When "White" is no longer the majority.

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)
  1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

In but a generation or so, "white" will be he minority in the USA.
    What will the effect be, as you see it?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image56
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There will be more brown like me, hehe. Morning qwark.

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mornin' Pretty:
        If there's more that look like you, I hope it doesn't take a generation...lol.   :-)

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just like that wink

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahahhhahahah, you can already see the effect even when "white" is so far from minority but to "be safe"... lol

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What goes around comes around?

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

There will be no effect if people can see past the colour of somebodies skin, seeing as we are all pretty much identical. Of course, the likelyhood is that the white and black populations will decrease. Instead there will be many more individuals of mixed heritage.

Just like your half black, half white, President. Mixed race people often report experiencing racism from people of all colours. Having a black father and a white mother does not make you 'black' or 'white' it makes you 'mixed-race'. Ultimately it just means that you don't need to use tanning beds. And it really should be that simple.

The sooner people of all races and religions drop this notion that you are all different the better. Why not instead unite under the label of 'American', which is what the vast majority of you can justifiable and legally call yourself. Not white American, or Black American, just American. Putting aside prejudices will result in you being able to sleep with a girl from every country in the globe, nothing wrong with that if you are not married. Go knock yourselves out, plenty to choose from.

I don't believe that you will see black extremist groups lynching white people, or enslaving them, put it that way.

1. qwark profile image60

Ryan, I am for the amagamation of all people. In the end we come out with a beautiful human being of practically the same color and features...I like that idea.  :-)

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, that will be sad, but it is inevitable.  It will be like walking into the forest and there is only one species of bird.  Only one kind of plant.

And people will still find ways to be prejudice.  The white people in Europe fought each other.  The black people in Africa fought each other.  The brown skin folks in Asia and in South and North America fought each other.  They all look the same.  Humans will find ways to make "others" out of people until the competition for resources is removed.  Only when there is no dearth of food and access to privelege will people stop finding ways to make an "us-them" scenario.  Maybe not even then.

But it will be sad when there is only one model of human left.  I love all the different aesthetic varieties.

1. qwark profile image60

Shades: You may love it, but it has been the cause of much human fragmentation. If we don't destroy our attempts to become a successful species in the next half century, the amalgamation will take place. If all men can come together (no probability) to function as a single unit for the benefit of all, we will, undoubtedly genetically engineer new human species. Unfortunately, the prospect of contemporary  man surviving for another couple generations is pretty slim.

Like I said.  Race isn't why humans fight.  Being human is why.  Access to resources is why. Religion is why.  Race is just an excuse to kill be people for resources or in the name of your favorite God.  Get rid of race, there will be something else instead.  Doesn't take much to count as "different."  Look at the Tutsis and Hutus.  Look at Dr. Seuss' Sneeches.

1. qwark profile image60

Shades: I have to agree.

2. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe that we will ever see a time when everybody is the same colour. My point was mainly a hope that everybody could just get along. There are still only 7 million mixed race people in the USA. That suggests that people still, largely, breed within their own racial groups.

I think that a rising number of mixed race individuals would symbolise a very positive change in attitudes, as people of all races end their self-imposed segregation.

You would be very suprised to find that so many white people can have their heritage traced back to the black African gene pool. It takes just one reproduction to produce a half black - half white individual. It would only take one more reproduction for that individuals child to be almost white or almost black again, and then one more for them to appear completely white or completely black.

Mixed races have been the norm for centuries. Do not be suprised if there is some black African in you, if you analysed your genes. Migration has been happening for tens of thousands of years.

In conclusion though, you just fall in love with who you fall in love with. I wouldn't say no to a bit of action with Rihanna or Beyonce, and I certainly wouldn't say no to a bit of action with Lucy Liu. And I'm sure that any accidental product would be a beautiful human being.

I don't disagree with you on any of that.  My only point was the aesthetic part, for the exact reason you just pointed out.  I hope there will always be Lucy Lius and Rihannas and Keira Knightleys and Nicole Kidmans etc.

3. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

I think this stat is for the number of white people no longer being bigger than the number of all other races combined, in which case white people will still be the biggest single racial group so it is unlikely to have any great effect at all.

4. kazemaru2 profile image60
    kazemaru2posted 13 years ago

well hispanics technically are mostly mestizos who are part white. So white will always be majority in america. It's not like a mass of asian immigrants is coming here to change that especially with China as a superpower.

5. anime_nanet profile image58
    anime_nanetposted 13 years ago

When White are the minority the "white neighbourhoods" will eventualy turn in some kind of guethos were the whitties will be shunned.

White people will do the low jobs, and white kids only will go to white schools - ministred by the far superior black teachers of course.

You'll all listen to RAP and HIP HOP music because they're black and black is the new cool.

Given some time there will be lots of violence among and against whitties. It will be a Blackarheid and you whitties will suffer.

Mind you, I'm white as well, but it's just as good I don't live in America!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know you are probably joking but I find this post very offensive.

I sooner we forget about who is or is not a minority the better off we will be.

6. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

In Toronto, Canada whites ARE in minority already.

1. anime_nanet profile image58
      anime_nanetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YEah Mommy!

7. cathylynn99 profile image76
    cathylynn99posted 13 years ago

i don't think things will change fast. things will be more equal and better for most.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I rarely remember seeing an Asian or black person in my home town as a child. Today in Toronto and Vancouver Canada the largest ethic group is Chinese. We are all going to end up brown skin colour anyways.

I'M ok with no boarder, I just want to see our Worldwide population be out of controlled.

8. Ipeoney profile image70
    Ipeoneyposted 13 years ago

Hi everyone.  Before the Internet was born there were already the so called Pen Pal. And people from Europre, USA and other countries have already intermarriages. After the boom of the Internet intermarriages hit the ceiling and still increasing, so what do think will happen in 1 more century if white, brown, yellow, black mixed. White+brown is lighter brown, white+yellow is lightest brown. Black and white is lightest black. black+brown is lighter black. We will end up with a beautiful brown Lol.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be nice!

9. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

Unbelievable.  Seriously.  Still with the color issues?  Ugh.

10. Ipeoney profile image70

I have lived a long period of time in 3 countries, but I have decided that usually people are people, they almost look the same, and it really doesn't matter what color, people have the same basic needs, love, food, family, shelter, clothing especially in winter countries, needs Parka hehehe.

11. Ipeoney profile image70

Yes the title of this thread is - When "White" is no longer the majority.

12. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

I think the OP is obviously biased in that he claims that white will be THE minority.

This is incorrect, they will be, at best, "a" minority.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)