Spreading the word

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (82 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

I was talking to my buddy Doug who spent a couple years proselytizing in Serbia. At first they weren't allowed in the country because they only allowed government ran churches there. The mission president told the missionaries to pray for them to be able to spread the gospel in that area. A couple weeks went by and the leader of the country was the victim of a political assasination, the new guy let the missionaries in.

I see this as a testimony to the assertation that the Lord's work will not be frustrated by oppressive people. What I want to know is why some people see proselytixing as a bad thing.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is a good thing to pray; but one should pray to the Creator-God Allah YHWH ; to whom Moses and Jesus prayed and He heard their prayers.

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not disagreeing with that.

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just pointed out to the Truth; there is no compulsion in the matters of faith.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you think that god wanted someone to murder the religious leader so that the missionaries could preach the gospel?  And you are okay with it. 

Sounds more like premeditated murder by an unnamed replacement.

1. profile image0

I don't know but it sure was a coincidence. I can assure you they weren't praying for somone's demise. Are you ok with God doing it to countless bad guys in the bible?

1. profile image0

If you mean the countless bad guys like innocent woman and children, no absolutely not! It is much less a coincidence then it is murder.  God had nothing to do with it, that I can "assure" you.

1. profile image0

When in the bible does God kill innocent women and children?

1. profile image0

So if you are implying that 'god' doesn't do anything, then I will agree but since you are one of those peeps who believes that all the Bible is inspired by god, then you can start with Genesis and end with Revelation.  There are so many it's hard to keep count but I am sure there is a website out there somewhere with all the dead listed in the Bible inspired by god.

1. hanging out profile image60
                hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean when god killed the baby killers.
                and you like baby killers and baby molesters and people who burn other people alive and people who like to drink blood
                And you sandra think god should be punished for destroying people like that?

you have no idea how much this disgusts me.

1. profile image0

yes, all inspired by god right, your god right.  I can hardly take offense to your disgust with me since you also find children who aren't "Christians" disgusting and worthy of death too.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
              Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read the Old Testament. The Hebrews, when they finally entered the "land of promise" invaded towns and killed and murdered innocent gentiles. Women and children were not spared. So according to the Bible, God told the 12 Tribes of Israel to do this.

I think that's pretty twisted.

And for the record, I'm sure you're a great guy. You appear not to be a complete basher. However, in 35 years or so, after a LOT of life has taken you by the gonads and thrown you around against the brick wall a few hundred times, you may not be as sure then as you are know about your religion, God and the whole enchilada. But whatever happens, stay with what is good.

1. profile image0

I certainly hope that I don't come off as a "Basher" I think it's a tad counter productive. I have had some hard times, probably not as hard as you might have experienced, I have struggled with addictive behavior, lost multiple jobs, failed miserably at various things, dissapointed friends and parents etc. Regardless, Life has been good to me, and I havn't been so good to life. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the standard by which I live right now has never been more fufilling.

2. hanging out profile image60

There are no innocents, wait till islam shows up! this is what God had to deal with when he took a group of people unskilled in war and took them into a foreign land full of bloodthirsty killers who did not have the 10 commandments to rule over them.
            think woman, think!

1. profile image0

Your god sent a bunch of unskilled me into war to be murdered?  Nice.

2. pylos26 profile image70
          pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

A comic book has as much credibility as you bible.

1. profile image0

I don't really take your version of morality as credibile.

3. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish someone would come to the US and try to spread the word of their God to you, and then maybe you will see how arrogant your views are.

You would, no doubt, prepare to fight them to the death.

So I ask you, do you think FOREIGNERS, coming to the US to spread the word of THEIR God is a bad thing?

If not, why?

1. profile image0

Fight them to the death?! I think not. I usually tell them that I have already found Jesus and politely send them on their way.

1. getitrite profile image72

That's the point.  They don't give a s-!t about your Jesus.  Just like people like you didn't give a damn about the Native American's deities...or the Africans, etc.

WTF?

1. profile image0

So because I disagree with their beliefs means they should not be allowed to share them with others?

