Help with Qassia and backlinks

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (22 posts)
  1. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

I've read over and over the "get quality backlinks with Qassia" line.

Is it true? Do links from this site help?

How do you do it? I know you write the "intel", but where does the backlink link to? Your profile? Or can you change it to different hubs each time?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have several bits of "intel" on Qassia and have never had a skerrick of traffic from them, so I don't bother any more. 

You can change it to different Hubs.

2. LondonGirl profile image82

Thanks, Marisa.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I'm with Marisa on this smile

4. webjunkie profile image59
    webjunkieposted 15 years ago

I have been at this to long  one word for this system   "pass"

5. LondonGirl profile image82

Sorry webjunkie - I'm being thick. Could you explain what you mean?

6. webjunkie profile image59

dont waste your time on it

7. bluemundy profile image60
    bluemundyposted 15 years ago

HI, well I don't no if a lot of people 'read' the intels but as to back links Qassia has a PR of 5 so every time you post intel there that is relevant to your keywords and contains your keywords then yes the back links do count.  So posting there just for the high rank back links is a good idea, once a week will add up a lot of back links and help with your sites page ranking on the search engines. link to your website or which ever page you want the back links for.  Remember to choose keywords that have commercial value so your not wasting your time.

Hope that helps.

Bluemundy.

8. reagu profile image64
    reaguposted 15 years ago

I looked around for links in Qassia.  The handful that I saw leading to a website are "nofollows".  I'm not sure how valuable that would be as a backlink.

9. webjunkie profile image59

nofollows are completely useless if you want a search engine to use them that is the command that tells the search to ignore that link.  Now some of you may ask why a website would tell Google no to follow a link. Google gives each page X number of points per keyword. If there are 10 link the points are divided by ten and split among them. I website that has has to many links is a link farm, so often they use the now follow thus reducing the number a re links in the formula to promote their own interests. So their users work hard to build the content of the site the site benefits but the users do not. You notice my post above... don't waste you time with this site.

10. LondonGirl profile image82

So are Qassia links all no-follows?

11. webjunkie profile image59

ok I followed one link  http://www.qassia.com/how-to-treat-your-doctor  its an article called "How To Treat Your Doctor" The link referenced is a link to http://epilepsycures.blogspot.com/2009/ … doctor.htm that link the code is marked as a no follow link. Now I can not read the writers mind but I expect that Rycharde Manne (the author) published the article on Qassia for a link back to their own blog. This they got, if the author wanted better results from search engines as a motive for the second post this they did not get. The repeat post has several problems its duplicate content. Google frowns upon this. I have a article in hub pages about that, don't need to link to it some will jump my but for self promotion. I the time I am typing this I have only a few hubs should be easy to locate. Second the link to the blog is a no follow link so the search engine will not spider the blog the link goes to. so here what the author has gained by putting the article on Qassia. He has given Qassia readers what appears to be an informative article on how to treat your doctor and unless Qassia has a revenue generating system for it members (I am not a member so I do not know if this is so) thats all he has done help Qassia have more content. Unless you count the  fact that he now has a link to both of  his article postings from this forum posted by me.  But even a link posted in this forum is a no follow link so once again he will gain no Google benifit from my posting.

12. TrophyMan profile image64
    TrophyManposted 15 years ago

From what I've seen, Qassia backlinks are ALL marked NoFollow.

You can see if links on ANY SITE/PAGE are NoFollow by installing a free plugin in Firefox called 'SearchStatus' and turning on the 'Highlight NoFollow Links' feature.

Then, every page you visit will have the links tagged 'NoFollow' highlighted in PINK for easy identification.

(Incidentally, that 'SearchStatus' plugin has many other useful features).

You can download it at:
    http://www.quirk.biz/searchstatus/

13. ocbill profile image54
    ocbillposted 15 years ago

You can also use SEO for Firefox too.

everything I read says otherwise that it is dofollow. Is there a hurdle to jump over like Hubpages for it to stay dofollow?

