How Unpublished Hubs Do You Have?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (21 posts)
  1. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 13 years ago

When a new contest comes up, I create a bunch of potential hubs, so I still have a few undeveloped cooking hubs. I also have a few hubs ideas from last week's contest and then several for this weeks contest. As I browse the Internet I come up with some really good ideas for hubs and create the hubs, but again, don't finish them right away.

Now, although I have several unpublished hubs, many have a good deal of writing in them and several do make it to publishing. Even though it can take up to six months for me to finish and publish some of these hubs, I do finish them.

I have 52 hubs that I've published, but a few of them will eventually go through some major revamping.

I have 32 UNPUBLISHED hubs. What about you?

1. eslevy17 profile image60
      eslevy17posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'm a OCD-plagued English major and I write up all my hubs in a word processor and obsess over every detail, then plug them into hubpages completely finished. I write subject ideas down on a post it note, but I don't start up a new hub until after it's written, and even then I concentrate pretty heavily on one subject at a time.
      By the way, your hubs' scores fluctuate even unpublished. So if you plug in a finished article but don't publish it, your score will go higher, and when you post you get a head start. But I'm too impatient to do that.
      Also, unpublished hubs get views. Staff members, perhaps? I don't know.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your own views are counted whether your hub is published or not.

2. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

four

3. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 13 years ago

one...I work on one at a time and get it done before moving on to the next one.

4. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I generally keep about a dozen unpublished. I like having them there because it ensures that I always have something I can work on.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I presently have 31 hubs unpublished and that's after just recently completing the first phase of the 60 Day Challenge, which is to write 30 hubs in 30 days. smile

6. bayoulady profile image69
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

None. I do one at a time. I do the skeleton/bones of it and add to it over a day or two.
    BUT I have 4 almost ready in a document folder on my desktop.One for info barrel, two  for hubpages, and one for snipsly.

7. Lisa HW profile image64
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I have eleven, but they're Hubs that were published and I unpublished because I thought better of having them up.  I'm in the process of cleaning up some of the stuff I have on here, have deleted twelve or so (I think) (Maybe for some other use.)  I'm thinking what, if anything, to do about the ones I "re-thought".  Some of them I publish and unpublish, depending on my mood.  smile  One way or another, I have to do a major over-haul of what's built up on here now.  Most of the time, if I start to write a Hub I'll finish it and publish it, so I don't very often have unfinished ones left unpublished.  If I don't finish them I lose interest in them, never finish them, and delete them instead of ever finishing them.    Maybe there's something wrong with me, but if I interrupt whatever I'm writing, I'm not likely to be able to go back and be interested in it again.

8. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

I do one at a time, don't like too much clutter. Being focussed helps me. That is just my personal work habit.

9. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

10. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

About 10, but some are only titles I don't want to forget

11. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I like to have a handful of topics ready to go - if they're keyword researched it's a good way to have something to jump into when the mood strikes.

Some days I'll do research, save maybe half a dozen hubs and leave them for when I feel like writing.

If a hub goes for longer than two months I just figure I'm not going to do it and delete it...

12. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

171, although I suspect that I will end up deleting a fair few.

I like to keep a big pot, and try to stick to picking out of that pot. I tend to do my keyword research in bulk.

1. melbel profile image95
      melbelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same, I'm all about doing the keyword research, creating the hubs that go with the keywords so I get the good URLs and then slowly publish hub by hub. As I write hubs I come up with ideas for more hubs and I just can't write as fast as the ideas come!

13. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

None because I always aim to finish what I have started and have got into doing so here!

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's will power Bard!!

I'm weak in this area, as I've got 65 waiting for me to publish them, I think I can hear them sometimes calling me lol!

14. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

4 at the moment. Unusual for me, I usually write my hubs straight into hubpages. smile

15. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

I have two at the moment. One of which I will work on this weekend and publish. That one is a pretty easy hub to write.

I have another which I've had outlined and has been sitting there waiting to be published for over a year! That one requires a lot of research, and every time I start on it I stop. Who would've thought that a hub on Common misconceptions about the sinking of the Titanic could stump me. I should just delete the hub, but I can't bring myself to do it.

16. pageantgirl31413 profile image75
    pageantgirl31413posted 13 years ago

I have 2. One that is completed but it was about my childhood/abuse and the abuser has changed and I'm trying to build a relationship somewhat so I don't want something that is out quite yet.

The other one, I need to do some more research on it.

17. manicmusicfan profile image60
    manicmusicfanposted 13 years ago

At this time, i have 4 unpublished....yesterday i had 13 smile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)