Though I may disagree with what you have to say, (And I definately do,) I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Who in the hell said anything about sharing?  When western man goes to these so called third world countries it is not to share your nonsensical beliefs, but rather to tell the Natives that the Native's beliefs are wrong, hence the Natives should convert to your BS.

Then they begin the plunder.

BTW, I expect you to disagree with me, because you suffer from Christ Psychosis.

1. profile image0

Well unfortunately sometimes sharing with others might have to involve informing them that they are wrong. Is it wrong for a math teacher to correct somone when they have screwed up an equasion? It just might cause the student's whole world to crumble but I guarantee they will grow from the experience because they will become more efficient mathmaticians.

Christ psychosis? Your insulting demeaner only proves that you are influenced by a dark spirit.

4. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you would study the history of death and destruction caused by missionaries all over this planet, you might experience an epiphany.
      It amazes me how unread and ignorant most of you believers are.
      I'm just putting it bluntly and honestly.
      When I read comments like the one you posted, I am disgusted!

1. profile image0

I'm amazed that the secular world still associates God with an apostate, midevil, warmonging, church that taught precepts contrary to his true nature. That long period between the mortal sojourn of Christ and our day was spent devoid of communication between mankind and their creator, and is the fufillment of several prophecies that the world would fall away from the basic truths of the gospel. That time however is over, let the healing begin.........

1. qwark profile image61

Onus:
          Where do you come up with this "hogwash?"
          Missionaries are just as insidiously deadly as they were anytime in monotheistic history.
          Missionaries spread belief in fairytale supernatural entities to the illiterate and abjectly ignorant peoples of the earth who are easily led and who live in deprivation and without hope. They program young minds to meet their needs and increase their membership. They are interested in power and control, the same thing all monotheistic cults have promulgated down thru their deadly history.
          From what I read in your comments, you too have been "programmed." Your bigotry and lack of interest in reality have been diminished to the point of frustration.
          I read "stuff" that you believers write and am aghast at your level of illiteracy in ref. to the subject you proselytize as truth.
          This is not a personal attack. I am just telling it as I understand it from many years of study and research.
          You, obviously lack that study and research. You are a "follower," not a thinker.

1. profile image56
            exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what you can not see you can not accept, but that is OK, I have seen and felt the power of God, You can study man's writings all you want you will not find Him, you have to search with your heart

1. qwark profile image61

Exorter:
              I will put the same question to you I put to all mislead followers.
              There is not one scripture in any monotheistic writing that defines this god thing you believe in in any form but opinion and conjecture.
              So your beliefs are all based upon hope and guess.
              Pls provide for all of us any scripture you think defines this god thing in any form but opinion and conjecture.
              If you can't then you are not a credible advocate of that which you proselytize as truth. You are but a "follower." You are certainly not a knowledgeable thinker.
              No insult intended just my honest view.

2. profile image0

Well I'm not exactly sure as to what you believe in, so I'm not going to make any assumptions. The mere fact that you claim my beliefs to be a fairy tale is hypocritical to the alternative conjecture that men came from monkeys. You see neither theory has been or will be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. So both end up being upheld by faith, one being in men/monkies and the other in God the creator. 
            Now as to the topic of "power and control," as you so insidiously lable the institution of religious worship. I think it is important to recognize that one of the most basic precepts of the priesthood of God is that it is inseperably connected with the powers of Heaven, and that the powers of heaven can only be handled or controled by principles of righteousness, and when those who attempt to exercise control, dominion, or compulsion over the souls of men to the least degree of unrighteousness, the authority of that man is withdrawn in Heaven and on Earth.

No power by the laws of heaven can be maintained except by virtue of kindness, love, meekness, charity, and pure knowledge which enalrges the soul without hypocracy or guile.

