We acknowledge Islam and yet we Ignore Isreal why?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (36 posts)
  1. dutchman1951 profile image61
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

Offical communique from the White House.

Ok...so for equal treatment; where is Isreal's greeting, dinner and wishes?

The White House
    Office of the Press Secretary
    August 11, 2010

Statement by the President on the Occasion of Ramadan 1431

On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I want to extend our best wishes to Muslims in America and around the world. Ramadan Kareem.
    Ramadan is a time when Muslims around the world reflect upon the wisdom and guidance that comes with faith, and the responsibility that human beings have to one another, and to God. This is a time when families gather, friends host iftars, and meals are shared. But Ramadan is also a time of intense devotion and reflection - a time when Muslims fast during the day and pray during the night; when Muslims provide support to others to advance opportunity and prosperity for people everywhere. For all of us must remember that the world we want to build - and the changes that we want to make - must begin in our own hearts, and our own communities.
    These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam's role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings. Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality. And here in the United States, Ramadan is a reminder that Islam has always been part of America and that American Muslims have made extraordinary contributions to our country. And today, I want to extend my best wishes to the 1.5 billion Muslims around the world - and your families and friends - as you welcome the beginning of Ramadan.
    I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.

May God's peace be upon you.

I say we call for Impeachment, it is time for this Garbage to leave the White House.

dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Will some one who can please correct the mis-spelled typo in the Title
      Should be Israel, not what I typed. Sorry

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
        Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Impeach the president because he ackowleges Ramadan? It's not the president's fault that you're predudice againt Muslims. If you don't like the letter, don't read it!

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
          Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe if he put a wreath on the graves of dead nazi soldiers Americans would be more comfortable with him.

http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id342.htm

2. profile image0
      Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First of all, impeaching requires more than you just not liking a letter. Grow up. Do you not think we support Israel enough? Do you know who funds and trained and supplied them for all of these years? Seriously, grow up little boy.

1. whomtheSonsetFree profile image60
        whomtheSonsetFreeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am so very weary of people w/out a clue, who spread the lies that the USA funds Israel! Read & see EXACTLY  "What the Palestinians buy with American money" And see how much money that IS which is funding TERRORISM.

At a joint press conference w/Fayyad, Clinton announced the US will give the PA an $150 million MORE in aid to supplement the $400 million in  Obama pledged in June. This supplement comes in response to Fayyad's claim that he needs $500 million to close his budget shortfall. According to the Congressional Research Service, the PA is the largest recipient of foreign assistance in the world. According to Bloomberg, it received $1.2 billion in 2009 & will receive $1.8 billion by the end of the year.

The US provided the PA with $500.9 million in 2009 and, before Clinton's announcement, was scheduled to provide it with $550 million in 2011. This assistance does not include US financial support for UNRWA, an agency devoted exclusively to providing welfare benefits to Palestinians while subordinating itself to a Palestinian political agenda. The US is the single largest donor to UNRWA. Last year the $268 million US taxpayers gave the UN agency constituted 27 percent of UNRWA's budget.

Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, responded negatively to Clinton's announced expansion of US aid to the PA. In a statement released by her office last Thursday, Ros-Lehtinen derided the assistance as a "bailout."

She further commented, "It is deeply disturbing that the administration is continuing to bail out the Palestinian leadership when they continue to fail to meet their commitments, under international agreements and requirements outlined in US law, including dismantling the Palestinian terrorist infrastructure, combating corruption, stopping anti-Israel and anti-Semitic incitement and recognizing Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state."

Ros-Lehtinen authored the Palestinian Anti-Terrorism Act of 2006, which conditioned US assistance to the PA on, among other things, "publicly acknowledge[ing] the Jewish state of Israel's right to exist."

While on the mark, Ros-Lehtinen's statement only scratches the surface of how contrary to US law and the goals of Palestinian economic development and peace US financial assistance to the Palestinians truly is.

