Strutting your stuff !

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I heard something earlier today .....

It says ...    If ya want to fly with the     EAGLES ..  then ..
    Don't be spending all your time strutting in front of crows.

How many of us spend too much of our time strutting??????

I don't think that Jesus be looking for more strutters!

I would think that he has an abundence of them!   
    "They" are TOooo  easy to come by

1. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I quite agree with the sentiment Jerami - now if you persuade all those drive-by preaching fools to quit strutting we can get on with a reasonable conversation at a higher level - where the metaphorical eagles can fly with your metaphorical god.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

amen Poet! wink

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just wish that everyone could see life through anothers eys.

Anyone elses eyes!   That my friend would create a NEW world.

2. Jerami profile image58

You got a good point ......
            But Eagles ain't the only ones struttin.

I seen a couple of sparrows doin it as well.

and more than a few dodo

Yea !   I don't want to point more than a couple of fingers.

Don't want to put a %  on it one way or another

I can only speak for my self and say ...   I've caught myself doin it from time to time!

Hard habit to break !    But I'm trying.

Having given your question some serious thought, which I generally reserve only for yours in the christian threads, I realise that the answer is that the overwhelming number of posts are all started by proselytising christians and one muslim - maybe this IS your answer?

I agree with much of what you say concerning "RELIGIOIN"

I agree with much of what "Religionists"  say  "ABOUT"  GOD

Religion is a good thing concerning those people that get introduced to God.

It's kinda like a blind date.   Ya get introduced!   Ya go on a date !  If the date works out well ??  Ya don't have to spend the rest of your life at that persons house that introduced ya !!

Ya can't love that person more than ya do each other !!

After the introduction has been completed ...  Somebody gotta get out of the way in order for the relationship to reach its full potential.

Ya know what I mean ??

One more thing..
                   Why don't anyone graduate from CHURCH ??

And then come back once in a while to give a pep talk ?

2. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

Wow! Jerami! I think you have really opened my eyes! It seems many of us do this very thing not realizing what we are doing! We think we are defending our beliefs, or helping others, when in reality we are not doing anything of the sort! It really makes a person take a long look in the mirror and think long and hard about what they are doing and why!!!!

Thanks for posting this!

And I thank all of yaul for helping me come to that conclusion..   This fell on my head today.   Ouch !!

1. libby101a profile image59
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did it hurt??? LOL!! Just kidding! I know what you mean though! We just go on and on and don't think! Sometimes we should step back and think before getting involved in some of this nonsense!

I think it may be good to get out there and wrestle with opposite opinions ....   even in the mud !   But don't hang around long enough to get buried.

I'm  getting tired of hearing the same old sh-- from some of the folks (atheists) on here.

If ya look back a couple of years you will see that they were posting the same old garbage even back then.

If two years of people trying to answer them hasn't done any good ???  If all of them can't answer their same "OLD" questions ?? 

Either no one can,   OR    They don't even try to listen !!

I agree! I've heard enough about starving children to realize it's not the "starving children" that bothers them! I know we have all answered this question numerous times! Yet the question is still brought forth! It's like a broken record, skipping to the same old tune!!!

That is because the posts are the same old record skipping to the same old broken tune - and no answers have ever been given - every one of the ridiculous claims that are made over and over have been refuted and none of the god botherers have yet to provide one sensible answer except a quote from one of the many versions of your dicredited novel.

Ya need to listen to the tune if you can catch it in harmony   

"IF"  we are gonna go to a place where the energy continues ....    What difference does it make how  "long" we are caught up in this quagmire that we call life??

The starving Children ???   They are better off than the rest of us that are still attempting to swim out of the swirl of the toilet being flushed.

Shame,  shame,  shame on me for calling it like it is !!

but   If this physical life is all that there is ?   
                I'd just as soon of not have been bothered in the first place.

and this is exactly the issue -

those of us who do not spend our time gazing into the blinding light of ignorance love this life, love the people around us and have every reason to meet death with a huge appreciation for having the good fortune to be aware of having had such a good time. 

That is why we really care about people and really do something about it - mouthing and babbling does nothing except keep you in a trance praying and moaning for the end.

They have had a number of great answers but choose to ignore them as if they never heard it.

And yet I do see their point in wanting some Christians to stop and look at their selves.

They are doing good work it that area,

But if they could hear a couple of good answers everyone would be better for it.

I agree! I've seen a couple of good answers to this question and they were ignored as though they weren't there!

And as you stated a few really do need to stop and take a long look at themself! Because some do have this "Holier than thou" concept! But I think it goes both ways! There are non-believers who think they are never wrong!

It is always easier to see the faults in others when we carry the same burden.

3. marty1968 profile image61
              marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

And the sad part is that we are asked for our thoughts on a thread and after we give feedback, we are attacked. Mostly by the same people.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol had to laugh at your words....not at you....and the pic in my head of the eagle strutting in front of the crows....and then the idea 'fell on your head today'....lol

Good morning SWO-here - now I have this vision of pigeon sh*t words dropping all over these forums big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

hey AP! lol...you've seen my pigeon pic?

no - you gonna put it up here or point me to it ?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...i'll be respectful...it's in the good morning thread!

Some of my wisest ideas just get dumped on my head.   What can I say ??

3. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 13 years ago

Jeremiah 12:5

Sheeple

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)