I Just Ordered An Article Through Fiverr

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (41 posts)
  1. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

Just wanted to let you all know that I found a person who will write a five hundred word article for $5.00 on Fiverr. (http://www.fiverr.com/users/purplemonkey)

To good to be true but it is. I just received the article and it is so far superior then what I could have written myself. It went straight to the front page of my blog and will stay there it is that good.

The person goes by the name of purplemonkey on fiverr and if anyone needs such a service look her up.

I also ordered 35 .edu and 2,500 profile backlinks. All for five bucks.

Fiverr is a gold mine and saves a lot of time.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the tip!

2. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you run it through a plagiarism checker? I paid someone through Textbroker once, and got super articles! Then I ran them through Copyscape and they were simply re-written ezine articles, and not hers either.

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And what sort of guarantee do you have that the backlinks you bought won't turn out to be this sort of thing that was recently posted about?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/54280?p … ost1238372

How do you know they will be quality backlinks that help you and not backlinks that tell the world you are a spammer?

1. Bill Manning profile image68
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with Relache about the backlinks. I hope they turn out to be good, but paying 5 bucks for hundreds of backlinks does not sound like a good idea. hmm

TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I checked first to see the backlinks generated. They are from software that I have myself but not the list this guy will use. I am still comfortable with these links as the forums they land on are not your mainstream forums that might cause problems.

You can buy the same list but it cost around the $15 mark, so to me, the cost and the links fit into the bigger scheme of things I have for the site the links are directed at.

It's not hubpages.  I run that account myslef and use no external third parties at all. I must make that clear.

4. profile image50
      Huberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I sure would like to know more about your 35 edu link and 2500 profile backlinks for $5 offer. Who is the seller for both of these?

I saw something similar today at  7Freelance.com

thanks a lot -- Huber

2. TerryGl profile image57

Hi Wrylilt, unreal. I got the article. Put it through notepad and posted straight to my site.

For $5.00. Purplemonkey is a very talented writer. I have just put in my second order.

It was something I had to share.

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image61
      Lifeallstar1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Will purple monkey sell the exact same article again because then it will be a duplicate(for this site) and can't be used. There are site's that sell research/essay papers which people buy to use for essays and things, usually school related. You can also sell your own work on the site if you want. You keep selling the same exact paper.

Honestly it would not bother me if the article was sold to someone else.

The trick with articles is to build more links to it then anyone else. As you can see I also bought two link building campaigns to the main page.

That is where the article will reside and with the links already to the main page, someone will need in excess of 3k links to outrank it.

Duplicate content has never been an issue for me, I have not experienced any such penalties, but then again, I do a lot of link building.

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Enough duplicate content would see you drop into the 'NoFollow' zone, it does have a profound effect on hubberscore.

3. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

And to think that purplemonkey joined Fiverr just 4 days back! Wow!

I think a lot of hubbers will now go and check this wonderful writer, thanks to the link that you have given.

Correct me if I am wrong, but won't you find other writers too on Fiverr, who will write articles for 5 bucks apiece?

1. profile image0

You will be suprised.

I know a WEB DEVELOPER who refuses to spend their salary or profits on their out of work projects.

If he wants a domain name he has to earn the $10. He will do stuff like that pay for it.

He earns $50,000 per year from his salary. Thats a good tactic really, not sure how much he earns privately, but I know he sold a website for $6,000 recently.

Writing two articles and buying a domain which you can develop and sell for $6k seems fully worth it to me. Some people have their own little ways.

Then again, maybe she can just churn them out in half an hour? $10 per hour seems an acceptable little sideline.

4. TNB profile image60
    TNBposted 13 years ago

Wow! I hope you are very happy that you've found a person you can exploit.

That was a bit rough and un-called for really.

The person has listed a service on Fiverr. They are willing to do something for $5 and in this case it is to write a five hundred word article.

I am not exploiting that person, just using their service. Have you looked at Fiverr? They will do anything for $5 so its not exploiting.

The concept would not exist unless it is people like me who will pay for the service.

1. TNB profile image60
        TNBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm just saying that there are a few freelance writers on hubpages most of whom would probably tell you that this is a very unfair price for the kind of effort that they make.

1. profile image0

And did you read my post?

1. TNB profile image60

Yes. But I also read purplemonkey's profile and it says (s)he requires 48 hours to deliver the article.

1. profile image0

That doesn't mean that it takes her 48 hours to write 500 words. That means that she doesn't want to set unrealistic deadlines.

