Final Leg of the First phase of the 60dc2 - 30 in 30 - You can do it!

Jump to Last Post 51-78 of 78 discussions (104 posts)
  1. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

do we have guidance for the next phase?

1. sunforged profile image72
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

in under an hour

1. Mutiny92 profile image64
        Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow SF - you are very responsive!  ;-) 

Now for my next request:  ....

1. sunforged profile image72
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok took two hours -

whats next, tweak week

Tweak Week - h ttp://hubpages.com/hub/Maximizing-online-profits

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Thank you Sunforged, off to read. smile big_smile

3. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Thansk Cags - as per your question - when does phase 2 begin - when is tweak week over - soft start - the 24th-ish

4. Cagsil profile image71

Cool. smile Thank you again. smile big_smile

5. Morgan F profile image60
    Morgan Fposted 13 years ago

Congratulations everybody it looks like we're all seeing great results. Looking forward to phase two!

6. viking305 profile image93
    viking305posted 13 years ago

Yes I finally completed my 30 hubs last night!  So relieved and look forward to the next stage.

Off to read Sunforged hub on it now.

7. Smart Rookie profile image60
    Smart Rookieposted 13 years ago

My 30 hubs are done! 30 hubs in...32 days. But still 30 hubs!

8. Cagsil profile image71

Good job Smart Rookie!

Now it's time to tweak week! Check out Sunforged's Hub on the next phase. smile

And, Congrats again to everyone! Excellent job! smile

9. sunforged profile image72

Ya'll 60Dcers want to do our own version of extreme hub makeover during  the last days of Tweak Week?

anyone who wants to submit a hub they feel they have optimized well  - and the rest of us take notes/ make suggestions?

1. englightenedsoul profile image57
      englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am all for it.  Where do I submit the hub..In the dedicated 60dc forum??

2. lakeerieartists profile image63
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am interested in this.  Certainly not an expert.

10. sunforged profile image72

i guess extreme makeover forum here will do

just give us a link to the post here

11. englightenedsoul profile image57
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago
  12. sunforged profile image72

Is anyone else interested?

_________________NEWS___________________________

Tony (LeanMan) has attempted to get a 30 Day recap from many via email - but commentary has not been forthcoming..

So for any who havent received the email:

ust want to ask some simple questions, there may be some hubs feeding this back, if you do not want to be named/used/abused in this way please say so and your feedback will just be used to try to help you and others (No naming and shaming here..)

How has the publishing gone? Have you published all 30? Problems?

Any insights regarding on page SEO or using HP?

Any revelations regarding keyword research or any other aspects?

Anything that you still don’t get?

Improvements;

Hubber score / hubscores

Traffic?

HP vs Google?

Earnings?

Adsense?

Amazon?

The 60DC process;

Using the forum?

Understanding what was expected of you?

Anything else that you want to share?

Do you intend to continue with phase 2? Or are you now worn out from phase 1?

I hope that you can find time to reply in the next day or two so that we can have some feedback from as many challengers as possible.

Regards

Tony (Leanman)
    __________________________________________________________-

Your feedback will help me (SF) figure out holes in our communication and react to them during the next 30 (25?) days.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I responded here, so everyone can read it, not just DCers. smile big_smile

My responses are in BOLD type within your text above. smile

13. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I will email Tony today about this, haven't received the email about this.

I also posted in hub makeover forum this one -- this is my first month to write amazon hubs so let us see. smiles

Thank you.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/54209#post1236094

14. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Also did not get an email.  Will get on this.  smile

15. Wendy Krick profile image65
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

So for any who haven't received the email:No e-mail received

ust want to ask some simple questions, there may be some hubs feeding this back, if you do not want to be named/used/abused in this way please say so and your feedback will just be used to try to help you and others (No naming and shaming here..)

How has the publishing gone? Have you published all 30? Problems?I'm done smile

Any insights regarding on page SEO or using HP? not really

Any revelations regarding keyword research or any other aspects? no

Anything that you still don’t get?No, I'm good.

Improvements;

Hubber score / hubscores went up

Traffic?I just started noticing big increase this week.

HP vs Google?

Earnings?My google earnings have gone up I've been averaging $2 a day which is huge for me.

Adsense?up!

Amazon? Hit 7% yesterday.I'm at 144 sales so far this month. I also sold 2 items from one of my 60 day hubs

The 60DC process;

Using the forum? yes

Understanding what was expected of you? yes

Anything else that you want to share? not at the moment
    Do you intend to continue with phase 2? Or are you now worn out from phase 1?I will be continuing

16. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

How has the publishing gone? Have you published all 30? Problems? Yes, I published all 30

Any insights regarding on page SEO or using HP?Probably the captions on pictures as an SEO role.

Any revelations regarding keyword research or any other aspects?not really

Improvements;

Hubber score / hubscoresYes, I hit 100 during the first phase

Traffic?it is up

HP vs Google?

Earnings?overall, up

Adsense?This is up pretty reasonably

Amazon?strangely, this is down a lot from last month - I have no idea why though.