1. qwark profile image61

Onusonus:
              Oh if you would/could only search for what you speak of: " wish continue to grow in the knowledge of eternal truths."
              I'd love for you to experience the kind of epiphany I did when I finally reached the "age-of-reason" and the "truth" finally hit home.
              I don't know if there's any hope for you when it comes to realizing and understanding "TRUTHS."
              I wish ya luck.
              All I can do is hope that one day, that light bulb above your head will flip on and shine with a brightness that will illuminate your dark, empty world and allow you to be witness to the incredible, true world you exist within.
              I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.....:-)

1. profile image0

I know what Jesus said, it is written in several books. Above all I know who he is because that spirit which posesses my body has felt his presence. There's certainly no guile here, I wish all the best for you. And I don't mean that in an "I feel sorry for you because your going to Hell" kind of way. I believe that the knowledge which you leave this world with will be carried with you to the next, and into the eternities.
                Trust me, the light bulb is on, I know exactly where I am and what I am doing. again as Volitare once said, "I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

1. qwark profile image61

Onusonus:
                  Sorry my friend, you do not "KNOW" what this jesus said.
                  You, as you say, read books stating what he alledgedly said.
                  It's all heresay.
                  You MUST study the history and evolution of your beliefs. It is obvious to one who has, that you are lacking terribly in knowledge about that which you proselytize.
                  You are being civil. Ty.
                  Giving lips service about that which you seem to know very little, places you in line with an endless multitude of "followers," not thinkers.
                  That light above the head is not on....you think it is but you haven't looked up yet.
                  Fingers are still crossed for ya...:-)

1. profile image0

Whatever, I'm not going to spend the rest of the day going back and forth with you. I am an intelligent person, I can read and decipher things for myself, and never in my life have I ever kept the company of a group of people who are so in touch, who know so profoundly the issues facing us, who look so deeply into the old, stay so open to the new, and weigh so carefully, thoughtfully, and prayerfully everything in between, as the people whom I meet with on Sunday afternoons.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...well, if you look at Canadian history...First Nation people were forced to not practice their beliefs and to not speak their native tongues...there are more than a few hundred languages in Canada....some of those languages are now lost..., later, children were removed from their homes and forced into residential schools to learn cultures and beliefs that were foreign...at the same time families were devastated of course...FN people were told their belief system was wrong basically. Canada is still experiencing the results of those actions...forcing people to conform to a different belief system and culture.  I'm sure the church and government throughout those times, did not look at it as forcing beliefs upon anyone, but that's what happened. Some of the beliefs/practices were made illegal and were only made legal a few decades ago.  Family and very sacred ceremonial head gear/dress and other items were taken away and have been distributed all over the world...these were held within families for hundreds of years...and most of it is gone.  Luckily now the FN people here are now contacting various museums, governments, individuals etc throughout the world and negotiating for some of those very sacred items back.

We still have 'indian' reservations here...this is the year 2010.

So...my immediate reaction and thoughts are in relation to what happened here in Canada.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and the FN people believe(d) in their own creator as being the one...but in Canada we told them it was wrong....

2. profile image0

Sounds a little like early US. history. Sad really, but we learn, we grow, we advance as a socioty.

...i'd like to believe that...however...I feel it is still happening....my question is "why is it necessary to locate into another country to 'spread the word' when they already have their beliefs'...is it to tell them 'they are wrong?'

1. profile image0

If you feel that the truth has been revealed to you by a divine source one might be inclined to share it with others.

i understand that...however, what if people already have their own 'truth'.  I took a peak at one your hubs...and as you know conflicting beliefs cause conflict...so why take the chance going into another country and possibly creating conflict.

I think, people and their beliefs and cultures just need to be left alone....if someone is looking for something, they'll search it out and find it.

I also struggle with people who could be perceived as 'preying' on those that could appear and/or are vulnerable.

1. profile image0

you are right, there is a chance that there will be conflict, but I find it worth the risk if there are people who are willing to listen to what you have to say. Just as Abraham went into the city of Soddom to retrieve his nephew from emminent danger so should we be afforded the opportunity to retrieve those who's spirits are ready to receive the gospel message, wether they be on the individual level or even for those who span over an entire country.
              I think everyone desreves the opportunity to hear the truth and decide for themselves weather or not to accept it.

