Why were Adam and Eve ashamed of their nakedness?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (172 posts)
  1. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Why, for goodness sakes, if Adam and Eve were created in the likeness of their "makers,"who, also must have been naked, did they scramble for the bushes to find fig leaves to cover their genitals? What would be the reason for the shame they felt?
    This is all alledged of course.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i don't think the whole fig leave covering genitals in accurate.  if anything, i think modern artists just depict it that way due to content and moral standard issues of today. i think the real adam and eve didn't wear any clothes or leaves if you ask me.

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean you actually believe there was a real Adam & Eve?  Funny!

1. profile image0

yes and no.  if i told you my interpretation of what believe adam and eve actually were, then it would probably blow your mind, as i have my own theory behind it.  of course, i can't prove it to you, nor can i disprove it.  however, i doubt seriously you'd understand it if i told you. not saying anything bad about you but unless your actually willing to LISTEN without criticizing and dismissing what i say, then you'll never get it if i told you my hypothesis.  besides, you and everyone else here aren't really that much different, as people believe what they want to believe anyways.  why do you think there's always arguments and bans on these type of forums.  think about that the next time you debate with someone on here.  have you ever witnessed anyone changing their religious point of views on here in forums?  like ever?  if not, then i rest my case.  lol.  however, your free to believe what you want.  smile

1. alternate poet profile image67
            alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But that is  not why we argue - we argue to prevent the babblers persuading the undecided voter to their side - we are actively working toward peace and love for all by providing deeply reasoned argument, correcting misinformation and seriously taking the p//ss out of bibble babble. smile

1. profile image0

uh huh, and you don't think your not considered babblers to the other parties argument?  that's very interesting.  seeing as how there's always two sides to every story. 

you sound like a politician by the way trying to persuade someone to believe that lies and deceit come from the other party.  when reality both sides are equally flawed and both babble misinformation in an attempt to make the other party look bad, so it'll help their cause.  instead of offering issues of why their side is right, they offer arguments why the other side is wrong.  to think your side is different from the other is illogical. 

it's like me talking to a guy, from russia, about the difference between capitalism and communism.  sure, we can debate all day about which form of society is better, but both our arguments will be biased, as neither one of us have first hand knowledge what the other side is like.  he has no idea what it's like to be in a capitalistic society, and i have no idea what it's like to be in a communist society.  that's the problem with people these days.  they pick up a freaking book or look online about something, then assume they're experts on almost ANYTHING they care to read or research.  however, what they fail to understand is that there is a distinct difference between learning something that you researched than ACTUALLY KNOWING the both sides of the story. 

Sure, it's easy to look at middle eastern farmers, and wonder why the heck to do they live in a damn desert.  Where anyone that knows agriculture will tell you that nothing ever grows out in the freaking desert.  however, you have to remember that's part of their culture, and probably don't know any other way to live.  who are we to say they're wrong?  its their culture, so why should we judge and dictate to them?  besides, look at how gloriously well our influence is working on iraq.  roll

anyways, i hope that doesn't offend you, as that's not my intention.  however, nobody should ever dictate or tell the other party what to believe.

Stevennix - I could almost agree with you except that many of the 'other' side are the only ones who have been on both sides of the fence, I for one was brought up catholic, in a catholic convent to boot, and got the inevitable intense religion as they thought I should become a priest !

Also, in my case I have lived both sides of fence with regrds to your other example, I am a brit and live in China, via Poland for a while when getting in and out was always under the watchful eye of a squad of Russian tanks.

But actually you miss the point.  It is not about simply oopposing or abusing, I consider religion to be the main obstacle to the progress of civilisation to a more peaceful and productive world.

1. profile image0

hmm..i guess your one of the rare few that has a good idea of both sides of this issue then. 

as far as religion impeding science is concerned, i think you might be right about that. as most wars statistically are started over religion.  which is really ironic, seeing as how it was originally meant to bring peace and harmony to people's lives.  only to be used a tool now to justify insane and cruel acts like the al quaeda did in 9/11.

2. Disturbia profile image60
            Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I for one would love to hear your theory behind the story of Adam and Eve.  I bet it's pretty interesting.  I suspect covering up their bodies had more to do with protection than shame anyway, but then I don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve, I believe there were first humans of course and covering their genitals, or feet, or heads, or anything else was a matter of survival.

You are correct, of course, no one here in the forums who debates religion ever changes their mind, they just keep on making the same arguments over and over and even things not directly related to religion can often become the same old debate about whether or not God exists and who is or is not right. Does it matter?  Not to me, and probably not to a whole lot of people who are not involved in the debates either.   But anyway, some day I'd like to hear your interpretation, just because I find what you said about it interesting.

3. getitrite profile image72

THERE WAS NO ADAM & EVE!!!  So any theory about them is irrelevant.  Whether you can prove your theory or not is not the question.  The question is does your theory make sense?

1. Disturbia profile image60

LOL, oh please, I don't have to prove Adam and Eve did or didn't exist, if you believe they did, good for you, if you believe they didn't good for you too, it's a matter of faith.  No one can prove they did or didn't exist, and maybe you care, but I sure don't.

1. profile image0
                klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oooooh! And this is coming from a red-haired avatar that shares an unusual resemblance to Lilith. LOL I LOVE IT!!! big_smile

2. getitrite profile image72

There is nothing I can do about the delusional thinking of some people, but it is rather disturbing, Disturbia, that you think it can all be explained away by faith. Faith in nonsense is just nonsense.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62
                  Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There was a Adam and Eve. Getrite,will you please tell us how people arrived on this earth?  I very much look forward to your answer.

Go loook it up - there are thousands and thousands of really good factual books out there that explain this simple concept - there are also childrens books of you find them too big.

You can't be seriously debating this issue with such elementary and uninformed reasoning.

Please acquire some rudimental knowledge, then you and I will be able to actually debate this subject.

Neither of us knows how life really arrived on earth, but that does not default to Adam & Eve.  Adam & Eve is the silliest conclusion to arrive at, when pondering the beginnings of life.

2. hanging out profile image60
              hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

THERE WAS AN ADAM AND A EVE!!!!  (if you can yell one liners than so can i)

the story about them is part of the bible. Whether you can disprove this theory or not is not the question. The question is does your theory make sense in context with the bible. Any delusional thinking of some people contrary to the bible is disturbing. If I think rational thinking can be explained away by faith then truly i am a believer!

How many times does your bible have to be debunked before you understand what debunked means.

