where is the best place to pick up a real lady?

Jump to Last Post 51-57 of 57 discussions (139 posts)
  1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...so what does that look like anyway...pop music in the west...or i should say....its purpose?...curious...

1. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Next one is thursday afternoon, jump a plane and pop over for the day, extra bonus is that this one of the top scenic spots on earth  big_smile

I am thinking I should do a hub on it in the form I do it - maybe other second language english teachers would be able to use it big_smile

SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...believe me, I'd love to just hop on plane....and see China...and of course say 'hi!'

...i've done that 2x in my lfie ...just hopped on plane and went...it was great...i love that feeling....last minute planning is the best....lol

yea...do a hub...i'm curious about the culture and all that...and how the west is viewed...

It is generally viewed as rich, immoral, aggressive and on the way out.

We are welcomed like honoured guests wherever tourists have not tarnished that illusion beyond recovery, in those places we are tolerated as the fat, greedy and self obsessed people we are with our demanding and tantrums and whining.  Not everyone of course but normal people seem to be outnumbered pretty much.

In China itself we are seen as 'interesting' and everyone wants to talk to us and are invariably lovely, polite and inquisitive.  Some are not sure that we are the same animal, several kids at different times that I have spoken to have asked their parent "is it a human being?" seriously !!  In villages people ask my handlers about me rather than speaking directly to me - in these cases it soon feels like being a dancing bear, or maybe a super celebrity that people talk about and not to.  That can be quite a lonely experience.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..that's interesting; not really influenced by the western culture or should say inundated with it..i guess it would take a while to be accepted so that you could really experience the culture....been there with First Nation culture in Canada...not to the same extreme....but acceptance and trust are so important before you are able to really experience 'the life'...

so...guess i'd need more than a day...you'd need to be part of the 'smaller' community for more than a year at a minimum?...

From my experience  -  I came here fresh from Uni at age 50 with a bit of a handle on Critical Thinking that helped me step back and view things with a more open mind than might normally be the case, is the way I see it.  I was also very  much into recording what I saw and reflecting on it a while with the assumption that they are right and my preconception is wrong.  Not altogether successfully but it was a start.

I think it took over one year just to assimilate the hugely different everything and accrue enough experiences to start thinking about it rationally.  I would say around 3 years in I felt I had enough to be able to 'see' more clearly, and that continues 5 years later.  I also have the huge advantage of a Chinese partner, (wife to be) who I can discuss with and who points out the more glaring errors。

...wow....you've been in China a while...and yes your wife would have kept you 'in line' with the culture and taught (directed) you so much...and continues to i'm sure....

do you ever want to leave and go back to England (? I think that's where you are from)...sometimes the 'family roots' call us back.......ooohhhh excuse me...i'm getting rather personal...don't mind me smile

No harm in asking - I can always say no or lie big_smile

The thought of going 'back' is depressing, my intention is never to go back to live as such, extended visits etc of course.  I have two kids in their 30's and should spend more time back there with them but . . .   

I have no dilike of the UK - I just find it boring and sterile.  Having worked all over the world I have come to depend on the constant stimulation of new things and new ideas.

My intention is to get married and have one more child - here.

lol....don't ask me any questions and i'll tell you no lies....

...i like your take on life...the stimulation of new things and new ideas...and it's even better with a spouse.

and the kids, well they can 'hop on a plane' right? and come and visit the 2 of you...as long as you don't have to pay for it.

...sounds like you've found your place...good for you...and just go with the rest...get married and have that child...and be happy and live...we only get to do it once....i sort of envy you in my way...

...well good night for now AP...it's been a slice...thanks for letting me 'take a peak' at your life in China!...Peace!  SOH in Canada

night night - be good !!

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Probably NOT the best place to pick up a "real" lady big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaMS_5i0Bbs

L-o--L-a....lola...lo-lo-lo--lo-la...lola....good one! I love it smile

4. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

most of us are already taken, but keep looking, there are a few around ha ha

5. bayoulady profile image69
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

THE hospital ICU waiting room, when emotional guards are a little let down. You can have the deepest conversations with complete strangers.Can comfort her with caring words.

6. catwoman89 profile image60
    catwoman89posted 13 years ago

Maybe the phrase "pick up" and the phrase "real lady" don't really go together. Maybe truly decent people, solid partners I mean, are not the kind of people you "pick up."

1. catwoman89 profile image60
      catwoman89posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I mean, I have been with my husband for 15 years now, and we have a very successful relationship. I hate to say this to all you single peops out there because I remember how lonely and frustrating it was to be single, and trust me, I was single for a long time, but my husband and I truly started our relationship with a solid friendship and mutual respect.

1. catwoman89 profile image60
        catwoman89posted 13 years agoin reply to this

there was no "picking up" involved.

7. profile image49
    Michael Mordinsonposted 13 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3929530_f248.jpg

you surely need to look for a good woman if you don't have her in your life yet. She is a like a treasure which you had, but lost! When you loose something valuable, you don't sit and wait until somebody brings it to you! right? you need to use all the ways! I work for Mordinson Matchmaker Agency and have assisted in creating a lot of very beautiful and wonderful couples, and that's the greatest thing I've ever seen- how two hearts join together!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)