You might gain some wisdom, you know. At least, a modicum of it.

2. the pink umbrella profile image73
        the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

too lazy to read the bible? I read the bible every day, as i have stated many times, and im not seeing what you are seeing. Then again, i read with my eyes wide open, whilst you must be reading with your eyes wide shut...

8. Pratonix profile image71

Before I was born again, I read the Bible many times. I thought I understood it, but I didn't. Unless a person is born-again, i.e. born of the Holy Spirit, he cannot understand the Bible.

The Bible is a closed book to many, and opens up only through 'divine revelation'. God grants revelation to the humble. If we confess our sins, and our total depravity because of sin, God in His infinite mercy will heal us spiritually. Our eyes will be opened, and the Bible will become a living Book to us. Yes, the Bible will 'speak' to us.

There is no other book in the world to match the Bible. It is the Word of God. 100 per cent!

9. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Bible was written by anynymous writers; named after Matthew,Mark, John and Luke to add a little credulity to it;they never authored it. They were never inspired; had they been inspired, they would have not deserted Jesus  at the hour of need.

They were simply non-believers.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

ha ha ha..there u go..

10. Deaconess profile image61
      Deaconessposted 13 years ago

I wonder if, when it was said by various ppl at various times, that we should live by/in the Word of God... whether they were even referring to scripture. Keeping in mind that neither the Jewish nor the Christian bible were even canonized back then. If they meant scripture, I think they would have said scripture, or the torah (the law, or the law and the prophets), or the gospels.

Did they actually mean the Word of God... that brought us into being? Which is God's will, and breath (spirit) that is the light and sound (vibrating energy) of existence? And by living by/in the Word of God... it is meant that we are to be One with God?

11. TruthDebater profile image53
      TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

I think the bible is full of errors and contradictions. If God inspired the bible "men wrote", I don't think the God understands psychology very well.

lol

12. Pratonix profile image71

The whole problem as I see here is that people need revelation from God. It is impossible to know God except through the Lord Jesus Christ. Many Christians know ABOUT God. They follow the Christian religion. But in reality faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit; it comes through revelation. Man by his intellect cannot know God; but if God opens a man's eyes (the eyes of his heart) then for the first time he SEES. The scales drop from his eyes. And his testimony will be like the man born blind in John 9, who said, Once I was blind, but now I SEE.

And if you read that chapter (John 9) you will find that the man keeps seeing and seeing, seeing more and more. The path of a believer is like the rising sun which shines ever more brighter till it reaches noonday. Prov 4:18.

the whole problem as i see with humans is not being able to understand that  human race has been on earth much before religion came to being..religion has played very important part for civilization and one needs to appreciate that but at same time this only,exclusive,singular thing is manifestation of how humans thing and nothing more or less...

13. Pratonix profile image71

Unless a person is BORN AGAIN, he can know nothing, absolutely nothing, of God. God is spirit, and a man has to be born of the Spirit, in order to know God. John's Gospel makes that perfectly clear.

1. TruthDebater profile image53
        TruthDebaterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I see another, "you can't see God unless you believe my belief". There are many others faiths besides the bible that make the claims of seeing or knowing a God. How do you know for sure they weren't born again?

2. pisean282311 profile image62

@TruthDebater exactly...that is the whole point..like john's gospel or other gospels..hindu have vedas while muslim have quran which also states very clearly many things...

1. TruthDebater profile image53
          TruthDebaterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I think it's interesting that religion preaches against pride and ego, yet most all religionists have ego and pride to believe their religion is the only correct one. What do you think?

quiet right...

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61

I think God has many names and most of us are believing in the same God.
            We just call him by a different name.

Unfortunately, that same god has diametrically opposing messages he reveals to his followers.  Why would he do that?

The answer to your question- OT was false, a conscious human exposed, was killed for it to cover it up and then a different conscious human wrote the NT so as to hide the truth. Hence, the contradiction.