That means your scripture has been dismissed as irrelevant nonsense.  Mere fairytales.  But you ignore common sense and keep right on with the obnoxious BS.

Your bible has no authority, and anyone thinking it does is suffering the effects of severe psychosis.  DISTURBING!

Why are you so angry getitrite? You are only hurting yourself, not me. No need to lash out at other people who believe.

brother yochanan totally whipped two of your hubs getitrite and has defused so many debunkings against the bible i don't see where you get off saying that with any honesty at all. You must be an atheist using that sliding scale of truth you want everybody else to adhere to lol now thats DISTURBING

2. profile image53
      gkrooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They weren't ashamed at first, but there was something about 'eating the apple' that made them somebody else.  You cannot be ashamed of something if you don't know what it is.

3. Alien invasion profile image59
      Alien invasionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was a cold day in Eden and there was a distinct draft in the area, that's when Adam looked down and saw his junk shrinking into oblivion. It was pretty embarassing.

1. profile image53
        gkrooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, and it scared Adam!  He had to cover it up.

4. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure about shame...but I'm pretty sure the first thing Adam said when he saw Eve naked was"Stand Back Eve...I Don't Know How BIG This Things Gonna GET!"

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Before eating the forbidden fruit, they were unaware that they were naked, they didn't even know what naked was. It was not until they ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, did they finally realize that they were naked, and the shame they felt was because God found them out and learned that they had eaten from the tree, breaking God's only rule for them. The shame was in their disobedience, not in their nakedness.

1. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dave:
        You havent thought this thru.
        Nowhere in the text of the bible does it say that this god thing made his creations aware of pain, suffering, punishment, evil, the devil, temptation, on and on....yet this demented, omniscient god thing allowed the serpent to tempt his creations knowing full well what was going on and what his children were going to do, then punished them horribly for that which they had no knowledge of or preparation for. If this god thing is omniscient and omnipotent, it knew the serpent was in the tree, knew what it was going to do and could have stopped the whole incident right there. In Fact, if this god thing is omniscient, "it" knew what the devil had in mind and did nothing to keep it from happening. Why is it you believers read without thought and understanding?  whew!

1. hanging out profile image60

Quark:
          You haven't thought this thru. Nor do you know the scriptures.
          Genesis 2:21   And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the FLESH instead thereof;

Genesis 2:23   And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and FLESH of my FLESH: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

The key word here is FLESH. flesh was the same then as it is today. When it gets poked with a sharp object it screams, when it stubs its toe it hurts.. the emotions etc.. are all there.
          Researching the holy scriptures further we see that adam and eve were discovering a part of themselves they had not known before.

Genesis 3:5   For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.  The attributes you describe ( pain, suffering, punishment, evil, temptation - although you have a mixed bag here) were new to Adam and Eve so they dealt with the situation like every human outside of Gods will does, as best they can. They sewed aprons or leaves for a covering, and this (I can't believe YOU went on like this, yknow language like this really does prove nothing and is useless in a discussion: demented, omniscient god thing - God is a person in jesus christ and a father in the spirit - now give us your happy face smile
          Genesis 3:21   Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. God came along with a better idea and gave them better (solutions) to their problem of nakedness.
          If you haven't been reading the hubs around town or some posts there has been much inclination to speculate that the serpent was not an actual real snake. And for your benefit to that i will add serpent is indicative of false doctrine and some have mentioned that the serpent may have been adam and eves internal struggle with choosing good and evil, hence why god did not show up early and stop the snake or why adam and eve didn't give the serpent a good thumping or ask God to remove it. Your outdated information is really cumbersome to the new age thinking christian, we are beyond the childish surmisings of our predecessors. Won't you catch up?
          It's not so much we lack thought and understanding WE (rhetoric) often go by that which has been taught to us and without rethinking it, for surely the stumblingblocks you mention did stumble us, but then again we don't rely on Genesis to confirm what we experience in God everyday, the teachings of our predecessors are based on faith, they didn't understand it either but yet they knew, as we do, that God exists, is alive, etc and on and on. But in these last times, God is revealing his word in another layer or depth and these past confusions that were alive are dead now to a new enlightenment, proof that Gods word is infallible and because our white bred north american minds cannot instinctively know what the hebrew connotations with serpent were 6,000 yrs ago. But i say,  BRAVO to my predecessors because they held firm inspite of their unrevealed knowledges.

1. qwark profile image61

Hangin: lmao! (no insult intended)
            You are a PERFECT example of why there exist about 40k differing protestant sects (cults) worldwide. Each has its own interpretation of the words in a tome that is so full of contradictions and mistakes in thought that it is about as credible as is "Alice in Wonderland."
            Each of these "cults" is convinced it has the right understanding of words alledgedly inspired by a mythical supernatural divinity.
            You make as much sense as any of them...which is none.
            I read your words and chuckle at the extremity of ignorance, you publicly, and proudly display in your monotheistic ranting.
            You exist as but one of billions of primitive thinkers that may be responsible for a massive reduction in human population.
            But, your ilk is what makes the forum fun and interesting....but scary!   :-)

I've researched this and i have found that most churches which make up this 40k you talk of are named by country not entire different denominations. If you can once again i am asking for consideration, BACK UP your statements I would be entirely happy.
              http://www.adherents.com/ midway down the page offers a comprehensive list of religious beliefs. I inject that Acharya's Yoga and Meditation Centre is not christian, nor is Acholi, Abkhazian, Acheh, Acholi (african culture), lol i don't wanna go through more but you can see the innacuracy of your statement for another comprehensive detail go to:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ch … ominations
              here you will see that many of these denominations are named by COUNTRY and therefore cannot be construed as different sects and neither can be construed as cults. (your inference of cult is just that, inference, please do not try to pass your guesses as proof)
              http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/hangingout1/christian%20photos/denominations.gif?t=1285384732
              "I read your words and chuckle at the extremity of ignorance, you publicly, and proudly display in your monotheistic ranting". Well now you can EAT those WORDS and believe me i am the one chuckling.
              "You exist as but one of billions of primitive thinkers that may be responsible for a massive reduction in human population.
              But, your ilk is what makes the forum fun and interesting....but scary!" and this i say to you with proof! not just an inference of an opinion which is so far from the truth, i think you might be hiding in a hole ashamed to show your type around here until you learn better.
              Have a nice moment or two

2. qwark profile image61

Thanks Hangin' you just made my point better than I ever could! lol

lol
              your welcome, but i don't think it was your point.. In this you infer incorrectly as well.
              but thats your sliding scale of truth working for you.
              makes it easy to deny all sorts of things and come up smelling like roses huh.

