Major Problems With Photo Capsule Resolved (Or Maybe Not)

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
    Fawntiaposted 13 years ago

Thank you to everyone who reported problems with the photo capsule. A new release just went out that fixed a big issue with Internet Explorer that was causing all kinds of problems and understandable stress for a number of users. I apologize for this, especially because it took so long to track it down.

I believe that all of the major issues are now fixed. I hope that the photo capsule is more enjoyable to use now. Thanks again for the time that so many of you took to write descriptions of the problems that you were experiencing.

Of course, if you continue to experience problems, please let us know.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3881945_f248.jpg

1. Peggy W profile image96
      Peggy Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just a few minutes ago I tried loading some photos into my last Death Valley hub and got the exact same results...it STILL does not work.  Just for fun, after uploading and saving the photos I went to preview...not there to be seen.  Finish editing just keeps loading...loading...loading...  I have to "X" out of hubpages then sign back in with name and password.  So alas!...still not working!

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, everyone. I've been bugging staff members at HubPages to test the photo capsule in Internet Explorer, and they are all telling me that it works for them. It also works for me. So, we're really stumped, but still trying to figure this out. Thanks for your continued patience. (In the meantime, as has been suggested, switching browsers will probably help if you don't mind doing that temporarily.)

3. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF

Are there Hubbers out there who use Internet Explorer 7 or 8 and are able to upload photos in a capsule and save the Hub without problems?

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

It's not working for me either. I can save the photo capsule but when I try to save the hub it continues to say loading forever.

When I go to my alternative way to upload the picture outside of the hub AND THEN go to the hub to insert it, everything works fine for me.

Again IE7

Sadly that alternative method does not work for me.

3. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Still not working for me as well. I can upload picture in capsule, but when I hit done editing, it keeps, loading...loading...loading...   I have to go back to my account and sign in again.

4. vinnz21 profile image61
    vinnz21posted 13 years ago

I am using google chrome and its working fine in my hub, try to look at this hub which I have uploaded photo earlier <snipped link>

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP, vinnz21.

I'm also using Chrome and have no problems at all throughout the upgrade.

Btw, it's considered self promotion to post hub links in the forum to your own hubs. smile

5. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Still not working for me either with IE8, but I did open up Firefox (which I rarely use) and was able to upload my picture to my hub and get it to publish just fine.

If any of you are trying with IE and you have FF too, give it a try...

Hopefully it'll get back to working with IE because I don't like FF, but at least I got my hub published with it.

Hope they fix the photo capsule with Internet Explorer.  Question...already asked this in another forum topic...Can one have FF and IE on one's computer and switch back and forth between them?  Or does one take the place of the other?

It looks like you've figured this out, Peggy, but you can have as many browsers as you want on your computer and switch among them as you please.

6. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I have a major problem with the design of the photo capsule:

When you open it, it defaults to "my photos" tab.

I dont and I doubt many reuse photos - this is inefficient.

It should default to upload or import, you guys should have the data to choose which is the more popular option.

I'll change it so that the upload tab is the default. It might be a few days before you see the change, though.

7. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

Just downloaded Firefox and can now download pictures into hubpages again!

8. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I am not having problems or issues with uploading photos. I am using Firefox with Windows XP.

9. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Awesome!

10. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

If you are using IE7 you might want to upgrade, IE9 has finally been released in BETA, and it is finally conforming to some of the CSS3 releases which have helped make browsers such as crome, firefox and safari infinitely more powerful.

It might be worth an upgrade if you have a recent OS (Vista & up) if not you should still be able to use IE8 for a bit more compatibility!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)