New finding on my new hub's scores and why

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. snakebaby profile image65
    snakebabyposted 13 years ago

I recently deleted two of my own articles that constantly edged around score 60. I eliminated them in hope that it would bring up my overall hub scores therefore my profile scores, especially they were both duplicates. I have been posting one hub every few days to over a week, each time the new hub went up to a very nice score like 70 in just 3 days, I thought it would do better now after the deletion. But surprisingly, the newer hub I posted yesterday now has only 48 (normally by now it would be 54 something), and newest one I did today is now 49. So nothing was what I hoped for. Now I regretted why I had to delete my old hubs! How does this whole thing really work? Why removing low scored article didn't help? What should I do? Thanks!

1. brakel2 profile image74
      brakel2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi You sound so much like me. Sometimes nothing makes sense. One of my hubs stayed under 70 forever and now it is at 84. Another one didn't do well, and I was going to delete it.Others were at 90 in the beginning , but suddenly dropped.Often when you first write a hub it stays low for a while and then gets better. But I have decided that sometimes the scores do not make sense, and there is not much we can do except keep writing and trying to do better. Keep up the good work and don't give up. I am now making a little money after 8 months, so the more hubs you have, the better you do.

snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot brakel2, at least the words comfort me somewhat. I want to write more, but English isn't my language, that makes writing a lot slower. I have my daughter writing the bakugan related stuff, honestly I wouldn't have these posts with her effort. It takes me days to write a serious stuff, I might need to find a way to be more productive, just no time possibly for the next few months. Wish I could split myself in half :-(

2. shaekelly profile image62
      shaekellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am having the same trouble. I've had an account for some time now, but I just started posting hubs last week. I am having trouble with getting decent scores as well. Please follow me I, have very few followers It seems I'm getting more followers  under twitter. Whats funny is I asked them to follow me here and some of them are members here they aren't following me here but we are twitter friends.#dontunderstandhowhubpageaverageahubscore.

Dame Scribe's suggestion sounds good :-)

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Minor fluctuations are put there just to torture us.smile Ignore them!

And if your 2 deleted hubs are any good, put them back! smile

Thanks! Are you sure? can't get back the old ones, they are permanently gone now. they didn't have much traffic at all so ok to leave them out. But seeing my other scores get suffered just made me feel bad. Hope the scores are nothing, but then why giving us high low scores? Visually I do like high numbers, of course :-)

2. shaekelly profile image62
      shaekellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@parigmsearch great advice.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages and the Forums! smile Just in case, I haven't said it before now. wink

However, deleting hubs is only advisable when the hub is not worth restoring or changing. I've deleted hubs with the hopes it would have an effect on my authorscore, but didn't.

I have found that reading hubs and commenting on them, and rating them, is what drives up authorscore. At least, it's proven to work for others, so it should work for you as well.

I haven't read as much as I used to read, and is the reason for my low authorscore. My hubs range from 67 to 85. smile

Thanks, Cagsil, it sounds like it might work for the better, since that indicates you are participating I guess. I'm too busy with lots of things, hard to find time to read other people's articles. I'll try this in the future whenever I can squeeze out time. You got great score now, 92, not 85, yeah for you!

4. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

Welcome to world of HubPages. smile concern for your score as mentioned around the forum shouldn't be used as a measure of yourself. It isn't. Just write your Hub(s), promote, read others, interact, promote, write, smile set a pace for your activities - write-promote-read-rate-etc. One day for each activity if necessary. Don't have to stress yourself out but go easy and enjoy your time. smile

Thanks, Dame, I'll focus on writing and try to take it easy, though it is still visually pleasing to see higher scores, no matter what :-) btw, Is it bad to post more than one hubs in a day? I did one last night, and one early today, the second one somehow hasn't been indexed by google as it normally does within couple hours. Since the score stays low, I began to wonder whether posting more than one in a day could hurt?

5. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

You can post as many Hubs as you like or feel up to. smile there is no limit. Just as long they are original works.

Great to hear that :-) Just when I was wondering about SE, now I can find my newest one in there. Interesting, even I'm not easily making money, I simply enjoy the feelings when I see my hubs in SE, hehe... thanks!

6. lex123 profile image79
    lex123posted 13 years ago

What I found in getting good score are - spend at least 10 minutes in answering questions and in the forums, read at least one hub of another person and comment on it, write more hubs if possible daily or at least once or twice a week, and follow one or two hubbers every 2-3 days. This practice makes me stay my score between 92 and 95 and sometimes even upto 97.

I have to try to practice that, thanks a lot for the tips. If it works for me, I'll let you know :-)

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do it to enjoy it, dont make it a chore!

Yes, I will, too much chore already :-) Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)