I think you have just made his point again - better than he did big_smile

6. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's quite simple....Eve laughed at the size of Adams todge and then in turn Adam said Eve's bush was way too hairy, sort of like a fuzzy muppet....they had to cover up, because they were both disgusted by each others freakyness!

1. qwark profile image61

Waynet: Thats as good as any answer I've seen yet...lol

7. jay_kumar_07 profile image59
      jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

When we feel our NUDE  in our life   -   WHY
      All of our BRAIN are same  but different knowledge -WHY

JESUS told       - Hevenly kingdom is for child     - WHY
                                   - Change yourself as like child  -WHY
                                 - pl Allow children to reach me     -WHY
      TODAY We can see the people in this world who dosent know about NUDE - We put a name MENTAL to them   - WHY

This all ZIG-ZAK  movements are made by one jelouesy Hevenly person[DEVIL].

Devil creat the shortcircut in GODS creation.He spoild the creation and seperated from GOD and enjoy the world .

That is why devil told JESUS that Jump down and your kingdom people can save you -at the time of Temptation period .

DEVIL KNOWS JESUS IS NOT A SHORTCIRCUTED CREATION.
      When can we prove ourselfs are not shortcircuted creation.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I'll take a wild guess ...   Maybe they were just in a state of shock because they just noticed it ??

Maybe when they noticed it They did something with it.

Maybe Adam thought that he broke his and thought that he was going to get in trouble for its current condition.

How long will it be before he can dig clams with it so he can present them to the  the Lord?

Yea...  I think that he broke it doing something that he thought he wasn't supposed to do.  ????

3. Medora Trevilian profile image60
    Medora Trevilianposted 13 years ago

Well, I'm no expert, but I gather from the story that Adam and Eve were completely unabashed about their nakedness until they ate of the fruit. Apparently, that fruit contained detailed knowledge about fashion sense that had previously been withheld from them.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol
      I wondered where than gene came from! lol lol lol

1. qwark profile image61

Evenin' Earn: I knew that'd bring ya forth....lol
        Lets see where it takes us.....muaahhhahahaha!

Adam was a bit weird sexually, having it on with one of his own ribs and all. smile

1. profile image0
            1. qwark profile image61

hahahahahaha......where the hell did'ja get that? irontflmsao!

1. profile image0

it's funny. isn't it?

1. qwark profile image61

hilarious!

2. earnestshub profile image81

smile Poor Eve! lol lol lol

3. profile image0
              ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yer soooo baaad Klara. I loved it. LOLs

2. Disturbia profile image60

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, that's just wrong!

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
            dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey Earnest, maybe if Eve had not hollerd out; "So, what do you think your going to do with that!" he may have been more comfortable   smile

sorry coud not resist!

God has a wonderful sense of fashion. Very humble, sensible, doesn't lead a person to lusting because 3/4 of their skin is outside of the clothing, lol.

4. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Hahahaha... Iloved both of those answers...applause!

5. J.R. Smith profile image59
    J.R. Smithposted 13 years ago

Maybe because they were different? or just modesty? It's a very good question.

6. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 13 years ago

Someone told them to be ashamed, otherwise the artist would not have bothered painting fig leaves over their genitalia.

1. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I figure the artist was the shy one.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60
        Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wasn't it the Victorians.... wandering around slapping fig leaves on everthing ?  They even covered the legs of the tables and piano....

7. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

This is simply a concept wrongly understood from the Bible or the meaning lost in the translation due to not having Bible in the original text Revealed on the original person it was revealed.

When man evolved from animal; in the animal stage there is no  consciousness of being naked. At the stage when conciousness got developed as man realized that man should cover himself/herself with something as destined by the Creator-God Allah YHWH; man got ashamed.

So it was a stage in evolution/creation of human life as desighned by the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

Thanks

1. shakiraaa profile image58
      shakiraaaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

they just do what god let them do..

2. Merlin Fraser profile image60

Ain't you getting a might confused here ?  Which is it to be Evolution or Creationalist.... you can't have it both ways.

I suppose somewhere in the Evolutionary chain of events there must have been an Adam and Eve but in Creationalism there is no Evolution just all that crazy six days of creating.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After finding skeletal remains of many slightly different forms o humanoids, science has come to a conclusion that may or not be true that.
          The procession of evolution.  There is one missing link.
        Just can not find this one set of bones to close the gap,
          Evolution could be true up until that point.
        What if the sons of God came down and made babies with the women of the earth.   
          Half and half just don't work.  Giants in the land and many other deformities.   Experiment gone bad.   ..  OR ..
        Possibly just a necessary stage of development.

Choose only one type of "deformity"  One that was Maybe 25% Angelic and 75% human.  One person that was on the arc fit this criteria.  This person would have been the ancestor of Goliath.

The high breed that had once inhabited the earth had been sufficiently "Toned down" so-to-speak.

All that killing spoken of in the old testament was for the purpose of finishing what the flood started. Elemination of the remenant of undesireable abnormalities produced by the off spring from the sons of God. 

Selective breeding (evolution) at it its finest.

Mission accomplished.

Wild imagionation ? ..definately...  Possible ???? 
          Maybe ?  ...  I don't know.  Just a story?

sons of god are not angels.  Nowhere does god ever call an angel his son. He calls humans his son and as the new testament says:

John 1:12   But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 8:14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Philippians 2:15   That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1 John 3:1   Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:2   Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

and finally
          Hebrews 1:5   For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

There was no interbreeding
          Genesis 6:4   There were giants IN THE EARTH IN THOSE DAYS; and ALSO AFTER THAT, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

relations between angels and man did not make giants as giants were already in the land. sons of God in theology class is taught to be seths lineage and cains is the other lineage.

2. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is a misconception of Bible; the true concept got lost in the literal translation of the original Revelation of the Bible. Quran has corrected the concept of the Bible.

Quran mentions creation of man in different stages and forms; the process is not stopped yet though its most emphasis is now on moral and spiritual.

Bible covers that and everything quite well, thankyou.
          adam named the animals therefore he was not a club totin cave man. evolution in any form does not exist
          your book is crap.
          Why would god send his angel to deliver a completely different doctrine 600 yrs later after the fulfillment of the holy scriptures, OT were complete. I see christ all through the OT, everywhere.

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

@klarawieck - thanks for the laugh!....

9. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

if these mythical beings were anything like todays people it would have to do with tiny titties and teeny winky big_smile

1. profile image0

LOL

And they didn't have viagra back then! sad So sad!