Just a thought. smile

Not only that, we need to take into account all the religions of the world and the messages from their gods. smile

If you truly want to do that....then figure "WHY?" the religion actually exists. wink

A difficult question to answer, however if you have a look at this video and fast forward to the portion between the 45 minute and 49 minute mark, it may shed  a wee bit of light on that question. smile

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 463399298#

2. profile image0

didn't make any sense. can you add maybe something called a detail i realize you are wrestling with a quota number of posts to achieve in an hour but can u spend some time with this post.

There is a scripture in the Bible that says it is not for private interpretation.
                How ever, we all do.  You go to different churches ya get different interpretations.  Churches seem to pick and choose which scripture they follow.  Different Christians will have different views.  What does it mean for you?  That is what matters for you.   For me, I will go with what I believe in my heart.

This goes well beyond the thousands of different sects of Christianity and involves all the religions of the world and the many sects within them.

Very often, it boils down to one persons belief in what is good is another persons beliefs in what is evil. When viewed in this light, neither belief can be taken seriously if we are to claim there is one god at the base of all religions.  smile

I can't speak for all the religions of the world.  I don't have the right to speak for any one but myself.  God does have many names.  I will not say that some one isn't praying to the same God that I am just because they use a different name for the one they are praying to.  All I am saying is that not every one, (maybe interpret is the wrong word), comprehends the same.

I am 'stilljustwonderin' if you're a Christian at all. It's obvious that you are not! No wonder, the Christian faith is mocked by those who are unbelievers. If we cannot say that Jesus is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth,the ONLY life...we better not call ourselves Christians!

I am often left speechless by the actions and understanding of some Christians. 
                        It is written in YOUR  bible

The OT was written by and for that Hebrew Nation that existed until around 135 AD.

It is written That, that Nation was as Gods adulterous Wife.  It was that Nation that prophesy says will receive a Messiah.  Jesus said that he had come "but for the Lost sheep of ISRAEL ".

Those disobedient Hebrews that were given the law and broke it were law breakers!  Jesus died on the Cross to redeem Them.

The other nations were not given the law. They were Not lawbreakers. ??????????  Think about that?

God presented himself to Nebuchadnezzar!! And it is written that He served the God of Heaven.  Nebuchadnezzar had a different deal with God than the covenant that was made with that Hebrew Nation that no longer exists.

It is quite possible for God to make as many different covenants with as many different peoples as he chooses. 

Are we but a jealous sibling?  The God of Abraham is the God of Abraham regardless of the language that they speak.

My biological father had a different relationship with each of his children.  And each of us have a different story to tell.

Can "WE" restrict our heavenly father from doing that same thing?
                Only in our jealous little minds

For a person 'left speechless', it is surprising that you said so much in your reply.

I take it that your answer to my question regarding Rom 8:9b is NO.

When the apostle said that all scripture was the inspired word of God ...   He wasn't talking about the things that he was saying. Or the things that will be added to scripture in his future.

We must always remember  WHO  was talking to WHO;  And WHEN.

People tend to add things to the meaning of that which they read.
                       We want to bend them in the way in which we want them to go.

When everyone does that  it end ups looking like a bowl of spagetti.  Then no one gets the message.

"He wasn't talking about the things that he was saying."

What kind of remark is that? It's like saying he wasn't talking about the things that he was talking about. So what was he talking about? I see a lot of 'spaghetti' in that remark of yours.

You sound like the guy who uses 'oppressed' for 'suppressed' and makes us all 'depressed'.

Have you not read the many names of God?  Jesus told his apostles to baptize in the name of The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.  When they baptized they did so in the name of Jesus.
                Did you not read that there will be people in heaven that we didn't think would be there, there will be people who don't make it to heaven that we thought would?
                Have you not read Thou shalt not judge? 
                It appears you haven't.
                You may judge me all you wish.  Jesus knows my heart.

