Do you have a TV in your Bedroom?

Jump to Last Post 51-88 of 88 discussions (121 posts)
  1. PeterCastle profile image61
    PeterCastleposted 13 years ago

pc is better then tv ...

2. profile image0
    SnowRoseposted 13 years ago

not anymore. I used to use my computer as my tv and now the computer has been moved into the new office.

3. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 13 years ago

i'm curently going through divorce #2, & i can honestly say that TV in my bed room had NOTHING to do with it,.. in the first case it was never a hinderence and at times definately a bonus, and in the second case it was the only thing in the room that would turn on when i wanted it to,... i have problems with rining in my ears among other reasons, so silence bothers me a great deal, i have a tv in the living room, bed room, and i have one in my shop as well,... but in my defence, i realy love the satalite radio i get through dish network,... and i like to have each of them on a wildly different style of music at once, so that as i walk from place to place i get to change with it!

4. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 13 years ago

Hey I live in a Forest too!

In a bedroom with NO TV but ipad, iphone and a kindle!

5. faiyaz akhtar profile image57
    faiyaz akhtarposted 13 years ago

yes i have TV

6. Darknlovely3436 profile image71
    Darknlovely3436posted 13 years ago

Yes I do, and it causing a lot a problem in the bedroom...
    especially when i want some peace and quiet, and the hubby want to watch television.

7. Holiday Hannah profile image61
    Holiday Hannahposted 13 years ago

We have the tv and computer in the bedroom so it is the only room we have to heat in the winter. Our apartment has ancient room air conditioners that hardly throw out heat. Moving the tv and computer to the bedroom cut the electric bill in half.

8. TinaTango profile image70
    TinaTangoposted 13 years ago

yes, and it's got Syvester Stalone on the screen right now!

9. ed77burns profile image40
    ed77burnsposted 13 years ago

Yes,I have it of 23".

10. dianne143 profile image39
    dianne143posted 13 years ago

I do not have but I am planning to buy. wink

11. profile image50
    Magleposted 13 years ago

No - And i never want to have one inthere...

12. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 13 years ago

yes

13. Loving Liberty profile image61
    Loving Libertyposted 13 years ago

No. We do not.

14. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 12 years ago

No TV in the bedroom.  It sucks up so much of my time already.

15. Jaymighty2 profile image60
    Jaymighty2posted 12 years ago

I have a tv in my bedroom 26" lcd but I don't use it to watch tv channels I use it as a monitor and i have a 2nd monitor 17" sat right next to it I use both Screens.

smaller one is mainly for toolbars and a place to leave open folders while i work on drawings in G.I.M.P (why is it called that?...the looks I get when I say I use it:D) does that count as having a TV in the bedroom? big_smile

16. profile image0
    janellelkposted 12 years ago

Hmm.. yes, we do.  I've been thinking a lot about the pros and cons of having a television in the bedroom lately so I'm glad I saw this thread. 

First off, both of us drift off to sleep to it..  sad  and I've noticed it cuts down on my reading (reading vs. staring at a screen..  which one takes less energy..  lol).  Then again, sometimes it is soooo cozy and nice to lay in bed, cuddle, and watch a movie. 

It's such a bad habit falling asleep to the tv but I think my boyfriend would flip if we moved it out.

17. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I hardly watch TV, but I have a TV in every room but the dining room.

18. Monisajda profile image61
    Monisajdaposted 12 years ago

No TV in my bedroom and if it was only up to me no TV at all in my house.

19. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I am in a studio.  So in a sense everything is in my bedroom.

20. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

I had until recently, when I gave it to charity, as I hadn't watched it in years.  In fact I haven't watched TV at all for a long time.  I spend my time online instead.

21. Matt in Jax profile image61
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

Definitely have to have a nice TV in the bedroom. Gaming, movies, etc. Gotta love it. How you could go without it, I'm not sure. I'd spend all my time in the living room.

22. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

No, and I do not have a computer in my bedroom either.  I have insomnia and have enough trouble getting to sleep without adding distractions.  I used to have a computer in my room and that was a disaster.

23. Open Thoughts profile image60
    Open Thoughtsposted 12 years ago

absolutely.

24. TCDesign profile image59
    TCDesignposted 12 years ago

NO, they kill your sex life!

25. profile image0
    Carliismiles<3posted 12 years ago

I have one, i also have my computer in my room. The thing with me is, i HAVE to have some kind of noise going on when im asleep. Don't ask why, i don't even know. But without it.. i just can't fall asleep!

