Is it "ETHICAL" to STALK another Hubber on Hub Pages?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Today I was alerted to a practice I have seen for the first time on Hub Pages. A Hubber, who shall for obvious reasons remain nameless, is shamelessly copying parts of another Hub Page Writer's hubs and posting them up as their own, and even resorting to copying the style of writing and "speech patterns" of the original Hub Writer. Is this Copycat system a good thing? Is it ethical to rip off other Hub writers hard work. Is the stalking of a well-known Hubber something we ought to tolerate? One particular hub on Tattoos, was striking for it's puerile writing quality and lack of originality. There ought to be a LAW against it. So is stalking ethical?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well obviously it's wrong for anyone to plagarize another person's work. let alone stalk them. therefore, i hope you did the right thing by reporting this alleged person, as things like copying other people's hard work shouldn't be tolerated.

Anyways, on a different note, hey cheeky, hows it going? long time no see.

2. travel_man1971 profile image62
      travel_man1971posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it's jut a hubber with multiple account. Stalking is farthest from my mind these days. But I wrote a hub flagging another hubber who didn't even write hub but randomly wrote unnecessary comments on my hubs; the same with other hubbers, too. There are hubber who didn't have any avatar at all (that became suspicious to me) Try Hub-Hopping and you'll read some of it.
      Thanks for this reminder Cheeky.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

No it's not ethical. Is it borderline legal? Well yes... in a way.

If they change the information enough then technically they couldn't be called copiers.

But I know that a lot of well known money making hubbers have started using unknown accounts to stop all the copying that goes on.... people like to copy anything they think can make money because they're too lazy to write their own.

3. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

seems to me it is "stealing" of fellow friends and colleagues which is a "no no"

4. Denise Handlon profile image83
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Heck no--isn't this plagairism?  Why isn't this person flagged?

5. Joe Badtoe profile image61
    Joe Badtoeposted 13 years ago

Ethical it ain't

Report the thieving asshole

and if your 100% sure this hubber is ripping off other people's stuff then name that hubber.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree name that lousy son of a bitch!

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree as long as it isn't me !

6. profile image58
    clarificationposted 13 years ago

To all those concerned, I have especially opened an anonymous account to avoid being stalked myself. But I need to get my voice heard once atleast and to state facts before more people suffer on this site:

What you hear is one hubbers side of the story. What many of you don't know is that this Several Ninjas is being stalked himself by Tattoguy - formerly Badco, who has several accounts on this site with which he harasses and stalks other hubbers. Many of these accounts have been banned and some  forced to close down by Hp staff because the hubs he wrote were direct attacks against others or were clearly against the rules:-
    (just so you know these are all him - many of the hubs have been deleted)

http://hubpages.com/profile/DarkDisOrder
    http://hubpages.com/profile/MrDSpade2
    http://hubpages.com/profile/Simon_Towel
    http://hubpages.com/profile/StupidQuestions
    http://hubpages.com/profile/TheQuestion
    http://hubpages.com/profile/Adult+Content

It was because of his incessant nasty comments on the forums against others that he was among the very few people ever to be permanently banned from HP. Moreover, he is responsible for harassing well known hubbers like Wordscribe, Tantrum, Darkside, Myownworld, Susanlang, Kimberly - couple of whom have even been forced away from this site because of his repeated stalking.

So, before you start attacking one hubber, see the complete picture for what it is. And if you don't believe me, try contacting the hubbers mentioned above and verify the facts I have stated. Trust me, Badco takes stalking to another whole level altogether and every person, esp. women on this site should beware of him.

1. seanorjohn profile image71
      seanorjohnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The strange thing is, cheeky girl is following simon-towel on this list. What is going on?

2. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Im not sure all those accounts are the same person, I was under the impression there were two people there. (I could be wrong and it probably makes no difference.) The point is, stalking is one thing, and your right..its a whole new level...and "copied" content is another. And Im like, 99 percent sure that as far as the tatoos goes, no content was copied.

3. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't doubt certain aspects of what you said, but I would suggest that two of those accounts do not belong to the hubber formally known as Badco.

DarkDisOrder and MrDSpade2 look to be accounts belonging to the same person, but not BadCo. When he was allowed on the forums I was pretty good as sniffing out his Sock Puppets, he would be able to confirm that himself.

They don't strike me as being his style. So whoever said that those are two different people appear to be correct.

1. profile image0

smile I thought so too. Also..question guy I could have sworn was Pheonix...

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm out of the loop, dare say. All of this is completely above my head. Guess I don't visit the interesting forums.

1. profile image0

or you actually have a life?  smile I based my guess on hubs tho, not forums.

2. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was actually a little before your time, well the notable forum activity involving the said individual at least smile

(DoorMattnomore was here way back with a different account before leaving for a bit).

1. profile image0

ahhh, that explains it. I have been here longer then I remembered, and STILL dont have a life!! lol wow, if I still had my first account, I would be over a year... maybe even close to 2? HEY, Ryan, I see your over 2 now!!! sheesh..I need to get off the computer...those were soem crazy days tho huh? wild ship imiagination.....

2. profile image0

Deleted

1. profile image0

wink  everybody has thier story. Tattoo guy is like, one of.. eight Arts that I know of offhand. Hes a real human, with feelings and reasons, but he gets quite carried away from time to time. (Oh wait..NINE I just remebered cabin girl..anyway...) There has been a long line of craziness, not just him, lots of sad lonely people make up huge worlds of wierdness. Its sad, because I wish he was happier and healthier, less alone...but I do hate how he tears others apart when they dont go along with it all.

The thing is, you never really know the whole story. I feel like sometimes people see avitars and type and forget that its a real person who hurts and bleeds and cries and laughs on the other side. Complete with dreams, hopes, and flaws. Every single one of us, even the sock puppets. I wish all the crazy crap would stop. Stalking is hurting real people I care about deeply.

Im done now. sorry for my rant, it all just sucks is all.

7. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

It's amazing what happens in the forums, isn't it. No names, no scandal.

Stalking is a dangerous game, people, and it must be said...people with Glass Houses should not throw stones, because we all are Hub Writers, so all live in those glass houses, and this is in danger of becoming a new Blood Sport. If the Stalker does not desist, Hub Pages Management will be told, and let them decide who stays and who goes. I trust the wisdom of the management here in HP. Fact is, they are probably reading this already...they can end it all swiftly. Hub Pages is a great community for many of us here, and we enjoy all that it has to offer, provided some people don't take advantage of the rules and of other Hubbers.

I have one final message for the person who likes to stalk - please...GROW UP.

8. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Is it "ETHICAL" to STALK (steal another Hubber's work) another Hubber on Hub Pages?"

H-ll no it’s not ethical!

Flag the profile immediately.

Copy/paste your detailed explanation into the message box (if it will fit).

This person needs to be shut down immediately.

9. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

its not stealing if your the same person......

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

???????????

1. profile image0

http://hubpages.com/hub/disney-tattoos

could be a copied hub, could be that some people have more than one profile.

stalking, on the ohter hand, is very very wrong and hurtful.

2. profile image0

Good point!

3. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

maybe they're 'stalking' themselves under a different name?

10. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 13 years ago

That is possible as people hold many accounts and may just be writing their piece, and look like they are staking someone!

11. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Stalking is a definite no-no I agree.

As far as copying text is concerned I agree its wrong.

However, to get ideas on hub layout from the best is all in the learning process.

1. adrienne2 profile image65
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stalking is horrible, and should be reported.  Copying another hubber's text is a big no-no.   

I agree with Dale that getting ideas from the elite hubbers to improve as a hubber is part of the learning process.   If we dont learn we dont grow.

But stealing is a total NO-NO

12. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

I do agree that stealing and stalking are definitly  un Ethical

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)