"Top Democrat Says His Party WILL NOT LoseTHE HOUSE": ABC

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (74 posts)
  1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image59
    fishskinfreak2008posted 13 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/top-demo … d=11958017

THIS IS INDEED a bold prediction, especially considering the fact that EVERY seat in the House of Representatives is up for grabs and the unprecedented level of ANGER that we're seeing.

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well what do you expect him to say ? WE ARE TOAST ?

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The democrats will lose the house, and the senate and the presidency in 2012 because liberals are evil!

3. JOE BARNETT profile image60
      JOE BARNETTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well i expect the house to go but, what we can expect from this is now when the president needs help and proposals, they will actually have to participate. or show the people that they truly don't do anything for them. which will be a plus for democrats. also there will be no repeals of anything. the pres. has the power to veto. the only good that will come from this change is now republicans will have to work with the president!

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If the democrat nonsense is to be believed the republicans have done great things for this country.

According to democrats they (with zero power) have prevented congress from every good thing they were trying to do.

Thats a good thing.

Of course the party with zero power couldn't stop anything from happening, its democrats who are incompetent and can't get through what they want because of each other.

Do you really think we want more ridiculous legislation shoved down our throats.

I think you are about to find out the answer to that question.

1. JOE BARNETT profile image60

i have no problem with healthcare reform less than the cost of a cell phone will insure 31 million more people,wallstreet reform includes much more oversight and the restricting of derivatives. ledbetter law fairpay. creation of paperless medical system, the elimination of redundant tests(huge money saving idea). the only people that are complaining about healhtcare are people that already have insurance. also i don't think one republican is gonna turn down the previous existing condition clause, nor the children being able to remain on their parents insurance till 26, nor the increasing of premiums to inaffordability once you become chronically ill. that doesn't sound to me like anything that would have to be stuffed down anybodies throat ... unless they had been misled. have you? well we will both find out the answer. but i do remember as a child i didn't want to take medicine, or get a shot and it was all better for me. in this case their are a lot of short sighted people. that will see the good later.

"i have no problem with healthcare reform"

I'm sure you don't.

But a majority of Americans do.

And no they haven't been misled.

They have been lied to, but fortunately are far too intelligent to let it continue.

1. Druid Dude profile image58
              Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. You're right this time Jim. But one thing your "majority" (That I'm not so sure about.) do have is INSURANCE!

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

I agree with him. The anger has turned on the Republibaggers now...they overplayed their awful behavior, and say what you will about Americans, we don't like bullies!

We're a country for the underdog. Not the big fancy cats who lord it over people...

Puleeeeease, these Baggers think they are angry?
    Fehhh, I've been angry since 2001. And plenty like me. You Baggers don't know the meaning of the word. Child's Play.

They will find out what happens when you think you are more important than everybody else... When you don't want to play fair....and When your motto is Me Me Me Me ME.

They will sink. Because they didn't mind throwing everyone else to the sharks.

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This one is for you. From POLITICO , hardly a haven of conservatism.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44086.html

1. colonial82 profile image60
        colonial82posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tony, according to some, they think it is right leaning. Here is a blur about their leadership:

"So the President and CEO of The Politico, Frederick Ryan, is also the Board Chairman for the Reagan Library. And that makes sense, because Ryan is a long-time, hard-core Reaganite. "

I think being led by a Reaganite might make you right-leaning, but then again most "news" organizations in the US have leanings.

Have a good day.

3. lovemychris profile image77

I NEVER read politico...they are extremely suspect.. all of a sudden, they become THE place to go for politics?
    No, I do not subscribe to psy-ops.

And I don't need to. I go with my gut, and i live in this country, and have been subject to the hatred and loonacy of the teatards.....

They are going down along with the quality of the intellect they display.

"I go with my gut"

Thats what we like about you.

4. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

More proof his ilk don't live in the real world as the rest of us do.

5. lovemychris profile image77

HA! The real world where child molesters are protected by the police.....teatard police at that.

Real world where candidates say "we are going to have to make Draconian Cuts, but wait til our guy gets in first."

