Quran burning

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

Hypocrisy runs rampant in society.  Many take their own freedom of religion as a means to crush someone elses.  We all have personal choices.  It's not the religion's fault for someone's actions - it's the individual.  Let them have the Quran and let all other scriptures exist.  It's when individual actions cross the line into illegality and murder that justice must intercede.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

From NewsChannel5.com in Nashville.

well One nut decided to do it! We are dead set on tearing each other appart? This is Nuts people, makes no sense at all to do this.

article below

SPRINGFIELD, Tenn.- A Springfield pastor says he did go through with a Koran burning Saturday.

Pastor Bob Old runs his ministry from his home, and threatened to burn the Islamic holy book in his backyard, and put the video online. Saturday the pastor says he's decided against posting the video to YouTube.

A small group of protesters did show up at his house, but there were no confrontations.

This happend in Clarksville, Tenn. and the Protestors were Army Wives, whose Husbands are in the 101st and dispatched oversease from Ft. Campbell. This is a sad day for this Preacher and his hate mongering crap.

2. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is the religion's fault.

It tells it's believers to kill non-believers. In both the quoran and bible. smile

Do I need to post a few dozen of each?

Please do Earnest, post and let it be seen. There is nothing to justify this nonsence, nothing at all. this is nuts. Words on a page written 50-500 years after the fact, and no evidence of True exhistance, except primitive beings. 

Un-identified Bones =Words=Facts.....I think not.

2. goldenpath profile image66
        goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you and others have researched and diligently sought out wisdom in compiling evidence against any and all faiths.  However, any faith can defend the words of it's holy writ.  You cannot possibly explain the Qu'ran from a Muslim point of view.  It's not possible.

We all still have free choice.  No religion can strip you of that therefore it's not a religion's choice.  A religion may be false to the bone but it still cannot escape that one fact.

1. earnestshub profile image81

Would you deny that religion tells people to kill?

What do you do with the threats of the OT? Ignore them?
          Disconnect jesus from them? Deny they are written? Deny their very clear meaning?
          Rip the OT out? Substitute your own book? Say that every one of these scriptures is quoted "out of context?"

Pretend that I make them up myself perhaps? smile

People view other people's faith according to their own understanding and "outside" perceptions.  These are more often than not skewed perceptions.  You know I'm an authority on this truth.  I will not defend nor condemn the faith in question because I am not in it.  I do, however, condemn selected individuals that have radicalized it to a point of murder.  Often in scripture what we deem as violent murder and bloodshed means something totally different in it's original tongue.  Scripture is not written as we think today.  Scripture was written in a time and tongue that expresses symbolic images to represent ideas.  This is the problem of people posting verses on the forums because they are looking at the literal word as perceived in today's language and not the original intended language.

So only the select few who are much smarter and more loved by god are the people who understand what "kill un-believers" REALLY means?

I may be no less bible literate than you are by the way.

I can read what is written.
              What is written is insane by any reasonable standards.

Omnipotent entities who are jealous, possessive murderers by their own words are not very likely to get a good hearing.

I never said the select few are more enlightened or choice.  I said they have radicalized their faith which is dangerous and wrong.  I condemn any system of belief that advocates open murder upon another fellow being but I am not about to condemn a faith that many in such faith can defend their holy writ with a different meaning.

Are you saying that "kill un-believers" has another meaning?? smile

I don't know!  I submit and admit that.  I don't know how they explain that term.  Perhaps they use it to mean putting down unbelief as a whole.  I don't know!  Perhaps it means kill the darkness of unbelief and the lack of hope it invites.  I don't know!  Who knows - perhaps it does literally mean to kill people.  Again, as long as someone is out there that can explain it in non-violent terms as they see it I will not condemn it because I am judging a system according to the acts of a few.  I am head strong in my faith buy many misconstrue our beliefs into something totally untrue and uneducated.  The same can be said for all faith systems.  Once we judge on the whole because of the few we become blind to the good hearts of the many.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60

Agree,

but....history proves Religion kills. It's human Passion is fever, and fever is blind. (Religion in any Belief form does this none are excluded from feeling it is the only way)

It leads to conflict with authority, and thus punishment which is death.  By being in place as the foremost thought- (the Only way) It guarantees conflict will happen, because by natural thought processes not all will believe, so then all those are made to believe or die.

Historically it has happened with repeatable predictability.

2. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

If you own a piece of property, do whatever you want with it!  Burn it, eat it or shove it where the sun don't shine!  Who cares?!  What's the big deal, it's yours!  Just leave other people's stuff alone!

Yes Logic, but do it in silence, it is not necessary to incite people, advertise it on the net,  just because you can. Are they destroying their own property because they can or because they wish to put on a show. Is it Ego, or a mear innocent act.....think with Logic

We have obligated ourselves to live in a  society, anything goes just because its yours is bull-crap, and down deep you know this. but you condition your mind to accept less. We are more than this....think

I completely agree.  Over the past hundred years this society has become apathetic, complacent and we have learned to "compromise" all those virtues and ethics our ancestors cherished and built families on.  Respect, tolerance and understanding have gone out the window and will be the foundation of our undoing.

agree

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

First from the bible.
    This is just a brief list, there are many many more I can think of.

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.  (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Now the quoran.

Qur’an 2:191 “...kill the disbelievers wherever we find them”

Qur’an 9.33 He it is Who sent His Apostle with guidance and the religion of truth, that He might cause it to prevail over all religions.

Qur’an 2:193 “And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah”

Qur’an 8:71 And if they intend to act unfaithfully towards you, so indeed they acted unfaithfully towards Allah before, but He GAVE YOU MASTERY OVER THEM

Qur’an 8:55 Surely the vilest of animals in Allah’s sight are those who disbelieve.

smile

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

earnestshub  wrote ....
    If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
    =====================================================

Right before this   ..  is it not written that God said that he was not going to send any prophets for a period of time and that anyone that says that they are a prophet ...
    they are a false prophet???

This is one way to reveal who his true messengers are.

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

From the quoran:

Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels (non-Muslims) out to the last.’”

Any ambivalence here?

From the bible:

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.  (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Any ambivalent statements here?

These books need no interpretation, they speak for themselves and cause war and hate.

So does intolerance and lack of understanding.  Without maintaining love in the heart for all good people of all faiths it's easy to dwell on the negative and see only what we want to see or look for. 

I admit, on the surface I am disturbed by much of what that writing has in it, but again that is only my interpretation.  When I see the masses casting their boats toward the free nations or them arming their missiles then I'll know something went very wrong.  I the end at least I'll know that I didn't judge where it wasn't necessary.  I won't condemn a people just the actions of a people.  If their holy writ has driven them masses to extermination of others then it should be put down.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Radicals on both sides; they don't see the peaceful teachings.

2. J.R. Smith profile image58
        J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The NAB is well-known as not being inspired and should in no way be used to quote from.

6. raisingme profile image77
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

We might want to get consider getting our collective act together before some big kahuna burns the whole damn lot of us.  Tis time, methinks, to corral our turds!

7. christiansister profile image60
    christiansisterposted 13 years ago

Jesus says to live your life in Peace and Love Forgiving all who trespass and realize it is not the person. It is Satan. Anytime we take a violent action it is us handing our will to Satan and then if we retaliate to a violent action with violence we are letting the Satan in someone else invite Satan into our actions. With this type of behaviour only Satan wins. We are called to be strong in the face of Satan and do as Jesus instructed. Forgive, be Longsuffering, Compassionate and Loving. For by these actions you will prove yourself to be a follower of Christ.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)