I need urgent help...in my life

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (57 posts)
  1. min_trouble profile image59
    min_troubleposted 13 years ago

hi...i am a 22yr old male...who has brains of 15 yr old and i love watching movies and playing sports...i am in massive trouble...pls if you want to help me...read carefully and reply asap...any reply will b a help

i am an engineering student...structural engineering...n i hate it...plus m horrible at it...somehow i have managed to reach its final year but now it seems the end of the road for me...now although i am a pessimistic guy i do have a friend who does all the positive thinking for me...maybe coz she is my cousin too..now m having some problems with her too but first the urgent ones.

my engineering...is Chinese for me...as i said i dont know how i got till final year...maybe shear good luck and good english...now i have 9 subjects to clear and frankly i hav a chance in only 3 of them...i dont like it...i dont understand it....i dont wanna study it as my interest is in extreme opposite direction....i like writing stories...wrote many for my cousin...she loves them n her friends want me to leave engineering n write watever crap i wanna write....so...i would love to do it but its been my parents long lost dream to see me as an engineer....maybe they see more engineer in me than i could...anyway...they love me a lot to do anything 4 me and if i decide to leave they would support me but i dont want to hurt them...while m alive....but i dont kno how anybody can see an engineer in me...my classmates kno tat i suck and i am not gonna be one...and i think only my cousin knows what i can be and believes in me...she is my only friend....o ya m a loner...although i hate to be....but i suck in friendship....even though i try to be a good friend to 
    everybody...

getting back to the point..i cant pass engineering...coz i cant/dont/wont understand the thing...i still struggle with basic mechanics....heck i did courses on computer languages and i understood them....not this...never in my life would i understand structures...i hate construction....even though my dad is like...one of the best in construction industry....m not...i was never cut out for this...and now i have my exams in june...n i still have no clue what to do...

I am....lonely...my only friend is angry with me coz i fought with her wen she was sick due to dehydration....m strong..tat i am..but m sick n tired of watching film alone...being alone....m...m not a gut who gets scared of studies or of other troubles....but....its gonna sound silly for u all but i have a strong feeling that even my cousin doesnt like me anymore...last time i was with her she behaved strangely and totally formally...n it broke me apart...i kno i sound dramatic...m king of all drama queens....but i am seriously hurt and alone i jus don have a reason anymore...i dont see hope...its like something inside has just died

so i googled "i need help"...n i got here....so pls understand that although u r not my last hope but i sure can use some brains and hearts here...as i dont have any....i do believe in god...but i am sensible enough to know that only hard work will help me get through...n i can do hard work...i got very good grades till high school...but i cant learn Chinese(i mean structures)....n i dont have a single soul who likes to be with be....i just hope she talks to me again...my cousin...as she is the most important person in my life....i don wanna loose her....but i dont wanna talk to her...coz she hurts me bad...

I have been strong this long...got through my dad's drinking problems....and other many many family issues....horrible breakups with some1 i thought was my love of life....saw my favorite uncle die in front of me a month ago...i still believed in hope....i used to cry a lot...crying used to be my strength as it made me feel better....but for the past 3-4 years...i rarely cry....last time i cried was a year ago...for no apparent reason(it was my exam time n i was lost)....m mentioning this coz i want you to know that i am a strong person....and any help will be a huge motivation for me....maybe my probs may not seem big or huge enough for u(don worry...i feel the same way wen i read others probs)....but i cant handle em...so i need help...i dont even know what help means...maybe i just need a friend...i confess...that i wouldnt have been here had my cousin talked to me....but we havent said a word to each other for a week....n i cant bear it....pls at least help me get her back....or pray that she gets the sense to talk to me....coz i am a jacka*** n i wont talk to her.....not until she talks to me....told u m a bad friend....

so these are my problems....some of it....i dont kno how to deal with em...so i need 'help'...or maybe a divine intervention

1. Shadesbreath profile image79
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Emotions boil and make moments seem like eternities.  You need to just take a breath and calm down.  Nothing is going to be solved or colapse in this moment.  This situation didn't evolve over night and it won't be solved over night.  So calm yourself.

You're clearly articulate and clever.  You are not the first person who has wanted to live a path other than the one chosen for them by friends or society.  If you stick with your engineering, you will not be the first to take up a trade that was not in keeping with their heart. 

