Flight Attendant makes dramatic exit!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (23 posts)
  1. mod2vint profile image61
    mod2vintposted 13 years ago

I think they are filing charges on the wrong person! The passenger should have been arrested. Yes the flight attendant may have gotten carried away, but I can say when dealing with the public day after day, sometimes you just gotta let it out.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/steward-le … te/1114252

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah and if he really was caring for his dying mother, then I can see why he eventually got stressed out.....they should ban the passenger for a good few years to fly on an airplane!!!

2. profile image0
      Contriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahahahaha...this is too funny.  The man had enough and snapped. In a perfect world he would have punched the passenger in the face for being so rude and disrespectful for no reason at all.  Congrats to him for not accepting an adult acting like a spoiled child.  The passenger should have been asked to leave the plane.  Shows how much they cared about their employee.

3. blackhatworld profile image61
      blackhatworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This adds new meaning to TAKE THIS JOB A SHOVE IT!  I would love to know what this guy does next. It sounds like he was  devoted employee..

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

I heard about this, but only just found out the details. Surely the passenger is at fault as he knew the rules that he is bound to fly by legally. If he had got on a plane drunk and caused a scene he would have been the one arrested. Has the law nothing better to do than surround the poor former air steward's house en-mass just to arrest him on some charge that infers he was causing a danger, (as yet a mystery to me), to the public, heaven help us all if this is what the legal system is coming to.

3. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I think that poor flight attendant should have thrown the passender down the chute!

1. mod2vint profile image61
      mod2vintposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would have been a sight!

I applaud the attendant for saying enough is enough!

2. adrienne2 profile image67
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Flightkeeper Now that would have been a sight to see if he had thrown the passenger down the chute. LMBO

4. profile image0
    Norah Caseyposted 13 years ago

http://www.aurichlawson.com/ars/misc/exiting-aircraft.jpg

That man is my hero. smile

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

""At no time was the security or safety of our customers or crew members at risk," the company said."

So whats the problem?

6. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

Flight attendants put up with so much.  The passenger was in the wrong, and I guess the guy just had enough.  Who can really blame him, and what a way to make an exit!!!  I wish I had the guts to pull something along those lines when I left my last job!

1. Elpaso profile image61
      Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No one seems concerned that the man has a head wound. I'm not completely sure...but I heard somewhere, head wounds can cause things like coma, swelling of the brain, UNUSUAL BEHAVIOR!

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
        Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know.  I don't blame the flight attendant for getting upset.  If some jerk decided to get up, when he knows he should stay in his seat, knocked me in the head with a piece of luggage, I would do a little more than what this guy did.

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago
  8. Elpaso profile image61
    Elpasoposted 13 years ago

Did anyone notice that nasty cut on the flight attendants head? The passenger hit him in the head with a bag and did not apoligize.  What kind of superhuman tolorance is expected from this man?

Something tells me, when this guy calms down, the passenger and Jet Blue better start getting nervous.

1. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What happened to the FAA rules about any passenger who interferes with the duties of a Flight Attendant bla bla bla....is committing a Felony?

The passenger was getting up before the plane came to a complete stop. If they had been injured it's almost certain they'd have sued the airlines for it.

But for the FA to bail out the emergency slide, he really must have had a concussion or ???

9. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

The new American Folk Hero.  How many of us have thought we'd like to do the same thing?  I mean-slide down the emergency ramp with a couple of bottles of beer...LOL   No, seriously, this is such a fun story to follow!   ARE U A SLATER FAN???

10. mod2vint profile image61
    mod2vintposted 13 years ago

According to todays followup article, It would seem that most people agree with us.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninter … ap/1114424

11. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I think the FA should have called the police to arrest the passenger for interfering and assault.

12. joaniemb profile image61
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

I hope the passenger get what he deserves.

Thumbs up to the flight attendant for not taking it any more.

It is known that flight attendants are often abused by the public.

13. Natural Remedy profile image61
    Natural Remedyposted 13 years ago

I agree, this passenger sounds so offensive. The passenger deserves the punishment.  The flight attendant was stressed about his mother too. At least in his frustration he did something to go out in style rather than respond in anger

14. adrienne2 profile image67
    adrienne2posted 13 years ago

I did a parody video on youtube on this if you guys care to see it. youtube.com/wsfradio the video is called I Quit 'Em Airlines.

Adrienne

1. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just checked out your video. Very funny indeed. Missed the part where you exited the plane down the slide. LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)