What was your favorite cereal as a child?

Jump to Last Post 51-75 of 75 discussions (119 posts)
  1. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

Lucky Charms! I would only eat the marshmallows and leave the "plain" cereal in the box for others to discover. big_smile

2. gringalina profile image58
    gringalinaposted 13 years ago

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.............my most favorite cereal without a doubt was my Fruity Pebbles! I´d eat a whole box to myself at every sitting with it! My mom would wonder how that cereal would disappear so fast! I was a skinny little thing back then too! And of course, my second favorite...OOPS! All Berries!!!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4781770_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4781815.jpg

1. Matt in Jax profile image59
      Matt in Jaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Heck yeah @ Fruity Pebbles!

3. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 13 years ago

Captain Crunch,  no crunch berries or peanut butter   just old fashioned, original  CAPTAIN CRUNCH.   MMMMmmmmm !

4. hotwebideas profile image64
    hotwebideasposted 12 years ago

Booberry, Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Rice Crispies, and the marshmallows in Lucky Charms.

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

I didn't know cereals existed until I was 15 years old. I sat in front of the TV and ate an entire Cocoa Puffs box. Yum!

6. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 12 years ago

Sugar puffs and frosted flakes - delicious!

7. jessicab profile image60
    jessicabposted 12 years ago

My favorite cereal when I was a child was king vitamins, and now they are hard to find in stores.

8. eatlikenoone profile image61
    eatlikenooneposted 12 years ago

I always like the cereals with marshmallows like Lucky Charms and Boo Berry.

9. Matt in Jax profile image59
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

Fruity Pebbles were by far my favorite! So yummy, even soggy.

10. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

I am so old that we only had a few. Wheaties, Corn flakes, Rice Krispies.  I think we also had Corn pops which I didn't like.
    So I guess I'll say Corn flakes-- with canned peaches when possible.

1. Pearldiver profile image65
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hell that's NOT OLD! big_smile

I had to go Slay the Corn - Every Morning...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5111610_f248.jpg

And I had to take all the back roads home....

- Just to avoid being arrested as a Cereal Killer! yikes

11. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

Capt'n Crunch

12. charlesspock profile image75
    charlesspockposted 12 years ago

oh peanut butter captain crunch was definetly the best.

13. imatellmuva profile image77
    imatellmuvaposted 12 years ago

I didn't have a favorite cereal as a child, because my parents only bought Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran and Wheaties. I couldn't wait to grow up and by some Frosted Flakes, or anything laced with sugar!!

Now that I'm an adult, what do I buy...Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran and Wheaties!!!!!!!!

14. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image36
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 12 years ago

it was easily captain crunch. the i had to eat something else until the roof of my mouth healed from scarfing down a big bowl too quickly. smile

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha!! I remember that mouth pain. And how your lips felt all greasy. kind of gross when you think about it....

I loved Golden Grahams

15. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

Too poor as a child to have cereal.  Just a little crust of  :)bread and some warm water.  "May I please ave some more sir?"

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ha ha. and if you ever got cereal, did you have to eat it with a fork to save the milk for the next person?

16. Blond Logic profile image93
    Blond Logicposted 12 years ago

I loved all the ones that were bad for me. I loved, Fruit Loops, Captain Crunch, all flavors that were available way back when. Lucky charms but only the marshmallows pieces.Oh and Frosted Flakes.
    I didn't feed these to my children because we didn't live in the USA and they weren't available.  If they had been, I would have had to lie to them and tell them I only ate healthy things growing up and I had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow, in my bare feet. LOL

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Uphill both ways? smile

17. classicalgeek profile image83
    classicalgeekposted 12 years ago

I loved Raisin Bran, Cheerios, and plain puffed rice. About once in every twenty boxes my parents would succumb and buy a box of Lucky Charms.

18. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I liked the cereals that had free gifts in them. The shaking up the packet to bring the gift to the top of the box of newly opened cereal.

My brother and I had to take turns at getting the gift out of the cereal box and keeping it. I think it was a good sales trick by the cereal companies as we probably ate more, to get to started on the next packet.

Sometimes, on the back of the box of cereal they printed an image that you could cut out and make into a mask or 3D model by using tuck-in tabs to construct it.

Luckily for me these cardboard models often took care to cut out and make up. I was the eldest and had more patience for things like that, so I was the one who had the chance to build the cardboard models. You had to be careful not to cut off the tabs or to tear them when you tucked them into the slots. I think the skills I learnt then have been useful to me, when I tackle practical tasks.

Sorry about the long post, this took me for a happy stroll down memory lane, which was nice for me. Childhood memories become more important when there are less oldies in your life to share them with. smile

19. Naomi's Banner profile image72
    Naomi's Bannerposted 12 years ago

My favortie cereal was Captain Crunch next to Lucky Charms. I also liked Shredded Wheat and still do.

20. sasta10 profile image60
    sasta10posted 12 years ago

Rice crispies was my favourite, I used to collect the pocket toys that used come with them.  I always wanted to buy one to find out whats inside.  Thanks.

21. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Apple Jacks, Rice Krispies and Trix. But what I really loved were those long, summer camp packs of like eight or ten mini-cereal boxes. For some reason I loved those.

22. EuroCafeAuLait profile image80
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 12 years ago

Honey combs something or another.  Those were mm.mm. good!

23. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 12 years ago

I love this question. Anything chocolate and peanut butter went really well for me. Captain Crunch Peanut butter cereal abd if course coco pebbles!! Today, I still crave the same things.

24. kat11 profile image61
    kat11posted 12 years ago

I would have to say my favorite cereal when I was young was Lucky Charms with those tasty mini marshmallows. No I don't eat them any more. Although my children are now young adults. They really don't eat much cereal. Two of them are really not breakfast cereal eaters. I was diagnosed in having celiac disease, so I can't eat most cereals on the market, but have found many stores carry a corn cereal and other gluten free cereals.

25. miccimom profile image60
    miccimomposted 12 years ago

My favorite was Frosted Flakes. Yes I do feed it to my kids.  But I dont eat it anymore. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)