People who are close fall apart. People who have fallen apart come back together.  Real relationships of depth between people with kindred spirits rebound.  Sometimes it take more time than you would like.  Sometimes it fixes itself faster than the self-imposed trauma merited.

So just breathe.  The human experience never happens in the sequence or time limits we would place upon it were we to have any say.

It will be okay.

smile

min_troubleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile
        smile
        smile
        smile

Thnx mate....i...hope u wont mind me screaming out my probs like a bitchy wife but...i am having bad nightmares...i used to be a person who wuld stay up all night...now i sleep at 9pm and wake up at 5am....its like...a new prob 4 me....n i am a guy who keeps running away from his probs....i have lots of people around me who care about me but i rarely feel nice....i felt a lot better reading the replys...frankly i didnt expect any so thanx for everything...if only i could say the same to people around me...but sometimes it seems that its all my fault that m...so childish n immature....i wish i had the brains to get through my engg....neway....lik u said....m gonna breathe n relax

2. KT Banks profile image60
      KT Banksposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awe, Honey,

I know when we're in a crisis, it just consumes our whole world. But there is a saying that really is true. "This too shall pass."

I lost my Dad at an early age and sometimes I wonder what kind of awful situations he found himself in in his life, and how important they were to him in the end.

Also, I think back over some of the most difficult times in my life, and how unimportant they are to me now. Life is like a roller coaster. You have your ups and your downs. But it really is worth the ride.

Things will happen and change in your life that you'll never see coming. Good and bad. But think of the good things about life. Look around you. Do you have any idea how many lonely people are out there?

Now look at the beautiful moon in the sky, eat your favorite ice cream, go traveling on the internet and look at beautiful pictures. Start a lonely hearts club - or join one.

You parents Love YOU. Maybe once you expressed an interest in Engineering and they've just been trying to support your interest. When it comes down to it, they really just want you to be happy.
      and if your cousin is miffed at you, she'll get over it. give her some time. Or a funny, meaningful apology.

God and your parents gave you the GIFT OF LIFE, think of the people that would love to live longer, if only they could. YOU CAN.

All the Best,
      KT Banks
      PS - read my hubs about my teen age sons friend who died. It may give you some perspective.

tat was relly nice....but i am not even close ton  a normal human who understands or who has the ability to understand the value of life....we all see amazinf things around us...some see how alable this life is and how amazing the world n people are....i see myself wasting space...m not contributing to the world's amazingness lik i always thought i would wen i was in school....in fact i don think i hav learnt anything from my collage other than the fact that m poor at structures n tat m a bad friend.....i can see splendour in simple things n stuff...i know i may have great potential....but i dont have the courage to get through this....all i kno is to keep running away....weather by watching films...or by sleeping....m like the charecter that Jesse Eisenberg plays in Zombieland...columbus..except i don play much video games....i feel totally lost....n sad......hoping for somehting better....will say more soon...hope u r fine....smile n tc (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetc)

1. KT Banks profile image60
          KT Banksposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Been thinking about you. How are you tonight?

If there is ANYTHING you can count on in life, is that things WILL change. Rather you like it or not.

And you know what else? It's totally up to you to CHOOSE how you react to things. You can let things (life) bum you out, or YOU can CHOOSE to CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE.

A lot of people choose to go through life gloomy, or a martyr. You don't have to. Which ever of your parents is the most understanding, sit down, one on one with them and really have a talk with them.

Go to a Health food store, or a GNC type place, they have Natural herbs and remedies to help your mood. Maybe you don't have enough serotonin*. Or some kind of chemical imbalance. Personally, I don't think there is one really truly sane person in this world. We all have our quirks. Most geniuses are not "Normal" There isn't a normal.

Give Peace a Chance! That can also apply to Inner peace.