They didn't need it - if they could 'raise' Lazarus then a little guy like that would have been no porblem big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha!

2. profile image0

Poet - Christ raised Lazarus... Adam lived long before that, and keep in mind he was the first man. I'm sure, as it is always the case, first attempts never work correctly. Hence, Eve ate the apple because she was pissed off, probably hormonal, and realized Lilith was right the whole time. Adam was a poor excuse for a man. END OF STORY.

Waddya expect from a guy with a rib missin? lol

and we still have one less rib today, check a skeleton

oops. occasionally an extra pair is found in one out of 50 but we all have 22 pairs of ribs. 12 on each side.
                the bottom two are floaters meaning they do not come all the way around and attach to the front.

i was sure women had 23 pair.

sorry about that.
                guess i have grown some more.

2. Merlin Fraser profile image60

And God spaketh unto Adam, “My son why hast thy not gone to Eve your wife and started the procreation of life as I have instructed you ?”

And Adam did hold his head low in shame saying, “ I was only given life yesterday and you have yet to give us a dictionary and lo I know not this word procreation.”

And God saw his cockup (No pun intended) and commanded Adam to come forth for instruction. But Adam being naked caught his toe in a root and fell only to come in fifth, but yea, that tis another story.

After receiving instruction Adam set forth to find Eve and did find her yonder by the flowing stream washing her hair.  Many hours did pass before Adam returned to the glade where upon the Lord spoketh to Adam once more.

“Adam my son did you doeth my bidding as I commanded and instructed you ?”

Adam replied, “my Lord... what iseth a headache ?”

1. Jewels profile image82
              Jewelsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

PML lol lol
              (peeing myself laughing)

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60

Thank God for Tena Lady.....!

10. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

My only question is: Where was Jerry Springer when all of this was happening?!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

he came after......people started asking the big question -  'who's your daddy'?...someone had to figure it out!

11. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I would have paid good money to see Lilith beating the crap out of Eve while Adam is filing his fingernails. While the audience yells "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" LOL

1. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

..and a better explanation of who the mother of Cane's and Abel's babies was would have offered a different kind of twist for the Springer show, wouldn't it...

3. Disturbia profile image60

Thanks klarawieck for that visual, I think I'm scared for life.  LOL, I love it!  I would pay money to see that too.

12. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

The tree and it's fruit was always innocent .  the command is guilty and gave the tree and fruit their character .

Thus the eating and the reaction of Adam and Eve is merely the work of the command upon their mind.

For it is the death.

You mean they were allergic to apples ?

13. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Snow White ate that poisoned apple, and look at what happened to her (oh, wait, Snow White is a-whole-nother story...).  Hey - wait!  I just bought a nice, big, bag of apples.  I hope they aren't poisoned or forbidden, or anything...   If I don't show up on HubPages after, say, tomorrow - you'll know I ate an apple and am either waiting for my prince to arrive, or else in hell.)  (If any princes show up, I hope they're at least wearing fig leaves, though.)

14. Lita C. Malicdem profile image61
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 13 years ago

God made another error. He realized early on that He didn't want us to see each other naked today, so He duped Eve and went away saying, "That's good!".

15. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons5/kirk.jpg

1. Disturbia profile image60

AWESOME!  That's religion in a nutshell.

16. alternate poet profile image67

Yeah - come on Stevennix - give us something interesting to do instead of trying to ederkate them wot only have one text book.

or spell propa

just trying to fit in with the uneducated and mis-educated flat earthers in this thread.  I also try not to use long words like reasoning, thinking, open-minded etc.

17. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

okay guys, if you really want to know my theory that badly.  i'll tell you.  take in mind, i could be wrong on this, as this is solely based on my opinion.  however, i think when the bible was written it was written metaphorically, and NOT in literal terminology.  if you look and scrutinize every little thing in the bible then of course, it comes off as pure biblical fictitious nonsense.  seriously, how could something as vast and as complex as the universe be created in freaking eight days?

To get back to Adam and Eve, I don't believe there ever was a single person named adam and eve as being the first two humans on earth.  that would be ridiculous, as that would imply anyone in this forum that had sex before all committed incest at some point in their lives, since all of us would be related to adam and eve in some way or another.  No, my belief is that adam is a symbolic representation of all the earlier ancestors of man while eve represents the ancestry of the early women that first developed on earth.  Plus, I do think that darwin's theory and the bible's creationism theory do have a lot of similarities, which is another reason why i believe the bible is written metaphorically.  As I don't view darwin's theory as a contradiction to religion.  no, i view it more as a blue print for what the bible was alluding to.

my rationality behind that is this.  adam and eve came from the jungle.  so did early depictions of mankind in darwin's theory.  who's to say that the bible wasn't speaking metaphorically to depict Adam as the early ancestry of mankind.  While making Eve be a representation of all the early women.  Secondly, i don't think adam and eve ever wore clothing, and i doubt they even looked human.  no, i think if anything they looked more like apes or neanderthals if you will. 

now, before you all start questioning me about what does the snake and apple represent in the theory that i have.  please keep in mind, that i could be wrong on all this, as this is just something i think could be plausible.  if you look at darwin's theory there is no link between neanderthal man to cromagnum man (otherwise known as modern man which is us).  plus, there's been scientific studies showing that if you broke down the DNA of every living organism from a bird, to a bug, to a chimp, even a freaking elephant or anything for that matter, they're all basically the same cell wise on the most BASIC cellular level.  Where as humans, our DNA doesn't match any organism on this freaking planet...even on the most BASIC cellular level.

this is where my theory comes into play as i have three different possibilities for you.  The snake and apple could represent symbolically how either a group of advanced aliens came to our planet for scientific research and gave certain members of neanderthals enhanced intelligence through various experiments.  thus, mutating their bodies to form the humanoid appearance that we have today.  the women were probably more willing to the experiments than the men, so that's probably the metaphor behind the whole "Eve tempting Adam to eat the apple."  With the snake being a symbol for the aliens.  hence, that would probably explain why there's no link between neanderthals and cromags, and why we haven't evolved since and why there's now records of how neanderthals existed alongside cromags, as not all of them were given advanced intellect. 

another theory i have is that mankind wasn't originally from this planet at all.  no, our ancestors might have escaped from a dying world and inhabited this planet.  then in an effort to start over, they destroy their ship and all the evidence that they ever came from another planet, so future generations would never know their mistakes.  Women were threatened by the appearance of the neanderthals, as they were a violent and savage race.  Thus, another theory behind Eve tempting Adam, as they were encouraged to kill the neanderthals for their safety.  With the snake being a symbol of fear in this scenario.