1. Deaconess profile image61
                  Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

stillwondering: I am sure your intentions are good, but there are many on hubpages that recognize that the phrase "the father, the son, and the holy ghost" is not part of original scripture, but added to manuscripts by the Catholic Church to trick people into believing that it is ordained by God that ppl should deify Jesus as God incarnate.

jerami: Please read the second chapter of Isaiah. It is not appropriate that you criticize the Jews for not accepting Jesus as their savior, for this is in accordance with prophecy. Isaiah 2 tells us that the house of Jacob will be established on the mountain of the lord (sermon on the mount) and many from all over the world will accept this doctrine because of its promises of peace,.. and it is prophesied that the Jews would reject it, because it will be full of eastern philosophies, will appear to be a practice of sorcery, it will clasp hands with the pagans, it will end up turning into a religion of idolotry, and something that is driven by greed...

In Isaiah 1:9: vai·yi·shach (and of humbled) adam (human being) vai·yish·pal (made low) ish (a man) ve·'al (do not) tis·sa (raise up) la'hem (to that of them)

... because on the day of the lord, the idols will be struck down... God ALONE will be exalted, and the chapter ends stating that holding "regard" toward the human being, that drew breath from his nostrils, will cease... for why should he be worshipped?

I would love to be able to get my hands on the original text.  Since I can't, I go by my KJV of the Bible.  I did not know that the Catholic's define Jesus as God.  I know a Cathoolic, she didn't know that either.  But I do have to follow my heart.  After all, when I stand before God, it will be my heart that is judged.

1. Deaconess profile image61

Catholics and Christians deny that they see Jesus AS God, yet they, and most Christians, believe that Jesus was God in the flesh... so is that not God incarnate? They are truly in denial about deifying Jesus, but they do.

You don't have to have the "original" text, you only need to look at the earliest manuscripts to see that the phrase wasn't in them initially. There are pics of them on the internet. Google is your friend.

'Thou shalt not judge' is the standard excuse of the Devil, because he knows that one day he and his followers will be judged and cast into the lake of fire.

God has given us the faculty of reasoning, discerning and judging. We are not empty-headed Christians. One day we will judge the world.

I think you are talking about another Jesus, but not the Jesus of the Bible. (Jesus is a common name in Mexico; perhaps you're referring to someone named Jesus in Mexico.)

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear me. sad

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
                    Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, of course, he wasn't called Jesus at all in his time.  And the gospels were not written by those attributed to the accounts in your book.  No one really knows who wrote the gospels because they are simply hearsay accounts with no basis in documented factual history.  Sorry!

1. profile image0

can you show some supportive evidence. I've read lots to the contrary and think you are bsing us.

3. stilljustwonderin profile image61

Yes, you must be talking about another Jesus.  The Jesus I worship is about love, forgiveness, understanding and mercy.  My Jesus said "Judge not lest ye be judged."   
                    Yes the Bible does say that one day we will judge the world.  That day hasn't arrived yet.  We are still here in our earthly bodies.  When the woman caught in adultry was taken to Jesus and they asked him about stoneing her, he said, Let he with no sin cast the first stone.   No one was able to cast a stone at her. 
                    The Bible also tells us not to offend.  I have seen your posts thru out the forum.  You my friend are offensive to both believers and non believers.

"But I do have to follow my heart.  After all, when I stand before God, it will be my heart that is judged."

Just to remind you. She who follows her own heart is a FOOL. Proverbs 28:26.

"The Bible also tells us not to offend.  I have seen your posts thru out the forum.  You my friend are offensive to both believers and non believers."

I am not just wondering; I'm convinced that whatever you've written here is an offense to God. Keep worshipping your spineless 'Jesus'.

Just for the record, since you are so ignorant of the the Bible, here is 2 Thess 1:7-9: "The Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who know not God, and who obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ; who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord..."

You said you want everybody to be happy. I guess you want Satan, the demons and all evildoers to be happy. Beware of following a false gospel!

3. Pratonix profile image71

"I think God has many names and most of us are believing in the same God.
              We just call him by a different name."

