Does God Still Answer Prayers?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (249 posts)
  1. Precious Pearl profile image76
    Precious Pearlposted 13 years ago

I know that He does answer prayers but I want to hear from those of you who have prayed specifically about something and He answered you.  Does "No" always mean never or could it mean not now?  Does His "Yes" look like your ideal answer?  Does He only answer "Need" prayers or does He answer "Desire" prayers too?

I personally believe that He answers both ..

My example ... My daughter told me three years ago that she desired to go to Disney for her 13th birthday.  We have been praying for God's provision because as a single Mom this was going to take a miracle.  Well, the miracle came in the form of a love offering from a family member ... just one month from my daughter's 13th birthday.  I had been saving in faith but was still quite a ways from the amount that was needed.  This gift was enough to make up the difference between what I had saved in faith and the actual cost.  It was enough to not only take my daughter to Disney which was her heart's desire and mine but to pay some other things as well.

He gives good and perfect gifts to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Tell me your testimony.  I'd love to read it.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God does answer prayers.  It isn't always the answer we want, or at the time we want.  We just believe he knows best.  Some times he delivers with out our even asking.  He knows our needs.

I went for months having problems with my neck.  It would hurt so bad.  I didn't have insurance and couldn't afford to go to a Dr..  One day I walked to the store and bought a loaf of bread.  By the time I got back home, the weight of the bread had my neck hurting so bad I had to go lay down.  One night at church, sitting in the back pew, during alter call something happened.  All of a sudden it was like a ball of fire hit my neck.  The heat ran up my neck, across my shoulders and down my back.  I had been healed.  No more pain.

Precious Pearlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AWESOME testimony of Jehovah Rophe ... the God who heals!  Thank you for sharing!!

2. dante kelly profile image54
        dante kellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is how it was for misery hate fear and loniliness,I was trapped and didn't know what to do addicted to drugsand alcohol for the greater part of my life.I had perpared for nothing,I didn't how to live and I was scared.I knew right from wrong and chose to do the wrong hting every time.So why would a GOD do for me.I soon found out HE has done for me when I couldn't or wouldn't do for myself.Yeah GOD has away of letting you know HE'S GOD.See HE/SHE gives me people today who me the way nothing to grand I MISS IT or to tragic I GIVE UP.But first I learn how to be avaliable I didn't know so I was blessed to find people who did.Today I AM a MIRACLE,because GOD has allowed me aWAY to live according to HIS WILL.....

2. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure He does.  I have seen it many times in my life, and when I want to read testimonies, I go to Gospel for Asia's web site.

I have never heard of this site ... but I will check it out.  I know that there are great miracles occurring there.   Thanks for sharing!

3. Pratonix profile image72
      Pratonixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Precious Pearl, that was a genuine testimony that you gave. God bless you!

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeh! Great god!
        Sends one child to Disneyland while he lets the others starve to death. What a disgusting belief!

1. Jane@CM profile image61
          Jane@CMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is exactly this that bothers me so much and makes me question even more.  Why one and not the other?

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And why does grass grow on both sides of the fence ??

1. profile image0
              sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because the Sun doesn't play favorites.

That is a good answer.   better than mine!....

I was going to say  Cause it does

2. earnestshub profile image80

Well, religionists claim that their god answered their prayers.

It's because they are so much better than those who are starving I guess.
            Funny sort of god this, he answers all the religionists prayers while leaving a billion or so to die a horrible death, because they are not even worth saving from that particular torture for some reason.

Apparently once in a fit of rage the same biblical god wiped out almost everyone he created. smile

Nasty, people hating invisible fairy that one! lol

4. denden mangubat profile image68
      denden mangubatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

of course He will,just don't expect that he will answer you instantly,He will answer you in the right time,in His time,He knows the perfect timing,

5. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
      jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

One old man[ nearly 70yrs ]told me that about krishnas advice in GEETHA
      What happened --  good
      what is running  -   good
      what will happened  - good.
      He asked me  - Dont stop yourself in life . Because one thing               [may be god ] is watching you always . But you are not able to know.
      pl search, ask and knock.

2. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 13 years ago

Absolutly precious, perhaps not the big prayers that people don't notice such as world peace, an end to hunger. But small prayers that people don't necessarily associate with him. A pretty day. A good meal. Good company, and in my case, A roadside rest area with a working bathroom -lol. I remember a specific time when I was down on my luck. Although it seems selfesh. I asked for a rest-area while going over Donner Pass in a blind snow storm late one night, Guess what there was only room for one more truck. My truck was already sliding and I was concerned. Luck! perhaps, but I don't think so.

