Sorry to brag but...

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 15 years ago

It's 75 degrees in San Diego this evening, in early February mind you.  And that, friends, is just awesome smile

1. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

all the more conducive for hubbing? well then, good for you! btw, this is not bragging (ie ur msg) - happiness should always be spread around, it's contagious! cool

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That does it you can have your 75 degree temperature but can you brag about being able to jump arund in 3-4 foot high snowdrift? Or can you brag about being able to build a whole suburb full of snowpeople right in your front yard? Haaaa I didn't think so.... Well I see your brag and raise you a quarter. But be warned we here in south western Ontario Canada have a mitten full of full houses. Now there is something to brag about....BOOOOOHOOOOHOOO sent some heat and sunshine pleeeeeeease

Benjimesterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ah, Well met!  smile

2. Benjimester profile image87

Haha, definitely.  Just sharing the love then smile

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

I agree- it's not bragging if you didn't do it.
    But I do feel a little sorry for the Brits in the snow without snowplows.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And the Canadians in the snow with snowplows and shovels?

Congrats, Benjimester!  Please send some of that warm air to Ontario, will ya?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well-- at last you expect and are used to it.

I'm from S. California originally-- but moved to the mountains where we even get a little snow and hard freezes. Tonight ( I just took the dog out to tinkle) it's 40F. warmer than it has been ( at this hour) for a few weeks.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I know I'm just waiting for spring to get here smile

5. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Don't feel sorry, we had 6 inches of snow in central London yesterday and it was fantastic fun!

6. kbdunn profile image60
    kbdunnposted 15 years ago

Aww I am jealous. Over at Seattle the weather has been sub 40 for months. Can't wait till the summer.

Yeah man, Seattle.  Cloudy and rainy.  Hey, at least you guys have trees.  We're nothing but hills and shrubs.

7. profile image0
    Rainbow Briteposted 15 years ago

Signing on from Minnesota here....we spent the last two days thawing out and getting a taste of spring-ish weather (I went two whole days sans gloves!!!) only to refreeze yesterday....what a shame, really a huge disappointment....and somehow it feels colder now than it was before, although idk if it is or not....

8. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 15 years ago

I was just about to say that! Anyway Yeah MN sux right now. Way to make us Ice Box Buddies jealous of you! Enjoy the weather for us! I am a warming house rink attendent and the last few days when it was warm nobody came to skate since the ice was crap! So I sat there by my self in a stupid Warming House.

9. Benjimester profile image87

Good old Minnesota.  The icebox of the world.  I actually was thinking about flying out to Duluth at the end of February.  Sounds crazy, but I could use some time in the snow smile

10. kimback08 profile image60
    kimback08posted 15 years ago

I am in Kentucky.  The high temp. for today is 20, which isn't too bad considering that the Northern states are facing far worse temperatures.  However, our state was just hit by and ice storm, and nearly 300,000 people are still without power.  To make matters worse, we just got a snow storm last night on top of everything else.  YIKES!

Hope you've got a wood burning stove smile  300,000 is quite a handful.  I don't know what else to say except... maybe you should consider moving to California smile

11. ilovehubbing profile image60
    ilovehubbingposted 15 years ago

I am in San Francisco and we have also had great weather smile

Right on, another Cali friend.  *Internet high five*

12. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

I'm in Kentucky also and it's a balmy 13 degrees and snowing!
    On Sunday it was nearly 60 and people were in shorts.
    Oh so much for  Global warming!
    hmm

13. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 15 years ago

OKAY! man I am extremely jealous of you guys with 40+ degree weather! Hey Benjmester,
    Why are you coming to Duluth? You're crazy! Anyway I guess if you love the snow then hav eat it! But dont come crying on a topic about you almost turning into a popsicle! Im not going to lend a hand to that. sorry. your choice.
    Are you going skiing? thats like one of the only fun things to do in MN in the winter! smile

Haha, yeah I know Duluth is ridiculous this time of year.  My aunt and uncle live just outside of town in a little log cabin.  I usually go there once a year and help split firewood for winter.  I was thinking about going back this month just because I have a lot of different projects going on right now and I need a place of peace and quiet for awhile.  MN is perfect.  With it being below zero outside, I'll set up shop next to the fireplace and work away smile  At least, that's the plan.  But it's looking like I probably won't get to come sad

1. sassychic profile image60
        sassychicposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why aren't you coming? Conflict with social or work life?
        I have a cabin in Northern Wisconsin over the boarder about forty five minutes from Duluth! Its awesome up there in the summer! I love being out in the sun all day and running around in sweat pants after 6 oclock when the is desending! It's awesome out there.

Hey Benjmester have you ever been to a little bakery called Toby's? Its in Hinckely MN. Its the cutest and yummiest bakery in MN you'll ever find!

Totally!!  My Uncle's sister lives in Hinckley!  I've actually had a couple of business meetings there.  It's a great place.  My Aunt and Uncle live just up the 35 and over on the 210, in a town called Cromwell. 

Yeah, I'm having a conflict with work.  They might not be able to cover all the time I would need to have off.  So I'm assuming I'll have to put the trip off sad  But when I do come, let's go to Toby's!!!

1. sassychic profile image60
            sassychicposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely! I love Toby's! that place is awesome. Im not one that loves doughnuts but OMG teh Maple Long John is one of my favorites! Take a bit for me when you do go!

14. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

Benjimester, you're just ASKING for more pictures of my Caribbean cruise.

Yes I am smile

15. goldentoad profile image60
    goldentoadposted 15 years ago

no fun in the sun this weekend. its really pouring out, I think this hub jinxed everything. thanks Benji.

Haha, my bad.

1. goldentoad profile image60
        goldentoadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Now I'm stuck inside all day on hubpages instead of at the park!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)