What you really mean

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image49
    detectiveposted 13 years ago

Okay,

Here is a fun game that you guys might enjoy. I will post something and the next poster will say what I really mean and then post something on their own.

For example,

"I really really like Avocados"

and the next poster has to be creative and come up with something that I really wanted to say there. So, they can go like...

You hate avocados so much that you feel like puking whenever you see them.

and then they will post their own sentence in ""

So here is my first sentence. Get rolling guys. I hope you understand the game.

"Internet has really changed the world for us"

2. Joni Douglas profile image82
    Joni Douglasposted 13 years ago

What you really mean is that you don't have to research at the library anymore.

I love driving fast.

3. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

By "I love driving fast" you mean you don't like to sweat the small details.

Here's mine:  "I'm thinking of cleaning the toilet today" smile

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. Joni Douglas profile image82

By that, you mean you are avoiding me.

How about... Let's go to the beach!

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you really mean is that you don't want to clean the bathroom.

My cat likes chocolate ice cream.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What You Really Mean is that your feline friend prefers vanilla, yet you do not provide it.

The world would be a much nicer place if everyone smiled more.

5. profile image49
    detectiveposted 13 years ago

You can't stand the grin on your neighbors face when he gets out of his porche and greets you.

My  clock stopped working today.

6. UniqueBeauty profile image61
    UniqueBeautyposted 13 years ago

What you really mean is that you hit the snooze button and missed a whole day at work because you wanted to avoid a confrontation with an old enemy who just turns out to be your new boss on her first day.

I love eating fried chicken after church on a rainy day.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I'll take you on...let's see, what you really mean is the wafer in church wasn't nearly enough and you live in Oregon.

I lost my car keys.

7. Joni Douglas profile image82

What you really mean is your car payment is really late and you are afraid to take the car out of the garage because you saw the repo man driving by.

I live fireworks but they are scaring my dogs.

8. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

What you really mean is you're a card-carrying commie who hides in closets with your dogs. smile

I am feeling free these days.

9. Joni Douglas profile image82

What you really mean is that you were just released from prison.

Can't wait to go camping next week.

10. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

What you really mean is you absolutely can not stand camping with bugs and critters

"I have been in a fantastic mood for the last few days"

11. lorlie6 profile image73

What you really mean is that you're having a secret rendezvous with someone in the woods-probably bigfoot! smile

I have a horrible earache.

12. profile image0

What you really mean is you are tired of hearing fireworks go off

i got a headache

13. lorlie6 profile image73

What you really mean is you don't like me and I make your head hurt.  I knew it, I just knew it, pinkylee. sad

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.

1. jennshealthstore profile image81
      jennshealthstoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you really mean is, you dread the fact that Christmas is coming because you will have to spend your hard earned money on Christmas gifts.

I am going to get some ice cream.

2. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lmao you know that aint true

14. lorlie6 profile image73

What you really mean is you can't wait to get out of the house where no one can see you eat all the ice cream you like.

I have to let the dogs outside.

15. profile image0

what you really mean is your bathroom is broke so you have to let yourself outside

i want to go to the mountains

16. Joni Douglas profile image82

What you really mean is that you have to leave town in a hurry and go hide in the mountains.

I need to get some sleep.

17. Studio E profile image57
    Studio Eposted 13 years ago

What you really mean is that you are a groupie and you want to get laid by a band member. hahahahaha

Halle Berry smile

18. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

what you really mean is Halle Berry is so hot I can't form complete sentences when I think of her.

I have insomnia.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you really mean is every time you have something REALLY important that requires your attention, you choose not to remember.

Cannot wait to go to work tomorrow.

1. profile image49
        detectiveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you cannot wait to talk to that hot secretary again who spoke to you yesterday at near the coffee machine.

I need to get myself organized.

2. Diane Inside profile image73
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Insomnia = inability to sleep
        amnesia = inability to remember smile

19. Studio E profile image57

What you really mean is your key stone cop buddies misplaced all your sherlock holmes magazines mr detective. hahahahaha

Time for a donut.

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

what you really mean is you can't stick to any diet, and especially this latest colon cleanser diet whre you have to drink vile tasting juice and crap 10 times a day

I love hoola hoops!

1. Diane Inside profile image73
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you really mean is I love to girate my hips around and flirt with the guys.

It's really nice outside.

20. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

what you mean is you would like it if I would just go for a walk or something and get out of here

my mother never loved me

21. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

what you're saying is you still wish I would go outside somewhere far far away

Leonard Cohen is so sexy but he's old

22. Studio E profile image57

What you really mean is you're a spoiled brat. hahahaha

Bill Gates

23. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

what you really mean is you're outta money and can't think of anything but rich guys

Brenda Lee did have some good tunes!

1. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Opps missed one, what you really mean is that you'd love for this conversation to step it up and rock and roll a bit...

24. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

What you really mean is you wish you were earning some real cash like Bill Gates instead of Hubbing for nothing... smile

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ORSBWlbzPPnTRM:http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/blog/billgates.jpg

I'm headed off with my boat to do some fishing

25. Studio E profile image57

no im steve jobs, really. hahaha

Trump

26. Joni Douglas profile image82

What you really mean is that you're no Trump either.

Looking forward to the weekend.

27. kevinex profile image56
    kevinexposted 13 years ago

what you really mean is that it's been 3 months since that weekend and you wish you had that back

I want to revive this thread

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)