AWESOME Testimony, srwnson!  He cares about the small and the big!   Yes, Misha even the petty prayers ... which by the way is a matter of opinion.  Your petty might mean the world to someone else.  I won't judge your "prayers" ... be so kind as to not judge other peoples.  Thanks so much.

2. Jerami profile image58

I think that he answers all prayers that do not interfear with his bigger plan.

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

do you know why it's called "donner pass"? Why did God not answer thier prayers, but he gave you a bathroom? I agree with Misha.

3. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

petty prayers, petty god... sure ...

lol

1. srwnson profile image60
      srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You changed this post Misha, from small to petty. I'm curious why?

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cause it seems to better reflect what I wanted to say smile

But you didn't say anything relevent to the topic.

1. luvpassion profile image63
            luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

Perhaps Mr. Misha's remark wasn't aimed at your prayer Mr. Srwnson.

2. Misha profile image64

Why? If my English does not fail me, I did agree that petty god still answers petty prayers. Pretty much on topic. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
              Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WONDERFUL testimony Misha. Warms my heart to see an honest response to a dishonest question.

RAmen. big_smile

lol Wonderful Testimony Mr. Knowles high-five, you and your pal really set them religious folks straight about their God. > lol lol

No...  in this case they arn't even trying to set anyone streight about anything.   Just grabing center stage like a five year old

Well haven't you heard...Mr. Knowles is the king of Hubpages, just check out all his hubs...lol lol

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
                    Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would agree.

4. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Of course! Only if He is Biased! neutral

Biased?

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

RAmen Mark smile

Deleted

1. Misha profile image64

Now it's getting interesting. Care to be the third? wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

I go first tho - right? lol

1. Misha profile image64

We go together - double prayer, ya know wink

Together is how I picture the two of you...have you been to prison?

Or perhaps you just prefer each other... lol lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Luvpassion,

Don't feel left out...Misha offer for you to join. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. lol

(((Hugs))) tongue

@ the topic,

Interesting how people prayer to themselves....and find their prayers answered..... lol lol lol

They probably wouldn't, but they seem to mean so much to each other and I'm no homewrecker... lol lol

(((Hugs))) back at cha.

2. Misha profile image64

I personally am a devote lesbian - even though I was in prison, so no - I prefer girls. Don't mind to share them, though - in a double prayer manner. smile

Really...so is that the way you are with every girl you've ever been with...sharing them around?  Are you one of those men that shares women?

1. Misha profile image64

Nah, only those that are willing. I don't shove my beliefs down girls' throats, you know smile

2. luvpassion profile image63

You keep praying now... wink

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Some of the atheist on here has said that if we wern't bashing them they would respect our rights to have conversation.

What happened with that??

7. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

LOL I leave you guys to Mark. You are boring smile

Awww...and we were hanging on your every word. lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

It is nice to know that - despite causing children to starve in Africa - god balances things up by causing Precious to be able to take her kid to Disney land. I am just assuming that He must be responsible for the bad things as well as the trip to Disney land. Dear me. sad

1. 4wardthinker profile image71
        4wardthinkerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mr. Knowles you seem to be a respected in the eyes of many. I am new here, and I may not be a good writer, however I do understand the meaning of topic relevence. What happened here? Bad things can come in many forms. I don' t see this as Gods fault for bashing peoples beliefs. It is free will. I think your writing talents could be put to better use like lifting people up, not tearing them down. Just a thought!

8. Jerami profile image58

YEP   as I said earlier...  center stage with the volume turned up saying "nuttin"

9. Jerami profile image58

Switch hitters have arrived.

10. Jerami profile image58

Precious Pearl   wrote  I know that He does answer prayers but I want to hear from those of you who have prayed specifically about something and He answered you.  Does "No" always mean never or could it mean not now?  Does His "Yes" look like your ideal answer?  Does He only answer "Need" prayers or does He answer "Desire" prayers too?
    ============================================

Just being here not bothering anyone and not being bothered is an answer to one of my prayers.

Don't worry Jerami they'll be back when they get through. lol

11. Jerami profile image58

Go on a picnic to the park on a Sat. or Sun. afternoon,  you can always expect to see ants
      And if you are wanting to wisper sweet nothings to your sweet heart; a herd of crows AND blue Jays fore sure.

I think they got off on that little tit-for-tat they had with me earlier... lol lol

Perhaps they're having some happy time.

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

No prayer has ever been answered. Billions of prayers everyday, in 2,000 years there has not been one prayer answered, unless you accept "Yes he did, he found my car keys!" Or some other totally inane Rhubarb. Imagine 2,000 years multiplied by the number of faithful prayers, and not one answered.
    What are the odds?

Here's your chance to be the first person on the planet to prove one prayer that was answered. Millions of people who believe like you do, are dying of starvation every day!

