Hub Overload.

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (30 posts)
  1. fava profile image61
    favaposted 15 years ago

There is a particular user on hubpages who has created 21 hubs in the last 40 minutes.  All the hubs that I checked were direct cut and pastes from another website.  I dont know if it is his website. 

Checking further he has been a hubber for 5 months but about 275 of his hubs were published in the last 25 hours, all on 1 topic.

Is that considered acceptable behaviour from a hubber?

fava

1. Janet21 profile image80
      Janet21posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't think so.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

If you flag one or more of the hubs-- the team will take a look at it (if they haven't already) and decide if this is spamming, or whatever.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

If it's who I think you mean, that person has been posting so much and so often the past two days that it's enough to make me want to ask for some way to filter the Recent Hubs to exclude people so I don't have to go through 20 pages to see what is new.

4. fava profile image61
    favaposted 15 years ago

Yes, its the same person.  I published 2 hubs today ant they both got lost in the avalanche.  He is still going at it, he is up to 340 hubs in 27 hours.

He seems to have finished with the site he was copying from about 2 or 3 minutes ago and is now copying pages from various blogspot blogs.

5. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 15 years ago

This is ridiculous to say the least!

6. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 15 years ago

Damn, he's publishing one hub a minute.

I'd say he bought himself some PLR articles. Which will be a strategy that is sure to backfire.

7. webjunkie profile image60
    webjunkieposted 15 years ago

and someone made a comment about my 10 hubs in 3 days lol. I expect this content in these post is copy and paste, I have used up my free copy scape tries for the month but if I where a betting man thats what I would bet.

8. webjunkie profile image60

how do we flag his hubs? some are just junk posts

9. Rochelle Frank profile image91

At the bottom of each hub, usually just above the comments, is a bar with thumbs up or thumbs down buttons and a line that says [flag this hub].  Click it and follow the directions.

10. webjunkie profile image60

thank you just found a different "author" that just sign up that is coping from wiki and posting it. One would think when they go to what appears to a be a website that has intelligent authors frequenting it and thus far thats my impression of HP that maybe they should refrain from plagiarism. roll

11. Rochelle Frank profile image91

I try to flag those. They won't necessarily be removed, but their score will drop. There are other things that can be done, but flagging is easiest.

12. webjunkie profile image60

thank you

13. LondonGirl profile image83
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Is that the writer with the astrology / mesthiola-whatsit junk?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's who I was referring to smile

14. webjunkie profile image60

no LondonGirl but it appears that a good many pages in HubPages are duplicate content. as in just a few minutes I discoved several. I am simply flagging them with a link to the URL from which they came

15. webjunkie profile image60

So many in fact I have loacted 2 since the last post researched them flaged them and giving the link from where they where copied.  I will be on the payroll Of HubPages soon lol

16. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 15 years ago

I flagged him yesterday too.

17. webjunkie profile image60

I have flagged severla today is this an everyday chore, and better yet is anything done about it?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Don't make a chore of it. I used to do it quite a bit, but it is hardly worth the time. The HubPages team does weed out the spammers. If you flag one, they likely look over others  written by the same author.

18. fava profile image61
    favaposted 15 years ago

He's Baaaaack.

82 so far today.

1. ngureco profile image79
      ngurecoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps hubpages can put a maximum posting limit of say 2 hubs per day?

19. webjunkie profile image60

maybe he types fast? For those that beleive that I have found Atlantis and am willing to sell you the key to the city!

20. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Maybe he has like 30 hands?

http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/74007/Ko_Samui_087.jpg

21. webjunkie profile image60

LOL Ryan

22. fava profile image61
    favaposted 15 years ago

Ok I am replying to an old post, but the particular hubber in question now has 502 hubs published, an author score of 1 and a status of Stop.

23. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

Well, those are the signs of a tried and true spammer....

24. shashigai profile image59
    shashigaiposted 15 years ago

aw. i missed all the excitement...

25. swold profile image60
    swoldposted 15 years ago

Score of 1?  Yikes that is not good!

At least it is catching the spam...

26. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 15 years ago

This guy must desperately need some cash!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)