You really have to find something about life that you enjoy. Chill Out and Cheer Up! You could be in Iraq. Now THAT has to suck.

yeah u have piont...iraq sucks.. smile actually i just need my cousin to talk to me to get better...u wont blive it but i spent past 2-3 hours solving my friend's problem...o ya...tey come to me wen they have life probs....tat sucks too...coz ten i think of how lame others probs is n how big mine is....which isnt really true so....i jus like helping others....tat way i feel i exist....a few hours ago one of my classmates came n taunted me coz i couldnt pass the subjects he felt were very easy.....this sucks...ten my major uncle came to tell me of his nephew who got a gold wrist watch wen he topped a state level exam yesterday.....makes u wish for invisibility...right?...like how awsme it would have been had i just vanished.....don like living lik this....i was never crazy bout studies but i was used to getting pass grades all the time....now its like m d dumbest person the universe has ever seen + people...omg people...they eat ur brains out on stupid stuff...n ten my cousin...she behaves wierdly....u kno i felt awsme talking 2 u......u should totally wach some cool tv shows...like "how i met your mother"..."friends"......k.m bieng wierd again...but this is my way of making people feel good wen i cant b wit em.....hope u r fine.....mail me wenever u get bored or wen u wanna talk or something....c ya smile

3. mythbuster profile image73
      mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try this:

Sit down and write down 10 things that you feel are the most pressing problems... (suggestion... #1 might be your course load)...get 'em on paper to look at and refer to - instead of all muddled around in your head all at once, together...

Look at the list and use a scale of 1-10 about which are the most serious problems...

Then start at problem #5 or so, somewhere in the middle of your list... and problem solve #5 just so you get into a mind-set of problem-solving instead of panicking.

You seem to be panicking (no doubt, with all the difficulties you've posted here!). The panicking can stop pretty soon if you get your brain out of 'reactive' mode and into some critical thinking.

Solve a small problem first so you have some confidence that you can create/make changes... and be sure to access some school counselling/advising resources early on as part of your problem-solving about this course load that seems all wrong for you.

If you can get out of 'reaction mode,' you'll feel more able to cope, make decisions, find answers.

I hope these suggestions are at least minimally helpful.

that will be really helpful....plus m trying to contact proffessors who can teach me structures....thanx mate for the suggestions....i will make the list.....take care n smile smile

4. LoneWolfMuskoka profile image67
      LoneWolfMuskokaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi min_trouble

I'm having a bit of trouble seeing this as a serious post due to the grammar, spelling and typing errors.  Also, it is almost impossible to get to the final year of engineering without understanding it.  Finally, 4 weeks ago (which is the date given for the post you made) lands pretty close to April 1.

Be that as it may, if this is a serious post, then you need to step back and evaluate your life.  See if you can switch to a less intense program that can use the credits you've earned and the knowledge you've gained.

You might want to take a year off and come back fresh the next year.  Engineering has been known to push people to the limits and maybe you just need a break.

Find yourself a church, synagogue or some other place of worship and find out as much as you can about God.  Ask God to guide you in your search.

If you want to be a writer, you'll need to work on it.  It is hard work too.  Perhaps you can take what you've learned in the engineering and switch to a technical writer.  Getting to the 4th year means you've learned at least half of what you needed so you may be able to make a career there somewhere.

Don't just seek out friends and advisors that tell you what you want to hear.  Listen to the ones who tell you stuff that hurts as true friends will give you the advice you need, not the advice you want.

5. profile image49
      allzwellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i went through almost everything you are going through. took somebody's advice and got stuck in an engineering course which is nowhere near my passion. now i don't even have the chance of going back and rewriting the past nor could do anything to repair my life. but the only thing am doing now is concentrating on passing through all the subjects. am not making a career out of my core. however am shifting my career into s/w. i already got 2 jobs in my hand which have nothing 2 do wid my core.in fact i dont have any stuff inside me in my core area. since u completed 3 yrs wait for 1 more year, work hard so that you pass all subjects. once u r done u shift ur career n u wont read ur core in all ur lyf.also nobody will b upset. it's better to suffer 1 year of pain than 2 torture urself all ur lyf, hearing to everyone's judgement abt u.

and as 4 ur frnd, forget the past n reunite. tell her that u r not a perfect frnd she deserves but u can al be  u could. it doesn't matter who apologized as long as ur frnds. getting a true frnd is difficult. don't lose those who think abt u. and tell her that u needed some perspective on ur lyf n engulfed in other issues. she'll understand u.

6. Portia Patrice profile image61
      Portia Patriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First quit school, which is something u probably should have done a long time ago. My son hung on til he had a semester and 1/2 to go and lost it. Just walked out. Got Fs and didn't care that thousands of dollars were spent and he'll have nothing to show for it.
      I begged him to quit last year but he seriously thought he could finish. He hated it too, psychology, school, research papers, tests.
      Next, get some therapy and stick with it for at least 6 months. Don't depend on your friends for stuff. They are as clueless as you.
      And pray. When things are too big to handle you gotta give it to someone bigger than yourself. Hope this helps.God bless!

7. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Talk to your family about this. Bond with them. Also, appologize with female friend. Letting her know you are having a bad day.
      And, that you are sorry. Ask her how you can help her dehydration.
      Get her some Powerade zero.

Do you like what you are studying? Engineering?

Do you like yoga or meditating? listening to motivational music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch2p4x-nWTc

8. Sydnianne profile image60
      Sydnianneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Follow your heart!  Where is God leading you?  Follow Him in everything!

9. min_trouble profile image59

hey....ya m still in the building..still hung up on my cousin....ya she is still not talking to me for reasons only known to her...anyway...m doing some writing and people have liked it so...i guess i will have to go on alone...i really thought i had chance of making friends in this lifetime....dad and mom and my own real sister is angry with me...i just wish that someday my cousin would start talking to me...thanx for your all suggestions...will keep checking here...pip pip

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Go to your college advisor and look for a new course of study - one that some of your classes will transfer to. Most of all, find one that you actually enjoy! All your core classes should transfer.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Best advice of all.  Mostly, do what you want and screw the rest of the world.  It will all work out in the in, and it is really no big deal.

Screw'em! Do what you want. Runaway.  You can make it on your own.  Shit pick up alumin.cans in a ditch, if you have too.  But do what you love.  Besides that- I'd love to have the mind of a 15yr old.

At least it would not be filled with prescription drug induced haze.  It sucks to be old.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What I mean by runaway, is to be the person you want to be.  Cut loose any monetary ties you have to your family.  And make your own way godsake. Make your own means, be accountable for yourself and make your way.  And if that means running away to a new country, city or state- do it.  I thank my lucky stars I got out of a bad mess, and made my own way.  I'm wealthy, strong, reliable and better for it.

i know it sucks to be old...people xpect u to do the shit u dont care bout....neway i considerd running away but m not gonna....get scared away by this piece of shit engg....i basically hate society n so m gonna become something big n ten bite this damnd society on its ugly face....people should know tat the rules tat society makes doesn't matter....wat matters is wat u feel....btw watch the tv series "Freaks n Geeks".....its amazing...would make u feel like a 15 year old too smile

smile n take care.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetc

2. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with habee on this one.

cant do that.....tat can nly b done on first year....not in final...now i have to pass these subjects....cant run away from em...not my nature......don know how i will pass em

3. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

This might sound like a joke, but it sincerely is not.

Watch "The Breakfast Club".

Even if you've seen it before, watch it again. It changed my life many years ago when I was in a life-crisis.

You wrote that you like to watch movies, and this is one that can give some insight into just the kinds of growing-up troubles you are experiencing. Really watch it, and you'll get something out of it.

Good luck and best wishes - Living is hard, but it's better than the alternative...

wow...this is my secon most fav. reply....thanx mate....but i already saw it...loved the movie...watch ferris bueller's day off...n....back to the future series....the holiday....music n lyrics....stardust...some of these movies can change lives.....prestige...500 days of summer.....the bucket list....almost famous....the boat that rocked....click....if u want movies names....pls pls contact me....seriously m not boasting....i love telling people which movies to watch...i loved breakfast club...still have it...always will...but...i cant watch it again....not wen i have to go back to my sucking life again after watching my favorate club...hope u understand...movies n charecters r more important to me than..me myself...i cant go through 2 hours of amazingness jus to get back to uselessness of my life...get it? no....watch american beauty...maybe u will get it....sorry i sounded rude....n watch jason stanthem London...jus watched 30 mints of it n already loving it....pls watch good movies only...avoid coen brother's...o ya...i think tey sell crap...or maybe i don understand the crap tat tey make....smile
      ps:watch charlie bartlett, yes man and the ron clark story to feel good

4. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

You don't have to get a degree in engineering. Do what really interest you. Like habee says, go see your school counselor and see what other courses would interest you. You've gotten this far, go forward!! You can do it!!

i wil, do something good...didnt kno so many would care....felt lovely....yataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wanna help me...ten pls watch good movies nly...of good print...even if u have to....fget it...just watch good movies or pls contact me for names of excellent movies....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetc

5. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

talk to your parents. let them know how you feel. you should make these decisions with them. if anything tell them you might take up engeneering later in life when you are ready for it. if writing is where your heart is then go for it. i did. i'm following my career in writing my agent just sent my first manuscript out to publishers this morning. what helped me get started was taking a course through the Institute of Children's Literature. they also have programs for adult writing. but i chose to write for children. you don't actually go there it's all through the mail. i paid $50 a month for 12 months. i was provided with so much helpful information it was well worth it. if you think you might be interested you can email me for further details. maybe if you have a stepping stone of what to do if you give up on college it may help with your parents. plus this course is worth 6 college credits. i got my diploma and soon after contacted several magazines and now an agent who is contacting publishers for me. you may want to give it a try.
    as for your cousin, blood is thicker than water. she can't stay mad forever. you should try doing something nice for her. if you can cook fix her favorite meal, or take her to her favorite hang out(mall, etc.) maybe if you have money buy her something you know she has wanted for awhile just to show her you really care and want to make her happy.
    good luck

no way...i would rather die than tell mum n dad tat i wont join their big construction buisness...its like my whole family is in construction....dad, uncles, cousins....neway....hope u r fine...i will c wat i can do bout my cousin...afterall she loves me n will always be wit me...hope i sort my head out soon...etc (smile n take care)

6. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Yep, you're right, you do need some urgent help!

this is my fav reply...yup i need help...m doomed...n m loving it....c u in afterlife
      ps: jus kidding...watch good movies or ask me the names of some wen u r free smile

2. Alexander Mark profile image80
      Alexander Markposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is uncool.

7. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I would never advise anyone to run away!  You might make it on your own, but why put yourself through the hassle!  Please understand that each of us are giving you advice based on our own life experience - so it may not have anything to do with your reality!  Sounds like you are attempting to take responsibility for yourself and just need some guidance.  Most schools have "guidance counselors"  who can help you make major decisions, will help you talk to parents about your needs and wishes, will help you find your way.  There are also classes in what they call "life skills" which help you untangle the very problems you are talking about, plus some basic skills for taking care of yourself - like managing your money, getting a job, all the things you need to know. 

Life is overwhelming when you look at it as one big tangled mess - instead take it one day at a time, one task at a time, and don't be afraid to get some real help and the tools you need for living.  Don't try to solve all those questions at once, it takes time, but you will do it!  Trying to get through life all alone is just plain silly  - we need our whole community, a real community not just cyber friends - focus outward, reach out to others, and the solutions to your problems will appear!

Don't give up - come here for encouragement, but remember your friends here don't really know the complex person that is you!

For me Buddhist philosophy and a community of Buddhist followers helped me sort out problems and gave me some real self-discipline based on kindness and compassion.  Your spirit suffers the most when you are alone - try to find friends who like the same things you do!

Good luck, I know you will do well.

i will do well...u 2 tacke care n smile....hey...m really touched tat all of u took so much time to hepl me sort out stuff....m not sure if my probs will b solved...but i now kno tat m not alone....btw...watch the t.v series...Lost...u will love it....c ya...eeeeetc

8. ruanz3 profile image59
    ruanz3posted 13 years ago

I think you need to quit engineering and start following your passion. If your parents really care about you they would understand. You can start writing here on hubpages and make money from it. There are many great writers here and im sure you would enjoy being here. As you can see the people here are also really cool and supportive.

Personally im a loner myself. Im in a situation where its hard to make friends and my past has been crazy as well. I havnt had a real friend maybe ever. My best friend is someone i know from the internet and lives half a world away. Its not ideal but i do appreciate that i at least have that one person.

i kno wat u feel...i turned to movies to get over lonliness..not tat they hepled...but tey made me fell better....i cant leave engg...its lik a curse stuck wit me...in thougt i wuld be allowd to go for litreature n arts after high school...so i studied hard n got good marks...unfortunatly it took me to a good college of engg....wish i hadnt studied for entrence exams at all....this sucks...but i gotta live through it 4 now...i dont want to...but wat the heck...its not lik m doing watever i want....i will try writing some articals here....hope u r fine...contact me if u...need a friend....smile n take care

9. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

You're in your final year? You've come this far, I suggest you grit your teeth and continue till the end.  Even if you don't want to be an engineer, it's useful to have a degree in something.   