1. profile image0
      Bubbooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

earnestshub......90 Mins. in Heaven.........
      A book about a man who had died in a car accident and another man prayed over him on the side of the road.  The Hwy patrol told him ( the one praying) that he was waisting his time because the guy was dead.  After being dead for 90 mins. he came back to life.  Sounds like an answered prayer to me.  I have many others I could mention, but I'm certain they would not change your mind either.

Why would they change my mind? That story has been told by every religionist alive!
        No proof, and silly to think that this would out-way all the other dead and dying that just, well ..... died!
        The book does not offer one iota of proof. One claimed event that is here-say is hardly going to answer a billion factual "Nope! Nothing happened, I am still dying of hunger"  results.

The claim that prayers are answered is not just bull*hit it is mathematically ridiculous, and megalomanic in psychological terms! smile

1. profile image0

I heard the same story and I sorta felt bad to break up the good news and miraculous intervention when I replied.."Um.. obviously he wasn't dead."  smile

Good observation Sandra! To claim prayers are answered is just flying in the face of reality. No prayer answered anywhere ever. smile

1. profile image0

Luke 16:31
              31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

Flying in the face of reality is telling people that they did not see what they think they saw.  How long must a man go without breathing or a heart beat before you would consider him dead? That comment is an insult to the EMT's and everyone else involved to say that they don't know when someone is dead.  There where many witnesses to this event and you say they all are wrong in what they saw.  It's funny how some people just know everything while the rest of the world are stupid liars.
              I think some people are so smart that they can't see reality.
              And did you say "hear-say"  LOL
              Where are all the eye witnesses to the BIG BANG?
              I will not discredit the Big Bang theory because I was not there when it may or may not have happened.  I do know, however, that if there was a Big Bang....................God did it.

If you can get that sort of assurance out of this single event while ignoring the billions of non events I would say that is bad logic and gullible.

Dead or alive, prayer had nothing to do with it! lol

1. profile image0

The Bible tells us that we should pray believing it has been done.  Well...... how can we expect answers if we don't believe?
                  Medical Science tells us that the brain can only go so long without oxygen before it is permanently damaged.  90 mins. is A Long Time, and yet the man has no brain damage.  Dead or Alive, (and he was dead) sounds like a miracle to me.
                  You say prayer had nothing to do with it, but you don't have any other explanation. Some atheist say that we should not expect them to believe it just because we say "God did it",  but why do some atheist expect us to stop believing just because they say " No He didn't?

Easy. He didn't do it the other 600 billion times anyone prayed Logic.

2. Pcunix profile image89
                    Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because every single double blind study has shown that it is nonsense.  Because as I said above, nobody has ever even prayed back a missing finger!

How many young soldiers have come home with missing arms, legs, hands, or feet?  No amount of prayer will ever make them whole and you know it.

Why do you ignore reality?  Prayer only works in the mind - it is no different than hypnosis.

Not even one missing finger.  Not one!

2. aguasilver profile image71
          aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Clutching at straws again Earnest, you are being plain dishonest.

Prayer works, and any believer has seen this demonstrated.

Even Doctors have seen it work, though they (like you) must disgrace themselves by lying and putting healings down to 'spontaneous remission' - LIARS

13. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 13 years ago

There are many organizations that feed the hungry. If you consider all the bad in the world a result of God refusing to answer prayer then you discount Satans influence.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yet, No one is volunteering to feed me!

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt327/Carweltj/funny-face.jpg

14. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0805/jesus-is-risen-dog-demotivational-poster-1209941994.jpg

1. profile image50
      johnbrittokeralaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why God gives me so much pain and sufferings in life

2. 4wardthinker profile image71

Deleted

1. profile image0

Are you blaming me for Jesus appearing on the backside of a dog?  lol

Those who laugh last, laugh loudest?

15. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Nobody has ever prayed back a missing limb.  Not once in the entire history of humanity has anyone ever prayed back even a missing finger!

Every single anecdote about prayer curing, saving, helping is always explainable by coincidence, psychology or bald-faced lies.

Praying may help make you feel better in your head, but it has no power other than psychological. 

That psychological benefit can be very good - I would never suggest that people who believe in this stop doing it.  It can help you feel better, it can even help the person being prayed for feel loved and all that is very nice and good, BUT IT IS NEVER GOING TO HAVE ANY REAL EFFECT!

16. Beelzedad profile image57
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

"Hey Jesus! Now that you've rid the world of Satan, war, famine, greed, pestilence and sin, what are you going to do now?"

"I'm gonna send Precious Pearl's daughter to Disneyland! Yeah!!"

"HOORAY"

smile

1. Pcunix profile image89

Was it here that someone said they needed a rest stop on the highway and it miraculously appeared?

