Analytics Not Showing Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. cornwall_UK profile image71
    cornwall_UKposted 13 years ago

I have a website and a couple of blogs and I have hubpages.  All are running Google Analytics.

When I login to Analytics I:

1] choose my website from the box in the top right hand corner (My Analytics Accounts) and from the left hand box (View Reports)
    2] Choose CONTENT on the left hand side and there is an Adsense link.  When I click on this it gives me adsense values earnt by individual pages.

However, for hubpages, if I do the same:

1] Choose hubpages from the box in the top right and from the left hand box
    2] Choose CONTENT on the left hand side - there is no Adsense link.  I cannot see the values.

I've just accepted that this is what happens, that I can't tell which hubs are doing well and which aren't.... but is there some setting I am overlooking?

I can't set up each individual channel to track in Adsense itself as I've already used my 200 up elsewhere.

Any help would be great.  Assume I know nothing and step me through monkey steps like above. smile

1. profile image34
      nbbatt.composted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree all. Just follow Susana  S and thisisoli instructions.

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Because you can't add code to hubpages like you would with other sites, you need to change hubpages to your primary domain to see adsense info in analytics. It's easy to do in the analytics settings. smile

1. ArtBoogy profile image57
      ArtBoogyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would have to second that. Once you have Analytics down though, you've got quite the powerful tool on your hands. Good luck!

2. cornwall_UK profile image71
      cornwall_UKposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages isn't my main source of income, a domain I own is.  If I change hubpages to be the pimary domain, will that mean I lose the ability to see how much my own domain is earning me?

I want to be able to flit through any of my domains, whenever I wish, and see the adsense data.

Although I will also add that when I set up GA I didn't really understand it and may have mixed up the two different ways you can add domains.  I think in one you can have a main and subs ... and there's another way where you set up a new account for each one.

I've actually no idea what I've done to be honest.  I just know if I select things from the top right hand drop down, I can see stats on my various domains.

3. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Yep I think Susana is right, If you change the primary adsense domain to Hubpages you should be able to pick up your Adsense earnings in Analytics.

4. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

Yes I agree with Susana and thisisoli.

5. cornwall_UK profile image71

Thanks everybody so far.... I've had GA set up for about 2 years across domains etc ... and it's always been on my list to look up how I've set it up and what I chose wrong.

Just daunted in there so I tend to close the window after looking at the pretty traffic graphs mostly smile

6. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

When you change your primary domain your other domain will be given a code which you can use to track it's earnings like on the other secondary domains you own. it will not affect your earnings in any way.

1. cornwall_UK profile image71
      cornwall_UKposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I already have code for my domain/s.  I know the earnings will always exist whether I'm tracking a domain or not. The thing is, if I change the primary domain will the tracking of the earnings disappear.

Or, will the full detailed tracking of all the earnings always exist - and the act of changing the primary domain simply enables me to view them?

I am not entirely sure I've written that so I've made it clear what I mean smile

So, example:

Today (30 September), if I go to GA, I can see the detailed Adsense earnings of everything in my primary domain.

If I now change my primary domain to be Hubpages and leave it like that for the month of October, can I then switch my primary domain back to my main domain and still see the detailed earnings reports/figures for October?

Likewise - when I switch my primary domain, will I instantly be able to see all my past Adsense earnings?  Are they all actually in there to be seen, once the pimary domain is switched over?

7. cornwall_UK profile image71

I'm still on this.  I think what happened is this (but unsure as it's all very confusing):

1] I already had a GA account, with my 3 domains listed.
    2] In trying to set up GA for hubpages, I followed some instructions and it said to set up an account.  So, at this point I had two accounts.

My UA numbers for my three domains are suffixed -1, -2, -3.
    My UA number for Hubpages is completely different and is suffixed -1

So, maybe, somewhere, I have another account for hubpages, but I don't know.  And I don't know how to find out, or tell.

Or, then, what to do about it.

The original instructions I followed were obviously meant for somebody without an existing GA account, but didn't say and I followed them religiously.

So I can't change my primary domain as it's another account... need to get to the bottom of this confusing spaghetti of GA setups.

I have checked and all four accounts are using the same email address.  All four accounts are available in the top right drop down list that says "My Analytics Accounts".

So there's something I am not 'getting' about accounts/profiles maybe. 

Maybe I need to create a new profile, for hubpages.  Maybe if I do that it'll give me a -4 suffix.

8. cornwall_UK profile image71

OK. That did it.

I created a new profile for hubpages, generating me a new UA number with the -4 suffix.

Now I need to change my Analytics code in hubpages.

Then, I need to find out how to change the primary domain.

... I think I'm doing the right things here.  The whole accounts/profiles was obviously set up wrongly by me in the first instance.

I understand I'll be losing my historical data on my hubpages GA account by changing the UA to this new one, but I don't care.

Update: I've now put the new code into my GA slot in my affiliate settings, and am waiting for GA to show it's working.  At the moment it's a yellow triangle with a status of "Tracking Not Installed", so I'll give it 1-2 hours to start operating.

I'm writing all this out in case others have the same issues at some future point, spotting the UA numbers are different lead me to a different mindset to solving the problem.

9. cornwall_UK profile image71

All done now.

Tracking started occurring.
    As all my sites, including hubpages, were now set up as profles under one account, I could then change the primary domain.

Job's a good 'un.

Have to see how that works over the next month or so now.

Cheers everybody!

10. cornwall_UK profile image71

Update.

OK, so I have Google Analytics set for Hubpages to be my primary domain - and it's reporting back the adsense on a "per hub" basis fine.

But, my main website Analytics tracking stopped.

I think it's because the Analytics is at the foot of the page, but it's a complex CMS and I am not sure how to get it safely into the header (DotNetNuke).

It shouldn't have to be this hard should it.

Unless I'm missing something obvious.

I did have Hubpages in a different Google Analytics account, but that wasn't tracking, so had to get it as a profile on another of my Analytics accounts then set it as the primary domain (whereas my main website was the primary).

Any thoughts would be welcome...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)