That one single little annoyance.....

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (44 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

You know how it is - one small and seemingly unimportant thing can throw off your whole day and often bug more you more than a big problem.

Today I went to the fridge to get milk for my cereal & coffee (badly needed coz I didn't sleep much last night). I opened the door and realized that I had forgotten to buy milk.

What's a tiny annoyance that you hate?

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

opening the fridge in the morning and finding no beer to pour on my cereal and no wine for my coffee

WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh god that cracked me up. Thank you. Needed a laugh!

2. profile image0
        selrachposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I remember in my drinking days I actually did have wine instead of milk in my cereal one day. Was I sick or what. tongue

2. profile image0
    sarahsherlockposted 13 years ago

Losing an email that I know I filed in a 'safe' place. I hate losing things and always manage to find it when I don't need it anymore!

3. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

When people email us through their HubPages accounts, but have incorrectly entered their email addresses when they registered, so we have no way to get back to them.

Both complaints involve emails so far.... too much time online? lol

That would be annoying Maddie - I've seen some sites that specifically have a message such as "Please double check your email address since we have many emails we cannot answer due to incorrect addresses."

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I readily admit it.  Hazards of having a job that involves being online all day.

2. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But that's so simple to fix - most sites today require that you reply to an email sent to your stated address before you can join.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He is right. smile

Plus, most sites make you type it in twice; so as to catch typos right at the start (I don't recollect if HP already does that or not).

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

People who wear dark glasses when they are talking to you. You can't see their eyes and all you see is your own reflection. I get very distracted and start checking out my background and trying to figure out if the clothes I'm wearing makes me look fat or not. lol All I hear is... Blah Blah Blah...

Inside or outside? I hate people wearing sunnies inside - I think it's rude. Unless it's bright and sunny (or you're blind), take 'em off!!!!

Shoot.  I've been wearing sunglasses inside lately, but only because I've had this terrible headache for 6+ months that makes me light-sensitive.  I only do it on especially bad days, or under fluorescents.  But you'd probably think I'm completely obnoxious if you didn't know that.

1. alternate poet profile image67
          alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Flourescents are a common problem for some people - Your employers part of your contract makes it encumbent upon them to provide a suitable workspace - so get them changed or turned off or shielded -    This comes from my short months working in a government office where this kind of issue was a much higher priority than actually working big_smile

2. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter - I just can't concentrate and I feel I'm practicing a monologue in front of a mirror!

2. eslevy17 profile image60
      eslevy17posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's funny. You can turn it around on them and ignore what they say until they take their glasses off. Try cleaning your teeth in the reflection. That'll freak 'em out.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

no, just hungry. wink some people can't take that stuff they cram down babies mouths. Me being one of them. Ach!

6. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

Oooh, I've got another one (non-internet related, now that WryLit made me feel bad for spending so much time online tongue).  I hate when people on the subway or the bus sit in the outside seat and don't move when things start to get crowded...  and then if you ask them if you can sit down, they 1) give you a dirty look, and 2) make you squeeze your big butt by them, as opposed to either scooting in or getting up to let you past.

1. profile image0

fart peas at them Maddie

Women don't fart peas, ralwus.  We fart pearls.

1. profile image0

That'll work on the pig! big_smile

2. profile image0
          selrachposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You fart them, i,ll thread them and sell them.
          big_smile

3. lorlie6 profile image73
          lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Maddie-you are so right about the pearls...what was the other one?  Women don't sweat, we glow!

2. WryLilt profile image88

LoL peas?

And Maddie, don't feel bad - I probably spend between 6-12 hours a day on the 'net when not at work. In between other stuff but... I have to check my emails, my adsense, my amazon, my comments, my facebook, my other email..... a whole list of things, multiple times a day! big_smile

Luckily I don't have to take public transport. I'd probably kill someone.

2. Kidgas profile image65
      Kidgasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maddie, I doubt your butt is big.  I hope your headache goes away.  Don't know that I could take six months worth.

I hate when I get in the car to go to work and have to go back inside cause I forgot something.  Usually I am running late at the time.

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

or half and half for the coffee.
    soy milk just doesn't taste right in coffee.

as far as the dark sunglasses, if I'm outside, I'm not taking them off to talk to you, sorry, it bothers my eyes down here in sunny FL. cool

1. profile image0

I'm in FL too... Miami... but I guess I can talk to you wearing your glasses, as long as you dont mind the fact I'm too distracted to actually listen to a word you're saying... hahaha... I am so A.D.D.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean, it can be distracting, but you know how bright it is here.

I think it's more annoying to squint while I'm talking. another Florida girl, you know how bright it is here almost every day of the year. cool

hey, I used to live in Miami my first year of marriage. it was way too crowded, then we relocated the following year for work.  but it's fun to visit.

1. profile image0

Yes, it's crowded and we have plenty of rude people, BUT WE LIKE IT LIKE THAT, DAMN IT!!! lol

8. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I am super annoyed that I am only allowed one small annoyance and I just used it up!

9. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I don't have one small annoyance that ruins any day.  My days are more fraught with zillions of minor annoyances that add up and ruin one minute at a time (at least if I leave the house, that is).  Of course, I'm not above re-hashing those little annoyances over and over again to other people, as my way of making sure  ruin yet more minutes of my own and of other people. Irritable people of a feather stick together.   mad

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

those girls who lay their head to one side, like their neck is broken when they talk . . .

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, while they're on the phone driving with a cigarette in the other hand! I saw one today. is there a functioning brain in there?

1. profile image0

it's mush

11. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Coffee........

It is always coffee

The universe trembles when there is no coffee in my house.

1. profile image0

Funny thing about coffee is that it helps me wake up but only up to a certain point. My students know not to tell me anything of relevance or ask me questions until past 9:30am. That's about the time I'm awake. They come up to me, take a look at me and say: "Ok, I will come back to talk to you later!" hahahaha... I'm not making this up. This is true!

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those at my work, don't ask me questions until after 11am, otherwise they get vague stares lol

12. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

My annoyance.......living with someone that is addicted to sooooo many things that they MUST have or their life is in turmoil.  There is nothing that we could be out of, other than toilet paper, that would ruin my day.

1. profile image0

In Cuba we found out that there are many rewards to using the newspaper as substitute for toilet paper.
      1. Nobody can tell you your as$ is too pale.(ink smudges)
      2. You recycle! You read the paper while sitting down, when you finish the page it is given a second life.
      3. You'll become a Smart As$!!!

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AND you get to wipe your butt with almost every politician !

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, the small town I live in only publishes "news" once a week. LOL  Not sure I can hold it that long.

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is wonderful *news* as such as I believe most of the news is usually about sex, scandals, murder, mayhem, ya know the usual weekly shenanigans and who wants to hear about that cr*p week in week out lol

13. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 13 years ago

I hate when I am working on a project, of any kind, and the phone wont stop ringing.  In fact I am guilty of throwing it out of the front door.  Then, everyone came and rang the doorbell.  Can't win.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How about when it is a telemarketer? smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)