You would think there would be one every mile by now :-)

I know that you're mocking me sir and that's okay, I never said God made a rest stop appear, only I was traveling through blinding snow and the snow cleared long enough for me to spot the rest stop, and there happened to be room for one truck. This may sound trivial to you, but if you have ever driven an 80 foot rig you would realize how unlikely it is to find a place to park at that time of night and under those weather conditions. I don't expect you to understand as you have no reason to believe it's unusual.

God Bless

1. Beelzedad profile image57
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny then that amongst all the other times there wasn't a space when you needed it and there was blinding snow when you didn't that either, this one time that there was out of many, many others is suddenly gods work.

Remind me to send a note to Websters having them delete the word 'coincidence' from their dictionary. wink

1. aguasilver profile image71

Godincidence.... that's how believers view it.

Took a quick look, and found this....

http://www.answers.com/topic/coincidence

n.
            The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.
            A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.

Englishâ–Ľ

Antonyms:coincidence

Definition: accidental happening
            Antonyms: design, plan, scheme

n

Definition: agreement; coexistence
            Antonyms: clash, deviation, difference, disagreement, divergence, mismatch

Simultaneous occurrences that connect together in a meaningful way. Such events may be the result the same prior cause or the result of sheer chance. Meaningfulness, a somewhat subjective notion, may vary from person to person. One person may see coinciding events as highly significant and another view the same events as merely of mild academic interest. Some unique coincidence may become highly important, even life-changing events, for the person who perceives them.

Unusual coincidences may be determined and assessed by calculating probabilities. When calculation shows that coincidences at a level higher than chance are occurring, and there is apparently no normal agency (error, fraud) to which the occurrence could be attributed, occult explanations (magic, spirit intervention, clairvoyance, telepathy) are given, and psychical research may shed light on the problem.

How complex calculating probabilities may be is well illustrated by a curious experience of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle told in his book Through the Magic Door (1907). He was staying in Switzerland and had visited the Gemmi Pass, where a high cliff separates a French from a German canton. On the summit of the cliff was a small inn that was isolated in winter for three months as it became inaccessible during heavy snowfalls. His imagination was stirred and he began to build up a short story of strong antagonistic characters being penned up in the inn, loathing each other, yet utterly unable to get away from each other's society, each day bringing them nearer to a tragedy. As he was returning home through France a volume of Guy Maupassant's Tales came into his hands. The first story he looked at was called "L'Auberge." The scene was laid in the very inn he had visited and the plot was the same as he had imagined, except that Maupassant brought in a savage hound.

Doyle experienced a most unusual coincidence. Maupassant visited the inn and wrote his story. Doyle visited the same place and evolved the same train of thought. He planned a story, then bought a book in France and saved himself from an eventual accusation of plagiarism. Was this also coincidence? He believed it to be more, an intervention by spiritual powers. But there are other explanations. For example, some might suggest that Maupassant's intense feeling about the inn amy have lingered in the psychic atmosphere and led Doyle "magnetically" to the book.

The calculation of probabilities offers little assistance in individual cases. For example, the London newspapers reported on April 1, 1930, that during the evening of the previous day two men, both named Butler, both butchers, were found shot (one in Nottinghamshire, one near London) by their cars. One was named Frederick Henry Butler, and the other David Henry Butler. They were entire strangers, unrelated, and both shot themselves with pistols by the side of their cars. In a case like this there is no chance expectation on which a calculation could be based. The probability is infinitesimal. Even if one in a billion suicides were by two strangers of the same occupation, of the same name, and under the same circumstances, there is still nothing to tell the date at which the occurrence is likely to take place. It may as well happen today as a thousand years hence. The improbability of the coincidence is therefore no barrier against its turning up in one single case.

How strange... smile

It's not strange at all, unless one is steeped in superstition and believes the laws of physics can be violated on a whim.

Seem the believers in that article can flap their arms and fly, too? wink

I also noticed their fallacious presentation of probabilities to support their assertions. How sad.

2. luvpassion profile image63

Idiotic...what the h are you doing? I know I act imature but I wouldn't have thought you two would. wink

So, according to your worldview, it is idiotic and immature to satirically point out prayer has achieved little more than sending one's children to Disneyland? wink

You weren't pointing something out...you were bullying and mocking. Do you deny it?

Of course I deny that baseless accusation. smile

So, even though Mr. Knowles already pointed out everything you repeated about Precious prayer...adding HOORAY!  you don't think you were bullying?

You're free to believe that. You're also free to believe that a god who sends ones kids to Disneyland while ignoring so many other prayers in which millions suffer, that is your prerogative. You're also free to believe that in itself isn't idiotic or immature. smile

I don't have an issue with that...I like to think people get what they deserve aka Karma.

roll

P.S. And why do you care anyway...you already said you don't believe in it, why belittle someone that does?