Most Christians should hang their heads in shame when one who professes to be a 'Christian' makes such an absurd and absolutely unintelligent remark.

1. Pandoras Box profile image59

Ahahahahahahahaha. Yer killin' me. Too funny. Gotta love those christians. I bet muslims are like this, too. 'He ees not a trhue moslem.'

Oh man, you guys are a riot.

3. Deaconess profile image61

It's pretty arrogant to think that God only chose to inspire a specific group of people and didn't bother with other cultures, who interpreted things according to their own experiences and perspectives.

14. shsaad profile image58
      shsaadposted 13 years ago

God sent the Bible to earth in what form ? Is it in a form of a book as what we know today or as a word of mouth from Jesus ? Now if it was in book form when was paper was created ?

What year was paper invented?
        In: History of Science [Edit categories]
        [Improve]
        Answer

Paper, in the form of Papyrus fibres, was first used by the Egyptians as long ago as 3500BC. It is from the name Papyrus that paper gets its name.

Conventional paper, made from wood pulp was devised about 8AD by the Chinese, sources attribute it to a Ts'ai Lun, a courtier, however other evidence suggests it was invented 105BC.

2. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine was...I believe 1993, of course 'my' bible may not be 'the' bible you hear so much about...it's mine.

smile

3. profile image0

Paper, in the form of Papyrus fibres, was first used by the Egyptians as long ago as 3500BC. It is from the name Papyrus that paper gets its name.

Conventional paper, made from wood pulp was devised about 8AD by the Chinese, sources attribute it to a Ts'ai Lun, a courtier, however other evidence suggests it was invented 105BC.

15. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Religion is nothing more than a form of self-hypnosis wherein one, assisted by other such self induced individuals, convince themselves they are chosen to be included in their god's plan.

The depths to which this state reaches depends on the individual him/herself.  Imagine being the parents of those children who gave the poisoned Kool-Aid to them.  Do you think they were sure god had spoken to them?  If not, why did these christians murder their children.

16. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

The way that I understand scripture ...  The 144000 will be Judges and princes.

All of those that are "Saved"  do not get to judge the world.

If everybody is one ???  Who do they get to judge "IF" everyone else is thrown into the fire ????

Ya caint have your toast buttered on both sides and still keep your hands clean.  Unless ya don't go near it.
      But then, why butter it

I will go back and read that again.  I do certainly hope you are right.  I want no part in judging any one.  You know me, I want every one to be happy.
        big_smile

Rev 20:4   And I saw thr thrones and they sat on them, and judgment was given to "THEM"...  "AND"  (ALSO?) I saw the souls of them that were beheaded ...

This is two different groups of people that are seen by John.

17. SearchingForTruth profile image57
      SearchingForTruthposted 13 years ago

"The Bible also tells us not to offend.  I have seen your posts thru out the forum.  You my friend are offensive to both believers and non believers."

I am not just wondering; I'm convinced that whatever you've written here is an offense to God. Keep worshipping your spineless 'Jesus'.

Just for the record, since you are so ignorant of the the Bible, here is 2 Thess 1:7-9: "The Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who know not God, and who obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ; who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord..."

You said you want everybody to be happy. I guess you want Satan, the demons and all evildoers to be happy. Beware of following a false gospel!

Hmmmm Pratonix you are showing yourself to be the exact type of uber-religious zealot that hijacks planes and kills others based on their amazing doctrine interpretation. It is not on your conscience if she chooses to take a peaceful road in her life - keep your judging to yourself, lest ye be judged!

She is perfectly at liberty to take a peaceful road in her life, but let her not put a 'christian coating' on it. Because hers is a brand of jackass-christianity, which unbelievers laugh at. No wonder Christ is mocked and reviled!

There is enough evidence in the Bible that Christ is not only the God of grace, but He is also the God of judgment. Just as there is a heaven, there is also a hell. These are realities that cannot be wished away by sentimental jokers.

Uber-religious zealot? Don't tar genuine Christians with extreme Islamic fundamentalism.