Once you've done your degree, that's the time to break free - you'll still have plenty of years to do what you want to do.

thsi is msot close to wat i was thinking...m gonna get through it n ten wite stories...but thinking aint gonna pass me...i still dont understand structures.....blive me m trying very hard....but those shear force n bending moments r killing me...its not math...i like math n science...coz i studied em in school...this...thing...structures...i don get em...i never read about em in school....i don kno how to get a grip...damn me...c ya...etc

1. Mentalist acer profile image60
        Mentalist acerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Get some tutoring and bust a gut...your gonna need a degree,writing is a reward not a career,if you can afford it shift your accedemics to something you can relate to...Good Luck;)

10. Kerkedijk profile image60
    Kerkedijkposted 13 years ago

Try to write down some of the good things going on in your life and count your blessings. Sit down and take stock of your life. Where do you want to be in 5 years time? What would you do if you gave yourself the total freedom to do it? You are young and free, this is the time to make good decisions for the next stage of your life. It is your life, its in your hands so be good to yourself and do what you want to do.
    If you still feel you have to continue with your studies, then apply yourself and get help and do well.....go for it or change course. Thoughts are with you and someone else already said that This too shall pass and it will and something else will come in its place. Make sure you are getting sleep, eating well and as I say, look after yourself first and everything else will look after itself.

1. tingyi2521 profile image54
      tingyi2521posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think these guys have posted many advices for you. You really should calm down and drink a cup of black tea, Relax yourself.

OK...tea....check...relaxation...check...probs still unsolved..check

11. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

What do you want to do with and in your life? I mean, do you have a plan of how will you earn enough money to lead a happy life?

If you have a plan that you think will work for sure, then quit the degree right now and work on it.

If you don't have one, make one. Just think, think what you can do.

12. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

You're facing a lot of issues, and it will help a LOT to have objective outside counseling to help you figure them out.  I vote for you going to the school counselor or mental health office.  They can help you evaluate what's going on in your life and help you find the best resources.

The idea about getting herb supplements may help too, but please don't automatically rule out prescription medication.  I have seen some young men your age who needed medication temporarily (for a few months at most) in order to regain balance in their lives.  There are many different medications available today.  The ones that help some people may not be good for you and vice versa.  Be grateful that we live in an age when there are many options available!

Also, keep in mind that many other people have gone through or are going through stresses similar to yours, and keep watching for their posts.  Lots of good ideas have shown up here.

13. Dvro6212 profile image59
    Dvro6212posted 13 years ago

You sound like a very troubled soul! It must be hard having parents who want you to lead a life that would ultimately make them happy but not you.

There's a brilliant passage in the Alchemist by Paolho Coelho, I think its in the Foreward pages, about how important it is for one to follow their dreams, and that there's 3 things that stops people from following their heart - and one of them is people who love them (family, friends, etc).

If you haven't read it, I think you will really relate to this book. A quote I thnk you'll like is: "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams"

I know it feels like you could never ever do it, but imagine if your destiny was that of an amazingly creative and influential writer who affected the lives of many in a positve and beautiful way... But you chose to take the easy option and not fight your parents for what you believe and instead became a depressed engineer. It would be a shame to potentially deny the world of your talent!

I also think that once you resolve these issues and find an outlet for your passion, you will then meet like minded people and form new, beautiful friendships and never feel loneliness again...

Hope it works out for you smile

14. Dense profile image60
    Denseposted 13 years ago

There is help for you in the lyrics of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lep0Fzq6omM
    Play it everyday for inspiration big_smile

(Don't even know what the singer looked like until I searched for this video. Always thought it's by a middle aged guy. smile )

15. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Sometimes kids don't think we as parents understand, but we do.  My daughter started in Electrical engineering & hated everything about it, changed her major to BioMedical Engineering and loves it. 

Go meet with your adviser, see what classes you can keep & move on to another major -- if that is what you want to do!  If you love to write, change to an English major.

Another thought - volunteer.  My daughter volunteers at the hospital on campus and loves reading to the pediatric patients & those kids LOVE when someone younger comes to play games or watch movies with them.

Good luck, keep your chin up & write a few hubs smile

16. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

I couldn't give more good advices than you guys here.
    Great advices for everyone in trouble.

One thing I learned in my life: always face our problem, sooner or later we will, so the sooner the better. I agree with Mythbuster (one of my favorite's show smile )- make a list and face the biggest problem first, If you can sort it out, everything else will be easy.