PROVIDING DIRECT budgetary assistance to Fayyad isn't the only way the US finances Hamas. It also contributes to Hamas by funding UNRWA. US assistance to UNRWA has doubled in the last four years, largely as a way of avoiding providing direct aid to Hamas. Yet the CRS report notes, "In Gaza, most observers acknowledge that the role of UNRWA in providing basic services (i.e., food, health care, education) takes much of the governing burden off Hamas."

A Framework of Cooperation agreement signed this year between UNRWA and the US sets out 15 steps for UNRWA to expand its terror screening. But the agreement is nonbinding. Moreover, its provisions in no way block terror-linked individuals or groups from receiving aid from UNRWA.

In truth, given the PA's refusal to recognize Israel's right to exist or take sustained, decisive action against terrorism, there is really no way for the US to continue funding it without breaking its own laws. But acknowledging this state of affairs would involve admitting that the peace process is a lie and that any Palestinian state that is formed today will be a terrorist state at war with Israel.

The new Congress might want to consider these basic truths before it approves further aid to Fayyad and his moderate government.

1. profile image49
          rcbeltzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please help me understand.  The US is supplying aid (money) to the Palestinian Authority and Hamas and Iran is supplying money and weapons to Hamas.  How does this benefit US interests?  Clearly it undermines Israel's security.  Further, if "the PA is the largest recipient of foreign (US?) assistance in the world, receiving $1.2 billion in 2009  [and] will receive $1.8 billion by the end of the [2011]", why is this fact not widely touted in the Mulsim world in an attempt to offset some of the negative press against American policy? I know that sounds naïve but why aren't we doing more on the "marketing' front to make Muslims aware of the vast quantities of Western dollars that are sent their way?

3. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do realize it is Israel, and not Isreal?

So whose wanting whom impeached?

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is way past time.

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To Acknowledge Truth, is Propriety ... to deny, is hypocritical ...
      Islam, and for that matter, a True Belief, does not need Barak Obama's or anyone else's Certification .

And, it is important to know, that Israel, is the name, of a Prophet of God ... Peace be upon him ... from amongst his progeny are the Zionists ... as are of Prophet Lot ... Peace be Upon him.

That it is sheer hypocrisy,  to name a Politically carved State, after a Noble Prophet of God ... it is hypocisy.

2. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

It would help you make your point if you spelled communique correctly as well.

thank you Sally, am fixin it now, smile

3. profile image0
    RFoxposted 13 years ago

Obama also marked the start of Passover with a "private Seder in the executive mansion".

This happened earlier this year at the start of Passover.

They also had huge Christmas celebrations last year too. I'm not really understanding your point.

I did not remember him doing this at all, I stand corrected, then he may well be showing equal acknowledgements,

but I was under the impression that it was a very limited Seeder, not a State function, like it should have been. He made the Iftar an official function I believe.

I do not believe Israel is recognized like it should be, as equal,  is what I am saying

1. Rasman1 profile image60
        Rasman1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why is it that people that Hate Obama can never get their facts right. You called the President garbage for explaining exactly what Ramadan is. The you accuse him of not acknowledging Israel. What do you mean by that? What acknowledgment are you talking about. Get your facts straight read the article then make your nonfactual comments. Geez this is getting pathetic by the Obama haters.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/obama-in-pa … e-1.266786

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We only send them $2 billion/year. Netanyahu spoke to Congress when he was last hear. And just about every time he opens his mouth he insults the US. But most important he has been totally intransigent about peace issues with Palestine. Most recently he announced another batch of housing in East Jerusalem.

I don't remember whether there was a dinner for Netanyahu at the White House or not last time he was here.

To answer your question the US certainly doesn't ignore Israel or slight it in any way.

2. whomtheSonsetFree profile image60

EXCUSE ME? Why then was that not broadcast hmmm? I don't believe it. The current oval office sitter who claimed to be Christian jabbers all over the place how "there are "many?" ways to Heaven. That''s a lie...much like most of what has come out of this administration. My opinion, I'm entitled. TODAY

1. colonial82 profile image61
        colonial82posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was broadcast, it is always broadcast.  How dare you say "claimed to be Christian"? Who are you to judge someone else's believe?