1. profile image50
          Anicholposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Saying there is a hell is different?

18. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Don't you mean Irrelevant, falsified insipid word of god?

1. profile image0

no i think something that shows 30yrs of study and some intelligence. perhaps above a grade 7 level.

1. ladyt11 profile image61

@brotheryochanan, protanix and other christians. Its amazing how some people speak so ignorantly about the bible. But the bible speaks of these kinds of people they are just like the sanhadrin and pharisees, etc. There are so many miracles done in jesus name, so many people who have come to christ, we are the majority. Many people talk about the invisible god, heres something to think about. You don't see the wind when it blows but you feel it, we inhale it and exhale it everyday but its invisible, so because we can't see air does that mean we're not breathing. With all the proven things of the bible people still won't believe. Just about every nation knows about Jesus  whether they believe in him or not. The thing is people ridicule what they don't understand. There is so much more evidence from the bible alone that I could write about. I realize someone's going to joke this statement up as well but let them do it. Jesus is real but just like their were unbelievers in his day there will be unbelievers in this day. Jesus did miracles, healed the sick, raised the dead and so much more. The funny thing about all of these comments is people are getting angry and referring to god as a fairy, clowning christianity, full of jokes and we're not forcing him on anyone we are simply speaking of his truth! We are being attacked but thats what unbelievers and people who don't have a relationship with jesus do. Just a note: christianity is not a religion because its not man made its the very word of god. christians did not call themselves christians the romans did, they were referring to us as those who follow christ, therefore christians. We are all about relationship praise and worship, if you read you would know. all i can say is" father forgive them for they know not what they do." In closing for those who are calling us names is that something that you would teach or tell your children to do? whether you believe or not thats just being disrespectful and immature. we (christians) have the experiences with jesus, the proven history of jesus, the knowledge and relationship with jesus and so much more so say what you want. Its funny how we can talk about any other "religion" peacefully but when it comes to Jesus anger kicks in.

19. Rod Marsden profile image67
      Rod Marsdenposted 13 years ago

The big question of course would be which Bible? There are many versions in English including the King James version going back to the days of James the 1st of England and James the 6th of Scotland and also the recently re-written King James version. Then there are Latin and Greek examples. And then there is the Lutheran Bible in German.

So which of the many versions of the Bible in whatever language is actually infallible and inspired by God? Personally I don't know.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

A very honest answer!  The only honest answer anyone can give!

1. Rod Marsden profile image67
          Rod Marsdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Randy.

I think Pratonix is after your lips for some reason.

Who knows what other parts he might decided to go after so you better be careful or become a person of many parts.

I'm used to these types, Rod!  There are so many churches around here they can't find enough sinners to reprimand and judge.  Thankfully, the different denominations have each other to tell they are going to hell. 

It takes a little pressure off of us sane residents.  LOL!  One strange thing about most of these religious folks is, they never mention the sin of gluttony!

2. C.V.Rajan profile image59

A true seeker will look for the "essence" and even if 25% of this essence remains same in all the versions, to that extent they serve the purpose.

"Scripture is like sand and sugar mixed together. It is for the true seeker to segregate sugar from sand" - Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.

Hello, CV!  You must be here slumming around! LOL!  Helium still getting most of your money?

True, Randy! Read my Hub about my becoming 0.1 millionaire?

Congrats, CV!  LOL!  You having any luck here?

CV writes well. I just left a comment on one of his hubs and followed him. smile

Yes he does, Earnest!  I remember him from when I wrote at Helium.  I also remember the bad way the Indian writers were suddenly banished.  If I'm not mistaken, C.V. was one of the few allowed to remain without some sort of review. 

But I don't have many good things to say about Helium.  They trap their writers by requiring them to jump hoops in order to get paid for their writing.  Some good people write there, though!  Also some pricks, as you know if you've read my review of the Helium site!

