We are Stardust! Forget this Jesus!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (81 posts)
  1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

The Big Bang created only hydrogen, helium, and small amounts of lithium.  All other elements were created in the cores of stars, and in supernovas when some stars exploded.  Our solar system was formed out of the remnants of supernovas.  We are formed out of our solar system.  We are stardust. The stars died so that we could be here today."

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

quark, you may be stardust. I am not.

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I know Woman:
        You are "special."
        You exist outside the realm of science.
        I understand you intoto.....:-)

Thank you, everyone is special. God is the reason science exist. How can I exist outside the realm of it?

1. qwark profile image60

..you cannot!  :-)

2. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@woc what qwark is saying is not to contradict any one's faith..what he is saying applies to every species and you or me or anyone can't be out of it...what he is saying is plain fact...like one falls due to gravity..one cannot debate on that woc...your statement is like you inhale oxygen but i dont...how is that possible?...

Hi pisean, I believe in the word of God. It is written in Genesis 2:7- The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. God's word never stated that we are stardust, therefore I have no reason to believe that. I agree we all inhale oxygen, if not I would not be alive. If I said to someone: We are planets, it wouldn't be true. I understand everyone does not believe in God, but I do, and he is the only who can define who I am. I don't mean any harm and I am not trying to start arguments, I simply speaking from my belief.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, I guess you don't define who you are? roll By your statement above, all you are is a puppet to be played with.

Good to know.

Casil, Why are you guessing? My post clearly stated GOD  defines who I am. I am allowing God to use me for his glory, and my heart is filled with joy. Thanks for the nice comment.

2. spookyfox profile image59
            spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"God's word never stated that we are stardust, therefore I have no reason to believe that."

Accprding to that reasoning, you can't believe the earth is round, because it's not stated in the bible.

spookyfox, Actually, I have every reason to believe the earth is round. Isaiah 40:22. It is stated in the bible. Thanks for your mockery. Have a nice day!

1. spookyfox profile image59

Ok, I've read Isaiah 40:22. Do you know the difference between a circle and a sphere?

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
                LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We do, but they did not....

Agreed.

3. couturepopcafe profile image59
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, guys.  Qwark is right.  We're all made of the same electrons and energy.  Stardust might be a bit simplistic but the fact remains.  This does not negate any living or perceived deity, religion, or faith.  But knowledge of what you are physically made up of should make you more concious of a divinity factor, not lessen it.  The mind is the frontier to finding out why we are here - not as in we are here because God decided one day to create a planet full of people so he could watch them fail then try to prove their love for him against all modernity.

Once humanity 'gets' that we are one huge mass of energy in objective form, we may indeed 'see' God in all the glorious light from which we came.

Digest that for a while.  I'll be back.

1. qwark profile image60

Couture:
          Pls define this "god" thing you speak of.
          I can't consider your comment until I know what "it" is you refer to.
          Thanks......:-)

2. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Couture, That's a good comment. I'd like to frame that and put it on my wall. Fully digested, it doesn't even upset my stomach. Unfortunately, those who would benefit most from your words are too busy patting themselves on the back for being so much smarter than those of us who have glimpsed apocalypse and know the truth.

2. Ruben Rivera profile image60
      Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So why don't you forget Jesus and let others believe what they want.  Very simple.

1. qwark profile image60

Ruben:
        Forget who? Neither you or I know this jesus guy...:-)

3. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A while back, my son when he was was about 6y came home from school (had a wee bit of religious ed) and said, "do you believe in God".  I said, "I used to, but I don't see how God has ever helped me".  He said matter-of-factly, "I don't believe in God.  I believe we are made from star-dust (he had been reading books about the solar system at that time).  My mother would have been horrified, but I am so proud of him being an independent thinker at such a young age

1. qwark profile image60

BAiley" Standing ovation to your son!

1. profile image0
          Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

he's a very bright boy - he's a thinker - has Asperger's like me - he's very matter of fact about it all.  Very mature

1. qwark profile image60

BAiley  and yer proud of him as you well should be!!!

2. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image35
            DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the truth IS supposed to set one free.....

4. vox vocis profile image81
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And who created the stars, the universe?

1. qwark profile image60

...that is such a trite question that I won't respond.