Karma is nonsense. Things happen to all people, good or bad.

You're kidding, right? Seriously?

17. mi2you profile image58
    mi2youposted 13 years ago

If God were man then he would answwer every prayer but he isn't. why doesn't he answer some very obvious big needs????????? thats the big one. He created the earth and gave us pretty much all we need but what do humans do???????????? now he's giving us a chance to do the right thing. He intervenes on occaasion and at others he pretty much leaves us. everyday however he calls us to return to him.besides an answer could be yes, no or later. why do we ansume when he says no it means he didn't answer. he doesn't have to give in to us. if he did He wouldn't be God

18. motricio profile image68
    motricioposted 13 years ago

Always big_smile

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is yet light, is there not? The darkness has not yet suceeded. There is still hope, we must strife to solve our own problems and be independent, as we claim we are. We say "I do as I please, but forgive me my sins, and oh well, I'll go and do it again and again, because I'll always be forgiven." Little children of a lesser god, why do you go your own way, then expect divine intervention on a silver platter? BEND THY KNEES!

Yuk, yuk, yuk!

Hey Druid, only you religious folk commit sins. Because, you are religious.

Sin doesn't exist outside of religion, just like a god doesn't exist outside religion. lol lol

Please try to remember, no god is required to understand life, just like there is no god required to live life either.

Therefore, no god exists. lol

so, since sin describes something which is , in society, considered morally wrong, do you mean to say that if you murder someone, it is only wrong if you believe in god?

If you want to speak of morals, try and leave religion out of it. Religion doesn't teach morals, it teaches "do as I say, not as I do".

So please....get real

As for killing someone who is a living and breathing person, yes it is morally wrong, but has nothing to do with sin.

Just like lustful thoughts are considered a sin, yet do not harm whatsoever.

Again....try sticking to living in reality.

2. aguasilver profile image71

"Please try to remember, no god is required to understand life, just like there is no god required to live life either.

Therefore, no god exists."

You hope at least!

You are right, you can live life without any god (except your own ego)..... but dying without God is not such a good idea, and living in rebellion against God is even worse.

2. profile image0

..and suck it!

19. beebong profile image57
    beebongposted 13 years ago

Every year a lot of people go on a pilgramage to Luordes or Medjugorie and they have their prayers answered...some get miracles...try prayer it really helps even if you do not believe. If you don't believe me tell me then I  will say a prayer that will blow your socks off.

I do not believe you.

1. profile image0

I would love to see my socks blow off!  Let's get that prayer!

2. profile image0

It would be a miracle if they would get off the teat of the god.

That's right. He has better things to do than to put up with the constany whining and BOOHOOHOO. SAVE ME! Please save ME. Now some one was saying about me being religious? Just because I have a grip on the point being made, just like understanding spanish doesn't make me hispanic. GET IT? GOT IT? GOOD!

How would you KNOW what a god would have better to do?

You make no sense.

2. profile image0

So what you are saying is you think it is good to suckle god's nipple because you understand that just because you can get good suck, doesn't make you a sucker?

3. Cagsil profile image70

I constantly have Christians telling me that they will pray for me and absolutely NOTHING happens. So, one of two things- (a)they are liars or (b)there is no god answering prayers.

So please...get real

Don't remember having said that. Sorry if you got the wrong impression. I'm pretty much a pagan. Christians think people like us are POSESSED!!! Blitty Blip Bloopy.

Never mind DD, they think all religions are bad. smile

Not true.

Religion can help some be better people.  It can comfort people.

Unfortunately, it can do the exact opposite also.  But if you fall in the first group, I am all in favor of it.

I just do not need thaf silly lie myself.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Luvpassion,

Just mystic religions that have a belief in a god.

There are other definitions for the word religion, which actually do apply to reality, therefore those ones will not disappear ever.

tongue smile

That is something to think about ?????

20. luvpassion profile image63
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Perhaps you should try and start your own religions. lol lol

Hey! You can worship each other and have orgies and pull the wings of butterflies and stuff, you can burn churches and bully people. lol lol

21. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

God only answers liars!

Excuse me!

1. profile image0

There is no excuse for you.

Nor you either Mom so butt out.

1. profile image0

"Butt" out of what?  Your delusional fantasy?  Stop lying!

I don't remember any fantasy with you in it...wait maybe it was one of the others. lol lol

1. profile image0

Jealous?

Now you are delusional...Nah nah nah.... lol

1. profile image0

oooh, was that supposed to hurt?  hahahhaha.  Yes, coming from a person who believes orgies are nasty but loves to suck on god's teat with millions of other!  lol

22. Jerami profile image58

Has everyone had a good day.   I hope so.