Be positive, be Jerry Maguire smile

17. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Hey, trouble, do you hear me?
    First: stop calling yourself trouble, because you are not.
    You are student, who chose the wrong profession, thousands of people do it every day, me included.
    Second: your parents want you to be an engineer, but you don't. it happens all the time. I want my son to be a lawyer but he studies philosophy, what can I do?
    Third: stop whining, you are a grown up man, MAN! You have to go to your parents and explain to them what you feel and how you feel. Quit everything as of NOW. Everything you don't like, because it's your life. YOUR LIFE.
    There is no doctor who is going to live your life for you.
    There is NO PILL that will make your life better.
    YOU have to think and act and start doing things you like as of NOW.
    People who love you will understand and forgive.
    People who don't love you, who cares about them?
    I've been there, at your place, I know how you feel, but until you get up and live YOUR LIFE - ther is no help for you. Do it.

18. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

LOL Alla, it is two months old thread, he is unlikely to ever read what you wrote smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

May be somebody else will...

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
        Lifeallstar1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe but now even more time has passed and this thread is still up. He hasn't been back. He has officially left the building!

19. cathylynn99 profile image77
    cathylynn99posted 13 years ago

you're so close to an engineering degree. try to finish it. it will show prospective employers in your chosen field that you have follow-through. there are jobs, like teaching english in japan, that require ANY bachelor's degree.

have you thought about technical writing? pays more than most writing. your science background might be useful there.

20. generalbrat profile image65
    generalbratposted 13 years ago

Well it sounds like you need a true vacation to clear your mind but you also need to really indulge in it ENJOY SOME FREE TIME VISIT PLACES ANYWHERE! also get a massage these kinds of things help you relax then I totally agree with others that repled to you go to a college advisor. Never give up I'm here for you as well as a friend. hope things get better for u soon. your new friend general brat

21. Twinklers profile image60
    Twinklersposted 13 years ago

It sounds as if you have some family who love and care for you. Let you parents know you are miserable, they may desire for you to be an engineer, but ultimately what they really want is for you to be fulfilled and happy with your life.
    Your cousin sounds like a wonderful, supporting friend to you. Have you opened up to her? Does she know you are extremely unhappy and frusterated?

Please excuse me if I sound presumptous, but you sound like you are experiencing some serious depression. This may be a condition that requires medical intervention. We all have periods of depression, but when it lasts more than a few weeks or months it can become very dangerous.
    Perhaps you should have an evaluation done by a professional. Please, please do not think of this as a weakness or an intentional defect, it is NOT! If we get a virus we also get an antibiotic to make it go away. If we experience prolonged depression we may need treatment to clarify our thinking.
    I am sending my prayers to you. Be kind to yourself, you deserve the best life has to offer.

22. profile image49
    RosalynCruzposted 13 years ago

I know how you feel

23. profile image0
    lambservantposted 13 years ago

I can't add any more practical advice to what you've already been given as far as your schooling is concerned. But you might want to take a day or two or three away from everyone, and evaluate somethings. Such as:
    1. What is good in my life? Then thank God for it.
    2. What are the strengths and gifts and talents God has given me? Then thank God for it.
    3. How would you, God, like me to use these gifts and talents and strengths?

As for your relationships, you could do the same thing.
    1. What can I do to communicate better with my cousin? Should I listen more closely to what she is really saying and feeling without thinking about your own selfish wants and agenda?
    2. How can I show love and appreciation to my cousin without expecting anything in return?
    3. God, how can I become a better man?
    4. God, what is your plan for my life?

What it all boils down to is that God has a blueprint for your life, and he made it before you were even a twinkle in your Daddy's eye. There is a saying out there that says, "I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future." The word "who" in that saying is referring to your Creator.

God loves you and wants to help you. Spend some time seeking him. As the one gal said, find a place of worship, and perhaps get some oounseling or therapy for your personal problems. Take care and God bless.

24. itology profile image61
    itologyposted 13 years ago

Well for someone who thinks she is alone and dosent have anyone, GOD sure has provided you with a lot of listeners. A friend its is! That's what I can offer and is all GOD really wants any of us to be to each other. I and you and others cant always have the answers but we sure can use the loving friendship of others who offer it unconditionally. I wish you the best of luck and I will pray for you and if you wish you can write back.

George

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)