1. hanging out profile image60
          hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

always a stumper LOL

1. pisean282311 profile image62

well question has three different answers smile

5. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Qwark Why do you think that stating we are made of stardust precludes Jesus? The two are not mutually exclusive. What makes you think that all believers see the creation account as being literall? Why can't you accept that much of the church endorses the big bang, planetary ecretion, primordial soup and dinosaurs? Many in the church think young Earth creationists are talking complete nonsense.

1. qwark profile image60

Disappear:
        Jesus? Jesus who?
        If there was a jesus, he was nothing more than just another who came before us, made of the same stardust.
        I have never met a monotheist who accepted any of the subjects you mentioned, who hasn't ended by saying but "god" is responsible for it all...lol
        By the way, there is no scripture in any monotheistic tome that defines this "god thing" in any manner but opinion and conjecture.
        What the hell is "it?"  hmmm?

6. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. qwark profile image60

"Cosmologists (scientists who study the origin of the universe) believe the universe began as an infinitely dense, hot fireball. They call this single point that contained all the matter in the universe a singularity. Time began at the moment this fireball exploded, stretching space as it expanded rapidly. (Space into which the fireball exploded did not exist separately, but was a part of the fireball at the beginning.) The universe, at first no bigger than the size of a proton, expanded within a microsecond to the size of a basketball. Gravity came into being, and subatomic particles flooded the universe, slamming into one another, forming protons and neutrons (elementary particles that form atoms).

Three minutes after the big bang, the temperature of the universe had cooled to 500,000,000°F (277,777,760°C). Protons and neutrons began to combine to form the nuclei of the simple chemical elements hydrogen, helium, and lithium. Five hundred thousand years later, atoms formed."

This is why it's called a theory.
        No person alive today can answer your question as an absolute.

Actually, many (if not most) cosmologists today believe there was a time before the big bang. I didn't know this until I saw the dcumentary I mentioned earlier, What happened before the Big Bang from BBC Horizon.

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Maybe this preacher should live with the believers. Seems he is as adamant as all of them.

Just sayin'....

1. qwark profile image60

Dan:
      What preacher is that?
      All that I posted is based upon the theory of the "big bang" and what followed.

1. profile image58
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

qwart you posted ["All that I posted is based upon the theory of the "big bang" and what followed"]
        Your words BASED ON THEORY
        that does not sound like science to me, a lot of people come up with theory, that does not make it fact

1. qwark profile image60

Exorter: I Can't disagree with ya...:-)

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

We are stardust, we are golden,
    We are billion year old carbon,
    And we got to get ourselves back to the garden. -- Joni Mitchell

1. qwark profile image60

Hi Disturbia:
      What "garden?"

1. Disturbia profile image61
        Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I don't know qwark... but you just can't say the words "we are star dust" to anyone from my generation and not expect it to immediately conjure up memories of Woodstock.  The song was performed by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and played over the radio about a hundred times a day.  But I would guess the "garden" is whatever someone might want it to be.  I'm sure we all have our own personal garden.  You could always ask Joni Mitchell, she wrote the song. 

WOODSTOCK
        I came upon a child of god
        He was walking along the road
        And I asked him, where are you going
        And this he told me
        I’m going on down to yasgur’s farm
        I’m going to join in a rock ’n’ roll band
        I’m going to camp out on the land
        I’m going to try an’ get my soul free

We are stardust
        We are golden
        And we’ve got to get ourselves
        Back to the garden

Then can I walk beside you
        I have come here to lose the smog
        And I feel to be a cog in something turning
        Well maybe it is just the time of year
        Or maybe it’s the time of man
        I don’t know who l am
        But you know life is for learning

We are stardust
        We are golden
        Back to the garden

By the time we got to woodstock
        We were half a million strong
        And everywhere there was song and celebration
        And I dreamed I saw the bombers
        Riding shotgun in the sky
        And they were turning into butterflies
        Above our nation

We are stardust
        Billion year old carbon
        We are golden
        Caught in the devil’s bargain
        Back to the garden

1. qwark profile image60

Disturbia:
          I'll pass...lol    :-)

2. hanging out profile image60
          hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

garden of eden
          6,000yrs, how quickly we forget lol
          smile

3. profile image0
          AKA Winstonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it was performed at Woodstock by Crosby, Stills, and Nash.  Neil Young was not part of the original group that performed.

4. couturepopcafe profile image59
          couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Disturbia - I guess you had to be there.  I was.  I get it.  Loved being a damn hippie.  Born and raised in north Jersey, only a few hours drive from Yasgur's farm.  Bands being flown in because roads were jammed for 100 miles in all directions.  Who knew?  We thought we were going to change the world.  We changed it alright.  For the better?  Don't know.  Does anything ever really change?  Don't know.