Another theory i have, i know some of you will ridicule me for, but i'll say it anyway.  please bear in mind, as i stated before.  i have no idea if im right or wrong on any of these theories. thus, if you try to debate me on them or criticize it, then please don't expect a response.  not because i don't want to, but it's because i really don't know.  therefore, it would be pointless to debate it, as i even said earlier i could be wrong on all these.  anyways, my other theory is that god isn't what we think he is.  i don't buy into the concept "that god created man in his image." i believe he created us in his image in terms of intelligence and ability to comprehend things unlike animals that go off pure instinct, but i doubt seriously he ever made us look like him physically.  as i don't believe god ever had a human body at all.  no, i believe he's a nothing more than a ball of giant pure energy. 

as most of you are aware, many scientists believe in stephen hawkings "big bang theory" when it comes to explaining the creation of the universe itself.  however, even he admits in his documentary about that same said theory, "the big bang theory does not preclude the existence of a creator."  if you believe in the big bang theory, then it's believed that our universe was started out of spontaneous combustion. however, what was the power behind that combustion?  what caused it? i don't think it was a freak accident, as there had to be a powerful force behind it.  hence, this is where god comes into play.  who's to say that the concept of time is the same to god?  who's to say that a billion years is like a day for him. hence, it would make the whole creation theory plausible, as scientist have speculated and theorized that it must have taken billions of years for our universe to develop.  so 8 days to god, would equal 8 billion years for our universe to form.  this would make everything plausible for the creation of our universe. 

As for the adam and eve scenario falling into play, this is where it gets tricky for me to say. as i do believe in darwin's theory taking place on the early stages of earth, up to neanderthal man's time frame.  However, as i stated before, i believe god is a mountain of pure energy and part of his life force (or energy fragments if you will) dispersed from him and went into quite a few neanderthals.  thus, mutating them into what we are today..which is modern man.  The snake and apple in this scenario would be the symbolic representation of the energy trying to tempt neanderthals into accepting it's life force to grant infinite intelligence.  Women were probably the first to embrace this life force, and then tempted the men to do the same.  Thus, paving way for mankind to be born.  This brings me back to my other theory about heaven. I think when a person dies their life force leaves their body and becomes one with the original source again.  only to be dispersed back light years later.  if the person is pure most of his/her life, then they will continuously disperse and rejoin the life source of energy.  if the energy is tainted, then it just dies.  That to me is what hell is.  hell is the denial of existence. 

Anyways, i know i'll probably get a lot of flack and skepticism for these theories.  However bear in mind, I'm NOT telling you that im right about any of these, as i could be easily wrong on all of them.  therefore, please bear that in mind if you try to debate any of these with me, as i don't have any answers to give you to prove my point of view.  therefore, it's not wise to ask questions when there are no answers to give. 

As far as the whole god creating eve off adam's rib goes, i have no freaking idea what that metaphor means.  so don't even ask me how that concept falls into these theories either.  lol.  anyways, i hope you all enjoyed reading this. damn, with all that i wrote, i should have probably turned this into a hub.  lollollol

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/Badvirus98/okay.gifhttp://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o78/mcneca/Smilies/27.gif

2. alternate poet profile image67

@ Stevennix - one point at a time I think.

First I would say that I agree with you completely in that it is clearly a metaphorical story to explain the unknown first question who are we and where did we come from.

I would say that your depiction of early humans is incorrect, the Neanderthals have been shown to be the same as us, but generaly heavier built and with a prominent forehead. Secondly humans with our characteristics generally have been around for over one million years, and indistinguishable from us for over 80,000 years at least. The idea that they were any less intelligent is born of our desire to be better than the other - these people mastereed the change from hunter gatherers to agriculture with domestic animals, and they mastered the trick of breeding their domestic animals from wild animals into the basic beasts that we have today. We may have more information - or knowledge if you will - but they exhibit just as high a sense of reason as us, more than most of the religious posters in these forums without a doubt.

The metaphorical stories would have been the theories of their day in the way the big bang is theory for us - and the explanation of that, and chaos theory, is also beyond most of us without the metaphorical explanations of those who understand the actual concepts. As is the case with almost every explanation of 'hard' concepts - we turn them into stories.

3. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everyone knows that they looked like Brad and Angelina!  Gee! smile

1. profile image0

lollollol

4. hanging out profile image60

the bible is a mix of metaphor and literalism, we could say that adam which means man, mankind represents man or mankind (many) but we could also place them in a separated garden apart from the rest of the planet.
      We see the universe now, but the universe has always been expanding, perhaps it was smaller then.. there are other galaxies, we are in a galaxy perhaps the meaning of cosmos is limited to just our galaxy. God said a day and a morning were one day, peter says a day is to a thousand years, in light of this we could have a 6,000 yr creation or a 6 day creation, i am happy with either, i do not use it as a point of argument or an opportunity to disbelieve.

Ridiculous to you maybe please do not try to infer ridiculous to everybody. In the bible we see god speaking through moses, joshua, ezekiel and the rest of the prophets, Jesus, peter, luke, mark, john, Paul.. and so on.. So we see that god uses people to write books or accounts, to prophesy to nations about events to come. In moses we see a leader over a bunch of people, Joshua another leader, then kings come along more leaders. We see God having domain over a people but also have governors to guide and lead the people. Adam may have been governor in eden. This i do not find ridiculous.
      Incest from 6,000 yrs ago.. puhleeese. That was a ridiculous thing to say.

Did you notice that adam was told to name all the animals? Before eve was on the scene. This is no club wielding cave man, this is a developed man on the inside of the garden. We actually know very little about the outside of the garden but if you look genealogy there is not 3,000,000 years. The bible disregards evolution all over the place. adam and eve have a working vocabulary and speak. Didn't take long before cain built a city. Bronze age came along in joshuas days. 6th book of the bible.

my rationality behind that is this.  adam and eve came from the jungle.
      It was a garden, a beautiful lush spot with food in abundance.

Secondly, i don't think adam and eve ever wore clothing, and i doubt they even looked human.  no, i think if anything they looked more like apes or neanderthals if you will.
      Not until they sinned then they tried to make coverings and god gave them clothes to wear before they exited eden. Upright, speaking, ability to name animals, having fire already.. not believing adam needed to evolve or eve i think they looked pretty much human from the get go.

Of course the DNA is different we are not evolved is why. All the on and off switches are in every species according to its kind as god set it up.

