Has anyone else's Adsense Earnings gone down drastically today?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Winterfate profile image95
    Winterfateposted 13 years ago

I have about the same amount of traffic as I usually get at HubPages, but I've barely earned anything. Got 2 clicks worth 12 cents between the both of them and that's about it. hmm

Is there something else going on behind the scenes? Have any of you also been impacted in this manner? Thanks in advance! smile

(With that said, this month is going to be more profitable than last month, but I get all OCD-ish when I see stuff like this happen. tongue)

1. profile image0
      Whikatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish I could help with a good answer, but my adsense account is like a roller coaster. I have also unpublished a few hubs recently, so I am pretty sure that has something to do with mine. Have you made any recent changes to your hubs lately? Could your traffic be coming from a different source than usual?

2. gracenotes profile image89
      gracenotesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every day, a little drama with Adsense!  Now doesn't this make life a little more interesting and fun?  smile

Can't say much about today (or what's left of it).  When I check my Adsense account at about 8:00 AM each morning, I don't go back again till the next morning.  That, of course, leaves 16 more hours of time in which someone could have clicked on my ads.

It's just a rule I made for myself, so I won't obsess.

My advice is to treat your earnings like oil and gas royalty checks that come in the mail.  Because there is a general pattern and a level that they find, but there are also baffling inconsistencies during some months.  During cold winter months when you thought they'd sell more natural gas to the markets, they didn't, and why the heck was that?  Such is the way of the commodity, and since we are far removed from the point of sale, too much will be hidden and unknowable.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Today's clicks are down by a factor of 13, while earnings are down by a factor of 7.  Normal variations for me! lol

3. Winterfate profile image95

@Whikat: Well, I had a traffic spike a few days ago, but that has since gone down back to my normal rate (600-700ish views every 24 hours). I haven't really made any changes to my hubs. I did publish a new one yesterday, but I don't see how that could affect my revenue so much.

And yes, my Adsense account's a rollercoaster too, so you did help me out. We appear to be on the same boat. wink

(Yesterday I got nearly 1 dollar, case in point.)

@wilderness: Oh, you went down today as well? Hmm, perhaps it's just a trend in the advertising.

I sure hope it picks up soon though, for all our benefits. big_smile

4. Winterfate profile image95

@gracenotes: Thanks for the tip. I can't help it though. It's as if my Adsense account is telling me to check it out. big_smile

I'm sure the earnings will pick up soon though. smile

5. SteveoMc profile image72
    SteveoMcposted 13 years ago

Winterfate: 600 or 700 views a day?   Are you serious?  One dollar?  You a kidding right?   That is an eCPM of about 1%.   Are you sure?  That is about the lowest rate I ever heard of.   

wilderness:  You have 13 clicks or so a day?  That does not sound right either.  That's a hell of a lot compared to me, I get only 4 or 5 clicks a day.  With 200-300 views.   By factor do you mean by 13 points, or divided by 13? 

Some of the stuff you guys say is very confusing.

1. SteveoMc profile image72
      SteveoMcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I take it back, I guess that could be somewhat typical.  Sorry.

6. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

I tend not to judge earnings at the daily level as they naturally reflect a lot of variation.  I compare month to month, and so far, this month is up.

7. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

Things are normal here...best month yet. I used to have "off days" every once in a while until the number of my reliable earning hubs increased.

8. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

I tend to check mine every day or so, but don't really make a huge deal if one day is less than another.  It evens out.  As for this month, I am having a great month!!!  Best month ever, in fact.

9. vanchen profile image68
    vanchenposted 13 years ago

Mine are down significantly today too.  Usually evens out somewhere down the road though anyways...

10. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

Well, here it is the next morning.

Only 1 click yesterday, but it was the highest paying click I ever got on Adsense.  October is definitely looking better than September.

11. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

My views are noticably low.

Oh wait that is every day.

12. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I checked it just now, yesterday -- it is the same for me, 38 clicks but low adsense 9.16

13. vanchen profile image68
    vanchenposted 13 years ago

Classic Adsense.

Lowest of the month yesterday, and highest of the month today.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)