Bottom line - the song is about the search for man's soul, getting back to the garden is a reference to getting back to innocence, clarity, love.  Being in touch with the essence of our humanity - whatever you believe that to be.

Drugs or not, CSN&Y had it going on in the lyrics department.

4. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Now worries, qwark. It's all good.
    It's probably just me in a snit.

5. spookyfox profile image59
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

"The Cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff"
    Carl Sagan smile

1. qwark profile image60

Amen Spooky!

6. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 13 years ago

Qwark. You're trying to explain the origins of the universe to primates. My suggestion is wrapping the truth in a delicious banana!

1. qwark profile image60

Hahaha...I love it.
      I was eating a banana when I created this question.
      We "simians" do love our fruits and veggies.
      Great reply Zeno!    :-)

7. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Dear quark.
    It's so sad that you can only fall back to a now defunct theory. It is not a universally accepted theory. And csertainly not fact.
    As for me, I'm happy to back, before this "Big Bang" event, and worship Him, who made all things including the stardust.

What tiny bit of woth you place on precious human beings.
    Someone calculated the total physical makeup of our bodies, and calculated that all the chemicals that make us, is worth less than $100 (US, I bet)
    Perhaps stardust is a little more. hmm

1. qwark profile image60

Aka-j: is English your native language? if it isn't, I'll forgive you for offering a comment with so many spelling and grammatical mistakes.
      If English is your native language, arent you embarrassed by the many mistakes you made?
      Whew. I could never post something like that. Too much pride I guess.
      Tch tch .

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good reply.
        Not a word of a response to the content I so badly spellled.
        I guess I hit a raw nerve.

I'll brush up on my gramma tooo.
        T hanks. tongue

2. spookyfox profile image59

Another Sagan quote:

"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."

3. spookyfox profile image59

There's been a recent documentary from the BBC Horizon series about that, called What happened before the big bang. It states the flaws with the theories and what's being done to try to fill in the gaps.

8. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 13 years ago

Who is this him that created everything?

9. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

Perhaps the contents of expired stars is similar to what God used to create us. As humans we get the deceiving opportunity to look at everything after the fact. It is easy to mix N match and assemble pieces together, but how accurate is that?

Biologists look at the eye of a human and say wow, evolution knows how to make an eye! But really, what told evolution that the human being needed such an evolved eye? Was it a good guess? Was it 'keen insight', some strange foreknowledge? or random development, while the poor flatworm only got a optic spot which we would have had if it had not been for intelligent design of God.

well what religion calls god and what science can call god are not much different at nano level..except that religious god is more human like while science god is more machine like... religious god can feel , can judge , can become happy ..those are human like trait ..may be so scriptures state god made human in its own image..while atheist say it is other way round

coming to larger point ...science's god is forces and hero is gravitational force...without which universe wont be possible...now naturally comes a question who put this forces at place?..science cannot answer convincingly out here...religion comes with absolute called god...when asked what created god...that is not convincingly answered by religion too..

so i guess human species would need much more time to reach to logically conclusive answers to the questions...

1. qwark profile image60

Pisean:
        The human species exists at a level of infancy.
        Man is still groping for "truths."

agreed..

2. fatfist profile image64
          fatfistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never mind that.....I was groped in Church last Sunday!
          lol

1. qwark profile image60

Fatfist:
            Did'ya catch his name?   :-)

1. fatfist profile image64

Yes, his name is Ted Haggard.
              He later offered to psychologically counsel me in private at his residence.....as long as I don't report the incident to the authorities.  lol

1. qwark profile image60

Hahaha...the truth is stranger than fiction...lol

2. wyanjen profile image70
            wyanjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

Congrats on your HP anniversary

2. profile image0

"Perhaps the contents of expired stars is similar to what God used to create us."

So you are saying that matter has always existed and therefore there was no need for creation of matter.  O.K.  I agree.  But for God to create us he would have to be something, not nothing.  So he, too, would have to be made of matter.

So you are saying that God is simply a word that is used to describe all matter that has eternally existed and occasionally bumps into each other causing changes which we define as creation - because the existing matter has been reaarranged into a different combination and looks different?

That means that we are all part of God as God is all matter, and therefore we are all eternal.  Good theory.  I accept. 

