Does anybody still believe in true love?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years ago

Or have most people gone back to the feudalistic medieval mindset: that marriage is purely for the procurement and protection of property?
    I have seen so many people hide from their emotions because they are afraid of rejection. And then there's me, hiding from my emotions out of fear of success.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i believe in true love.  the only problem is unlike the movies, true love is extremely rare and hard to find.  in fact, most people rarely ever find it, where as a lucky few do.  of course, i guess that's what makes love so special i guess, as it's rare.

2. purpleangel47 profile image61
      purpleangel47posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I definitely still believe in true love - which I'm guessing means that at 48 years old I will probably be walking that road by myself for awhile. I've been married, in long and short term relationships - all of which ended up empty. I feel like I keep attracting the same type of person with a different face, which makes me wonder what it is about me that's making that happen.

3. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

True love is alive and well I can assure you of that!

2. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

I believe in true love - a bit late in life, and I needed someone half my age to show me AND explain how it works.

Hiding from your emotions for any reason is a good idea if you are unsure of yourself - because love is about showing everything.

3. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Hi Jonathan, I suppose do not believe in true love.  Because I don't understand any emotion or feeling is ever without doubt or can be swayed.

I believe strongly in love though buddy.  At 44 I accept and embrace there are so many forms of love.  What a blessing we have within each other.

I say poop on true love and thank you so much people for gifting me with receiving and giving so many different wonderful lessons in love which can only grow or move on, either way how much more enriched we are from feeling it

Have a great night Jonathan

big_smile

btw pleasure to meet you smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3166624_f248.jpg

4. profile image0

<edit>  I'm allowed to mess up I am 35, 000 feet in the air

edit to true love where pure someone hacked in

big_smile

many thanks

5. Jonathan Janco profile image61

Nice pic. Actually, I do believe in true love. I guess what I don't believe in is myself. Sad, isn't it? Especially because many people other than myself do believe in me, and some of these people have shown me that I can do amazing things under the right circumstances.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sad sad  Jonathon.  Just a moment you have paused on your path.  I believe one that will lead you to understand what love means to you.  What we think, at the end of the day, s irrelevant, believe.  But take this time ti just be open to accepting your worthy of being happy, everyone is.  Been there, so tough lonely and confusing, hang on and when your not looking

BAM!

your answers will hint at some clarity.  I will not tell you to believe in yourself, I am no one to say this, but I will fucking say hang on to the vision of what you want to release to be OK

big_smile hang with me, guaranteed to self destruct  lol

OK so help me

someone define true love

vs

different levels of variations of this love?  Which is true? 

What is TRUE love?  A state of mind is my guess.  Maybe also because I have loved many ways, all a path in my life, all good., make sense?  No? hmmm

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3966918_f248.jpg

6. PierrePierre profile image60
    PierrePierreposted 13 years ago

I want to believe, but no point in believing in something that doesn't exist.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
      Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, really, thanks alot. Exactly the sort of uninhibited optimism I was looking for.

7. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I fell in love with a guy 13 years younger than I many years ago.
    We are still together, even though EVERYONE said I was absolutely out of my mind.
    He is the light of my life-and we fell head over heels the first time we set eyes on each other.  Don't let anyone say it can't happen!!!!!!!!!!!

8. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

I do believe in true love and I have lived with him for a little less than  twenty years of my life...True love is not an emotion or a fancy ideal, it is a relationship that you have to work at to make it work for you...It is a lot of work I can tell you but worth every bit of it!!  Best wishes to you!

9. Claudin_Dayo profile image61
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

Certainly yes.. True love exist smile , the awkward thing was that when a person is truelyly in love with a person these feelings are often ignored or trashed. I agree that true love is an elusive thing big_smile

10. profile image0

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3966937_f248.jpg

11. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 13 years ago

Yes I do, I married mine.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3128941_f248.jpg

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

She's lovely, zzron, you are blessed!

12. Jonathan Janco profile image61

Thank you all for the encouragement. I appreciate the heartfelt advice. I suppose I've been feeling a little victimized lately.

13. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years ago

Do believe in it, yes - but more than a year on from my separation, it continues to pain me every second, of every minute, of every day, as I found out it was a one way feeling.

Would never again so much as contemplate taking the risk of a relationship, so if you are happily single, do the sensible thing and stay that way!! smile

14. Jonathan Janco profile image61

Gordon, thank you for sharing. I am sorry to see you are so heartbroken.

15. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

well, if it's not true, it probably isn't love. 

it's not the fairytale stuff. love can be for a 'season'

I guess.. I think we have a lot of responsibility in making it true love.

16. jdomingo profile image60
    jdomingoposted 13 years ago

You know how they say you know it when you find it?  Well I have become a believer and was once a very pessimistic person on the idea of finding 'it', but I was hell bent on trying.

And here I am head over heels for a woman who is head over heels for me, she's perfect...in every facet, she's kind, caring, loving, compassionate, funny, witty, smart, down to earth she has it all and I can't believe it.  The best part about it is that she can't believe she's met me either, she never thought that she'd meet someone to take her flowers to work or just to send her a text telling her how beautiful she is.

Just remember love is an act not a feeling, so when you meet that person that makes your knees tremble make sure you show it to them when and wherever possible.

It exists man just don't rush it.  It will happen when and where you least expect it...trust me that was the best Meatball sub I have ever ordered...

17. Arlecchino profile image60
    Arlecchinoposted 13 years ago

I do believe in true love. It exists. My parents proved it to me being married over 35 years and still keeping romance in their relationships.

18. I am DB Cooper profile image62
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Love doesn't exist, that's what I'm trying to tell you guys. And I'm not picking on love, 'cause I don't think friendship exists either.

Sorry, stole that line from Wedding Crashers.

19. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

Is there 'untrue' love?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)