Mentor

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Dianemae profile image68
    Dianemaeposted 13 years ago

Does the HubPages have mentors?

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

mentor is an individual, usually older, always more experienced, who helps and guides another individual’s development. This guidance is not done for personal gain.

Dianemaeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the definition of exactly what I am asking .

1. Cleanclover profile image42
          Cleancloverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a mentor that makes millions every year. i am learning from him since i was 17.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are no official mentors as far as I know. There are plenty of hubs that might help - check out those by darside as regards using the software.

I mentor people with the goal of making money here - but not for free. I assume your goals are to make money, judging from some or the hubs you have written so far. Drop me a line if you are interested - but I do not come cheap. big_smile

I recommend not taking mentoring or advice from anyone who does not demonstrably make money here. There are an awful lot of people writing about it who do not make any money. wink

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For the record, I never charge for mentoring. I never offer advice on making money on HubPages. I would decline mentoring a person seeking guidance on how to make money here.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

I was not referring to you. I was referring to all the people who turn up here and write "how to make money with hubpages" hubs five minutes later. I was also assuming the OP's goal is to make money. But I could be wrong - that is the only area I offer mentoring in and I charge for it.

1. profile image0

Fine, I'll gladly send anyone seeking such advice your way!

Thanks. What do you offer mentoring on?

1. profile image0

Basically, anything on how to get an account up and running, to make a professional appearance and profile. First and foremost, how to be a better writer. However, this does not touch upon issues such as keywords, tags, or the like. Basic technical, presentation, and writing skills.

Ah - thanks. I will send any inquiries your way. I get asked those sort of questions also, but I am only seeking paying clients. lol

1. profile image0

I appreciate that. Seems we've got it pretty much covered then.

2. Andrew0208 profile image56
            Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

I peed again web, damn you

1. profile image0

Sorry to hear that. Such personal difficulties are not covered under free collaboration or mentoring, either.

1. profile image0

I'm making them so, best you get on my level cause trust me I am so eager to mentor you mt friend lol

but really big fee lasts a long time.

this offer expires in 3 seconds, that's the time you need tight

dude, pee/  again!

xo

1. profile image0

I'm wondering what you might have to teach someone like me...

1. profile image0

you either have not  read the press or published books about me or are making a joke, or being a wanker

anyone works for me

and you could learn a great deal from me

wipe on, wipe off

2. Dianemae profile image68

Thank you for the direct answer.  I was looking for someone to help lead through the hubpage process. Connecting other sites and etc.  Not necessary making money.  I will continue reading on my own and figure it all out.  Thanks again!

1. profile image0

Good luck with that!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I do offer free collaboration, which could include mentoring, as explained in my recent hub. There are others who may be willing to take on a mentoring role upon request. What person would be most suited depends on your needs and interests.

Thank you for the direction.  I will check out your recent hub.

3. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I selected Mark Knowles as my mentor

I am still waiting for your bank account details and personal logins. wink

Then I can send you the $3 I owe you for not threatening to convert me any more. big_smile

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you know VERY WELL that it was for $4!

Deflation. Sorry. sad

honey.. boil some water and get out that old tub.. we are drivin to France for some old fashioned baptizin!

Sorry - I will be unavailable for the next two weeks. Get this - I am going to a Catholic Christening near Monte Cassino, followed by a tour of the private areas of the Vatican. I told them not to blame me if we get struck by lightning. lol

Then I am going to the town my Grandfather emigrated from in 1902 in the mountains East of Salerno. He and his brother left home at 16 yo and started walking north. They ended up in England. Times was tough then.

man, you will do ANYTHING to avoid me

1. frogdropping profile image78
                  frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Boy THAT sure made me laugh out loud. A real life L.O.L.

Fancy that neutral

2. BDazzler profile image79
                BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK, this not only proves that God exists, but it also proves he has a much better sense of humor than most people give Him credit for smile

I am more of the opinion that it proves I have a sense of humor. If we come back without having been struck by lightening that is. wink

1. BDazzler profile image79
                    BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*snicker* In any case, it's quite ironic and I am both envious and glad for you, that sounds like it will be quite interesting.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I mentor people for free in the Austin area for a single session provided they use my referral links, I then also keep teaching people at $25 an hour, I always need more clients though big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)