26. wheelinallover profile image74
    wheelinalloverposted 12 years ago

Here there is a television in every bedroom, one in the dining room and one in the living room. Noise is constant, and for the most part they are on cartoon channels. Family night is about the only time any are actually watched. They also run 24 hours a day seven days a week except in my bedroom. Mine is only on when there are children in the room. For the most part they are the night light. Almost forgot the computers we have not had below four which is the current amount. There are two of them in the same bedroom (mine). I am on one or the other about 20 hours a day. 

No I don't want to own the electric company but if the bills remain as they are now they should give me controlling interest. We have learned that the between three and twelve children are calmer with a television on.

27. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

No, we have never had one in the bedroom. That room is not for watching tv!

28. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I used to have one until a few weeks ago, in fact there was one in two of the bedrooms.  However, as they have not been used in years, I gave them away to charity.

29. LittlePayday profile image60
    LittlePaydayposted 12 years ago

No I do not, and I like it that way! It's to distracting! TV's are for the living room!

1. anujagarwal profile image57
      anujagarwalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I also do not have TV in bedroom. It looks better in living room.

30. Richard Craig profile image59
    Richard Craigposted 12 years ago

Yep.  Always had one in my bedroom.  Currently have a 1080p 32" Sony Bravia.  I'd highly recommend one.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What's the advantage?

Read any advice about insomnia and they'll tell you not to have a TV in your bedroom, it's too stimulating.

Like Maddie said, it's also been found that couples with a TV in the bedroom have less sex. 

Finally, any kind of electronics in the bedroom are very bad Feng Shui, because they have too much lively chi. If you must have a TV or PC in your bedroom, at least cover the screen before you go to bed.

1. Richard Craig profile image59
        Richard Craigposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The advantage is being snug in bed with a girl under your arm, chilling out before sleep.  Having a TV in my bedroom doesn't effect my sleep or sex life because  I'm a gadget kinda person.  I've grown up with technology so it doesn't really effect me in such a negative way as it might with people who are somewhat techno-phobic.  To me it's just normal.

All-in-all, just like everything else, it depends on the person.  Some people have a TV in the kitchen, I don't and I can't really see the point unless you only use it for a cook-along show.  You might disagree.

1. TamCor profile image80
          TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's kind of funny, seeing as I am 52, but I completely agree with you... lol

My husband and I have been married almost 23 wonderful years, and having a TV in our bedroom has not affected us in the least, in any aspect of our marriage(insert winking smiley here), lol. Actually, it's about the only time we watch one!  We have no problem watching it, then turning it off to go to sleep.

Like you said, it just depends on the person. I wouldn't have one in the kitchen, or the bathroom, either, but lots of folks do, which is their prerogative. big_smile

1. Richard Craig profile image59
            Richard Craigposted 12 years agoin reply to this

YES!! Someones on my side! lol.  A TV shouldn't effect anyone negatively in the bedroom department, it can be used to enhance the experience.

And congratulations on 23 wonderful years of marriage, I haven't even been living that long, lol.

1. TamCor profile image80
              TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the congrats--it really has been our own "excellent adventure", hahaha.

And yeah, I have three kids older than you! lol

31. BarbieGirl79 profile image60
    BarbieGirl79posted 12 years ago

Yes We have a tv in the bedroom but I been thinking of taking the tv out of the bedroom my husband watches tv too much on it especially when I am trying too sleep!!The tv noise & the light of the tv keeps me up!!

32. Jennuhlee profile image60
    Jennuhleeposted 12 years ago

I do not have a t.v. in my room, though I often fall asleep in the living room where there is a t.v. hmm

33. alphagirl profile image77
    alphagirlposted 12 years ago

bad feng shui when tv is in bedroom

34. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

No. I enjoy serenity when I rest. smile

35. ershruti304 profile image61
    ershruti304posted 12 years ago

Yes and I cannot imagine my room without it. It is the best way to relax myself

36. thighhighchick profile image59
    thighhighchickposted 12 years ago

You need a TV to play the videos!

37. pedrn44 profile image90
    pedrn44posted 12 years ago

yes...it's a little 13 inch with only local channels. According to Feng Shui I should cover it at nite, but I don't. I need to get on track with that.

38. pedrn44 profile image90
    pedrn44posted 12 years ago

yes...it's a little 13 inch with only local channels. According to Feng Shui I should cover it at nite, but I don't. I need to get on track with that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)