Does Love Have an Expiration Date?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (79 posts)
  1. lizy625 profile image60
    lizy625posted 14 years ago

Countless times, I have asked myself-"How many times can a heart mend?" After being loved, falling in and out of love, swearing off love, rekindling love, searching for a new love, looking for and old love... Ladies and gentlemen-we never seem to stop.
    Everyone will have that first love. That person who makes your skin tingle just by the thought of them.The one and only object of all affections will consume your thoughts, desires, even agenda!Make your heart race, your body ache, and cloud all judgement. Most often , not a "keeper".
    Most will have a second love, a more refined version of the first love, only emotions and body functions become a little more graspable. The second love is usually a viable contender for the "keeper" position, and tends to stay much longer.
    Some will have a third love. Possibly the hearts janitor. They will clean up what they can of the other damage, and vow to keep things as good as they can. They might offer comfort, advice or wisdom. They say ..."3rd times a charm"..., so this one is planned to be a "keeper", and most often is.
    Very Few will have a fourth love. This will be a time of self evaluation, denial, and probably rejuvination. The fourth love usually comes with their own baggage, and is far more likely to accept what comes their way with open arms.
    By the fourth love, one begins to wonder if love will expire. Will it melt away and be gone forever?

1. monicaelayne profile image61
      monicaelayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOve doesn't go away. For what ever reason, as we are growing as individuals, our needs from ourselves and others change and affect what we consider to be "love". When I was 15 love was when he held my hand and made sure I got first dibs on the front seats by the basketball court. When I turned 17, love was when someone supported my decisions and was happy for my successes. When I turned 19 I had developed a cold heart from a prior relationship and because I didn't love myself, love didn't make sense at that time in my life. When I turned 21, I had healed myself, loved the woman i was, and love began someone who complimented my already developed life.  Love was when he supported me, appreciated me, communicated well, and had his own emotional stability and life. Now at 25, love is committment, give and take, laughter and tears. It is when you look at him and you know that he is doing the best he can not just for himself, but for you too.

So, as you can see, even in short bouts of time, love changes, but it doesn't necessarily go away. It just keeps changing its outfit. smile

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really love what you've written here! Very insightful and meaningful. This is my experince of love too - ever changing smile

2. profile image49
      Goddardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi ,
      Looks like this is your first experience in the exciting dating activity! Why don’t you look up the site Modern Man  for some help. The site is loaded with very interesting tips for successful dates.  Look it up and help out your friend.

3. whispers of faith profile image61
      whispers of faithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no i dont think love has an experation date. if you really trully love someone you will always love them thats the way i believe it should be.

4. lbtrader profile image61
      lbtraderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lizy625 if you can write hubs with this type of passion in them i'm a fan....

this is me to a tee...

My fourth love is a curse called memories. And it is a compilation of things I think about when others are loving the one they love while I write stupid hubs....

5. profile image54
      CaliRicaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No.  Love is an energy.  Once tapped into, it's yours for as long as you wish.  Fear is its only foe.

6. dahoglund profile image71
      dahoglundposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The trick is to know when it is love and when it is an illusion.

7. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the more someone betrays you, the harder it is to keep loving them, but no matter how much they change, you still have the same love for the person they used to be. But thats just me...i do believe you can fall in and out of love, i just havnt experienced it yet.

2. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Weddings tend to end love ... no wait, that's not right ... actually, love only ends when you decide to finally let go. smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and then it doesn't end... reminds me of a poem I wrote once about 'where does love go when you let it go?'  I'll find it and post it for you.

2. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO you are funny yoshi!

and no love does not have an expiration date...well at least for me it doesn't...sadly for others sometimes it does.

1. akrami profile image61
        akramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the love which you mention is not actually love, but is mere amusement and enjoyment and so it will end with marriage or someone lets it to go by.  As both the partners in these activity or affair, whatever you may call it, are not in love with each other, but they are in love with amusements and enjoyments, which can be end at any time.