There are no aliens. Forget camp 54 or whatever. We have Gods full attention. The bible has metaphors but the answers to the metaphor are all contained in the bible. If i want to know what serpent represents i look for other instances of serpent and i see many most of them talking about false doctrines.

Your second theory is balderdash too. Man was created on this planet. Why would God create this planet and have man be somewhere else. No you have to at least use the bible for your resource if you are going to talk about the text contained in it. You have no biblical connection at all except your speculation and you don't even try to find biblical back up you theorize outside of the bible. not good.

Another theory i have, i know some of you will ridicule me for, but i'll say it anyway.  please bear in mind, as i stated before.  i have no idea if im right or wrong on any of these theories.
      So far you are wrong. I applaud you for thinking this long about it.

thus, if you try to debate me on them or criticize it, then please don't expect a response.  not because i don't want to, but it's because i really don't know.  therefore, it would be pointless to debate it, as i even said earlier i could be wrong on all these.  anyways, my other theory is that god isn't what we think he is.  i don't buy into the concept "that god created man in his image." i believe he created us in his image in terms of intelligence and ability to comprehend things unlike animals that go off pure instinct, but i doubt seriously he ever made us look like him physically.  as i don't believe god ever had a human body at all.  no, i believe he's a nothing more than a ball of giant pure energy.
      God is energy and since he contains consciousness also, he is spirit.  We look like god in so many ways im sorry you don't believe what the bible says, therefore i think you really need not throw around false doctrine even if you claim to be wrong because really you wasted all of our time.

as most of you are aware, many scientists believe in stephen hawkings "big bang theory" when it comes to explaining the creation of the universe itself.  however, even he admits in his documentary about that same said theory, "the big bang theory does not preclude the existence of a creator."  if you believe in the big bang theory, then it's believed that our universe was started out of spontaneous combustion. however, what was the power behind that combustion?  what caused it? i don't think it was a freak accident, as there had to be a powerful force behind it.  hence, this is where god comes into play.  who's to say that the concept of time is the same to god?  who's to say that a billion years is like a day for him.
      2 Peter 3:8   But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

hence, it would make the whole creation theory plausible, as scientist have speculated and theorized that it must have taken billions of years for our universe to develop. 
      carbon dating is unreliable, we really have to wait till science has another technology for this sort of thing

so 8 (7 days, actually 6 days on the 7 he rested) days to god, would equal 8 billion years for our universe to form.  this would make everything plausible for the creation of our universe.

God cures leprosy in an instant, raises the dead and you say he needs billions of years to create the universe? Jesus calmed the waters on the boat, withered a fig tree, will cause a huge earthquake when he returns and the universe is a stumper to God. I do not think so. God spoke the universe into existence, god parted the red sea, easy tasks for God.

wrong

1. secretmemoir profile image61
        secretmemoirposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, if you take the creation story as not literal, then what about the other parts of the bible -are they not literal either?  And how come the order of creation doesn't make scientific sense?  eg night and day before sun and moon?

18. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

Stevennix 2001

I won’t bother to copy all of your doctorial thesis above as part of  my response but from it I can see a glimmer of hope for you. 

It’s the finest argument for the acceptance of Darwin and the theory of Evolution I have seen in a long time.  You manage to agree with religion but tear apart the Bible stories of creation in favour of various scientific points that some of us have been trying to make on here for ages.

Go get um son, I see hope for logic, reason and good old fashioned common sense peeking through your argument I’m proud of you.

1. profile image0

aw thanks merlin.  i appreciate you saying that.

lol

19. alternate poet profile image67

I think a round of applause for Stevennix for giving us somethign to actually talk about.  Nothing in his post is any more ridiculous than the religious nutters have been spouting. I would say that the underlying thinking is not far from some kind of reasonable truth and will get back to it in my morning

g'night.

1. profile image0

that's cool.  well i hope it was worth the wait, and thanks for the applause.  i look forward to hearing your response to it soon.  smile

lol

20. earnestshub profile image81

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons39/lgHeadlines.jpg

get rid of 1.5 billion muslims! I can agree with that

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/hangingout1/lgHeadlines.jpg?t=1285127300

21. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

Why did adam and eve apply coverings to their genitalia.
    Here's the story:
    Genesis 3:7   And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Genesis 3:8   And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Genesis 3:9   And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

Genesis 3:10   And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Genesis 3:11   And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

notice, verse 7 and their eyes were opened and they knew they were naked (they were blind! lol.. joking, but in a sense they were blind, blind to sin)
            verse 10 i was afraid because i was naked;
            verse 11 hast thou eaten of the tree.

adam ate, eyes opened, knew naked, feared and god knew he ate of the tree. The only way that adam could have known he was naked was by eating of the tree. I am not going to go ahead and give you the meat of these passages, for meaty indeed they are! but here is the milk.

eyes opened means to become aware. When adams eyes were opened his brain became aware of certain aspects of his surroundings. He knew the garden and more specifically his mate in ways that were of his flesh and not adams spirit. Adam was thinking differently, experiencing life differently. Before, what was there for the use, was now there for the abuse. His flesh reacted differently and they both wanted different things according to the dictates of their flesh.
    Side dish: adam and eve were not told to reproduce in the garden, that came after the expulsion of eden. The animals were told to multiply, but there was no sex in the garden, hence adam and eve covered their genitals.

22. earnestshub profile image81

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons1/spo04f.gif

1. profile image0

lol you crack me up with these earnest. where do you find these?  lollol

23. earnestshub profile image81
    1. profile image0

thanks buddy.  i'll be sure look all these over when i get the chance.  wow, a lot of these are pretty damn funny. lollol

2. profile image0

There is a lot of truth in this website. I especially liked the George Carlin quote. I loved him.

Carlin was a great thinker, yes. The website has a lot of political comment that hits the mark as well. smile

1. profile image0

You know who I love too? Janeane Garofalo. She's bad as$!!! smile

Funny too! I like her style. smile

i used to like george carlin too, then i got saved and i couldn't stand to listen to his God sketch. I found other of his routines were not palatable anymore.
        There is a huge difference between carnal unsaved man and a born again Believer.

24. A la carte profile image61
    A la carteposted 13 years ago

I obviously got it all wrong...I heard that they were invited to a dinner party and had nothing to wear..hence embarrassment. Having said that I read all those posts and am thinking maybe I got it wrong...but with all the arguing etc I have decided nope I got it right first time.

1. profile image0

is that another hypothetical situation? wink

1. A la carte profile image61
        A la carteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

perhaps but can live with it lol.