...well, i guess we agree to disagree....my side of the equation is based on history in Canada as only 1 example...direct history and the present that i am aware of...gov't/church figured FN's needed to hear the truth too....i can't see it any different because i truly don't think society has learned from past mistakes...i believe they are repeated over and over....and unfortunately i believe mistakes will continue to be repeated.

The FN beliefs are 'truth' too....my beliefs are 'truth' too....your beliefs are 'truth' too.....etc. etc.

I would rather be going to countries that need tangible help like helping them set up clean water systems to drink and grow food or bringing medical aid to treat disease....rather than something intangible like a 'message' that will not keep their families alive or help them become self-sufficient....they already have their beliefs and truths....we in the western world don't seem to understand the real needs of others outside of our 'bubble' and comfort zone.

....logging off now....

2. alternate poet profile image68
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so what did you learn from the history of 'spreading' your religion in Canada in the post - clearly absolutely nothing !

If you want society to gorw then you should grow the society and its humanity not waste your time trying to proliferate the religious intolerance and opression of hte past 1000+ years - or are suggesting that the 'dark ages' were a good thing ?

1. profile image0

My religion started in the 1800's, the dark ages were just that; dark.

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago
    1. profile image0

They all got what they deserved. They knew the law and the punnishment affixed to it, They broke it anyway. none of them were innocent. That was a terrible example.

1. profile image0

So now no one is innocent and everyone deserves to die except for you because you believe in Christ, right?  If he really wanted to get the attention he thinks he deserves, then he should probably stop murdering people. wink

1. profile image0

Oh I'm definately not exempt from the rest of the pile. I've comitted multiple acts against humanity I'm definately as bad if not worse than the average sinner.
          Seriously though that was a long list and I'm not gonna spend the rest of the night reftuing those accusations.

2. hanging out profile image60

He wouldn't have to murder them if they just did the right thing. Isn't this what you want and all people. A god that reveals himself, right? where you can see him, but hey, you better not sin now because sin in society just leads to a rotten society, sin ruins lives and systems, so God since he is revealed will slap your hand! how many times? 1,000 or 10,000 eventually even God would think, "what a stiffnecked people, time to turn up the heat".
          Your solution, you think, is that God will come along and take all the problems away and change your fleshly lustfulness into something sweet and everybody else too, so that you are not vicitimized lol and that he will approve of and that won't hurt society. Okay maybe this is fine for you but some corporate big wig who has to appease shareholders.. or shall god just drop manna from the sky to eat and everyone can stop working..
          The bible is gods word, it is sensible, wise beyond all wisdom. God knows how a world can be successful and it is by sinlessness. In all areas, not just one or two.
          In utopia no one ever hurts another.

1. profile image0

At least you can admit your god is a murderer.

didn't say he was wrong though, did u read the post from me below?

2. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the same line of logic Hitler and Stalin used. smile

4. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

ill just grab something random to dispell the misbegotten foul lie that unbelievers who are carnal in thought can interpret the bible.
      Kill Brats
          From there Elisha went up to Bethel.  While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him.  "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!"  The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord.  Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.  (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

okay.. heres the new testament equivalent (notice nobody died here)
      Mark 3:29   But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Jesus said this, he was talking about himself. Full of the holy ghost of god he was said to be working by beelzebub, not satan, a false god of the babylonians. Blaspheming against the holy spirit, slandering the work of the holy ghost and accrediting it to another false source carries with it, in the NT a sentence of death.
      In the OT, the sentence is carried out immediately. What these kids did was essentially what happened to jesus. Elisha was the OT type of Jesus.
      BTW, these kids were outcasts from their families, which most families don't do in jewish custom as family is very important. You had to be one bad kid to have this happen but it did and these kids would get together and become a gang and rob and steal.
      Baldhead is a remark in reference to babylonian ceremonial hair cutting its not just a off sided comment that doesn't have any heretical implications.