23. yublanty profile image56
    yublantyposted 13 years ago

its unfortunate

24. Precious Pearl profile image76
    Precious Pearlposted 13 years ago

I want to say thank you to those who stayed on topic and answered the question.  I appreciate your responses very much.  As for the rest of you, I hope that you enjoyed your time as well. If it gave you pleasure to mock those that are trying to encourage each other ... then perhaps that is what was meant to happen for you.  As for me, I am so glad to be serving a real and loving God that forgives me.  I am so happy that I can testify of not only "the petty" answers to prayer but the huge ones as well ... like a roof over my head, food on my table, clothes on my back, and the ability to share that which I have with others even though it isn't much.  You may not appreciate what it means to a little girl who lost her family to divorce to be able to go to Disney but my Father, ABBA knows what it means ... and that is why He answered with a resounding "Yes!"  I praise Him and I thank Him that He cared about my "petty" prayer.

"But Mommy, if god gave us all those things and is sending me to Disneyland, will he also feed the starving children of the world and send them to Disneyland?"

Beelzedad, my daughter and I have both fed the homeless & starving  ... so, I guess the answer to your question is "Yes" ... what about you?  He uses people to feed people.  Oh, I know you weren't really expecting an answer but that is ok ... He does indeed feed the starving children of the world.  Are you?

Then, why aren't they feeding you instead of you feeding them?

2. Diane Inside profile image74
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Precious Pearl, so nice to see you not letting all that neagativity, get to you. Sometimes you just gotta let others do as they will. Sometimes living on faith is all we have, and that's what gets us by. Nice to know there are still believers out there. I seems like noone wants to take the time to just believe anything anymore.

Which is sad. Of course God answers prayers, even when sometimes it is not the answer we want.  God bless you and keep you.

Too bad the unanswered prayers for a morsel of food are trumped by prayers for trips to Disneyland. smile

Let it go dude. roll

Why? Does it make you feel uncomfortable knowing god sends kids to Disneyland? Or, is there something else? wink

It doesn't I just think you're still bullying. roll

Pointing out hypocrisy and contradiction in ones logic is bullying? Since when?

You're only pointing out how insensitive you are a#@hole.

luvpassion? When you get some time, you should re-read your comments to other people so you can re-evaluate how you reflect on others. I don't hear any "luv" in your words. If you are going to take a stand on something, use it for something that will make someones life a little better, and be "passionate" about it. I'm sure you have it in you.

2. Precious Pearl profile image76

Thank you for your reply Diane Inside!  Blessings to you and your family as well.   Stand and Believe!

3. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Precious Pearl on how you handled the negativity in the forum. I also know that God answer prayers ,and  I have also experienced God answering the prayers of my heart.

Thank you, Woman of  Courage.  I believe that as I forgive others and hold no charge against them ... God can use my heart to love as He does.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
          Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

25. sabrinaaq profile image61
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

He always and will continue to answer prayers forever! big_smile

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True but he will not give us everything we ask for. It's like a parent looking after his children/adult. He's not going to give certain things that take the child off the chosen path. We are all here learning and there are certain things written in our life charts that we need to accomplish. Also we must take into consideration the world of people. Something you ask for may go against the larger scale of it all.

Think of all the people in the third world Countries. Oh darn that might make you not believe in God. Well everything happens for a reason. The divine being is there listening to you and helping all according to one's life path chart.

Know this, when large groups of people get together and  pray for the same result/goal it produces amazing results! Research it, you will find a lot of documents on it I'm sure!

I found right off: http://www.indigorecords.com/NewFaith/c … usness.htm

Joy and many blessings!

You believe that feeding starving children will take the child off the chosen path but sending a kid to Disneyland is the chosen path? How does that work, exactly?

Are you saying it's a whole lot easier to send one kid to Disneyland rather than feed an army of starving kids? Maybe, your right.

What reason could you possibly contrive to explain trips to Disneyland and starving third world countries?

Perhaps more people are praying to go to Disneyland.

I have, there are plenty of statistical documentation showing the deaths of millions. There is absolutely no documentation showing trips to Disneyland.

26. ailang profile image61
    ailangposted 13 years ago

I guarantee that He always answer all our pray...He has time..He has power to give His answer by now, by tomorrow or maybe not..As long as we believe that He listen our pray, the miracle will be come to our live...Just pray..

27. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

God has answered lots of my prayers!

Hi, Ernesto!

Hi habee! Prove it! smile smile I could believe the same but decided I am a tin-ass!

28. thirdmillenium profile image59
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Only if you believe in him and your request is an absolute necessity

Like when someone is dying of starvation?

