So who works on the weekend?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image66
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I myself work just about every day. Working at home every day is the same. In fact normally if I do something fun I do it during the week so there is less traffic and crowds. smile

But I always spend at least a few hours every day doing some type of work on the net. How about you, anyone here work during the weekends? smile

1. Benjimester profile image89
      Benjimesterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I usually work all Saturday.  Not Sunday but definitely am at the grindstone 6 days a week.

2. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I work in the Tourist Industry, so my heaviest days are at the weekend. During the height of the season, every day is heavy, and I generally have no idea which day it is smile

3. Aya Katz profile image84
      Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I work every day of the week. I think that most people who are self-employed do. We don't even think that much in terms of day of the week. Here's a neat trick to tell who is self-employed and who is an employee. Print an invitation to an event with a date of the month and a day of the week that don't match. The people who come on the day of the week are employed, and every day of the month is the same to them, but it really matters what day of the week it is, because they don't work weekends. The people who show up on the day of the month printed are self employed. Every day of the week is the same for them.

The Sabbath was created for employees.

4. sarovai profile image74
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do.

5. Ben Evans profile image65
      Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I own a business and work full time on the business.  I also teach part time (30 hours per week) math, chemistry, and physics at a private acadamy.  I also do telco installations as a private contractor.  I am lucky when my work week is less than 90 hours.  That is a short work week for me.

2. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Me smile

3. profile image0
    selrachposted 13 years ago

I work contract jobs in construction in the oil and gas industry,so my hours are not regular.I just did four weeks overseas working 12 hours per day everyday,came home for 2 weeks and am now back overseas working seven days a week for probably the next 5 weeks

4. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Guilty.  However, work during the week is business, work on the weekends is homelife.  smile

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I work if the rest of the family is busy with something, otherwise it is family time!! smile

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..not all but some weekends depending on workload and timelines

6. Bill Manning profile image66
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Sounds like a lot work on the weekends, guess I'm not alone. I don't think I'll work all day today, but most of it. Got to see my new movie from netflix! smile

1. CMHypno profile image84
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The joy of being self-employed is working at weekends - I generally work unless I have something planned with friends etc. The pay-off is I can take time out during the week if I need to.

7. Lisa HW profile image64
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

For the most part (the "really" most part), I keep weekends for myself.  (I don't count stuff like HubPages as "work".  That I do if I'm at all in the house on the weekend.  I'm self-employed, so I do like to keep some structure to the work work.  It's bad enough that I have a pretty unstructured kind thing going on during the week.  I want and need my weekends.  My thing is often to "do whatever" somewhere like here weekend mornings, or else late at night (or all night lol) on weekends.

8. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I work week ends during the tax season (like Feb. to April of every year). Other months I work during week ends if I have a deadline on my online work or if I have a special job that I need to finish or if I'm teaching. Otherwise, I just hub, or read novels smile.

9. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I have a regular job during the week. I do most of my stuff on Hubpages during the weekend. I don't consider this work. For me it is more fun ! I stll have't made my first million after two years here, so I guess I will have to keep my job ! Gotta check on my fantasy football team now ! smile

10. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I work whenever I can, much to the dismay of my wife tongue

11. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I make my sole income writing online, so I work whenever I want. Loosely translated, that means I work 7 days per week. smile

12. geargirl113 profile image60
    geargirl113posted 13 years ago

I definitely work on weekends. When my daughter is watching her cartoons in the morning. I may do some work if I decide to turn on a football or baseball game during the day. At night is another option for me. My daughter is in bed between 8 and 9, so after that is time to get some work done.

13. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

heh, glad to know i'm not alone!

14. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 13 years ago

Count me into the club! big_smile I work saturday nights at my regular job and some sundays at hubpages or my other writing projects. I can't remember the last time I actually had a day off. hmm

15. A la carte profile image61
    A la carteposted 13 years ago

While I generally try to keep weekends free does not always happen smile

16. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I work part time at a hardware store - and they're open seven days.

At the moment I work every second weekend but it can vary.

I get every Monday, Thursday and Friday off though, so that's good!

17. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

I'm in the club!  I try to sneak in some article writing, research, or blog posting whenever I can!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)