If she sells 10 articles for $5, that doesn't mean that she is going to want to work 5 hours flat immediately to deliver the goods.

If you purchase a laptop through Amazon.com they may require 4 days to deliver. That doesn't mean that it takes 96 hours of work.

Some people have babies, uni assignments, sports events to attend. A 48 hour timeframe suggests to me that she either...

a) has a life.
              b) has lots of work (e.g. 30 articles on order)
              c) a combination of the above.

2. lrohner profile image67
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obviously the writer doesn't think it's unfair. There are several places where s/he could go and sell articles for double that. I actually know writers who will do it for less. Just go take a look on eLance or Guru. Don't know the quality of the finished product, but you'll find people writing 500 words for $2 or $3.

1. TNB profile image60

We don't know why they do this. In my experience people who sell their services at such a low price do it because they are in desperate need of money. To take advantage of this situation is exploitation.

1. kubth profile image65
              kubthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are being a bit melodramatic if I'm honest.

Will you stop buying Nike kicks because the workers that make their shoes in China and India are paid low wages?

You can argue til the cows come home about whether it's justifiable or not. Yes, it's exploitation, but it's also a case of needs must for individuals that need to provide food for their families.

1. TNB profile image60

It's almost gratifying that my being honest about what I think leads you to be honest as well. wink

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fiverr is fine because cap is set by site. I came across one thread where there was bid of 1cent per word. Now that's exploitation.

1. profile image0

500 Words, at 1 cent each, IS $5.

In other words, $5.00 divided by 500 words = 1 cent per word.

1. TNB profile image60

So skyfire and I are in agreement then. wink

Anyway, you are right, ryankett.

2. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If i remember correctly no word limit was mentioned there.   I have to dig that thread to find out.

1. profile image0

No need, its irrelevant.

5. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

You can find very cheap writers everywhere if you look enough. Actually 5 bucks for 500 words is about the norm, maybe just a little cheaper than normal.

I use to write 150 word blog post, plus grab a picture for it, plus put in sponsor links, right in their blog, for $1.50! I could do 12 per hour.

I currently pay someone $6.00 for a 400 word article. If they live in a cheap country that is way better than any job they can get there.

The trouble is finding someone who writes very well. Nobody is going to put the extra effort into an article with your key words the way you would.

But if you tweak it after, it's still worth it as it saves a lot of time. Of course those who write for the pure enjoyment will think paying for writing is horrible.

But it's just part of biz, no different than a paralegal filling out forms, a medical form writer or anyone else who works in an office filling out paperwork all day.

6. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

There is a definite advantage of charging a low price, particularly when the article content is quality, because word spreads and before you know it, the writer is having more orders of work based on recommendations, it's a low paying tactic at first and then it snowballs into a profitable sideline or a primary or secondary income source.

Exactly my point. The finished product I received the next day, earlier tonight. It was perfect. Had the right keyword mix and was very interesting to read.

The style was an attestament of the writers knowledge, style and flair.

Like I said, I posted it immediately without any alterations. I did in fact try to get the writer to email as I wanted more written. The response I received was to continue going through Fiverr. I did just that and ordered a second.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Someone should mention to her that she is underselling herself.

8. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Thanks for the tip.

1. Sekharg profile image60
      Sekhargposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One of my friend told me about Fiverr earlier too.

Looks like it is a good site, especially when you get something you need for $5.

9. WoodsmensPost profile image62
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

http://i45.tinypic.com/2akmw7o.jpg

10. TerryGl profile image57

First the article is not on Hubpages.

Two I ran it through copyscape and it is clean.

Three the links are forum profile and the .edu links are blogrolls.

I still see no problem, this is not my first day on the internet you know and performed the due diligence.

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is why it's often best to keep stuff like this to yourself!  lol

I personally would have not shared your good information. Helping people in general is fine, giving away solid leads normally ends up hurting you with nothing to show for it.

Anyway good luck, sounds like you know what your doing. smile

I am starting to feel that way Bill. Often many struggle and its little hints like these that can get them to focus a little better. I often feel people can take it for what it is, no need to look at the bad in it but the possibilities it might present.

Maybe I will take your advice.

11. TerryGl profile image57

Here is the link

fiverr.com/categories/advertising/tags/backlinks/order/latest/pages/1

Hope it helps.

12. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Now if we could only buy cases of beer for $5 lol

13. profile image50
    Huberposted 13 years ago

I like Fiverr but their support really sucks. I bought 2 of their offers, they canceled my account for no fault of my own and they owe me $10

Megan
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1949532

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)