However, Love is the name of the bird, which never dies. According to my view, love starts after marriage only and a true love will never last even after the death.  Even though, one of the partners dies, the love for that the partner which was separated because of the death, will never end and a true lover will always keep her lover in mind throughout his/her life.

3. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Incorrect, love only begins when you decide to let go.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I wrote this a few years ago after a relationship ended. I don't think love ends~

Where Does Love Go?

This love that we breathed
    And let flow through our veins,
    Does it now fall from the heavens
    As
    A pure drop of rain?

Oh where does it go when we let it
    Go…
    Does it fall upon a blade of grass
       And
    Spring up as the lovely flower of June?

Does it  fill the song of a bird
    Singing softly in the night.

Dare I should turn around and expect
    To catch the last setting shades of the

Sun?

Echoes heard in the Aegean Sea
    Rippled currents calling again
    And again
    his name.

rebekahELLE

1. Sue Adams profile image94
      Sue Adamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love doesn't have an expiration date, not even until after the loved one/s have long gone to heaven.

4. Dominionmaster2 profile image61
    Dominionmaster2posted 14 years ago

Well lizy, I think love is what you make of it good or bad. Does it ever go away? I don't think so, I think everyone's capacity to love and be loved is strictly up to the individual.
      I have had times when I told myself I was never going to love again, and actually made a conscious effort not to let anyone in. It wasn't until I reopened my heart that I fell in love again and again and again. Pain, especially from the heart can sometimes make you want to run from love. It is not until we truly take control of what we will allow and accept from another person that we become equipped to handle everything that love brings with it.
       Once you do this love can come again and again, as many times as you want to let it. If any kind of love has an expiration date, it is that wild free, OH my god I gotta be with this person or I will die kind of love. There is something to be said for becoming picky about who you love.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

3rd time worked for me, only death will do it in.

1. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh good for you, Ralwus.  I'm way too chicken to get out there again for a third go round. big_smile

6. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

I’ve come to the conclusion that love is a delusion shared between two people as a defence against loneliness.

Not an appealing notion granted, and it probably wouldn’t be overly successful as a marketing ‘call-to-action’ for the sale of Valentines cards.

1. Amanda Severn profile image95
      Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Viva delusions!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, delusions can certainly be a beautiful thing. big_smile

1. profile image52
          gkb47posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Love is Shared Loneliness" A Quote by GKB47

It expires when it is not shared!

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Mrvoodoo, that voodoo that you do is not very positive. smile

7. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I don't know - I have loved people then stopped loving them. But that's because they've killed it, over time, not because it simply ran out or whatever.

And Mrvoodoo - misery guts tongue

My eyes are open. wink

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As are mine. And I know if you keep yours open long enough you may be surprised. And that will serve you right big_smile

Stranger things have happened. smile

8. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I don't know, maybe it's just me but there are billions of people on the planet, so it seems we have billions of opportunities to have our hearts broken, not just three or four....LOL

I've had my heart broken several times. I learn something new every time. It's not easy. I hate it. But I think I've become a better person as a result of my experiences. I want to learn from my mistakes, I want to become my best self. I learned I need to become what I'm looking for, instead of projecting it on to another person, who will surely fall off that pedestal. Then as I become that person, people who are similar to me show up in my life, and it's actually a wonderful process.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very true, we attract what we project~ sometimes people wonder why they always end up with the same kind of person?? hmm

2. Jennifer D. profile image68
      Jennifer D.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So very insightful and quite true. Become the person you want to share love with and wait as they enter your life. Then revel in the differences that you have, because there is just enough same-ness to hold you together. Nourish that love, cherish it and watch it blossom.
      And then be grateful that you have another opportunity to love, knowing that nothing lasts forever (because we humans have an expiration date).

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I think it all has to do with aging, like great Scotch that has come of age.

1. frogdropping profile image76
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nicely put ralwus smile

10. Radiance profile image60
    Radianceposted 14 years ago

It gets hard to keep the faith in love. Don't stop believing!

11. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Depends on your definition of love. smile

1. 4tune profile image59
      4tuneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So true, So often what I thought was love and what the other person thought was love were completely different things, LOL!