Would that be important enough?

Or is it more important that he recognises your superior position and finds your car keys instead?

29. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Dear Earnest, you, you who has lied to yourself and others for years to satisfy and fill the void, now demand proof of your own foolishness incarnate. Yet, 100%  without a doubt or experience, you know for certain, everything you believe was false. Still, you cannot let go, because the Truth you seek was there, for a moment, then gone. It hurt --badly, no doubt. Death around you, angry people blaming you. A moment of purity swallowed up in that taunting ball of glucose and electricity. Even after, you crave the truth, because you understood it, for just a second. Then it vanished and that set you off. Now you have convinced yourself it was you who fabricated that instance. But you did not. And this you know full well. Still, you eat of that fruit daily, that thing, that conviction. Either it is going to satisfy you or kill you, my friend. I suspect with a sad heart, the latter, as the fruit of the mind is never satisfied and never liberates you from false guilt...

lol lol lol I'll say this for you 21. When you get it wrong you miss by a full barn width!

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not!
        It is spot on, diggity good.
        but, it's your life my man.
        live or die --it all comes down to you. smile

Live or die? lol

30. profile image0
    selrachposted 13 years ago

If god answers prayers how does he pick what prayers to answer?

I can still remember the day I knelt in the church tears streaming down my face not asking but begging for help to stop my drinking.

5 years and a damaged liver later I stopped drinking with the help of medication and fellow alcoholics.

And sorry I must include attempted suicide was gods answer to me

F***OFF AND DIE

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A little bit bitter are we.  Well I'm not going to F off an die for you or anybody else.  I'm sorry you're so bitter but we all have crap in our lives and we all have to learn to live with it.  My mother died when I was 11, I was sexually assulted while in foster care, and as if that wasn't enough for one plate, I got cancer at 29.  Well I survived all that and I've been cancer free for 20 years.  I have two daughters the doctors told me I would never be able to have, and my alcoholic husband who used to brag about how he has been drinking 20+ beers a day since he was in high school has now been clean and sober for over 5 months. He has also turned his internet porn addiction around, so if you ask me, God does still answer prayers.  But you can't just sit around and wait for it like a handout, you have to get up off your fat behind and go out and make it happen for yourself.  That's how God answers prayers, he gives us the strength to go and get the things we want and if we really want them, we will.  That's how you know the difference between what you really want and what you only think you want.

1. profile image0
        selrachposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry if you misunderstood my post.The f***off and die was not directed at other posters,but asking if this was the answer to my prayer.
        I suppose when I look from another perspective the fact that the suicide attempt failed and I am now sober was gods answer.

1. mom101 profile image60
          mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

selrach, God answers prayers. Every second of every day. You may not get the answer YOU wanted, but MAYBE He has plans for you. MAYBE He didnt let you succeed for a reason. You can still talk? I see you can type. Possibility?

Not saying this is true in your case .
      But I have found myself asking or a solution to a problem and NOT wanting to address the underlying cause.

Like wanting to get rid of the roaches without having to take out the trash.
        Sometimes if our prayers are answered the trash just piles up higher. SO.. sometimes Gods greatest gifts really are unanswered prayers!   
         We have to own our mistakes before they can be dealt with.
         If we don't learn from our mistakes we keep making them.
        There is no lasting wisdom to be learned when we are GIVEN the easy solution.

I don't think that our decision to believe in a Higher Power, or not; should be based upon how well our wish list was fulled.

31. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Christian god-jesus, neither listens nor answers prayers; it is the Christian God-the-Father who used to listen and answer; He still listens and answers now. The Christian god-the- holyspirit is but an angel; he also cannot listen and answer except with the permission of the Christian God-the-Father.

It is for this that Jesus on the Cross and in the garden of Gethsemane only prayed to the Christian God-the-Father and he did no pray to himself or to the Christian god-the- holyspirit.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

WTF...are you serious. hmm

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I expressed what I believe sincerely.

Wow! Your posts always sound so matter of fact. Like you were right there when it all happened! lol lol lol

32. profile image50

Jesus prayed to the Creator-God Allah YHWH, whom he addressed sometimes as his Lord-God-the-Father; and requested Him to save his life. He heard his prayers and saved him his life on the Cross.

In our times Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 prayed to the Creator-God Allah YHWH and He heard his prayers; he has mentioned a several thousand instances when his prayers were heard and responded by Him. One could read his book "Haqiqat-ul-Wahee" and see all of them there.

