The Lost Bay - Phoenix will fly again

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)
  1. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

This morning I received an email from ebay.

"Dear SunSeven,

Thank you for your participation in the eBay Partner Network.

After a thorough review of your account, our team has determined that your account has been generating low quality traffic as gauged by our internal measures.  We wanted to bring to your attention that our team has decided to terminate your account on July 30, 2010.   We ask that you please remove your affiliate links and update your payment information within 3 days.  You will not be compensated for any traffic associated with your account after that date. If your payment and tax information have been entered and your account has generated more than twenty-five units of your payment currency, your pending earnings will be paid by the next payment cycle . You are not permitted to rejoin the eBay Partner Network.

As stated in the ePN Network Agreement Section (L)(3)(i):

(3) Termination by ePN or an Advertiser
    i.      ePN may terminate this Agreement and your account, one of your websites, your use of a Promotional Method or your participation in a certain Program at any time for convenience in its sole discretion upon 3 days notice. An Advertiser may terminate your participation in its Program or your use of a Promotional Method at any time for convenience in its sole discretion upon 3 days notice.

Again, we thank you for your efforts and wish you the best of luck. At this time, we are not reconsidering our decision.

Regards,

The eBay Partner Network Quality Team

eBay Partner Network sent this administrative communication to you because you are registered on the eBay Partner Network. If you have any questions, please visit the eBay Advertiser Terms and Conditions, Network Agreement, ePN Code of Conduct, and ePN Privacy Policy."

The low quality traffic was earning me 500-1000 USD per month for the last 4 months, with an average EPC of 0.22.

It is well above their minimum requirement. I guess they got greedier.

Well, I am a fool for sending them around 5000 visitors that converted.

Its their loss.

Please forgive me for this rant.

Best Regards

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

Wow, SunSeven yikes that's a real low blow from them. Sorry to hear that and hope that's just a .... scam email. sad hugs!

3. SunSeven profile image63

Thanks a lot DS. I am sad and disappointed, but it has jolted me to the reality. I will be stronger from now onwards. Thank you so much.

Best Regards

1. snagerries profile image69
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats really sad.. Move on and good luck smile

4. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

This is just terrible. 

But really -- is there any possibility that it might be a scam?  I mean, think about it.  If someone could get you to cancel your account by removing your affiliate links and could convince you that there was no point in ever trying to open one again, that would open up a slot for some other person to have an eBay account (maybe?).

If you haven't done anything about this yet, I would ask the HP team if they think it's legit and see if they have any suggestions about what to do about it.

5. SunSeven profile image63

Thank you so much. Any which way, now I am trying to have a back up plan. I hope I will be successful there, without any affiliates. You will be in the know, when I begin. smile

6. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

SunSeven,

I am really sorry to see this happen. Hope your back plan works well, and you are successful in future online endeavors.

On another level, this could happen to anyone. Just shows that 'earning money online' has its pitfalls too - serious ones.

1. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sidd. After doing a little bit of digging, I learned that a lot of people were thrown out of their program in similar fashion. The general feeling is that they got greedier. I hope(this incident) it will spur me on to better goals. smile

BTW do you still write sales letters?

1. SiddSingh profile image60
        SiddSinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sales letters? Well, I am sort of developing one project for a single client, and will continue doing that for some time.

You can PM me with any details, and we will see whether I can help you with that.

7. SunSeven profile image63

Thanks bro

8. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

That sucks! Ever since I joined HP I've been fiddling with the idea of signing up for and using ebay (I have my own sites). However I keep putting it off because every time I turn around Ebay seems to change their payment method or ToS.

So I guess I'm glad I haven't signed up. I'll keep going with amazon!

9. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 13 years ago

Sun7 - I have great respect for you and have benefited from your advice on HubPages.  I am really shocked at your news.  I only earn around $10 from Ebay in a good month at an EPC of 0.08 so I'm surprised I'm still with them.

Its a good reminder to us all not to take our online income for granted.  My growing earnings fell by over 50% recently when Google tightened up on TOS and one of my referrals deleted over 500 Hubs.  Anyway, here's wishing you new sources of online revenue.  You're the sort of writer and valued HubPages community member that deserves success!

10. sukritha profile image64
    sukrithaposted 13 years ago

As you wrote "Phoenix will definitely fly again" ... No doubt about that..

With Love and Regards

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Wow SunSeven. Thank sucks. Royally sucks I would say. I really feel for you - and waiting for my turn. I don't have anything close to 0.22...

12. SunSeven profile image63

Thanks a lot friends. I will be giving you spam (the original) soon smile

13. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Got the same email just this morning....and all I can say is F*&k off Ebay Partner network!

14. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Well, you could see it happening...  When I first started here, they were just about sharfting new applications by changing the criteria - I got turned down because they had started doing this for HP applications at that time. 

I guess this is another way of reducing costs - you writers have served your purpose now bumble off!  That is the nature of the business that they are in.  Why do this?  Because they can and they have placed a get out clause in all their contracts. 

It isnt a nice business - this world domination thing, is it?

1. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, it certainly isn't!....but I look at it like this.... soon I'll be dominating with my own products and I won't need a second rate source of income such as the Ebay Partner Network.

Anyone who wants to join Ebay as an affiliate should think twice is what I will say!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)