" "there are "many?" ways to Heaven"

Uhm, many Christians believe that, so why are you criticizing the President of the United States for that?  Show me PROOF that it is a lie.

Yes that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you are wrong.

4. profile image0
    RFoxposted 13 years ago

Yep, he celebrated Passover, then Easter...he also celebrated Diwali (the Hindu festival of lights) and now Ramadan.

smile

1. profile image0

What was his Easter celebration like?   I don't recall him doing that.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOL

Im that wot god sed in ur hed? As wot jeeeebus dun?

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/04/Obama%20Easter%20Bunny.jpg

I dont recall u tellin wot jeebus sed bout wimmin preeechin.

1. profile image0

Actually, Mark, if I remember correctly, one of the first "preachers" of the Gospel (the good news that Christ had risen) was a woman, who went to tell the disciples that He had risen.

Wot ya tink 'bout dat now?

Maybe you could go look dat up in ye Bible.  Or not.  Whatevah.

2. profile image0
        RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He celebrated Easter with his family at an Episcopal church in SE Washington.

1. profile image0

I'm shocked.
          But okay.

1. profile image0
            RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep. This was also written in newspapers about Obama:

**President Obama also noted that, for now, he and his family have decided to attend a single church, rather than multiple locations across the U.S., so as to avoid disrupting congregations with press, etc.

He also said that he enjoys attending the chapel services at Camp David because “it’s just families up at Camp David. There’s a wonderful chaplain up there who does just a great job. And so usually when we go to Camp David, we go to church on Sundays there.”**

3. whomtheSonsetFree profile image60

Obama says this and Obama SAYS that...most of it is only political jibber jabber. He does not one thing without a motive. One thing that I do know about Obama is that he is NO Christian. The Bible says "And you shall know them by their fruit" Obama's "fruit" is rotten

1. colonial82 profile image61

"Obama says this and Obama SAYS that...most of it is only political jibber jabber."

Who are you to judge someone else's faith?  Does it say in the Bible that it is a SIN to judge others?  Yes, it does.

"thing that I do know about Obama is that he is NO Christian."

Prove it.  There are over 1,000 forms of Christianity in the US alone. Are you going to tell me that you know each one of them?  Otherwise you can not judge what a Christian might be or not be.

You should not throw stones when you live in a glass house.

5. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

I think he's acknowledged every major religion in the United States. Officially, the United States government more than acknowledges Israel, we practically bankroll it. Israel would struggle to survive without money and military support provided by U.S. taxpayers (and U.S. debt).

There are 1 billion Muslims in the world, 1 billion Hindus, and 2 billion Christians. Several other religions have hundreds of millions of members. There are 15-20 million Jewish people, yet even the possibility that the president has overlooked a holy day in the Jewish calendar has a critic calling him garbage.

1. whomtheSonsetFree profile image60

He doesn't celebrate the birth of Christ nor the season of His resurrection. He, if anything, just bought into it materially as are most these days. Christmas is not about presents-though God gave us the greatest Present ever known to man.

And Easter is not about hiding eggs and playing with bunny rabbits. That is a pagan ritual. My point is he can do these types of things and still slide under the "line" to people who don't yet know the difference.

1. John Holden profile image59
        John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is it normal Christianity to be so hate filled and angry?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pretty much.

1. John Holden profile image59
            John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thought so!

2. colonial82 profile image61

John,

No, only some act like this, especially those that don't actually read their Bibles.  Christians are not suppose to judge others and that it is a sin to do so.

Have a good day.

6. stunnercold profile image76
    stunnercoldposted 12 years ago

I say we need more people like him in the WHouse.

7. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Hey Dutchman. Would it make you feel more comfortable if we put a fiddler on the roof of the White House?

Impeach the guy because you think he said Happy Celebration a little more sincerely to one group than another? Nah.

8. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 12 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)