Thanks

33. EatLovePray profile image60
    EatLovePrayposted 13 years ago

If you ask with a clean heart and mind, he will listen. There is wait in his house, not darkness... big_smile

Today is Janmashtami..in the Hindu religion. Lord Krishna will answer your prayers.. Since..I'm a Hindu..I've wrote an article..He will come to your door soon.. big_smile.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Janmashtami-Cel … of-Krishna

34. earnestshub profile image80

Here is another leading question. "Are you still beating your wife?"
    What do you mean is he STILL answering prayers Willis!

35. profile image50
    sofiajohnson8posted 13 years ago

I believe that God only answer prayers of those who have faith in Him. I know that every trials that we encounter is a God's Will and He knows that we have always a solution to every problem.

36. earnestshub profile image80

Never has, never will.

So be it for you Earnest, shame, but if that's what you want, so be it!

No, that's just how it is.
        After 2,000 years with not one single piece of truth I thought that should be self evident. smile

With your emphasis on 'self' I guess?

Most believers will have seen answered prayer in their lives, if you did not, it's because you were involved in a false ministry, which I agree is prevalent in the faith.

But prayer works, of that there is no doubt.

1. profile image50
            paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you; but one should pray as well as adopt all possible and reasonable measures to achieve one's purpose.

lol The "right ministry" being yours eh? lol lol lol

Nope Earnest, I don't have any public ministry, except maybe writing hubpages, and I surely do not get rich doing that!

Other than that I work on the principal that everyone I meet has either a need to be blessed or the ability to bless me....

.... or in world speak, I can help them or they can help me.

Stay Blessed! cool

37. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

well...the dude is getting back into the act since he cured himself of that venereal thing.

38. Maira818 profile image72
    Maira818posted 13 years ago

talking about the Christian God,

why it may sometimes seem like God does not answer prayers?

I think it may be due to many factors,

sometimes i think because we are not children of God.  while we are all creatures of God, not all are His children.  He will only listen to his children.  Of course being God he can hear everyone, but will not pay attention to a...let's say a satan worshiper or something.

sometimes we ask for stuff that will drive us apart from God (money could be one), or ask for something that will cause us harm in some way.

other times we havent learned to wait.  i mean God has granted our wish, but we will not see the results instantly.  we will have to wait until God decides the right time.

39. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Of course he does and then all the little pixies from La La land come to play!

Nice to have something to believe in though...well done!

40. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

god has never ever answered one prayer - do you think he went out somewhere ?    Loads of stuff comes our way unexpectedly from nature, loads of stuff comes from the natural goodness of people, and loads of stuff just drops on us randomly like pigeon sh*t in the town square.  This has been round and round so many times - why would any super being give you something when it means taking it away from someone else ?  Does anyone really think they are so precious that their god lets other kids die of starvation so they can get fatter thmeselves - please give this one a rest !

41. profile image50

Responding or accepting the prayers of the human beings is a permanant attribute of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; like he responded the prayers in the times of Moses or Jesus, the same way he accepts the prayers now; but one should understand the Philosphy of the prayers.

The Promised Messiah 1835-1908 has written a book "Blessings of Prayer" :
    http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Bl … Prayer.pdf

"If someone is in doubt because some prayers are
    not accepted and are apparently ineffectual, I would
    say that the same is also true of medicines. Have
    medicines closed the door of death, or is it impossible
    for them to fail in their purpose? And yet can anyone
    deny their effect?

It is true that Predestination
    comprehends everything, but it has neither rendered
    the sciences useless nor has it shown the means to be
    unreliable. If you reflect deeply enough, you will see
    that the physical and spiritual means are not outside
    the sphere of Predestination. For instance, if a sick
    person’s destiny is favourable, all the means for the
    proper remedy become available and his physical
    condition happens to be such that it is ready to derive
    full benefit from the remedy, and the medicine also
    finds its mark accurately. The same principle applies
    to prayer.

All the means and conditions for the
    acceptance of a prayer only become available when
    God wills to accept it. God Almighty has bound both
    the physical and spiritual orders in the same chain of
    cause and effect."

I have given a passage from the above book; one may access and benefit from the Book.

Thanks

1. Troy C. profile image61
      Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes god does and always will answer the prayers of the righteous, those who believe in him and have true faith. HEBREWS 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

42. inspiredbydg profile image60
    inspiredbydgposted 13 years ago

The answers to our prayers are as simple as our connection to our understanding of the GOD that understands us; whatever that connection is of ones GOD idea; the answers are just like that; a matter of faith; a matter of processing the answer just like processing the question or petition; GOD always answers; the question do we always pay attention to the answer and process it?

GOD is instant always in answering to all types of our prayers, our world our universe our lives will not be what it is without GOD answering prayers from a cellular, emotional, mental, vocal, and physical action level.

Hmmm... bloated dead bodies littering the streets by the tens of thousands who have died of starvation daily.

The answer has thus been processed.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)