They are slime-balls, and I refuse to believe America is populated by slime balls.

6. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

The House is a foregone conclusion, the Senate is a question.

7. lovemychris profile image77

Oh no it isn't. Nothing is foregone. Unless you can predict the future...which you cannot.

You seriously undermine the intelligence and heart of the American People. They bought this hype too many times before...always with the same conclusion: Death and Destruction....but mo money mo money for the fat-cats!

I really think you are wrong. My People will Unite!!! Invisible America.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can predict the future. The House goes Republican.

1. lady_love158 profile image60

The senate will be republician too! Democrats are going the way of the dinosaur. The evil of the progressive philosophy has been revealed and the American people don't want it!

Perhaps even more importantly, the balance of governorships is likely to shift dramatically away from the democrats.

8. lovemychris profile image77

Yeah, we've seen THAT before: Read My Lips!!!

Buh bye baggy-butts!!

What on earth are "baggy-butts" and what could it have to do with the pending elections and subsequent political environment in the US?

Hey man, its her world you're just walking through it.

Watch where you step.

I guess so...

9. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I see these two parties changing...and not for the better..
    The principles both were founded on have been adulterated by individual greed and corruption of politicians looking out for themselves.
    I am not happy with either Political party!
    a clean sweep is needed..and no I am not a tea party member even though i may sound like it..
    sad

10. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

"and i live in this country, and have been subject to the hatred and loonacy of the teatards....."

You must be one of those Black congressional caucus members who were spit on and called names.

Oh yeah, those people lied about that.

1. William R. Wilson profile image60
      William R. Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Prove that they lied.

You got it backwards, champ.

1. lovemychris profile image77
          lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A staffer for Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told reporters that Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) had been spat on by a protestor. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), a hero of the civil rights movement, was called a 'ni--er.' And Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) was called a "faggot," as protestors shouted at him with deliberately lisp-y screams. Frank, approached in the halls after the president's speech, shrugged off the incident.

But Clyburn was downright incredulous, saying he had not witnessed such treatment since he was leading civil rights protests in South Carolina in the 1960s.

"It was absolutely shocking to me," Clyburn said, in response to a question from the Huffington Post. "Last Monday, this past Monday, I stayed home to meet on the campus of Claflin University where fifty years ago as of last Monday... I led the first demonstrations in South Carolina, the sit ins... And quite frankly I heard some things today I have not heard since that day. I heard people saying things that I have not heard since March 15, 1960 when I was marching to try and get off the back of the bus."

***come now sabby/jim...you DO know this was failry regular for the teatards, don't you? Before they got the memeo to "zip it"--you're making us look bad!

I mean, google some vids of a Sarah Palin rally where they interview the audience....Pheww! 1960 is right!
          Or you can google the video that shows the spitting.

Or you can pretend to have been CONSCIOUS since Obama announced his intention to run!  Like nothing I've ever seen in my life! WHO says they want power just to get the president out? Not "to help my country", not "to serve the better good."....but "To get the president out!"

UN-F'n-Believable.

You tards take the cake for nasty, IMO.

"A lot of us have been saying for a long time that much of this, much of this is not about health care a all. And I think a lot of those people today demonstrated that this is not about health care... it is about trying to extend a basic fundamental right to people who are less powerful."

"Like nothing I've ever seen in my life! WHO says they want power just to get the president out? Not "to help my country", not "to serve the better good."....but "To get the president out!" "

Of course liberals didn't run the entire 08 campaign (and ALL of obama's presidency so far) on 'anti-Bush'  roll

I don't know if people have incredibly short memories or are just incredibly dishonest. 

And let me say yet again that using terms like "tards" as a pejorative is unforgivably inappropriate. UNFORGIVABLY. There are actual human beings in this world who suffer from mental retardation and they are real and have feelings and familys and do not exist to serve as punchlines for the unimaginative trying to score points with base insults. Please make a note of it.

2. Sab Oh profile image55

BTW, there is no proof of such spitting and the only video available shows pelosi playing make-pretend and making a mockery of the Civil Rights movement.

