Started the 30 Day Hub Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Timstown profile image60
    Timstownposted 13 years ago

Last night I decided that I was going to challenge myself to post a hub a day for the rest of the month, and then this afternoon I found this challenge, so.... you could say that I started it yesterday.   I have two hubs up already.... now just 28 more to go.  My ultimate goal will be to be able to be making $100-200 a month by the end of the year.  I don't know if maybe this is an unreasonable goal, but unreasonable goals are what makes me get things done.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well good luck - cant see it happening until you become dofollow.  You need to hit 75 before you get there on your authorscore.  However, the 30 in 30 will definately get your authorscore up quickly.

Welcome to Hubpages!

Timstownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What does "becoming dofollow" mean?  And I know it may very well not happen, but I'm still going to shoot for it.  If you aim big you'll usually end up getting farther than if you aimed smaller, even if you don't reach your goals.

Thanks!

1. profile image0

You arent being crawled by the search engines presently.  Hubpages put a no follow on newbies to deter spammers.  You are presently 35 - keep producing good content and you will soon rise to above 74 where you will get crawled and indexed - dont worry, the 30 in 30 is a great start for you and you will soon be a high flyer! wink

Gotcha, thanks.

1. profile image0

Oh... and try and be pro active in the forums - we would love to get to know you.  Good luck!

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! The 30 Day HubChallenge is a great way to jump right in!  I glanced over your two hubs and it looks like you've got the concept down.  Write 28 more quality hubs like the other two and you'll be on your way!  $100-$200 a month is reasonable.  It's fairly common for a hubber to take 8-10 months to hit that first $100 payout, but the second payout comes much faster.  During the 2nd year, you can easily see $100 each month.  Obviously, results vary according to your topics, etc.

Nice to know.  I'd be perfectly happy with making that goal in 8-10 months... I just work well when trying to do something unreasonable, hah.

3. profile image57
    scholarshipsformoposted 13 years ago

Keep focused on your goal and you'll get there. Its great to see people that push themselves.

4. Timstown profile image60
    Timstownposted 13 years ago

The bad:
    I'm too tired to write a Hub of the quality I'd like right now, and I don't want to publish any fluff.  Note to self: create a smalls stockpile of Hubs for nights like this when you have time.  I thus need to write two Hubs tomorrow.  I better not mess this up.

The good:
    I did a bunch of research on SEO and came up with a small list of keywords I can possibly use to write some articles.  I also tweaked a couple of my already published posts.

Hub for yesterday written but unpublished.   That's because it's sorta of going to be an introduction for a series that it wouldn't make sense to publish until all the other articles are.

So, for my own reference:
      -Day 4-
      Hub #5: Beginner Vegetarian - What You Need to Know (for my own reference)

Hub for today to come tonight... will probably have to do with the series.

Hub #5 for today mostly done... but I'm gonna wait till the morning when I'm actually awake to put on the finishing touches and make sure there are no errors.  I'm gonna try to get a few done tomorrow because I don't really have anything I need to do.   I love free days.

Note to self:  Try to start getting these done midday!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)