14. webjunkie profile image59

it would appear to me that the  Qassia is looking out for itself and does not really care if you get a better Google rank. How ever if you look at what they are offering on their sign up page they do not mention that their system is for improving content from other sites. they want to to post the content there and promote it there. Buy what I have read the site is basically doing what hubpages does but with a few different rules. As for using it to promote HubPages it does not appear to be a useful tool for that

15. LondonGirl profile image82

Then Qassia is more than a little cheeky, because they make a big deal out of getting "quality backlinks" from the site.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes indeed.  In fact they promote the site on the basis of "write something - anything - rubbish if you like, duplicate content if you like - and get the backlink". 

However you'll note the only backlink they're talking about is the link to your website at the end of your intel - they don't say anything about links inside the article itself.  You have to set up the websites that can be displayed under "my websites" - I couldn't find any way to authenticate my HubPages, so I don't think you'd be able to promote HubPages at Qassia anyway.

16. webjunkie profile image59

Qassia it appears is relying on the fact that the vast majoring of web authors really have a very limited knowledge of how search engines work. In fact I would venture to guess that very few really understand them. Now if your talking Google, there are many aspects too Google that do not come into play on other search engines. 

PageRank - to the average surfer a useless number don't know what it don't care don't have to.
    Google serps - This is Google's Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan System
    Google BOT - I expect most people think the Google bot is another name for a Segway
    SANDBOX - This one they know they have on in the back yard they bought for the kids that the neighborhood cats loves
    Google SITEMAP - Blue prints of the Google Head quarters
    Adsense - don't really know but makes sense if they are paying me

Sorry I will stop now I should write a book on Google to amuse myself.

17. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Hey Londongirl, great questions.

I'm somewhat with Marisa and Misha on this- it doesn't seem to really be worth it. BUT, Qassia has it's value. I'm on Qassia myself and started out doing a bunch of work on it there.

Some links are dofollow and some are nofollow, but if you want info on that you'll have to get it straight from Qassia, not word of mouth as Qassia would be the most reliable. I know the task might seem daunting, but you could always read through their FAQs.

I would suggest that Qassia is useful for starting something up, but not for continued use thereafter. Since google takes into account the quality of the backlinks, qassia backlinks aren't always great. You could write a great piece of intel there but it might be of little importance to google since the intel might have a google pagerank 0/10. But pretend you put that exact same content at a different site and the pagerank is 2/10, well that backlink would be valued much more. Does that make sense?

I haven't checked all of my intel, but last I saw they all had zero pagerank...so that really isn't valued as much as pages with higher pagerank (such as hubpages, for example)!

And as far as what Marisa wrote, I'm pretty sure you can authenticate hubs. You have two options to authenticate a website...and one of these options should work although I've never tried it.

Here's what that option tells you to do:

Add the 12-character authentication code to your site. You may place it anywhere on your page, and you may remove it after you have successfully authenticated your site. Moreover, the authentication code may be hidden (commented out), or in the same color as the background. The authentication code for this site is:

So in theory, you could tuck that code away on the hub somewhere and qassia's spider would find it. Again I haven't tried it, but it should work.

Hopefully some of that info helps!

Oh and one last thing- I've been observing Qassia for about 6 months now through Google's web tools. In that time I've gotten 49 views of my intel and one adclick. I'll let you interpret that however you'd like. They do, however, give you 100% of ad revenue, so I earned $.09 for that click! haha

18. webjunkie profile image59

WeddingConsultant good information - With that 49 views you will soon a dedicated server to handle all your traffic lol. It appear to me that Qassia only work if you self promote your Qassia articals  and using for backlink does not appear to an option at all. If I coould only pick one between HP and Wassi I have found many more pages of HP in Google then Qassia. HP seems like it could generate more traffic for you even without self promotion.

19. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

webjunkie, very true that hubpages wins the traffic-driving award, hands down. Qassia isn't really there for driving traffic- they openly desire to be there simply to create backlinks.

But hubpages drives traffic, creates backlinks and is much more user-friendly. I pick hubpages hands down.

20. LondonGirl profile image82

Thanks very much for the detailed info.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)