The 60DC process;

Using the forum?Yes

Understanding what was expected of you?Yes

Do you intend to continue with phase 2? Or are you now worn out from phase 1?absolutely!

17. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the feedback mutiny, Cags, Wendy, Lake, Surfi, and those others that have replied...
    I have posted the email within the 60DC forum with my personal email...

I will be creating some sort of summary from the feedback that I receive..

18. Pro Design Source profile image60
    Pro Design Sourceposted 13 years ago

I never received an email either.

How has the publishing gone? Have you published all 30? Problems? Yep, published 30

Any insights regarding on page SEO or using HP? Yes -  a lot. As a pretty new hubber, I can say that I really learned a lot from all of the participants (whether they know it or not). I tried to keep track of all of my Aha! moments in my hublog.

Any revelations regarding keyword research or any other aspects? Yes - I started out writing hubs based on KW research via TKA. I did write a few hubs that had absolutely no KW research. A couple of those have turned out better than I thought they would.

Anything that you still don’t get? Yes - lots wink

Improvements;

Hubber score / hubscores Yes, hubscore has risen since the beginning of challenge

Traffic? Traffic is up as can be seen on my screen shots in the hublog.

HP vs Google? not sure what this question is asking about

Earnings? up, of course, I'm new to this so anything is considered up wink

Adsense? I like the way my daily average is trending.

Amazon? Had 0 sales to start with and am up to 10 right now.

The 60DC process;

Using the forum? I am comfortable using the 60dc forum, but found that I rarely went there.

Understanding what was expected of you? Sort of, I understood that there were 30 hubs required in 30 days, and that the second half is about promotion, but I am still unclear on exactly what we will be doing next.

Do you intend to continue with phase 2? Or are you now worn out from phase 1? I will definitely be continuing with Phase 2. I have learned so much & I can't thank Sunforged, Wavegirl enough for their help and guidance throughout.

I also have to say Thank you! to LeanMan. A diligent commenter for sure! Thanks for your support in this challenge. I wish I could have made it around to more 60dc2er's hubs for commenting. It takes quite a bit of time!! So, again - LeanMan & everyone else who took the time to comment - Thanks!

19. billyaustindillon profile image62
    billyaustindillonposted 13 years ago

Tony - LeanMan thanks for your effort - answered most of these on Skype - main thing I learnt was the importance of keyword and competition and team efforts etc. Traffic up and adsense earnings up - Amazon haven't seen too much clicks there. Hubscore has never gone up btw - I guess I marked there:)

Thanks to the two Tony's, Izzy, Jane, Shaz and Chaz, SF and Wavegirl and Natasha in particular lots of patience and teamwork - I appreciate it! Phase 2 sounds like so much to learn from. I look forward to working with the rest of the challengers that I haven't done with yet.

20. humagaia profile image58
    humagaiaposted 13 years ago

Tony (LeanMan) has attempted to get a 30 Day recap from many via email - but commentary has not been forthcoming..

So for any who havent received the email: Did not receive either - you sure you sent it?

How has the publishing gone? Completed the 30 with a couple of days to spare but did not publish all that fitted in with my subjects. This will possibly leave a hole when trying to link to others in the 2nd half. My subjects changed from my original intentions as it became apparent that, had I continued with my intended subjects, I would not have completed 20, let alone 30.

Have you published all 30? Problems? Yes, having undertaken to read and comment on all possible 60DC hubs I find it a little annoying that most others did not. I base this on the fact that quite a few of my hubs received no feedback at all. I know the pressure was on but hey - even an indication that you had passed my way would have been good. Very disappointed in this aspect of the challenge.

Any insights regarding on page SEO or using HP? Still finding  my SEO feet and much yet to learn. Not using Amazon, just adsense at the moment. HP left-hand insert capsule function great as well as the copy template function as you start the hub creation. Would be even better if could create real templates - with borders, rss feeds etc. for general personal use.

Yes, whatever you choose is hardly ever what the searchers enter that finally end up on your hub. You may rank high for a keyword - but that invariably is not what the serafer shows up as having used to find you. 

Improvements; Find the 60DC forum counter intuitive and hate going there. My computer is not the most powerful, and has not got a large screen so keeping open several programs is very difficult and it slows my machine down to almost going backwards when I need to move from one window to the next.

Hubber score / hubscores  Hubberscore improved a few points. Hub scores - finding it difficult to break into the 90's. Very frustrating system as it can have a negative impact on morale when you get the score up only to find that it drops for no apparent reason.

Traffic? Doubled approx. but that may be due to new hubs coming online.

HP vs Google? HP traffic is down. Google is up a lot.

Earnings? Clicks in adsense more regular, values not great, daily average up slightly I would estimate.

Adsense? as above

Amazon? Do not use

The 60DC process; Doing it the way I think I need to do it. Completed the 30, now tweaking and publishing summaries, will move on to promotion when that complete.

Using the forum? Can never find what I think should be there.

