How many hubs before first Asense Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. jwsc101 profile image57
    jwsc101posted 13 years ago

Hi All

So, ok I am new here so please bear with me.  Great site though isn't it.

I've been busy writing away at my hubs over the last couple of days and been lucky with a few views (all from within Hubpages). I was just wondering how long you were on this site and how many hubs you had before you started getting at least some adsense earnings per day.

Just to be clear I'm not talking about adsense payouts, just accruing clicks!

Thanks

jwsc101

sorry about the type in the thread title!

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
      Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I used to think I wasn't making a dime on here, but it turns out (and I'm not making much, but) that you have to click the little box there on your adsense screen because it is only showing that day's earnings.  You can click it to show you the last seven days' earnings or different options like that.

2. jwsc101 profile image57
    jwsc101posted 13 years ago

Thanks, did you do lots of SEO and backlinking for the search engines to find you or did it just happen naturally?

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It happened naturally at first.

Then I found ping.fm  I also submitted my RSS feed following Sunforged suggestions on his hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/RSS-Submission-Sites-list

I have seen an increase in traffic since following sunforged's suggestions.

2. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't do very much of that - basically nothing.   Too lazy and Adsense isn't my main reason for writing.

However, as those who do swear by SEO will point out, I have been around a long, long time.  My main web site is 13 years old and generates about $1,000 in Adsense monthly.  That's an entirely different environment than someone starting out here.

So you cannot go by me and none of the SEO folks like my opinions of their activities anyway :-)

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

OP deleted?

Just curious.

Edit: NS

1. Pcunix profile image90

He deleted his post and then reposted because of a typo.  He didn't notice the "edit" button.

4. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

It's not the number of posts, but the seo research, keywords and phrases, backlinking, and overall niche.

Says someone with 874 hubs :-)

Numbers may not be necessary, I agree, but if you have nothing else to do while waiting for the wealth to roll in, you might as well write a few more.. just in case the first few don't work out.

1. sofs profile image75
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can tell that the SEO  research, keyword searches  have worked for me. 
        I have been reading a lot about  back linking, linking your own hubs all these work too!!
        Welcome and best wishes!

1. Whitney05 profile image82
          Whitney05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I'll agree... If you don't have anything to do, write....

But, it's not the numbers.. Misha for a long time was going really well on just 5 hubs, but if I remember correctly, he busted his butt on marketing and getting backlinks.

Sometimes, it's a hit and miss, so write whatever... That's my philosophy with sales hubs. I have several series I'm working on. I actually got an idea for a new series while in the middle of a series I had in my notebook from many months ago. I still have to finish that one, the new one, and 2 others. Most of my sales series are chosen for a reason, but sometimes I just pick things of interest or potential revenue earners. But, it's nearly always a hit and miss.

For example, I have a sales hub that has done really well, so I made about 4 or 5 more, breaking down the sections of the original one. The original one still does so much better than ones that are more focused on the different types of products.

I suggest just write and have fun.

1. ofmelancholy profile image60
            ofmelancholyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you don't have anything to do, write
            That's exactly what ı do.

2. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 13 years ago

While number of Hubs defintely has an impact on your earnings, you can make money with just a few Hubs, it all depends how much work you put in to them.

I actually came to Hubpage 2 years ago, posted a few backlinks and left.  I came back nearly a year later because the articles I posted here had started to earn money (I tracked them down as a positive discrepency in my adsense caccount, I didnt have a channel for hubpages at the time). This was money earned through 0 promotion and around 3-5 articles.

3. jcales profile image54
      jcalesposted 13 years ago

2+ years for me. most AS for me comes from owned domains vs. 3rd party sites

4. profile image0
      Spiritual Growthposted 13 years ago

Well, I am new to Hubpages, and have posted 6 hubs with no attention to keywords or SEO, and just wrote from the heart. I made a small (extremely small) amount within one week, and have made another extremely small amount again last week. It may be nothing to others, but it is really exciting to me and has spurred me on again. I am going to use the resources on here as it seems lots of people write about making money on Hub Pages.
      It is however, thrilling to be able to write and share my thoughts and possibly make a few pennies as well.
      Good luck to everyone, and keep writing!
      Love and blessings,

Caroline

5. kazeemjames01 profile image59
      kazeemjames01posted 13 years ago

From my experience, write anything interesting that has a buying/sales potential or search inclination to visitors. Forget about all the stress of backlinking, SEO research e.t.c. Honestly, i agree with Whitney...and for the works of Misha ( if you will write using SEO techniques, it then means that the content must be very original, about 850-1500 words, with original pictures and possibly videos. That is the only way to lick the juice from the techniques of SEO research and quality paying keywords.
      But......I will advise, write on anything you can write on, anything interesting to you............but make sure it has a buying or search inclination.
      Cheers

6. profile image55
      SolarDeckLightsposted 13 years ago

Hi, I am new to Hubpages but I have been blogging a while. My first reason for join Hubpages was to gain links and traffic for my blog. However I soon realized it is also a source for me to contribute to my community and hopefully become a voice for naturalism and my environmental concerns. Nonetheless I am scared as hell when it comes to writing (My previous writing experience was confined to reports and technical documents). Especially seeing the quality of content that you guys are producing I feel way beneath you.

However I been reading the forums, studying a few stuff on line and hopefully I will get over my fears and start producing the quality content I see all around me at Hubpages.

P.S. Thanks PcUnix in a way you have inspired me. I don't think any one could produce so much content in so little time. However if you and others can do it, I will also try.

I'm happy to have inspired you, but 156 hubs in 16 weeks is only about 1.5 a day.  It's not a lot.  Three or four a day would be hard work, but one and a half definitely is not.

7. profile image58
      2Esposted 13 years ago

I am new as well, I think I am stumbling my way through this.  I have to ask myself, why am I blogging?  I want to document my journey and maybe inspire someone else...  How can I reach the people I want to?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)