At the same time, your irreducibly complex eyeball theory is just dumb, as it assumes only one type of eye has evolved, which is simply inaccurate, and it also assumes maximum vision is necessary to be a benefit, a non-sequitor.

1. fatfist profile image64

God is completely powerless to the formidable power of the matter comprising your pinkie finger! God can be made to move at the will of any object in the Universe via gravitational pull. Just by the mere motion of your pinkie, God shakes, vibrates, and dances like a puppet!

The moment God decided to declare His authority over the Universe, He was instantly stripped of all His superpowers by space & matter, and instantly stripped of His “free will” by gravity.

God is only a Super Megalomaniac and an Arrogant Tormentor in the conceptual realm; within the “controlled” environment of the mythological Bibles His followers author. Out here, in reality, things work much differently. Matter recognizes NO authorities. Matter necessarily FORCES the God of the Bible to bow down before it; whether He likes it or not; no matter how much He protests, and no matter how many death threats He makes.

Even the motion of an amoeba instantly turns God into its own personal "hand puppet" lol

1. qwark profile image60

Fatfist:
          Wow! Well thought out and presented!
          Standing ovation!!!!   :-)

1. Druid Dude profile image60
            Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good to see some music fans here. Don't know what illegal substance fatfist ingested, but without GOD(Energy) matter would not exist PERIOD, or i'll even accept that matter is a by product of said energy. But matter is not King of the universe. No one of the "nonbelievers" seem able to grasp the concept that the sum total of all energy could be conscious, which puts the big "G" firmly in control of not just your incomplete concepts but also Stephen Hawking's.

1. qwark profile image60

Druid:
              Energy is your defintion of this biblical god thing?
              Or, are you just saying that you are using the term "god" to replace the word energy? Energy/god same subject?
              Ok, NP, I'll refer to energy as, lets see,..uhhh...spinach. Ok with you?
              Now lets see how your comment reads:
              "... but without Spinach(Energy) matter would not exist PERIOD."
              " which puts the big "S" firmly in control of not just your incomplete concepts but also Stephen Hawking's."
              Do I have it right?
              Makes sense to me...damn! I never quite thought of it that way.
              Enlightenment comes when ya least expect it!
              TY sir!!!      :-)

1. profile image0

Now you understand Popeye's secret of Spinach!

1. qwark profile image60

Hahaha..  yep AKA..sensical as hell...lolol...:-)

2. fatfist profile image64

Druid,

“Don't know what illegal substance fatfist ingested”

The same one that Ted Haggard was ingesting while he was calling me “a luscious, sweet, and tender boy”. You see, I made the mistake of accepting his offer for private spiritual counselling.

“But matter is not King of the universe”

You would be dead wrong. But I welcome you to EDUCATE me in my hub: “Creation is Impossible”. Not a single person in the history of humanity has been able to rationally explain that Creation is even a REMOTE possibility.......the key word being REMOTE!

But yet, YOU know what you are talking about. So let’s have an honest to goodness discussion in my hub......ME and YOU. Or if you like, bring some Creationist friends to teach me a thing or two.

See you there. And if you don’t show up, the audience will know that you were flaunting your ignorance all along! Don’t be scared....I don’t bite....like Ted Haggard does.

3. profile image0

(but without GOD(Energy) matter would not exist PERIOD)

DD,

The default position is that matter is.  I think we can all pretty much agree on the natural phenomena that matter is here in the present.  It is real.

Now, because "it is" is the default position, anyone who wishes to explain how this matter came to be has the responsibility to explain in a rational manner how that occured.  Otherwise, matter must be eternal.  If matter has not always been, from what was it created and what was the step-by-step process that transpired to create matter?

Keep in mind, assertions such as "without God matter would not exist" is not a rational explanation but an irrational one, simply an unverifiable claim, as unverifiable as saying matter was made by the Easter Bunny or by Puff the Magic Dragon from directions found on a Peter, Paul, and Mary record played backwards.

Rational minds do not accept irrational explantions such as the Easter Bunny or backward-played records.  Please explain in detail the processes God used to turn nothing into matter so I can copy that process and hopefully learn to turn lead into gold.

Thanks.

10. Eco_Ali profile image70
    Eco_Aliposted 13 years ago

Couture: I thought we got caught in bumper to bumper traffic that day and decided to turn around and go to Seaside?? LOL!!