1. profile image0

lollollollol

and who invited adam and eve to dinner? lol werent they the only ones around?

the reason for "arguing" is that obvious wrong statements occur and the christians try to correct the wrong statements, blatant lies and many deceptions that abound in the mind of the unsaved. None of them know the bible and they have none of the answers,  because they aren't OF God and they don't have a relationship with God and they don't study his word and yet they try to 'seem smart' and 'appear to be having a good time' while to me the poverty of their souls is so obvious.

Often when people become wounded at a time in their life they stop developing mentally. When a deep hurt really affects a person their normal development will be stunted, not physically, but mentally. This is also true of a car accident where a person gets hits by a car, wacks their head and doesn't think clearly for the rest of their life. Often when people attempt christianity but fail at it miserably they become bitter, and then unable to come to terms with their failure and impending barbeque they acquire hate with their bitterness and so become obsessed with some form of venting their anger and bitterness and hatred they slowly lose parts of their sanity and become depraved in the strong delusion that they are correct because otherwise they would just snap. Indeed some become the psychos they accuse their ex-christian god of being.
      sad really, so sad.
      There are lots of good solid biblical answers and hubs here but they do not venture to try and learn. Strong delusion indeed. So as you may be able to understand now there is a lot of psychological obsession and general sickness abounding to stop the God of the bible and Loving your enemies and doing good to those who persecute you and give to the poor and not have sex with another mans wife ever, this is a movement they want to stop. Now you have to ask yourself, why would anyone want to stop a movement like that?

Hi hanging out, You are so correct!

It's easy to see.
          it's the spiritual eyes.
          you see it too.
          Of course there will be some rebuttals.
          maybe i should just laugh now.
          would that be prophetic...?. smile
          ahhh the clean humor of godliness, how refreshing

How self congratulaory and obnoxious in its hypocritical @ss licking.  You are blinded by your own light, not enlightened, just blinded.

You say everyone who is not christian is damaged pyschologically, then you say all those other christians are not really christian and are not 'learning' what you say - and then having isolated yourself into a group of around five you claim that only you guys will be saved by a demented super being who 'hid you away' for some reason.

If you cannot see the egomaniacal glitter in the eyes of each other you just aint looking hard enough into each others eyes - O wait yes you are, must just be blinded by that light then ?

hahahahaha
              your inferences are @ssinine.
              i see damage in you lol
              I'd wish you were LEARN to back up your ridiculous @ssumptions. The more i hear from you the more i realize you don't have a clue.
              "You say everyone who is not christian is damaged psychologically" Where did you get this from? and i see the validity in it but not to ALL just the atheists in here which would have been the context, oh yah you guys don't understand context very well...lol
              "all those other christians are not really christian", isn't this what you say? How come you can say it but i can't? hypocrite!
              "'learning' what you say". lol i put the stuff out there, do with it as you will, no where do i say anybody has to learn what i say, God will either reveal it to them or not i am in a postion of expounding not forcing. duh.
              "and then having isolated yourself into a group of around five you claim that only you guys will be saved by a demented super being who 'hid you away' for some reason" amazing stupid.
              thanks for dropping by, use the window next time as we are on the 15th floor

You just defined what your belief is, and so well I might add:
                               DELUSION. 

Yes, that "spiritual eye" is synonymous with delusion.
            Once you become deluded, you can "see" all sorts of unreal things.

lol
              hahahahahaha

yell at me some more
              hahahahaha

Jesus said, he who has ears to hear and eyes to see, dont u see that lol
              of course not
              wanna know why
              of course not
              lol and you call me deluded
              be quiet or i will sick brother yochanan on your hubs, lol.

3. Woman Of Courage profile image62

hanging out, I see it very well.

25. alternate poet profile image67

I have just noticed the funny situation of a naked Adam being championed by 'hanging out'  big_smile

1. profile image0

really?  what situation do you speak of?  lollol

he needs time to think up another falsity
        lol

26. sudeep13582 profile image63
    sudeep13582posted 13 years ago

is it really true that there was an Adam and Eve in real?

Hi sudeep, Yes it's really true, and the bible will prove that. Have you ever read the book of Genesis? The scriptures were inspired by God, and God use men to write the bible. If you are genuinely desiring true answers. Please don't let anyone in these forums or anywhere else persuade you to believe in wrong morals that they formed on their own. Have a blessed day!

27. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

IDK but I love it... I wouldnt wear any if i didnt have too....lol

28. strutzas profile image61
    strutzasposted 13 years ago

I believe that they were intellectually naked, not physically.  I do not believe they were two people, rather a genetically modified race of the hominid creatures found on Earth by the Anunaki.  The ancient Sumarians had some interesting stories that may help clarify the story.

so God created clothing for them because they were intellectually naked.
      Why do people who never read the book have so much to say?

Genesis 3:21 "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them".

lol maybe their heads were cold lol

Yes the summerians were around eventually but not at the garden incident. Later yes. Genesis was penned between 1446bc and 1401bc, giving other civilizations ample time to pen their false doctrines created from the imagination of their own minds, much like egypts Gods were formed. Interesting stories do not clarify biblical truths.
      have a nice day.

Are you really still saying that you commenting on a thread about Adams shame at being naked isn't funny?  and you think it was his head that was cold!  big_smile

29. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Mother Mary died and found herself standing in line as St.Peter was questioning each applicant for entrance into heaven.
    When he got to Mother Mary, he said greetings Mother Mary! God told me to ask you an easy question. You are deserving.
    Mother mary said thank you god!
    St. Peter said, ok here's your question: What were the first words Eve said to Adam?
    Mother Mary looked dismayed, and sighed!  She said "oh my goodness, that's a hard one!"
    St Peter, smiled from ear to ear and cried out "OPEN THE GATES, MOTHER MARY'S COMMIN' THRU!

1. profile image0

Hahahahahaha.... I love it!!!! Great great great!!!

1. qwark profile image61

Qwark takes a bow....lolol

Qwark died and found himself standing in line as St.Peter was questioning each applicant for entrance into heaven.
      When St Peter got to Qwark, he said greetings Qwark! God told me to ask you an easy question, just because he is a God of love.
      Qwark said thank you god!
      St. Peter said, ok here's your question: Whats the first sentence of the bible?
      Qwark looked dismayed, and sighed!  "i don't know"
      St Peter, smiled from ear to ear and cried out "NOTHER ATHEIST BITES THE DUST, ELEVATOR DOWN!"

1. qwark profile image61

...but,but Hangin, those were the words that Moses used to create this god thing..."In the beginning...this god thing..."
        Moses alledgedly created "it" in the first 4 words of the OT.
        Remember?

30. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

What's with this god thing in genesis?
    Didn't the devil disguise himself as a snake and crawl into the tree to tempt 2 innocent kids who knew nothing?
    What the hell was this omnipotent god thing doing? Sitting back and chuckling, wringing his hands waiting to see what "it" knew would happen. His kids'd listen to the snake and take a bite of the "apple."
    Then this god thing could leap with glee and punish his 2 innocent kids who had no idea what was in store for 'em!...and  then put a horrible curse on all snakes which had nuthin' to do with anything.
    OOOhh, I'd love to get this psycho "god thing" in the octagon and beat some sense into "it"....I'd take no pity on the arsewhole...:-)

1. profile image51

The narration of the Genesis is lost in the translation and does not present true meaning of the Word revealed; it is for this that Quran corrects it.

1. Medora Trevilian profile image60
        Medora Trevilianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And the Quran's meaning never gets lost in translation? Why is that?

1. profile image51

Quran has the original text secure and pristine so we could discuss the true meaning while translating it or understanding; this facility is not availabe with the Bible.

1. Medora Trevilian profile image60

And where is the original copy of the Quran kept?

1. profile image51

There are no two version of Quran; all over the world the text is the same, whatever the denomination.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is also only one version of "The Origin of Species" wink

2. Jerami profile image58
                Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So what is the difference between Shiite and Sonnie and I forget the names of other branches of Islam.

And why do they these divisions exist.
                And why are they often at war.

3. Medora Trevilian profile image60

No scribal errors? Ever?

1. profile image51

None ever; it is the same in verbal tradition continuing till date and in writing; both match perfectly.

One may verify it.

The masoretic texts are flawlessly copied by a section of people that if a mistake were made, huge sections of text would be copied again. They masoretic people were, with respect, fastidiously, scrupulously, tediously, maniacal about accuracy. These were the copiers of the Old Testament.
                    The other scriptures that the Bible uses were letters to churches passed or distributed by the apostles of Jesus Christ himself, so in my opinion you cannot get any better than these two resources.
                    Why? you ask, because the key word is HOLY text. When dealing with Gods word certain people out of respect and perhaps fear (fear = godly reverence not cowering in a hole, terrified). If i were translating these texts, i would be scrupulous to be 110% accurate because i believe it is Gods word, of course i would do the same to any book but i would be extra careful with Gods word.

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Quran corrects nothing, it is not a book of God, but a book not of God and not holy.

Other believers might consider the bible in the same way you consider the Quran.

Notice this is how wars start? smile

yes because how can God send HIS angel Gabriel, 600yrs later to dictate a totally different doctrine after God fulfilled the holy scriptures with jesus and crucified his son as the last sacrifice needed under the OT. If God did not need to crucify jesus you think God would have known that, yet God somehow decided to start a new doctrine 600 yrs later and put to no effect jesus.

wars start because people are easily deceived. I am not so easily deceived yet i start no war, goverments start wars, drop atom bombs, i might get in a fight but that is not a war.

You can't infer that (ordinary) people start wars you have to name a non-governent person who started a war,yes people are in government but only they have the power to start a war, yer average joe on the street does not,  your speculation is unacceptable until you provide proof.

Archduke Ferdinand - one person, not a very special or morally correct person -  World War 1  . Proof ?

31. profile image51

All over the world the text of the Quran is the same. It is the only Word of Revelation with this characteristic.

So is the "The Origin of Species"  smile

32. alternate poet profile image67

WOW - just got up and this ridiculous thread is still going - how many simple people ARE there who believe that these metaphors were actual people.  What on earth has happened to the American education system - if you teach rubbish your nation will degenerate into uninformed idiots.  Or is it too late !

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

BEWARE OF OLD JEWISH FABLES. God is pictured as a man-figure. Does He wear clothes? Only in uptight christian dreams. We put on clothes so that man could go where no one had gone before.

33. profile image51

This is simply a concept wrongly understood from the Bible or the meaning lost in the translation due to not having Bible in the original text Revealed on the original person it was revealed.

When man evolved from animal; in the animal stage there is no  consciousness of being naked. At the stage when conciousness got developed as man realized that man should cover himself/herself with something as destined by the Creator-God Allah YHWH; man got ashamed.

So it was a stage in evolution/creation of human life as desighned by the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

It is Bible mistake to present Adam being first man created; Quran rectifies the mistake of the Bible and says Adam was the first person with whom the Creator-God Allah YHWH talked and made him the Messenger Prophet for his people with a code to observe.

Thanks

so what happened before that? just a bunch of evolving monkies with no hope of salvation.. God doesn't waste time and neither does he waste people. Bible says god created man out of the ground. You don't get no more first place than that. Why would God create man from the ground if man were evolving?
      Rubbish book you have. Going back to the original language, yep it says man not monkey. God created the human monkey out of the ground LOL and LOL.

Oh dear - creationist bloopers again.

Never mind the fossil record, never mind the scientific FACTS - never mind any attempt at reaon - a quote from an iffy novel wmust be true because hanging out says it is - no god, just hanging out.  big_smile

34. profile image51

Quran mentions that man was evolved and had no mythical creation as OTBible has wrongly depicted due to lost of the original text; in translations the true meaning of Revelation is lost.

Quran corrects the mistake of the Bible:

[71:14] ‘What is the matter with you that you expect not wisdom and staidness from Allah?
    [71:15] ‘And He has created you in different forms and different conditions.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=13

35. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Adam and Eve were totally ignorant about everything, they were supposed to be the first man and woman so how could they know anything?  Shame? There was no shame until somebody made up the whole dang thing, to tell you the truth - to try to make people ashamed of their bodies so the tailors and weavers could make more money.  Also if you can control the way people think about their natural selves you are on your way to completely controlling ALL their thoughts - There was no real Adam and Eve!  It is so, so funny that people still believe all this tripe!

36. profile image51

Quran corrects the mistake of the Bible;and mentions that man was evolved and had no mythical creation as OTBible has wrongly depicted due to loss of the original text; in translations the true meaning of Revelation is lost.It does not necessarily mean that man evolved from monkey.

[71:14] ‘What is the matter with you that you expect not wisdom and staidness from Allah?
    [71:15] ‘And He has created you in different forms and different conditions.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=13

37. profile image51

Quran corrects the mistake of the Bible;and mentions that man was evolved and had no mythical creation as OTBible has wrongly depicted due to loss of the original text; in translations the true meaning of Revelation is lost.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)