Week 5 Predict any Upsets?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Can Chris Johnson get back on track Sunday against the Cowboys?

Tampa Bay Over Cincinnati QB Freeman is hot, while Palmer is not and he continues his 2010 struggles.

If the Chiefs offense is able to run wild over the Colts and keep Manning on the sidelines, their defense and special teams may be able to do just enough to pull off the upset and leave them the NFL's lone undefeated team.

And then of course there is the Jets playing the Vikings...If Favre and Moss can make a couple big plays in the passing game, opens up running lanes for Peterson,Minnesota might have a chance to take down the Jets at the Meadowlands. And we still dont know if Revis will play as Ryan is leaving it up to him to decide whether he will play‎!

Doubtful   . .but hey  . .. its the NFL and anything can happen!

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this

KC was looking like a good call for a while. They're going to be good in a few years also.

2. LakeShow T profile image75
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Call me a Vikings fan but I'm hoping the Redskins beat the Packers. Actually, I'll take it one step further and call it. Redskins over Packers. 23-21

Not an upset but I will take the Bengals over the Bucs.

I think the Colts will destroy the Kansas City Chiefs, so that there will no longer be any undefeated teams. 31-10

Panthers over Bears (without Cutler)

Lions over Rams for their 3rd win in the last 3 years I believe it would be.

Game of the Week
    Vikings over Jets. I don't think the Jets will be running wild against the Minny defense like they did last week against Buffalo. Nobody has been able to run on the Williams wall over the past half decade. Sanchez will be the key for the Jets. Whether he can get the ball down field on Minny's mediocre pass defense will largely determine their success. First Revis, now Cromartie have trash-talked Randy Moss. That will prove to be a mistake. Moss is not an opposing player who you want to motivate. Why would a team want to make things more difficult on themselves?

3. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Too bad Stafford isnt playing, it would have been the first overall pick in 2010 would have met the first overall pick in 2009. My money is on the Rams, Spags just has them going and I think they just might win the NFC West .. hehe .. will be fun to watch that!

As for the Jets, well you know the last time the Jets won a Superbowl it was all about the "Guarantee"   . . now was that considered trash talk. .??

All in all alot of good matchups this weekend . ..

4. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

I had the Rams, Titans, Bucs, Giants, and Cards. Technically, I also picked the Jags, but that wasn't much of an upset. I'm taking the Vikings Monday.

wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eye how can u take the Vikings????

No plse say u were kiddding!!!

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I took 'em for the points and it was looking like a lock until Favre did his thing.

5. LakeShow T profile image75
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Redskins over Packers panned out! What I could not have predicted ,however, was the Cards taking down the Saints and, to a lesser extent, the Raiders taking down the Chargers. All of that is even more indicative of the parity in the NFL.

Go Vikes on Monday! We need to get revenge on the city of New York for embarrassing our Twins out of the playoffs again sad

wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no revenge to be had. .

just for the record . .the Jets are now. . .4 - 1

Revenge my A....

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3932551_f248.jpg

And . .. . not only are the Jets the team to beat . . gotta send some love out to dem . .

YANKEES!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)