from whom does jesus safe?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (46 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

i have read many times that jesus is saviour..but what always comes to my mind is from what and whom?..

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

from the eternal consequences of sin.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no such  eternal consequences of sin. Jesus did not believe in that; it is a later invention against Jesus' teachings.

If Jesus would have believed in it; he would have not said that he was Son of Adam/Man. Jesus knew that Adam's was forgiven and hence no sin is hereditary.

1. profile image0

Everyone, from all nations & tongues is subject to sinning.   And subject to punishment for those sins,  unless they repent and give their hearts/souls to Jesus Christ. 
          He was not just a man.  He was God in the flesh.  But He Loved YOU and me and everyone past, present, and future, so much that He laid down His life to offer Salvation to us.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. CMHypno profile image83
            CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apparently he loves us so much that he is quite prepared to send us to hell just because we don't believe in him or had the misfortune to be born before he came to earth or in a part of the world where they have never heard of him? True compassion?

2. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Correct.
          Sin is not inherited.
          The consequence of sin was under the 1st covenant which has since been fulfilled. The excuse people use to justify their lack of faith/free will, and deny the Life of Grace, is sin and its consequences. Being of the mind, rather than the Spirit. It is, quite frankly, that simple.

Take upon yourself the yolk of ease and the burden of light.

2. profile image50

Jesus was only a man and Son of Man ; he was never a god or son of god; he cannot save anybody on his own. The Creator-God Allah YHWH saved Jesus a cursed death on Cross; and hence the Creator-God Allah YHWH is the real Savior.

3. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From his psychotic old man of course! lol

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

pisean282311

It's not from "whom", but from "what" Jesus saves....If you are really interested in knowing all you need do is take heed to the things that Brenda has written and ignore the contradictory remarks....check out her hubs and or mine for more detail.....hope you find what you are looking for...."His name is Jesus"

1. Cagsil profile image70

The highlighted portion above is partly the problem. Most believers pick and choose from the bible what they want to read. Then choose to ignore what doesn't make sense.

You agreeing with Brenda, makes it even worse, as Twenty One Days, just logically ripped apart every believer's method of belief.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

During that time it was customary that if you owed a debt that you could not pay that you could be sold into slavery for an specific period of time, Those proceeds paid your debt.

Kinda like buying a house for the back taxes.
       It was also the custom that your family had first option of paying that debt before the auction.   I don't think that there was a legal requirement for you to repayment the cost of that redemptive act cause it was an act of Love.

Though a certain amount of appreciation might have been expected. That is why it is said that Jesus paid our sin debt and we are redeemed.     

Something like that anyway??

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Mankind is in sin because Adam and Eve fell prey to Satan's deceitfulness;  we all "inherited", in a way, that "sin nature".
    When Adam and Eve sinned against God, the penalty was death, both physically and spiritually.   God put a limit on how long humans would live, took away the Blessings they had been given, and sent them away from the Garden of Eden.

The only hope of salvation had to come from God Himself.  He Loved mankind so much that He sent a "piece of Himself, if you will", to be sacrificed so that we could be saved from the lake of fire.   That was Jesus, the only person ever found to be sinless, perfect, an acceptable sacrifice for mankind's sins.

1. profile image50

As per Bible it was Eve who enticed Adam to sin; that makes 2 units of sin of Eve and 1 unit of sin of Adam. If sins are hereditary as the Bible says; the the child born of man and woman gets sin: 2+1=3%2= 1.5

If a child is born only of a waman he gets 2 units of sin.

Hence Jesus born of a woman becomes more sinful that others.

Am I correct?

Thanks

1. profile image0

No.
        You're being too mathematical about it.  lol
        Sin is....available to anyone.  We have free will to choose to sin or not to sin.
        It's a spiritual thing.
        Satan first enticed Eve.  That evil spirit is where sin first originated.
        Jesus was the perfect example of how we humans can resist the temptation to sin.

1. profile image50

On what basis you have said that?

1. profile image0

The word of God (the Bible).
            Do you want Scripture references?

1. pisean282311 profile image62
              pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

many say that bible was manipulated ...bible is not truth..what are your views on that?

1. profile image0

The Bible is the inerrant word of God.
                I say "inerrant" to mean its concepts are the Gospel truth.
                IF (and that'a a huge IF) someone at some translator mis-spelled something or omitted a word or phrase,  it still doesn't change the over-all jist of the Bible, the context of it, nor does it make me believe any less in the God of the Bible.   The Spirit will bear witness in a believer's heart, answering any questions we may have.

1. profile image0

I do not desire to argue, Brenda, but I cannot accept that statement. A book is not nor can it be 'Gospel' truth. Primarily because there is no such thing. That term comes from churches, not Christ.

I see in your post a mix of flesh and spirit -which is what I see in every believer (and yes non believer). Y`shua made a clear distinction between them.

If the inherit or truth is in the book, we would not need the Spirit. This is exactly what the Hebrews did with the Law. Yet, Y`shua states and His Testimony, that is the Word of Creator combined, that the Spirit leads into ALL Truth. The book is not a catalog to search out questions THEN ask the Spirit. It is there for those who need visual words UNTIL Faith comes. After Faith -according to the book, there is only Spirit.