3. Jim Hunter profile image61

"But Clyburn was downright incredulous, saying he had not witnessed such treatment since he was leading civil rights protests in South Carolina in the 1960s."

Must have missed the L.A. riots then.

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the USA a person is innocent until proven guilty.

So your remark falls back on you to provide evidence!

So in other words you are saying that the congressmen who were spit on and yelled at didn't lie, right?

1. Reality Bytes profile image74

There is no way to tell that they lied, but since they were the one's making the allegations the burden of proof is on them.

I just think that if it were true SOMEONE would have been arrested, what with the thousands of videos and all.

I mean assaulting a Congressman, when is the trial!

There is a big difference between saying: 

1. I was spit upon and called a name as I was walking through this big crowd of people (but I didn't see who did it because I was surrounded by angry people).

vs.

2.  Those specific Congressman lied about being spit upon.

You understand me?  Jim is accusing a longstanding Congressperson of lying.  He needs to prove his statement.

NO, HE DOESN'T. If the Congressman made the claim the onus is on him to prove it.

This is the most basic of logic.

2. Jim Hunter profile image61

"Jim is accusing a longstanding Congressperson of lying.  He needs to prove his statement."

You may be impressed by a "long standing congressman" I just think he's a scumbag.

And it gets worse, Ive accused a short term President of lying too.

And no..I don't "need" to prove anything.

Well then, since we've established that you'll make whatever statements you want without feeling the need to provide any proof at all, I guess we can just write off everything you say.

That was easy.

I wish you would.

That was easier.

11. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

I believe the correct term for what the Democrats are saying, is "whistling in the dark"!

12. lovemychris profile image77

You finally realized it! It IS my world, and you are through! ahaha

Just have this strong feeling.....

And no one in their right MIND wants orange-face to be Speaker.

His lofty goal for the gvt of America? His supreme calling, for which he is paid $196,000.00 a year......

His reason for getting up in the morning and "serving" the American people....

"Make Obama a one term president."

WOW. How far the mighty have fallen.

Gvt service as personal vendetta. Almost sounds like the Iraq "war"....

13. lovemychris profile image77

And BTW...it's a regular thing for right-wing talk show hosts around here...Howie carr, Jay Severin, Russsshhhhhhhh Butt-Burger, and Beckles the Evil Clown to make fun of Barney Frank and how he talks.

That's because he talks funny, so does Menino. Political party doesn't change that.

14. lovemychris profile image77

Really? I haven't heard people make fun of Jim McKenna...he has a raspy, feminine voice....but he's a repub.
    Plus, it's only righty's that I hear making fun of people for how they talk....and you forgot the "big one".
    Errr, ah   Errrrr, ah     Errrr, ah

The Wizard of Uhhhhz.

Always first to make fun...gotta love those righty's. NOT.

Oh, this is more liberal hypocrisy then? No one ever made fun of how President Bush spoke?

This is childish whining and not worth the time

Stop listening then....

I'm not a Tea-Bagger with a gun to your head, you know.

I'll take that as an admission of the point.

Don't.

15. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

Latest trend I've spotted from watching Fox News:  the right is gearing up to claim voter fraud.  Why?  Because the Dems are surging in the polls and the right is not so confident about picking up as many seats as they've been claiming they will.

Just wait and see....

I just looked over their news site and didn't see any stories like that.

Could you point me in the right direction?

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No specific story.  I've just become good at spotting trends in their talking points.  The voter fraud meme is already building on the right, based upon what I heard this morning.  I say "heard" because I was listening from another room.

Do a search for "voter fraud alert."

Maine wants legal immigrants to have the right to vote in local elections.

Some feel this may lead to voter fraud.

If Maine wants to allow its legal immigrants to vote then that would be up to the State of Maine.

1. profile image0

I'm not sure how that's related, but okay.

That is what Fox News was reporting under voter fraud.

2. lady_love158 profile image60

The dems are already engaged in voter fraud...ah but what else is new?

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/25511115/detail.html

1. profile image0

Thank you for bolstering my point.

