Making people love themselves

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Cleanclover profile image42
    Cleancloverposted 13 years ago

How can i make someone love themselves? What do i need to do to make this happen?

1. PassionJunkie profile image63
      PassionJunkieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Truth and love for thyself must be discovered in the depth of your own being.Its a process and there is no one way to do it !

2. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

you cant, you only can control yourself and what you do. You cant MAKE another perosn do anything.

1. Cleanclover profile image42
      Cleancloverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can i motivate or lead them to love themselves then?

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can point out thier good qualites and why you care about them. Everybody likes a little reasuring at times.  But ultimately, its up to each individual to decide to be comfortable in their own skin.

3. CMCastro profile image72
    CMCastroposted 13 years ago

Pointing out a person's good points is not the only thing to do. Giving them extra attention does not replace their self esteem that they have lost. I think that teaching them that There is a Higher Power through Jesus Christ, God's Son, that gave up Himself on the Cross in order for us to Have Eternal Life is the only way. Read the Gospel of John chapter 3, verse 16 in the New Testament in the Bible.

"For God so loved the world that He gave us His only Son, for so whoever believe in Him will not perish but will have Eternal Life."

1. xobliam profile image60
      xobliamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I always have a problem when people mention eternity and religion in the same conversation.

It seems most people think eternity starts after death. If there is such a thing as eternal life then we are in it now.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3935702_f248.jpg

The ouroboros in her hand is a symbol of resurrection and of eternal being. Two circles forming an eight is another.

I don't totally disagree with your message and am almost a firm believe in John and of his visions while on Patmos....I however am also a firm believer that this is Tartarus or the Underworld and we struggle to love others because we are by nature miserable souls not fit for the higher realms of goodness that are levels of the eternal journey.

My answer to the OP would then be to direct them to their passion and to encourage them in that passion without being condescending.

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Your actions always speak louder than your words. Hence, the reason for no need of the religion forums.

Love is action. They won't ever love themselves until they are ready to do so. If you love yourself, people will draw to you naturally, and often won't even know why.

Love is action. Self action first.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey mornin' DC!...just dropped by to say hi!

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey gurly girl. Love the ever changing avatar.
        smile

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
          couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean SomewayOuttahere is a girl?  Well I'll be darned.

1. xobliam profile image60
            xobliamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

an alternate poet thinks you are clever and smart, and that you're not to bad looking....and a good cook to boot.......

and i was just kidding yesterday about the lard being a guyrl.....now you are telling me somewayouttahere is possible a lard...

Little wonder people are touchy feely around here. Everything is so complicated.

5. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

I would definately avoid the jesus route of the love myself brigade.

You cannot make someone love themselves, you can however give them love, encouragement, support and self confidence so that they have what they need for them to love themself.

I have been taught how to do this by my amazing Chinese partner - if it is a woman then tell her that she is beautiful, clever, smart, her cooking is fantastic and the way she treats you is great - and never ever criticise or stop insisting that all those things are true.  If it is not true do them anyway until you believe them yourself and they become so.

6. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 13 years ago

I've been doing a lot of research on this subject and I can make it very simple for anyone to begin loving themselves and even get them to be ADDICTED to loving themselves.

Step 1:

Imagine what it would be like if you loved yourself. What would you look like? How would you stand? How would your face appear? How would you get out of bed in the morning?

Try to find out as much as you can about this self loving you. This helps build this image in your mind. See, our personalities are nothing but mental images we project through a body.

Step 2:

Walk up to the self and give it a big hug! Imagine melting into that self. Feel what that self feels, think what that self thinks. Intensify the feelings. Where are they strongest? Intensify the volume of your thoughts of self-appreciation.

Do this repeatedly, changing things here or there, imagine yourself being loving to yourself in various situations.

The problem with self-esteem is we think too much about the lack of self esteem and we have no real idea what it woudl be like to feel good about our selves. After doing this exercise, we can begin to go out and gather the reference experiences that will enhance our self esteem even more.

7. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Too many people are really great at loving themselves, and thinking far too highly of themselves; and too few really know what it means to love someone else in a healthy way. The world would be a better place if a few people loved themselves a little less.   lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)