I see no problem here.
      want another?
      God Kills the Curious
          And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people fifty thousand threescore and ten MEN; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter.  And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?   (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

If we recall the story in context. Israel was never to take the ark into battle unless the Lord said so, but they did and this action reduced the ark to some magical symbol instead of where Gods holy presence dwelt, between the cherubiums. The battle where israel lost the ark and the ark went to the philistines and so was away from israel for some time. This is not what God wanted in the first place, so when israel got the ark and sacrificed yet did not repent of their action of demoting the ark from holy dwelling place to magic box (they were told never to look inside the ark, but they did) hence God smote them and they never looked in the ark again. Hence total number of hebrews felled by looking into the ark in 4,000 yrs, fifty thousand threescore and ten men. Number of independent incidences = 1.

Number of innocent babies and women killed = 0

Now give us your happy face smile

1. secretmemoir profile image60
        secretmemoirposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so does that make it okay to kill and shred any smart-mouth teenager when they talk back to their parents/teachers?

2. getitrite profile image72

This does not sound like a religious belief, but more like a  mental illness.  Seriously, my friend, find some professional help.

SERIOUSLY!!!

I was being sarcastic

I was not talking to you!
            That response was clearly aimed at Hanging Out.

oeky dokey

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

Love peace free. Thank you. Go in peace.

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Here is some more of the "word" to spread from the "good book" itself!
    Kill children?
    How many references would you like?

From there Elisha went up to Bethel.  While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him.  "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!"  The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord.  Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.  (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

LOL i answered this before i even knew you were here earnest!!

hahaha
      you picked the one you thought nobody could ever refute.

read above.
      God has his eye on you.
      i don't believe in coincidences

how many references you got?

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

No interpretations.
    Just the words straight from the bible as you can clearly see.

You are the only one doing any interpreting here! lol lol lol

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

http://www.rationalitynow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/funny-picture-11420180911.jpg

1. profile image0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You got that right on the target. Be wise as a serpent, gentle as a dove. We live in a society that is wolves in sheep clothing. They do a lot of talking and howling professing they are wise, ever learning but never coming to the truth and knowledge of GOD. Light dispels darkness and darkness can never dispel the light. Darkness covers the earth like the waters covers the sea. Darkness is blinded by the light. They are always trying to put out the light on the earth. If they get a chance to kill the light , they will do it and if not this way then by blowing hot air out of their mouths speaking about things they do not know about because they are in darkness and not the light where you can say: I can see clearly now the darkness has been removed from my mind in understanding the mystery of life for human beings which is LOVE PEACE FREE this is what every human being is to the core of their being. If you can not understand this truth, then you are cover in darkness. The opposite of love peace free is what you see all around you every day of your life. Be love be peace be free like I am and you will get the same results like I get in my life of being LOVE PEACE FREE. Thank you. go in peace. P.S. If you are not seeing LOVE PEACE FREE, then you are seeing the opposite and whatever a man soweth, that is what he reaps. Plain and simple. FAITH IN GOD WHILE LIVING ON THE EARTH. THE EARTH IS COVER IN DARKNESS AND THE WORLD CAN NOT COMPREHEND THE LIGHT. BLINDED BY THE LIGHT!

2. profile image0

Jesus Christ said: No man can come to the Father except GOD draws him to himself. That includes me and I am spreading the word of LOVE PEACE FREE. I myself might have to ride in this kind of vehicle to live long upon the earth if I ever become a public figure in life. I enjoy my being behind the scene as an ambassador of Jesus  Christ. My only concern is doing GOD'S will for my life. Thank you. Go in peace.

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

http://www.funnyjunksite.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/funnyjunksite_cows.jpg

1. anime_nanet profile image59
      anime_nanetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My feelings exactly

10. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Word of Truth should be spread everywhere; it is beneficial for the humanity.

11. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Not talking about morality...talking about credibility...duh...

12. DaKingsKid profile image73
    DaKingsKidposted 13 years ago

Onus,
      Sounds like a lot of redirection and confusion in what has been written on your page. I just would like to encourage you in the faith. Continue to fight the good fight and press into the things of God.. Search Him out with all you Heart.. You know who your teacher is and you have an anointing that teaches you all things.. You are to rightly divide the word.. You know your Fathers Voice.. May God increase in you greatly in revelation and understanding.. You are His Child. A prince. In knowing Him we find who we are and truly why we where created.. May God continue to pour His spirit out on all those around you and into the lives of those God will bring to you.. His testimony is True... Be Blessed Brother.. Son of the Most High...