Please forgive me, I'm new here but I must contribute my thoughts. There is no evidence, no “normal science” to say that God, the Supreme Being and universal energy source did not project divine thought and set in motion the laws of thermodynamics that governed the creation of the universe, the function and structure of DNA and the evolution of life on earth.  The scientific community, bound by their shared and non-negotiable paradigms, themselves, takes a leap of faith when forced to accept a scientific revolution. 

Perhaps God is the final answer that sits forebodingly on the tip of the tongue of science, disturbing their logic and putting their science in crisis.  Surely there is some connection to the phenomena of the physical world and our greater extended spiritual family.  Somewhere, somehow beyond our limited capacities, there is a force that transcends the neutron, proton, and electron, the amino acids and nucleotides and manifests itself in a fraction of a nano second as the inanimate becomes the animate and then again the inanimate and so on... oscillating through a higher power of realms than we have already been privilege to perceive. 

Perhaps God created the universe, the earth and all its creatures in His mind and then spoke it into existence....but what are the boundaries and parameters of the mind of God?  And what is the force of His breath?  What is beyond the universe? The only hermeneutics allowed at this stage is what Faith will bring and what the limited laws of physics and thermodynamics will allow.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. Isn't that the beauty of this subject? The grand perhaps. And you want to take it away, kill it.

The problem with your argument is that we've been there before. Do you not realize that people have used the 'then who did this if not god' argument to explain pretty much everything that wasn't obvious? Do you not know that the movements of the planets and spheres "around the Earth", as was once thought, was explained by bringing up god, so were thunders and rain.

There is no evidence that god didn't create the Universe you say. Well, there is no evidence that Zeus didn't do it either, or a dog with a top hat. There is no reason to prove a negative. What would be the point in actually setting as a goal proving that the inside of black holes is not made of marshmellows? If it is, let us find out when the time comes. But what we do know certainly, is that there is no evidence in Nature itself of a divine plan, inherent to it, independent from the human emotions you could attach to it.

As science progresses the room left for god is getting smaller. Every natural disaster used to be the wrath of god, now we know it's due to temperature changes and natural Earth processes. If everyone thought like you did, there'd be no progress, because that reasoning is precisely what's wrong with religion: if you use god to fill every gap of ignorance instead of actually trying to learn how Nature works, you'll remain ignorant, thinking you have all the answers.

11. Eco_Ali profile image70
    Eco_Aliposted 13 years ago

I dug out a pond in my back yard and lined it with a variety of wetland plants, submerged and emergent varieties I've used time and time again in other landscapes I've designed. I then stacked small granite boulders fashioning them into what appeared to be a springfed cascading waterfall. Then I bought some koi and a few tadpoles and stocked my pond with wildlife to enjoy my creation.  Later in the season those tadpoles lost their tails, grew legs and for every year after, there appeared bullfrogs that would sit on the rocks croaking away and sunning themselves much to my delight. I pondered the thoughts of these frogs, what were they thinking as they sat on these rocks. Did they know where they came from? Did they have any idea at all of what was beyond my fenced in back yard? And I had to ask myself how arrogant would I be if I pretended to understand those mysteries of time, space and life myself. Relatively speaking of course, how am I, as I ponder my universe, so much different than those frogs??

1. Troy C. profile image59
      Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stardust 1. a mass of distant stars appeariing as tiny particles of dust. No I don't think I'm stardust. I'll stick to, "child of God." Saved by the grace of God through the sacrifice of his Son, Jesus Christ.

God Bless, Troy C.

1. qwark profile image60

..but Troy:
        You don't know anything about this jesus and yer only guessing about this "god thing."
        You haven't done yer homework have  ya?
        Tell ya what, I like to help.
        Go to the Google site and study all those things that the ancients never even considered..ok? Eventually, you'll have an enlightening epiphany. I promise.
        Now go for it! Study will clear it all up for ya..Ok?

12. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

I completely agree about the dust:

Genesis 2:7

God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed
    into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living
    soul.

13. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

You see? monotheists will agree to evolution and all the "truisms" offered by non-believers, but they end a comment with: "but god is responsible for it all." lol
    The pope agreed with Hawking and had to have the last word: " I agree but god is responsible for it all."

That's what religion is being reduced to, a comment at the end of a statement, an overall feeling of unity and purpose, an emotional cushion in which to fall, no longer an explanation at all, but a nice ribbon to wrap it all up and feel content.

1. qwark profile image60

Agreed! but god tells 'em to do it...lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)