every one is born without religion and religion is induced by society?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (39 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

I was reading an blog in which a person made interesting statement that every person is born without religion and parents induce religion in him...what are your views with it?..are parents only reason to believe in particular version of god or is seeking brain trying to find understand with easily available book?..if no one teaches religion..how that child would turn out to be?

1. subhrajyoti profile image60
      subhrajyotiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you made important point..

2. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We live in a loving household with three toddlers and two teenagers. Our family are not religious and the children's schools are not either.
      I have never heard any of my grandchildren mention religion other than to say "that's silly" when they see some TV show that is beneath their standards of thinking anyway.
      No kids are not religious, they are happy and as free as I can help to make them.
      Childhood is for being a kid.
      Leave those kids alone!

important point..

2. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You bring up a really valid point, however, some kids love learning about God.  They really do.  So in essence, I think this is a to each their own issue.

I'm Christian.  My fifteen year old son is Atheist.  Not even scientific proof would get him to believe.  However, he loves learning about religious history.  He is curious about learning different aspects that make up religion. 

I, Earnst, chose to "leave" my kid alone, and he has found religion anyways.  It may not be as conventional as what you are referring too, but, still.......

Sometimes turning such a blind-eye on something, just because we dislike it that much, isn't always the wisest choice.  Do your kids tell you why they make fun of religion? 

My kid can give you very specific reasons as to why he doesn't believe.  He has also been raised to have respect for other people's opinions and lifestyles.  He doesn't make fun at people, not even those on T.V.  Are you sure YOU are doing right by your kids?  You know- you promoting that activity is only allowing them to develop intolerance for other peoples rights.  What if someone wasn't tolerant of YOUR child having blue eyes and so they were picked on for that?

Raising children to hate is a little scary- don't ya thing?  I know I think so. Are you not concerned at all that your children make fun of people?  Do you honestly find that something to brag about?  I mean apparently you do........., but, seriously???

3. CarolineVABC profile image68
      CarolineVABCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All religions are man-made and yes, parents have something to do with their choice and therefore, try to raise their children the same way that they were brought up by their parents.  Children learn values from their parents.  These are the principles that will guide them throughout their lives.  However, I believe that it is important for children to belong in a faith where they can be of fellowship with the same believers which strengthens their character and values, but as they get older, it should be up to them to make their own decisions whether they still want to stay in the same religion or not.  Let's just hope that the values their parents have instilled in them will stay with them for the rest of their lives.  What a very interesting question-thanks for asking this!:-)

4. prettydarkhorse profile image56
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi pisean, to some extent yes, religion is introduced by culture and the family we are first socialized with, Now it will be interesting to find out if Tarzan has a notion of religion or a greater being because he lived with animals. Did he have notions of a greater being etc.?

But there are those who seek the meaning of life etc as they grow older too even though they were socialized to believe there is no GOD. Is it innate for men to seek a higher being because there will always be questions unanswered?

In my own opinion, there will come a point in your life when you ask the meaning of life, seek religion, doubt questions etc. This is the search for happiness.

i agree with your point..at some point or other people try to find meaning of life...but does religion answer those question...may be for most it does...but quiet often it doesnot..but that is altogether different topic...seeking meaning is something which does come...i agree with that..

5. Wendy Krick profile image64
      Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe we are programmed how to think from birth, by our parents our teachers etc. Most people have the beliefs they have because that is what they were taught. I'm personally a free thinker and choose to find my own path...without religion. Religion is the root of so many wars and so much hatred. I choose to love and be at peace.

So yes, babies are taught religion.

agreed...

6. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Like John Lennon said; Imagine there's no Countries, and no religions to!
      Nothing to kill or die for....

the words of his song comming up in my head here as I read this forum.

I really hate to say this but I am finding that the more I dig into Bible study as in Church studies etc, I am finding this is making no sense.

What I am honestly finding that Jesus did say is "not" whats comming out from the pulpits at all. very disapointing for me now. something is truly a-miss.

1. must65gt profile image75
        must65gtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sadly you are correct. People are twisting the words and scriptures to push their wants an desires. But the Bible does state absolutes in how God will deal with those that pervert his words.

7. profile image52
      TREV1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do we feel about CRGE. The company seems to be moving in the right direction, but the volume suggests that its a bit of an unknown company.

please also comment about it.

8. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think our parents introduce us to religion and if they are really passionalte about it, hope that their children believe as they do. ideally, parents should just allow children to seek their own path and answers. i had religion thrust upon me, but i didn't raise my child in any religion. he is free to seek religion if he wants to, and i will respect whatever he does, religion or no religion. he is a good person, moral, kind, compassionate, happy, open-minded and well rounded, and that is fine with me smile

1. earnestshub profile image79

What a joy to see this post!

