Dreams; are they telling us something?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)
  1. vicki simms profile image66
    vicki simmsposted 13 years ago

I dream most nights and remember them, are they telling us something to help us on our life path or are they just mixed up images with go through our mind without meaning?
    I believe they are telling us something, what are your thoughts..

1. Diane Inside profile image71
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Could be but what?  I had a really weird dream last night, and I have been puzzled by it all day. Very strange.

1. vicki simms profile image66
        vicki simmsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that our dreams are solutions to our problems and hidden emotions, all of my dreams are very weird and most mornings i think there is no way that has any relevance to my life but then I look it up and it always has something to do with whats troubling me.
        I have been interested in dreams for sometime now and still there is so much i dont understand but I do think there is something in it, more than just a dream.

1. Diane Inside profile image71
          Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well mine was me and my cousin in a pick up truck driving around looking for someone.

Then we pulled down this driveway that went up into a spiral and we had to drive up it, while we were looking for someone, I don't know who, someone was looking for us and we kept looking down the spiral hill hoping they would not catch up.

I haven't seen this cousin a male and he was driving in years.  Oh and in the dream his brother was the bottom of the hill, going to talk to us but my cousin just drove past him and kept going.

Very weird.  After not seeing them in so long then dreaming about them was just odd.

2. profile image57
      Promo Videoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They're definitely an interesting exposing of subconcious goings on though maybe their best lesson is the insight they give into reality and how we construct it. While we're in normal dreams everything seems real and it isn't until we wake up that we realise that it was an illusion. If we become lucid  and recognise it as a dream at the time we can study first hand how we construct our own reality both in the dream and in waking life

2. Rishy Rich profile image73
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

I had some weird dreams once or twice. If u want to believe that these dreams are signals or mysteries then it would seem so. But if u try to find out why have u seen them, if u try with ur heart & really hard to find out why have u seen them, only then u will realize every dream occurs because of our daily activities, consciouse or sub conscious thought processing. I once saw I am having sex with Jennifer lopez. Dont think it had any message for me but it took me long time to find out why I have seen that dream. I glanced in a magazine where something about puff daddy & JLO's love life was written. I never read that throughly but that quick glance processed in my sub-conscious mind & ended up in a weird dream which had no meaning. We dream on those subject which has significant impact on our conscious & subconscious mind. thats all.

3. stilljustwonderin profile image60
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

Some times our dreams carry a message for us.  I had a dream once about 3 demons chasing me.  Then for 3 days I was tormented with 3 demons.
    Some times our dreams are a reflection of our lives.  My grand mother had her favorite grand kids, she made it obvious.  One night I dreamt I was spending the night at her house and I had to sleep outside in a garbage can.
    One night I had a dream that 3 men with guns broke into my house.  One held a gun on me while one held me down.  The third man shaved my head.  I had cleaned out my hair brush the day before.  haha
    Some times the dreams are so off the wall ya have no idea where they came from.

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I had a dream once that I was in the woods behind the house that I I spent the last part of my adolescent in.
       Walking up to the house flaming arrows were being shot at me from the direction of the house,

Three days later a letter was delivered to my house.
    It was written the evening that I had my dream, Mom was very angry with me to say the least. 
       The meaning of my dream was revealed.

Some dreams are precognitive ... I have this kind quite frequently.

5. vicki simms profile image66

I find it really interesting how everyones thoughts differ to whether they our dreams mean something or not, I do think that there is something in it but if they dont mean anything why do people have dreams like premonitions and then 2 days or 2 weeks later it comes true?? surely cannot be just a coincidence?

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, sometimes there is a message.  As for my dream about 3 demons chasing me.  I believe that dream was to warn me that I was about to go thru something.  Which, I did.  I did write a hub about it if you are interested, A Help in Time of Need.  It is true, happened just as I told it.  That could not have been a coincidence.

6. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

I dreamed once that god answered the prayers of the starving instead of looking for lost car keys, finding parking spots and sending kids to Disneyland.

It was just a dream, though. smile

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One night I dreamt I won the lotto.  One million dollars!  Just as I was walking out the door to go shopping, I woke up.

Just a dream.   Dag nab it!

7. profile image0
    selrachposted 13 years ago

I had a dream where I was eating a giant marshmallow when I woke up I had ate my pillow.

8. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Odd… I just read a hub on this. Must be a synchronicity thing. smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dreams-What-it-says

9. spookyfox profile image60
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

That's exactly right, you seem to have good intuition smile The reason dreams are confusing when we're awake but they seem to completely make sense while we have them is because they don't use the same language the conscious mind does. A situation in a dream is not relevant in the literal, rational and predictable sense of it; it is relevant in terms of what those situations represent and how they make us feel.

I've just written a Hub about it since I think it's a very interesting subject and even if I'm no expert, I think it's really fun and helpful to think about these things and share.

10. spookyfox profile image60

The fact that what you saw in the dream you later discovered was something ordinary that you saw during the day does not mean it has no meaning or value. The unconcious takes ordinary things that we might see and it can use it at elements to represent something, or even give them a sense of high importance and urgency. In fact I'm pretty sure it has happened to you and a lot of people that something from the outside world is included in the dream as it happens, but with a weird twist. I had a dream where a friend opened his mouth and a weird buzzing noise came out, after 2 seconds I woke up and realized someone was ringing the doorbell of my house.

11. spookyfox profile image60

Sorry for the triple post, but it seems the quoting code doesn't work? Or is it just me?

12. vicki simms profile image66

I completly agree SpookyFox, its such an interesting topic and we could talk about it for ages with everyones different experiences, i'm going to have a good read of all the dream hubs and maye write a few more of my own.
    I've said it loads of times but I will say it again, There is something in our dreams and if we pay attention to them we will learn alot about ourselves and our lives.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe I have learned a lot from post Jungian dream therapy.

I did dream therapy for several years and found out many things about myself. It takes a while to get used to waking at the end of dreams and to remember them and write them down at around 3am every morning though!

I have an enormous collection of dreams from simple brief ones in black and white, to full colour vivid dreams that carried life changing archetypal messages to do with fear of death and more.

I may write about it here on hubpages, as it does seem to have created some interest. smile

13. profile image0
    ShotgunChelleposted 13 years ago

I've had four dreams in which wolves played a major part over the past year and a half, and they are growing more and more frequent. I have written about them here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Dreaming-of-Wolves and I hope if anybody reads them, that you have some input, because I am truly baffled.

1. charkamman profile image59
      charkammanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful story ShotgunShelle!
      Not sure what it means, you'll probably know best yourself.
      One of my teachers said the message of a dream is in the first few moments, in the setting of the dream, that might help.
      keep on writing!
      Charlotte

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)