I personally don't like electronic voting machines because they are temperamental and also because they make voter fraud easier.

Gee, I'll bet you had no problem believing voter fraud was taking place when Gore lost the election! Why would you find it so unbelievable now? The democrats are obviously desperate and uneasy about losing their power. Obama has even talked about getting the vote out to "punish his enemies"

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php … -qenemiesq

I don't doubt for a second that the democrats will do ANYTHING to keep from losing a seat, any seat in congress!

1. profile image0

Apparently, you are assuming I believe voter fraud only occurs from one party, because that fits into your preconceived notion of me as a liberal.  However, if you actually read what I said, then you would see I said no such thing.

I don't like electronic voting machines because they make voter fraud easier and harder to detect, whoever is doing it.

You said the right is "claiming" voter fraud, indicating a belief that it isn't happening. Well as you must have seen by now, numerous voters in NV when going to cast their ballot for Angle noticed Reid had already been checked off!

And guess who services those voting machines? SEIU members! Gee what a coincidence! The radical socialist liberal left democrats will stop at nothing to hold onto power and transform America into their vision of Utopia!

have you ever seen the documentary "Unprecedented" about Florida in 2000?  Have you looked into the voting irregularities in Ohio in 2004? 

Voter fraud is nonpartisan.

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
                Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention all those dead people who voted big_smile

3. profile image0

There really is no reasoning with you.  You're too far gone.  I'm glad I don't live in your world.

Just like William said, voter fraud is nonpartisan.  We should be against it no matter who perpetrates it, and we should recognize that it happens, on occasion, from both sides.

16. KFlippin profile image60
    KFlippinposted 13 years ago

Electronic voting machines are not the actual "source" of voter fraud -- it would be the HUMANS involved -- seems sort of 'duh' to me, but seemed pertinent to point out here on this topic.  Also, much of rural America does not have 'electronic voting' machines.

ACORN wouldn't have been so very active all across the USA registering and threatening and bribing for voter registrations, if they did not have "humans" available to defraud the American people -- electronically or otherwise.

1. profile image0

Yes, "duh" is right.  I didn't say electronic voting machines were the source; I said using them makes voter fraud easier to commit and harder to detect.

Again, please note that I did not single out one party or political ideology over another, unlike both you and ladylove.  The irony is that you are both proving my original point.

1. KFlippin profile image60
        KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't address any party affiliation at all, unless of course you presume that the ACORN example of voter fraud, that we all know about, was politically pointed.  In reality, it is the only clear knowledge I have of overt Voter Fraud.  Given the political climate of the past couple years, one can easily presume that if there were a better example than ACORN, we'd all know about it, as it happens, they are liberal Dems.  So, I meant no inference, just giving my opinion on the electronic element, etc...

1. profile image0

I don't want to get deep into the ACORN issue, but since it was the right who made ACORN the big, bag boogeyman I tend to view it as a political issue.  Sorry if I made the wrong assumption about your own personal views.

There are better examples of voter fraud than ACORN, but that's a different subject altogether that I'd rather not tackle right now.  Maybe someone else will feel the urge.

2. JOE BARNETT profile image60

do you mean the so called conservative pimp that was discovered as a plant and the filming that was not even done there and the socalled pimp clothes were not worn. it was all faked. is that what you talk about?

17. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

Funny how those darn voting machines always get "tampered with" when a democrat loses but work perfectly when they win. What are the odds?

Why I geuss the same odds as Repubs claiming the machines are fine, until Dems get the upper hand.

It was WELL documented about the 2000,2004 frauds. But just like 9/11..no one cares.

Thanks for EXACTLY making my point.

18. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

I think they will lose control of the house and keep the senate, and then they can be the party of no.

1. FitnezzJim profile image75
      FitnezzJimposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think they'll lose both the house and the senate, and the new party of no will be reduced to the guy with the veto.  Poetic, since he coined the phrase.

1. Druid Dude profile image58
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Must have gotten a fair mortgage contract. Everyone else is losing their houses. Nice to know someone will have a roof over their heads.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)