Oh it can have an expiration date for sure when it turns sour and the other persons idea of love wasn't compatible at all with your idea of love.

You can go from being a "Hopeless Romantic" to someone who could just barf at a romantic movie if you've been lied to, disappointed and hurt enough times. Then anything romantic starts to look like just another trick or lie, At least when it's over exaggerated and too soon.

12. hinckles koma profile image60
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

1. Crush   2. lust  3. Dating  4. Relationship  5. In Love  6. Best sex. 7. Best friends  8. moving In together  9. Fights, Arguments, Jealousy. 10. Love.... / Attachment.   As you can see i have my own issues with Love. I know one thing for sure it doesn't expire just moves out from time to time.  Keep your Head up and your heart Opened.

13. O B One profile image60
    O B Oneposted 14 years ago

As long as your heart beats for the other person it does not have any expiry...

14. humbledhomely profile image35
    humbledhomelyposted 14 years ago

I've realized that love is just one of the many things two people need to have to make a relationship work.

It always works out in the movies just to make you happy and not think about the 10 bucks you've just lost tongue

It'd be cool to run life on just love, but it doesn't work out.

IMO, love is a relative term, that is, always different and ever changing for each person. Love at 3 years old won't be the same at 30.  You don't love your dog the same way you love your car, etc. (I hope)

Sometimes it's lust, sometimes you love the attention. It's not always love, and you need to be more serious with that kind of stuff.

If you're always falling in love, there's a problem that needs changing.

I think love is everlasting, so many think they know what it is and a many few have experienced it.

I fell for it's tricks myself sad

15. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

I guess every marriage goes through moments with your question.

Is it time to let go, or turn up the heat?  Guess it takes two.

I recently sat down and wrote a hub from the heart on the issue.  Sums up my humble opinion of one way to start loving again, sort of... smile  smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Starting-All-OverAgain

16. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Romantic love has an expiration date...when the money runs out.

1. zadrobi profile image60
      zadrobiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you run out of passion, then you're in trouble. Romance doesn't equal money and money will never, ever equal romance. Money will equal an exotic getaway to some tropical island but it's the ideas and effort that add the romance to the perfect situation. Of course, romance to me is a daily effort and not just something special that you spend money on every once in a while. Geez look at me blabber smile

17. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Love is like a garden.  Without effort it goes to ruin.  Keep and care with daily attention and it will beautify and feed you.

18. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

When love is right and whole it doesn't die.  When it isn't completely whole (and therefore, not completely "right", even if it seems like it is) it's a ticking time bomb, waiting for life/circumstances to eventually set it off.  If those circumstances don't happen to occur, the incomplete love can go on, complete with imperfections.

Maybe the trickiest thing to figure out (after the fact) is when love that seemed right turns out not to have been "whole and complete" and ends - not so much because the other person hurt us, but because we learn that we can't always trust our own judgment about what's truly right.

1. glendoncaba profile image74
      glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Trust the collective wisdom of the ancients in your culture.  Unfortunately, the young are too willing to assume superior knowledge.  So we tend to repeat the mistakes of the past.

19. lizy625 profile image60
    lizy625posted 14 years ago

thank you for all the great comments, I take them to heart. I hope we all find a great love, it lasts forever, and we are happy_although reality will do what it wants, and I agree!! I guess love will continue to come and go, it will evolve, but at least I can say I have truly experienced it. Both the good and bad, and I am going to continue trying until I die!!

20. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

The first love(s) is(are) the bags of potato chips that look and taste great, but you finish them in one sitting feeling unfulfilled and unhealthy. They never had a chance to expire because after you consumed all that was to be had, there is nothing left but the idea of the little supplement and satisfaction that came from the initial gratification of something new and tasteful. The final love is one that you come to know before you even open the bag. When you know you're ready, you open the bag and are satisfied simply by the aroma emitted by the bag. If you take good care of the bag, it can last as long as you need it to. If you leave it sitting around, opened and uncared for, it will surely expire before your eyes.
    Corny enough?

21. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

the definition of love certainly keeps changing. have u ever seen couples married for years and years sitting in a restaurant with not a word to say to each other...just eating food and staring at nothing? u ask them...even they will tell u, it's love....just a different kind from the one they fell into!

22. Delilarose316 profile image60
    Delilarose316posted 14 years ago

After 10 years, I gotta say there are times I think its over, but if you wait it out, that feeling goes away. and there you are loving that person all over again in a different way.
    It's weird. Love is ever changing. People just don't seem to have the patience anymore. I just happens me and my man are two stubborn people who don't want to give up. It always gets better. and then I'm always soooooo happy I worked through it.

23. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

There is no expiration date on Love, maybe their is an expiration date regarding the person whom you chose to Love or give your love to.  What people fail to realize is being able to experience such an experience isnt an everyday thing.  It is bestowed to those that are deserving of it as well as responsible to respect it!  Love and what it is to Love it is something that never goes away.  It is something that you are fortunate to experience and keep for the remainder of your life.

Vonda G. Nelson

24. Wonder_Woman profile image58
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Love comes in stages I think, each relationship you love and learn, some love does have an expiation date bc you weren’t meant to be with that person forever, just learn to love for your next relationship, but once you find your true love, it shouldn’t expire. Lol something like that

25. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Love doesn't change, infatuation does. Love in a relationship morfs into a deep loving friendship. So deep you can't imagine life without your partner. Infatuation is important in the begining it bind the relationship as time goes on and your strength wains you develop a much deeper relationship you become partners in life and face the world together.

26. Meaningful Minds profile image58
    Meaningful Mindsposted 14 years ago

I believe that true love never dies.  I have been in an on-going relationship for 16 years and counting.  We are not married yet, and don't really care that we aren't.  We started out as any young couple all in love would be like.  The passion, the clingyness and so on.  Then comes the jealousy and of course the cheatings whether on one or both sides.  Eventually comes the I have had enough of playing the "susy home maker" role.  Couples tend to go thru the rejection and the loss of passion stages. That is totally normal as well, for you can make it passionate whenever you choose too. But sex obviously isn't the most important thing. Respect and understanding is.

We have gone thru pry every stage a relationship could possibly go thru without the "marriage" title behind it.  We have grown up, gotten past, loved, lost, and forgiven, and can say that we are pry better and stronger than we ever have been.  So it all depends on what you are looking for, but your heart knows what's worth the fight.  No experation date here! And the sad thing is we are not even to our 40's yet.

27. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

it is okay to have love and lost, sometimes when you are not searching, it will come to you, I have loved fully once and it didnt end like the way i want it to be, but I am always open to find the love of my life, am not rushing, it will just come to me, i hope it will be soon LOL,

Love doesnt expire, even if you lost a love, the memories are still there, and you still love the person, even though the level isnt the same anymore, you still care..

"I’ve kissed a guy... I’ve kissed guys. I just haven’t felt that thing.... That thing... that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy, and the only thing in focus is you and this person. And you realize that that person is the only person you’re supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. And for one moment you get this amazing gift. And you wanna laugh and you wanna cry, ‘cause you feel so lucky that you’ve found it, and so scared that it’ll go away all at the same time."
    Drew Barrymore; from the movie "Never Been Kissed"

28. beautyrose profile image61
    beautyroseposted 14 years ago

love is unconditional and timeless. But human beings are not perfect so it end up like foods with expiry date. lols

29. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Love can have an Expiration Date...if you allow it. But, if you truly love someone...the Expiration Date...will itself, disappear!

30. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I don't think that love has an expiration but like a rose bush;  without nourishment it will wilt. It can also recover with re-nude care and attention.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

re-nude?
      that usally makes my hunny love me again....

31. spiritactor profile image60
    spiritactorposted 14 years ago

Love has an "expiration" if you imagine it does.  You choose.

I believe love is a pure light that you were born with; and its essence can never be taken from you as it had no beginning and has no end. You can choose who to share it with or offer it to; and it's an endless source.

Those who say "Gee, wish I could believe that1"-- effectively, simply aren't believing themselves.

32. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

yes, it does. And thank god for it! wink

33. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Does Love Have An Expiration Date?

NO! It doesn't have an expiration date. Once, you've loved a person, the only thing that changes is your perception of the person, which gives your love a different feeling.

The individual perception of love is skewed, because of the lack of knowledge and understanding of their life or their own existence.

Love is an emotion. You feel all different kinds of love for people, such as family and friends, acquaintences(who are in a long standing job, but not a true friend) and neighbors.

When you 'fall in' love with someone, only your perception of the feeling you have for that person has really changed your interpretation of the feeling.

Love is eternal, once applied to an single individual. Just your view about your feelings have changed.

1. profile image0

hi guy, dont you ever get tired of being soo so soooo ..thinking all the time?

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, it's a side-effect of clarity. lol

34. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

It does if it smells.....

1. profile image0

like garlic!! lets get kicked out of this thread too!!!
      KIDDING!!!!

35. profile image0

Garlic!!!!! Smelly.(looks around) Hmm, may not be controversial enough.  big_smile

1. profile image0

Nope, you gotta say something like, that smells like Jesus
      or, that smells like an independant thought
      or, that smells like I dont agree with you ....

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ooooh, I thought for sure I was on to something with the Garlic thought. Dang.

36. profile image0

Is that a drug approved by the FDA? lol

37. Scott36 profile image60
    Scott36posted 14 years ago

There are many different types of love.  Unconditional love has no expiration.  Conditional love expires when conditions are not met. Love that has a foundation in lust is quickest to expire.  Many people think they love and tell people they do but the word love is a universal word to express an interest in that person.  Real love outside of family can be attained if the conditions are right. True love never dies just as energy transfers.

38. profile image49
    Krasotkaposted 13 years ago

Unfortunately, the real thing, 'this crazy lil thing called love' does not expire and that sucks! : )

39. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

Love never have any expiration date. its simple...
    Its us who makes our love strong or weak. We start relations with love and end up in extremely bad way..
    What if we take support of compromise. What the matter when we love someone so much that we want to die for that person and after some time we are not giving that person importance.
    Its us who are responsible or who makes love expired.

40. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

This thread popped up when I published a hub this evening, and I was so intrigued by the title that I had to come and add my two cents worth...

If you be love, take then my heart;

In joy, be thou my sun;

Hold fast my hand, and never part;

So share we life as one;

Take thou my days, and in our nights

Our love shall blessèd be;

Where e'er we two with peace abide,

Lives love, eternally.

41. Reviloh profile image60
    Revilohposted 13 years ago

I wrote a haiku the other day and it seems to fit this thread.

The love we once shared
    Now bittersweet memory
    Purest thing I've known.

I don't think love can expire, but i think that it can certainly reach capacity.  If you really love someone passionately, its nearly impossible to to love another with the same conviction simultaneously.  Its not until one truly moves on from one love, the he/she is thoroughly able to love another.  At least thats how I feel...

42. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Not if you follow the "REFRIGIRATE AFTER OPENING" instructions.

43. puebloman profile image61
    pueblomanposted 13 years ago

I think one of the problems we all have is that we live so long. I'm 60 now. At the beginning of the last century a manual worker might have lived to 60, a woman longer if she hadn't died from uncontracepted childbearing. I know a number of people who've split up after 30 years. Had one of them died the year before they parted, everyone would have marked them up for the perfect partnership. Maybe we are not all programmed to stay monogamously together for 60 years . . .

44. kimmymoe profile image60
    kimmymoeposted 13 years ago

I think you are right, No one ever really gets to see the fourth love and if they do they are lucky. By the time you get to the fourth one, you are kind of weary anyway and you may wonder if love was meant for you. For some people the second love finds him/herself cleaning up after the first love, just to reassure the person that there are some good people out there.

45. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Love changes but it never dies completely.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Expiration date for love LOL.... no, you change, your perception changes, your needs change, your emotions change but love ( make sure we are talking about love only)  never changes.
      Even the way you feel love changes,  your passion changes in degrees  but that  love doesn't.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)