Can You Give Motivational Tips To Exercise?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. nathaniel86 profile image57
    nathaniel86posted 13 years ago

I want to get into shape but I lack the motivation. Any exercises I can do to get started and stay motivated with?

1. Aiden Roberts profile image69
      Aiden Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pretty sure if you type exercises into the hub search box you will get hundreds.
      Good luck and welcome

1. adamradin profile image60
        adamradinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have to do what you love to do in order for you to stay motivated.
        There are a lot of fun exercise ideas you can apply.

For example, if you like playing cards I'm sure you will love the Fitness Card Game. It can be done with your families, couples, training partners or solo. Contact me personally if you like to know more about the game, I'll send the game manual to you.

I maybe new in the HubPages, but I do have years of experiences in the fitness industry.

2. selfbetter profile image60
      selfbetterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely love Nordic Walking. Once leaned how to walk with poles (to some it comes naturally, others need to learn, but it's really easy), I couldn't even imagine going for a walk without them (the same kind of feeling people with 4wheel drives have when then drive the primitive 2 wheel drive cars).

NW burns 60% more calories than regular walking, it doesn't damage joints like running, and uses about 90% of all muscles. It's like working out in a gym but without smelling other people's sweat.

The only problem in some parts of the world is feeling uncomfortable because of other people's reaction ("Yes sir, I know it's not winter and no, I didn't loose my skis!"), but the truth is that NW is becoming more and more popular all over the world (in Germany the government refunds NW poles to some patients). I usually drive my car to a nearby forest and walk by myself (listening to podcasts, etc.). I absolutely love it (and my back hasn't bothered me since I started almost 2 years ago).

1. joshuanoerr profile image61
        joshuanoerrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To say Nordic walking uses 90% of all muscles is silly. Living life and going to work uses 100% of all muscles. To what degree they are used is what determines fitness.

The guy's goals should determine what kind of program he uses. If he wants to get bigger and stronger, Nordic walking is completely useless.

1. selfbetter profile image60
          selfbetterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you use all of your muscles just by going to work? Interesting.

Nordic Walking is pleasant and very effective, therefore it is a perfect exercise for those who lack motivation for exercising. And it works for those who want to get "bigger and stronger". Just try it for half an hour and see how you feel the next day (similar feeling as after going to gym).

3. joshuanoerr profile image61
      joshuanoerrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No one exercise is going to get you motivated. But this will:

Take a picture in a bathing suit and email it to a friend. Tell the friend if at the end of 6 months you haven't been going to the gym, to post the pic to HotOrNot.com.

If public humiliation doesn't motivate you, nothing will

2. mrpopo profile image73
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

Don't try so much to find a specific exercise - instead, try to just exercise! What I mean is to just go and do the exercises that you know of - maybe jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups (depending on what your goal is, of course). Start off slow and work your way up. The bottom line is this though: once you start it is tough, but if you stick with it you'll find results and the motivation will soon follow.

Don't wait for inspiration. Action creates inspiration. So go get started smile and good luck!

1. nathaniel86 profile image57
      nathaniel86posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks! smile

3. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

I think that the best exercises are those aerobic (such as running, cycling, swimming) because you will feel better and this will leads you to be more motivated.

4. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I don't know what the best exercise is, it's different for everbody, but if it's just motivation you need, stand in front of a full-length mirror completely naked first thing in the morning and take a good long look at yourself.  Unless you see Taylor Lautner looking back at you, that ought to be enough motivation to get you started.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was going to say. I've got a huge mirror in my room and I never lack motivation to exercise. For cheap big mirrors do a search for "gym mirror". You can get those huge mirrors they use to cover entire walls at the gym and it's much cheaper than buying one of those mirrors with the elaborate carved frames.

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the mirror can definitely be a powerful motivator. as well as how you feel after you start exercising. I do different forms of exercise, but sometimes if I'm not in the mood, I remember how I feel once I get going. It's a win-win, just start doing something and if you have an exercise buddy, it helps!
      if nothing else, start walking briskly in a park setting or around the block, it's good exercise and it's proven that walking in a natural setting helps our mood.

5. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

I can only speak for myself.  I am exercising regularly now, but I won't do it unless I'm accomplishing something else at the same time.  Like walking my dog.

My exercise has to be outdoors, too.  That's what motivates me.  Some people are going to play a sport, and others don't mind walking on a treadmill while they listen to their IPod.  For still others, they do best with a group exercise class.

Find something that you really enjoy.  That's the trick.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tell yourself you cant't get into HP without having done 30 minutes of any exercise you can think of doing, may be that will work if you are strict!

6. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

You will live longer.  You will be healthier.  You will sleep better, feel better, look better, be stronger, sexier and smarter.

Isn't that enough motivation?

7. seb1a profile image59
    seb1aposted 13 years ago

Watch some movies with Jason Statham and you should get enough motivation. Than you can find some good exercises on bodybuilding

8. sabrinaaq profile image60
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

Try running on the treadmill but tape a picture of your family in view so when u are running you will be looking at them and that should keep you motivated smile

9. wilsonallen01 profile image59
    wilsonallen01posted 13 years ago

There are two exercises in the world that are very good and effective for weight loss.

1) Jogging in the morning.

2) Swimming.

These two are the best exercises to reduce your weight.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)