advice of how to deal with my b/f daughter mom

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)
  1. profile image48
    tt1984posted 15 years ago

Help with boyfriends crazy baby mom Please?
    Heres the facts
    -my b/f and I have lived together for 4 years
    -he has a 9 yr old child with another person, their daughter lives with the mom.
    -I have been around there kid no more then 15 times. Because the mom usually stops letting my b/f see or talk to his kid for a few days after I have been out with them cause she gets mad.
    - My b/f almost always goes to spend time with his daughter at their house.
    -I know for a fact that the mom wants to be back with my b/f or at least wants me out of the picture.
    -I met the mom face to face for the first time about a month or two ago. This is when it started to get really bad. Which is when she told me that they were sleeping together on and off. My b/f said it was all lies b/c she wants us to break up.
    -After that he told me that he is no longer going to go there to see his daughter, that she will come to our house.
    -My b/f went to their house on christmas eve to spend time with his kid and stayed after his daughter went to sleep to do her presents.
    -the mom called me a few days later telling me that my b/f and her had sex and that he told her that they could still work out together and he would leave me, but she was upset cause he is still with me.
    -She also said that when they had sex that she wiped herself off with his sweatshirt.
    -I have the shirt and there is a little bit of a white residue on it, problem is I dont know if they had sex b/c I dont completely 100% trust my b/f but I dont think he would have sex wit her.( He knows that she wants another child and me and him could get pregnant at anytime, I just don't think he would risk that among other things)
    -Part of me thinks she took his sweatshirt when he had it off and wiped her self on it so she could tell me this.
    -So my b/f got his daughter a bedroom set from ikea for christmas, now he has to go there to put every thing together.
    I AM NOT FEELING THIS AT ALL! IKEA furniture is not that difficult I say the mom could do it herself, FYI most if it is together the only thing left is a dresser. Besides she has men in her family that could do it if she wants to act useless. I told my b/f after that last thing she did I dont want him going there at all, he said since he got the dresser he needs to put it together and he doesnt want another man putting her dresser together and that the moms brother is not going to do it. I think he is crazy for thinking that it is okay for him to go one last time to put the dresser together just because he said he will go there early and leave early during the day and it will be the last time. Finally he said he would talk to her and see about someone else putting it together. Now his daughters mom keeps writing my myspace, facebook page telling they are sleeping together and that they will always be a part of each others lives. This is all really starting to get to me. I do love kids and want my own in the next year or two but I dont want to have a child that will not be able to know their own sister because her mom is psyco. Also I dont want to have to deal with the stress of her. I told her I am not going to believe her when she tells me they are still sleeping together, unless she taped it. Know she wrote me and said she recorded the sound but I dont know if I should go talk to her and see.

1. Nickny79 profile image68
      Nickny79posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a lot of drama.  In such matters, the emotions tend to overule reason, but if you are open to reason, I would suggest you retreat from such chaos and find a different guy.  I have been hung up on certain females in the past, to my stupidity, and thinking that this particular woman was THE one and that I'd never find anyone better.  This has happened several times.  I have found this sort of thinking to be illusory.  It can be particularly debilitating, but as a rule I've always proven myself wrong and was able to find someone better in every respect. 

I would withdraw and take some alone time and think about what it is you really want in a man--make your laundry list and imagine yourself with that person.  In time, after working through some karma and learning some lessons, you WILL find someone better.  Believe me, there is no shortage of good men in this world, you just have to be willing to let them find you.

2. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

This IS massive drama, and what I'd do in that situation immediately is to cut communication with your boyfriend's ex.  She's trying to intimidate you, and somewhat succeeding.  Given her issues, there is absolutely no reason for you to have any contact with her.

If you are still interested in your boyfriend, set some boundaries with him, too.  I would tell him his daughter is welcome to visit your home at anytime, but given the circumstances right now, you are not comfortable with him visiting this ex.  This is not being over demanding, but just good faith concerning your relationship and something he should agree to if he values you and your relationship.

If you find he has been cheating, I'd say cut him loose.  This isn't a dependable person in any sense, and not someone you should consider having a child with.  It might hurt in the beginning, but in the long run you will feel better that you have made this choice.

I don't see this as 'finding someone better,' but taking care of yourself and your future.

3. profile image48
    MrsMRBSposted 15 years ago

Well, I have a similar situation going on... Neither do I trust my fiance 100% and he has almost gained that trust back.  When things started getting shaky I told him where I stood and he can accept or step.  At some point I feel in your situation and mine the man needs to set common grounds for everyone and to maintain a healthy living environment for the child.  Being open to him telling her where he stands about situations and letting her know that he is true to only me(you).  First, you and he need to come to some type of understanding of how to deal with the situation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)