Understanding what was expected of you? 2nd 30 days a little hazy on. Think know what to do but hazy on interactions required.

Anything else that you want to share? I have found at least a dozen 60Dcers that have helped me tremendously. They know who they are and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Meeting and discussing with them the many aspects of the challenge has been a revelation and many light-bulbs have been turned on.

Worn out (not due to challenge) but anticipating a great 2nd half. I shall most definitely be continuing. And beyond the challenge also.

I hope that you can find time to reply in the next day or two so that we can have some feedback from as many challengers as possible.

Hope this helps! Humagaia

21. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

@Humagaia I have to admit that I am one of the 60DCers that did comment much on other hubs during the first phase.  My life just got too ridiculously busy due to other things, and I plan to make that up the next few weeks.  I barely squeaked my hubs out at all.  But I watched yours pop up on my screen and want to dig in.  Very interested.  smile

22. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

Sorry, Humagaia, but work and life commitments change rapidly - 12 - 16 hour days leave little time for reading and commenting on Hubs.

Like lakeerie, due to an unforeseen increase in workload, I barely had time to complete my own Hubs during the first phase - the paid work always has to come first, I am afraid!

Ultimately, if your page views and Adsense rise over the next few weeks, then that is the most important thing smile

23. sunforged profile image72

Everyone get a chance to see Sufi's Interview?

http://hubpages.com/about/interview/Sufidreamer

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice one SF nice and interesting qs. And Sufi, - "a hippy writer", smiles!

Tony, Hope you received my email!

24. englightenedsoul profile image57
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

How has the publishing gone? Have you published all 30? Problems?

Yes, I am done with all my 30 hubs.  There were a few problems but that was due to my laziness and bit of change in my schedule.

Any insights regarding on page SEO or using HP?

Well, I would recommend sunforged's 60dc tutorial hub on "On-page SEO on hubpages".  He has it all covered.

Again, I would recommend Sunforged brialliant tutorial hub named "How to find keywords that makes money".  It is really a must read.

Nothing in particular.  I just have doubts and the team resolves it.

Improvements;
    My traffic has really improved, It is almost double from when I started the challenge.  Adsense has slightly increased and I am really doing well on the amazon front.

Hubber score / hubscores

No significant change in hubber score.  Still around the 90-91 mark.

Traffic?

Almost double

HP vs Google?

Most of my traffic comes from google.

Earnings?
    15% increase in my earnings.

Adsense?
    Almost the same except for the slight increase.

Amazon?
    Amazon is really doing well.

The 60DC process;

Using the forum?

Yes

Understanding what was expected of you?

I think I understand what is expected of me.  Though I may have not been commenting that much, but I hope to improve that as I now have more time in my hand.

No.

I definitely want to continue with phase 2.  Phase 2 has always been my favorite;)

25. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

So for any who haven't received the email: Did not see one.

How has the publishing gone? Have you published all 30? Problems? I'm done, took 32 days I think.

Any insights regarding on page SEO or using HP? I lost the use of wonder wheel and can't find it.

Any revelations regarding keyword research or any other aspects? Getting better at it this go-round.

Anything that you still don’t get? Anyone know what happened to Wonder Wheel? Probably I missed some announcment from Google.

Improvements;

Hubber score / hubscores about the same, but more Hubs are reaching 100 at the same time this round.
    Traffic? Gradual increase.
    Earnings? Increased more in proporation to traffic this times than in 60dc.
    Adsense? up
    Amazon? About the same.

The 60DC process;
    Using the forum? not as much as I want to do. no time.
    Understanding what was expected of you? yes
    Anything else that you want to share? no
    Do you intend to continue with phase 2? Yes

26. sunforged profile image72

smile

When Google created Google Instant they set your search preferences to automatically use Instant

If you go to your google search and look to the right of the search box you see the option to turn Google instant off (its above, your Safesearch options)

Turn Instant off and the wonder wheel option will reappear

tada!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's more like it. Tricky Google LOL smile Thanks sunforged.

27. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 13 years ago

I haven't received the email.

I finished the 30 hubs in 30 days but I just tweaked my summary hub to shorten some of the descriptions and added tag word hummary today thanks to Miata as I somehow didn't know I needed to do that. 

My traffic and money are both up. I am getting my second $100 this year but I think that is about .25 cents an hour.  I spend too much time on writing most hubs and haven't had enough time to comment on other peoples hubs as much as I would like. 

I did try to write a couple of Amazon hubs and still have not made a penny from them. 

I have placed my hubs around the internet for quite some time now and sometimes it helps and sometimes not.  I think I need to learn a lot more about backlinking.

I had a hard time getting really good keywords even though I joined keyword academy and followed their program. 

I welcome all suggestions and my feeling won't be hurt because I knew nothing about writing online for income a year ago and I am learning slowly I guess.  I appreciate Miata and Shari for their help.

28. sunforged profile image72

Hi All,

Tweak Week concludes , swing by the forum and reconnect

http://www.diaryofanonlinemarketer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/susanica.jpg

Lets do this!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)