1. profile image0

The redirection is to be expected in open forum. I appreciate your admonition and always wish continue to grow in the knowledge of eternal truths. God be with you friend.

13. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

No one...NO ONE! knows what this jesus christ said!
    To say "jesus said" is the most obvious sign of the the speakers ignorance of his beliefs that I can, at this moment, think of!
    Ludicrous to say the least!
    lmoa!

1. profile image0

Blinded by the light. Thank you. Go in peace my fellow human being.

14. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Word of Truth should be spread everywhere; it is beneficial for the humanity.

15. Captain Jimmy profile image61
    Captain Jimmyposted 13 years ago

To the true believer their is nothing else but the Word of God who is Jesus!

John 1:1   In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2   The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3   All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:4   In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:5   And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Spreading the word is our service to God!

Romans 1:8   First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Be-Still-and-Know-that-I-Am-God

1. qwark profile image61

Jimmy:
      You are a follower...you haven't done your homework.
      You display this lack of knowledge publicly which means you are pitifully brainwashed. tsk tsk

1. Captain Jimmy profile image61
        Captain Jimmyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I used to be brainwashed, Jesus has truly set me free!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Rescued

1. profile image0

Captain Jimmy: Amen. Keep on keeping on. Thank you and go in peace.

16. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

One thing that bothers me in reading these posts is the arrogance of some who say "believers" try to force their religion on others... yet from sitting back and just watching I see it being pushed from both sides! When one will say another is "brainwashed" and "you're a follower" and telling someone there's no hope for them in realizing the truths... and hoping one the day the light bulb will go off...and telling them they are not a knowledgable thinker... I just wonder how they see that they are not pushing their belief systems as well?? LOL!!! A "believer" may say the other is wrong and their belief is right... but the other side does the exact same thing in almost a mirrored way! Everything I've seen above is some of the same wordings used by believers to convert! In non-believers rantings and ravings and pushing of their own truths they are turning their own belief system into a religion all on its own!

Apparently there are only a handful of people in the world who have realized the truth and are trying to hound it in the heads of everyone else! They have uncovered the secrets of life and want to share it with the ignorant!

Stop saying believers are pushing their beliefs on you when in fact it goes both ways! Neither side should point any fingers! We are all guilty! I have did more reading tonight than posting and it's both! And both sides religiously push their concepts!

I don't think anyone in here can be swayed either way! There will never be resolution in hubpages on this topic! There will always be right and wrong! I guess it all boils down to who is actually right and who is wrong!

1. profile image0

You can't be wrong by being love being peace being free as an human being on the earth. I am proclaiming this and it stands on it own. This is the word for all human beings. I take full responsibility for this word of love peace free. I am sharing this with you because this is who you are to the core of your being. what you do with this is your choose. Easy to understand this. Just be love be peace be free. My mission of spreading this word is complete. i wish everyone love peace free in their life on earth and throughout all eternity. Thank you. go in peace. Just be it.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have only described what others point out as flaws in reasoning and have not described someone pushing their beliefs. You haven't even pointed out a belief to be pushed.

They do no such thing. The non-believer only questions the logic of the believer or points out the contradicts of the beliefs themselves, often citing some evidence or demonstration to show the believer why the belief is based entirely on faith.

Offering up common sense is not the same as pushing a belief.

Fair enough. But, can you actually cite those "truths they are turning into their own belief system ... religion"? What beliefs are they actually pushing exactly?

Are you referring to Christians, Muslims, ... who exactly? What truths are you talking about?

What concepts are non-believers pushing? Evolution? Biology? Homophobia? Racism? Delusion? Can you be more specific?

There seems to be a lot more conflict in the world in regards to which religion is right and which is wrong, from many sides of the believers camp. God or Allah? Jehova or Vishnu? Thor or Zeus?

There are just too many to choose from, how is that all the believers in the world have decided which of the many religions they will follow?

How did you decide amongst all the other religions to choose the one you now follow, for example?

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)