Christians or Vampires?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (25 posts)
  1. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I mean seriously... They both seem to come out at night in droves trying to suck the life blood out of everybody else. Sheesh.

1. Deaconess profile image61
      Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny you should post this... I recently visited an extremely charismatic church and felt like the ppl there were trying to suck the life force out of me. tongue

2. profile image52
      jim4digitsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not in the least religious but I have to ask the question "Why are so many people opposed to christians?" I think this topic is silly sooooo....good for you, high five for you.

lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, Mr. Jim4Digits, high five back atcha. In your whole 80-some-odd minutes here at HP, you haven't had the chance to fully appreciate the forums being taken over at night by Christians that just will not rest until they've converted everyone else. I'm a Catholic (recovering) myself, but I certainly don't go around beating people over the head with it, or insisting there's something wrong with them for not thinking like I do.

1. profile image52

My question is in the general sense , in my 80+ minutes here at the ol' H of P, I simply noticed alot of things that seemed really silly soooooooo............ I guess high five for me ha ha ha . On the other hand though isn't there room for the lone raspberryfarian to make comments without someone else pointing out my apparent lack of time accrued at H dum dum dummmmmm P.

Really? Silly you say?

smile

1. profile image52

When in this world the headlines read
              of those whose hearts are filled with greed
              Who rights these wrongs with blinding speed?

You guessed it!    Underdog!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! Geez, now I have that tune stuck in my head--right before I'm about to call it a night. I can just see it at 3:00am: "Speed of lightning, roar of thunder, fighting all who rob or plunder. Underdog! Underdog! ..."

You couldn't have used something more sedate like "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...."???

or

"Hello mudduh, hello fadduh, here I am at Camp Granada..."???

1. profile image52

Night yall.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

It's the christian-vampires ya gotta watch out fer!!!!!

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no such thing as a vampire.

That said I am beginning to wonder about the true existence of a  Real Christian vs a Religionist!. What I can see and am experiencing unfortunately, are ample examples of  Religionist's everywhere, in every walk of life however.

And As I live longer I am beginning to understand  there is a huge difference between the two, and I am begining to think that  I want no part of being a Religionist.

makes one wonder?...Vampire...hmmm!

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I'm waiting for Misha to come and say, "lrohner, you must be bored!" (as he did to me yesterday when I posted the flat earthers video).
    Seriously, I probably would not have posted here EXCEPT that I saw you were the OP! Too fun (and it's starting to get dark here, too. mmmwwwhhhhhaaaa....)

Agree about the religionists point.

If I had to choose, I'd probably go with vampires. Why? Because with them I'd be assured of eternal life, whereas with Christianity it's not a sure thing. (If anyone figures out exactly how good you need to be in life to guarantee a spot in Heaven, please let me know!!!)

LOL! I very rarely am on the forums at night, but when I am...SHEESH! Don't these people realize this is a writer's community and not a Bible meeting?

Uh oh, it's pitch black here. AAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

1. Jane@CM profile image59
        Jane@CMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think they do think it is a Bible meeting!

4. Mighty Mom profile image77

If you think she's kidding, jim4digits go check it out for yourself.

Conversion on aisle five, conversion on aisle five!

5. Mighty Mom profile image77

I'm pondering asking HP to combine the religion and philosophy and politics and social issues forums into one.
    It would save a lot of time, since they're virtually identical anyways!

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You would be close on the Mighty Mom.

Religion began first. Religion brought forth Politics. Politics and Religion has causes nothing by social problems(issues). lol

6. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Irohner,

Okay, now you've done it. You've gone too far! yikes

Christians should even be part of a writer's community, because they have nothing good to say in the first place. lol lol

So, to answer your question- I would have to agree with Earnest on this one- you have to watch out for those Christian Vampires. tongue

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e0sktz.jpg

7. Mighty Mom profile image77

Certainly, Cags, you cannot be referring to our very own United States of America, where we have a very CLEAR separation of church and state!
    I mean, geesh. Have you even READ the Constitution??? big_smile

Hey Mighty Mom, I wouldn't waste my time reading the Constitution, because there are too many different amendments stripping the power from citizens. lol

8. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Irohner,

You could always try "Yellow submarine"? lol lol lol

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Not gonna work Cags. Now I have the Camp Grenada song stuck in my head. DAMN that Jim4digits! smile

Let's make my night even worse--am I the only one who remembers that jingle?

I don't know it, if that helps your cause. lol tongue

9. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

This thread so hilarious, I've lost my identity laughing, completely! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)