Hub is not being indexed (google, yahoo and bing)

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (30 posts)
  1. EnergyAdvisor profile image66
    EnergyAdvisorposted 13 years ago

My hub about landscaping4home is still not indexed by any of the search engines. Usually I get at least indexed at one of the three. It's been over a week now. My other Hubs got indexed really fast (within two days).

Do I miss something here? I don't know if I did something wrong.
    I did put two affiliate links in it but I can't imagine if that's the problem.
    Anyone got an idea of this?

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

A couple of backlinks can help in such situations.

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I have found that sometimes it takes a while, I have a new site about a week old and still not listed with google. I have had traffic but thats from forums where I asked for input and happily got a few back links to others sites on similar topics. I have my fingers crossed that all this work I am doing now while its waiting to be listed will improve the performance when it is listed smile

4. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I see that it's got plenty of backlinks, so that isn't the issue. I also noticed that your RedGage link (that is indexed) uses the same text as the beginning of your hub. Just a complete guess here, but could Google have seen the two as duplicate and only indexed the one? Like I said, complete guess...

EnergyAdvisorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's about the backlinks. That's what kept me busy the last week.
      I thought google doesn't see excerpts as duplicate???

5. Susana S profile image90
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Yeh, I've seen this before where the titles and descriptions are the same. The bookmark gets indexed but the actual article doesn't. Better to create a new title and description for the bookmark.

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Take some of the advice given above.

But here's another, general, piece of advice.

Don't worry about backlinks, indexing or SEO (except maybe some keyword knowledge) till you have at least 30 hubs.

It will take you that long to discover what works for you, what hubs are getting good traffic and what ones are just going to be flops forever.

Even the best keyworded, backlinked and SEO'd hubs can flop for unknown reasons. Google is a fickle master.

7. EnergyAdvisor profile image66

Thank you very much for all the advice.

I will lookup my descriptions and titles.
    I know that with 7 hubs you can't really analyze what's working. But what I did till now kind of works for me. I write a Hub, build backlinks and rank pretty well. Look at "warrior quotes", "acetic acid". My strategy was: I want to be on the first page and I'm gonna promote it till I am on the first page.
    Making money with them is something else because those two aren't making any except for a few cents a day. But I do like the traffic. For those two hubs I have around 90 visitors a day.

But thanks for all the quick responses.smile

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you really are worried you can submit the URL directly to Google and it will definitely be crawled quickly.

http://www.google.com/addurl/

How many times do I have to do that?smile No, just kidding... I already did that in the beginning.

8. PR_am profile image59
    PR_amposted 13 years ago

I looked at your landscaping hub and didn't see a problem with the content. Even though Google frowns at duplicate titles and descriptions, it made it clear on the webmasters tool that such will not stop Google from indexing but will affect performance.

Instead of submitting your url to Google directly, why don't you try tweeting it. Tweet with different phrases few times every other day.

I have found out that Twitter is a new "sitemap" for search engines and have used it to get Google to index faster some of my web pages that are slow to get indexed. Just my personal experience though and may not hold water in any SEO argument. But still wouldn't hurt to try it out.

9. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I just checked by hubs, and I have some which are 5 or 6 days old and have not yet been indexed too hmm

Despite having some newer ones which have. As per the above individual, I do tweet every hub!

1. PR_am profile image59
      PR_amposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tweeting systematically does the magic for me. I made it clear it's my personal experience

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you know that using Twitter 'does the magic' for you? It normally takes less than 24 hours for my Hubpages to be indexed irrespective of whether or not I tweet. That is the whole point in this site, the ease. Anyway, nothing is doing the magic for me just now. There have been delays in indexing before, and I suspect that there is a delay in indexing now.

1. PR_am profile image59
          PR_amposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My earlier comment says "some of my web pages that are slow to get indexed" not necessarily Hubpages. It's possible that there is a general delay here like you pointed out.

But the person who posted this thread may still try tweeting, that is if the person doesn't already

1. profile image0

Yes the person can try tweeting, I could not care less.

The point is that a problem does appear to exist, and that Tweeting is not going to work. I know this because I tweet every single one of my Hubpages immediately, and some of those are still not indexed after 10 days. That is unusual for Hubpages, although I have seen this occur before.

2. EnergyAdvisor profile image66

I do tweet them.

10. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

In fact I have loads from the last 10 days which haven't....

Does this suggest that they could be behind? I may hold off from publishing until I am confident that this is simply a delay.

11. EnergyAdvisor profile image66

I just found out that some of my links from my "landscaping" hub are posted without the "http://". Can this be a factor too for not being indexed? I think I've read that somewhere.
    Is my link too long?

1. profile image0

When you click on the link, does it take you to the hubpage? If it doesn't then the backlink will be of no value.

yes they go to the hubpage that's not the problem.

1. profile image0

The answer is to just wait then, they all get indexed eventually. This problem has existed before, and was eventually overcome.

At one point early in the year I had over 30 hubs which had not been indexed, some several weeks old. They were eventually all indexed on the same day, suggesting some sort of busy period for the crawlers (or more likely a Google technical fault).

I suspect that the launch of Google Instant has kept them all busy and (whilst I am fully aware that the crawlers are not human), this could have had an effect... temporary movement of human resource etc... there will be a simple explanation.

Thanks a lot Ryankett, for all the info.
            And thanks everybody else:)

I'll just wait a while longer and see what happens.

12. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Okay, silly question,hmm but i still have to ask nonetheless.
    How does one check if a hub has been indexed.

1. profile image0

You can just search the URL, if it comes up then it is indexed. If it doesn't, then its not.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, I have a hub published on the 27th of Aug and one on the 29th that are not indexed.  Others more recent are, though.  And one only slightly more recent was indexed, but is no longer.

You're not alone - I don't know anything to do except wait.

2. viryabo profile image93
        viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Ryankett. smile

13. PurpleOne profile image79
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

I was having a lot of trouble with my hubs not indexing and it made me feel like I didn't want to publish anymore because what was the point? Most of them eventually did index a few weeks later but I still have a few that just won't index. Actually, I have a few that indexed right away, but then deindexed.. some of them came back and some of them just didn't. hmm

14. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Try submitting it to "submit express.com" and they will submit it to all the worlds biggest search engines for free. And they will do it for free. It takes approx 3 days to get indexed in total. It is an excellent service and Google, Bing,Yahoo and Alta Vista are all included in there. Cheers!

15. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Have you pinged?  pingler.com and submitexpress.com seem alright.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)