When people speak with real love they also say who they are. smile

What is major important to me is that you recognise the beauty in your child.
        You have fed watered and sheltered, you have loved and listened to let your child become himself. smile

It says heaps about you as a person Cosette and it's all good. smile

2. Devanni profile image60
    Devanniposted 13 years ago

Absolutely we are born without religion.  An infant's mind cannot concieve of such things.  Babies simply don't think in that manner.  Infants are clean slates - they have no beliefs, values, or morals.  When a child is born, religion simply isn't part of the equation.

1. earnestshub profile image79

And then they become more beautiful every day!
      My 5 year old granddaughter told me that. It's true. smile

1. Devanni profile image60
        Devanniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your granddaughter is a wise and intelliget young lady. smile  I agree completely.

3. must65gt profile image75
    must65gtposted 13 years ago

Everyone obviously is born without religion, that’s a no brainer. But as mentioned by pretty dark horse, people seek a higher being. All creatures have an innate calling to God.
    The different religions are what parents impose on their children (and possibly others they may come in contact with). We are (or were) a faith based society, but some religions are more cult like in their doctrines and revolve around fear and intimidation. The Bible is more than a book filled with useable knowledge that has stood the test of time. Pick a topic and it in its root form can be found mentioned in the Bible and how we are to handle it. Our society is where it is because people throughout history turned from the teachings found in it pages. Civilizations were established with the worship center as the center of society and ALL decisions made within the community were made under the churches scrutiny and how they would relate to Gods teachings. We are where we are now because we separated God and Country. When we took the church out of society as its cornerstone, society made a turn for the worse.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure, the vast majority of people follow their parents religions. That's how religious indoctrination works. smile

That would be a fallacy and a biological misnomer. smile

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How's the fallacy man doing this morning?!

It's all good. Love the new avatar, it seems you get better looking every time you post a new one. smile

1. profile image0

So when are you changing yours to a more REAL one?

Albert was real. smile

1. profile image0

Well, then that proves my point. I can see spirits and communicate with them! See?! What did I tell  you? This was after all a Sixth Sense Moment!

We reaaaaaaaally need to get together and talk. Too bad we're on opposite sides of the continent. smile

1. profile image0

Too bad we're married! wink

2. must65gt profile image75
        must65gtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not going to debate scripture or beliefs, I believe what I believe, you may hold to yours; one of us will be right, but the odds are in my favor.

2. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I long for the day when this type of thinking goes the way of the Doo-Doo bird.

Belief in the supernatural is absurd.

4. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Of course children are born with no concept of religion.  There is no combination of genes that says "Seek out God and you will be happy"

Instead kids are brainwashed into believing the stories and myths by parental actions, words and force ("Yes, you will go to church today!").  Just as they are brainwashed into believing they should treat others with kindness and love.  Just as they are brainwashed into thinking they should not steal.

It is part of being a parent; to instill into our children the beliefs, attitudes and actions that we believe will make them better and happier adults in the years to come.  That parents are often mistaken and wrong doesn't change this - we do the best we can, usually based on the beliefs our own parents instilled in us.

did i ask you whether parents did wrong or right?..why are you shifting the debate?..i was just discussing children are born with religion and children are best lot among humans...smile

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually the OP mentions, though incorrectly "every person is born without religion and parents induce religion in him"; the correct thing is that for children it is a lot easy to understand the concept of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; they can understand it naturally; only the no-religionist parent lead them astray.

You may differ with me

here you are confused my friend ..ironically you call people as confused..spirituality and religion are two different things...religion is answer to spirituality and spirituality is natural..we are wired for that.....no issues with that...dont read too much on it..it was part of evolution which books skipped..now what comes as answer for spirituality is not natural...non religious parents have been able to grow upright kids and level of corruption has been more in many countries who actually run banner of religion with their name...do check report about moral values and see how many countries are religious in that at top of chart?..so dont doubt non religious person's capability in unbringing child..atleast they wont teach their children to get divided for something one cannot see smile

5. anonimuzz profile image61
    anonimuzzposted 13 years ago

Yeah, you gave the answer in your question.

6. SilentReed profile image81
    SilentReedposted 13 years ago

Religion is not the only source for teaching a child morality.  religious fan(atics) seem to believe that they are the only moral force in the universe. paarsurrey, please do not equate religion with morality. they are distant stars apart.

infact global report conveys something quite opposite..religiously less inclined countries are far less corrupted than countries running under banner of religion

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)