I missed that one Randy, I just read it and left a comment there. smile
                    I like the way you shoot straight from the hip. I saw a couple of commenters thought you went in pretty hard, but I don't like shonky practices any more than you do, so it was spot on to my way of thinking. smile

Thanks, earnest!

Quite some luck Randy! My earnings from helium alone crossed Rs.75,000.- in 2.5 years.

20. Pratonix profile image71

"A very honest answer!  The only honest answer anyone can give!"

I was reading Psalm 12 in church a little while ago, and I was reminded of these words: "May the Lord cut off all flattering lips!" 12.3a

How many folks are lipless these days?  Apparently there are no "flattering lips," or no Lord to cut them off!  Your choice!

Waiting for the christian spin!

21. ladyt11 profile image61
      ladyt11posted 13 years ago

There have been lots of versions of the king james version of the bible. The bible was rewritten not to change its content but in different languages so that many could read and understand. King James was a supporter of the bible being written in different languages so that thousands of people could know about christ, the unity of the bible again has never failed after all of these years. Of course people will try to take out or add to the bible. Its the way people start rumors the truth is stated and someone takes it and runs with it and tries to tear it apart or add and delete what they want. This is what people have tried to do with the bible but to no avail, gods word stands alone and is consistent. No amount of disbelief, sly comments, or the like will ever change it. The bible never has to be updated because it is god's word and it speaks to us even now, it is relevant and prophetic even up to the days we live in now! From the book of Genesis to The Book of Revelation. How can you explain such consistency. All of mankind was in gods mind when the bible was written. It was not just written to the israelites like some people are posting. There are three groups that the bible speaks to: The Jews, the gentiles(anyone who is not an israelite, jew which includes us, all of mankind)and The church(the body of believers)This is all inclusive no one is left out. Consider this, Israel is the nation that god chose to show us his salvation,his character the covenants, the giving of the law,the service of god and the promises. There was rejection of god among the israelites of course as among all nations but does that make his word untrue, no. Does it mean he dosen't exist because people don't believe of course not! Back to consider this:-)/The land that Israel had was promised to them and god has vowed to protect them. Israel is a tiny nation who geographically sits in the midst or is surrounded by her enemies and still cannot be annihilated no matter how many attempts have been made. This is just a testament to gods provision and promise. I'm not putting Israel over any other nation or race of people, I'm soley showing god's provision and promises. There is so much more to include just not enough room. I'm not responding with a big me little you attitude but I am responding to the misrepresentation of the bible and gods word. With love!

22. Pratonix profile image71

Well, after hearing all the arguments against the Bible(insane, inane and irrelevant as they are) it is CLEARLY PROVED and ESTABLISHED once and for all that -

The Bible (66 books only, as per the accepted canon)
      from Genesis to Revelation
      is the
      INERRANT
      INFALLIBLE
      INSPIRED

WORD OF GOD.

Blessings to all those who love the Bible and read it daily.
      And to those who've hardened their heart against the Bible (God's Word), let them know once and for all that they are
      GOING TO BE JUDGED BY THE WORD OF GOD.

congrats...now give party to all hubbers smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59

That's strange. I heard almost exactly those words from a homeless guy standing on a soap box. He was yelling, too. smile

1. luvpassion profile image62
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What's a soap box?

wink

They were wooden crates used to ship soap and other dry goods. Today, we use it as a metaphor for those who wish to elevate themselves using some sort of platform while giving am impromptu speech. Ever been to Hyde Park? smile

Generally those who understand less but show blind loyalty clinb to the tallest of soap boxes and shout the loudest!

2. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/scartoon_star/LolCatz/825e469f.jpg

23. luvpassion profile image62
      luvpassionposted 13 years ago

I hear that all the time..."Soap Box" never seen one except with washing powder or those itty-bitty soap boxes that know one could stand on.

Teri smile

1. Troy C. profile image60
        Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen !

24. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

What is your source of claiming like that.

Bible is not written by the Christian God- the Father, it is not written by Jesus either; not even by the Holy Ghost.

Please

True! Just like the pile of filth called the quoran. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)