Any believer or non, still sitting with a book and then asking the Spirit for answers afterward is still someone who does not understand the work of the cross and certainly not filled with THE Spirit aka has no faith, no testimony in them. They have memorized words, with no spiritual significance whatsoever.

Listen once more:

1. The word is near you, in your mouth & heart -so that you may do it. --Deuteronomy. (Nothing about a book).

2. If you believe me, my words will live in you.
                  Again, no book. Because the word is ALIVE, powerful and if you can grasp this: the word IS you, if you believe. Because the word is everything that is both created and yet to be created (seen/unseen).

3. Those who worship the Father --as Y`shua commanded-- must worship in Spirit and Truth ...meaning they have the word & testimony John speaks of IN THEM, not next to them on the nightstand or the pew on Sunday.

This is the reason millions of people who do believe in salvation are not living correctly, abundantly in spirit, because they only go to the book...this is also the reason millions have decided not to believe, because all they ever knew was a book.

1. profile image0

Twenty One,
                    I'm sure your knowledge is astounding to your readers.
                    But it is your lack of understanding the simple concept of Faith in a perfect God that astounds me.

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Ah, earnest....
    have you reached the point of no return?

1. earnestshub profile image81

No, on the contrary. I just read the bible and say what gob and jebus sed! lol

1. profile image0

Sometimes, yes.
        But you leave out so much of it.
        And you twist most of the parts you do quote.
        Are you sure you were actually born-again?

1. earnestshub profile image81

I have never changed a single word I have quoted from the bible Brenda. Not one word. smile

5. jay_kumar_07 profile image58
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Hi
    very very pequlier form of creation is ManKind. Only devil knowes the value of creation.so devil make a vibration in blood by the way temptation. The creator [GOD ] allows the creation to live seperately .But he loves the creation  and want to  save the creation.The devil  ride the creation  with his own control.

GOD SHATTERED THE HOLY BLOOD ON GLOBE THROUGH JESUS AND SAVE THE CREATION .

NOW THE DEVIL CAN RIDE BUT THE CONTROL IS IN GODS HAND . WHAT A LOVE.

IN THIS WORLD WE CAN AVOID THE RIDE OF DEVIL BY THE WAY OF PRAYING . BECAUSE DEVIL GOT THE PERMISSION FROM GOD TO DRIVE US .

Regards
    jay.

6. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

Christian have separated the Christ (Spirit) from Jesus (flesh) and preach Jesus the flesh instead of Spirit Christ.

This Jesus flesh have died and they have resurrected into their book Bible.
    They preach a Jesus Christ, but cannot ever relate to him as present Living Spirit but a dead historic man always dependant on written records.

Therefore they preach a "bible" gospel rather than a gospel of Truth. It easily  seen as none of them cannot ever preach any gospel except with their bible.

Their blindness will continue until their false Christ  (anti Christ ) will be fully resurrected into a bodily form and takes his seat among them as the Son of perdition.

At that time many eyes will be opened but not all...

1. profile image0

Oh kess,
      Where have you been?  Long time no talk.

Still trying to preach a new-age concept instead of Truth, I see.
      Watch out----Jesus might getcha for calling Him the son of perdition.

2. profile image0

Well said, Kess, perfect in fact.

The awakening has begun. Many are, unfortunately, leaving one anti-chirst for another seducing spirit. The one's of the anti-christ are saying those leaving are falling for New Age, yet they are of the same master.

But, some are drawing close to the Spirit and it is wonderful!

7. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

I am here serving Truth rather than the Lie.

But of course you do not know the difference...

never the less you will still fulfill God's will

1. profile image0

I hope so!

And will you?

Or do you think blasphemy is God's will for your life?

8. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

It is impossible for those who know Truth to blaspheme...
    but those who know it not will blaspheme and they cannot even help themselves.

You blaspheme everytime you say the bible is the word of God.

1. profile image0

I hope the Lord will have mercy upon you and bring you to the knowledge of the Truth.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/rkortes/Fall%202009/smiley2eatingpopcorn.gif

2. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Brenda,

You forget to understand that the bible and it's scripture is built on metaphoric parables, based in a religious primitive language.

The actual translation isn't even accurate, because it leaves too much open to interpretation for each person.

Jesus dis-spelled the OT, which was based on an "external" source of a god and brought about a new teaching, for which, he was murdered for.

The NT is based on the literal interpretation of Paul and others, for which, never knew or understood Jesus' teachings to begin with.

So, Christianity is nothing but a lie, hoax, story and a joke.

9. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I think that Jesus saves in the sense that his teachings have people thinking differently from the norms then.

1. profile image0

Jesus was the pure Sacrifice, the only Way through which mankind can avoid the fire of hell.
      It's not just thinking differently.  It's recognizing God for who He is and how He Loves His creation so much that He sent a "piece of Himself" to offer us salvation, something no man on earth before or since Jesus was or ever will be found worthy of doing, and Loving Him FOR that sacrifice.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, the OP was asking what Jesus saved a person from.  It's too hard explaining the whole thing if you're not immersed in it.

1. profile image0

smile
          I get carried away sometimes and ramble on.  Can't help it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)