Women and Honesty

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. b. Malin profile image67
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

Should a woman always tell the truth to her man?  Are you always upfront....and did it cost you a relationship.  Does he get you all the time?

1. Angela Nielsen profile image57
      Angela Nielsenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, because their certain instances that you need to lie this are called white lies. To refrain from misinterpretation from the guys.

2. profile image0
    miolunaposted 13 years ago

If people are very close to each other they haven't secrets. Relationship means trust. So no secrets. Of course if it's not secret of someone else.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It depends on the quality of your relationship. I have found keeping secrets from my husband impossible.  I just have to tell him everything, and i am more comfortable when I do it.  we just like to relax in each others company and don't have to watch what we say. we have known each other for a little less than twenty years and it has worked wonderfully for us.

2. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well i believe you have a right to have secrets. after all, there are things in my life that i would like to keep just for me. I think my sig other should have some things that he has just to himself as well. keep some mystery ladies......

3. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

I believe in the sincerity as a basic value to build a healthy relationship. Being honest means to get naked and lay the foundations for a constructive relationship: away all the masks! Away all fears! Away the shame!

4. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Well, I believe in being honest and that relationships are based on trust; but I don't think keeping a few things to oneself means not being honest or worthy of trust (or trusting).   Besides, especially if you're young and in a relationship with someone else young; you may be shocked to discover your secrets being shared the minute you try to break up with the person and s/he gets mad at you.   hmm  That doesn't necessarily mean not trusting the person now, or even thinking you won't be able to trust him one day.  It's just a matter of good sense.  I don't think the person you're in a relationship with ought to share some things either.  hmm   ..but that's just me.

5. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

If you try being honest you might be surprised - things I've worked myself up to say have made my hubby laugh. smile

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My thing has nothing to do with any fears or shame.  That's for sure.  It's just about keeping what isn't someone else's business, and what is my business, to myself.   (For example, like who I dated before; or any number of other things that should be of no consequence to someone I'm with now.)

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess it does depend. I've been with my hubby five years and we know most things about each other.

Although I've been lucky in that my two longest relationships have both been with males who don't blab - in fact getting them to talk is the hard part!

6. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Women and Honesty  in the same sentence   -   Ha!   big_smile

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol Wow... GPS... I have to find myself... hmm

lol No... True... It's Not You... It's Me... I just need to find myself! lol roll

1. alternate poet profile image66
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We have several similarities I find - except that I DO NOT look like a cat that has been run over by a truck.

7. Charley...M profile image57
    Charley...Mposted 13 years ago

Always tell the truth! if you dont it could cost you your relationship, and if you love someone why lie Charley...M

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Should a woman always tell the truth to her man?  Are you always upfront....and did it cost you a relationship.  Does he get you all the time?"

I would rephrase this as:

Should a person always tell the truth?  Are you always upfront....and did it cost you a relationship?  Does your spouse "get" you all the time?"

As to what the answer is, I'm not going there. smile

9. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i for one prefer sweet, sweet ego-preserving lies

10. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Honesty is a funny thing , too much is not good , not enough is the same. Peronal stuff is best kept to yourself.  Shared honesty is a good thing. Learning how much honesty is right is a life long mission.......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)